Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Apologies. This is just a simple post to show that I haven't forgotten about this game. Unfortunately, it's half past one in the morning. I'm simply too tired to read this game thoroughly, let alone make relevant comments.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by cades »

you caught me, although I really don't know who that is, opps that was suspicious wasn't it, oh well :)
and you didn't vote me, but you said, aww my cades drive isn't working or something, if someone would of voted for me you wold have, but it is okay, if I die 1 more townie is gone, but that would make you happy since you are scum, but you can vote me, go ahead.

I have no problem with McGriddle tho, uhoh, I'm just so suspicious aren't I, no matter what I say, and you are right, I messed up you didn't post for a day, I was reading over the posts and a lot was posted, so it seemed longer.
and yes you have played much longer, but clearly as I know I'm a townie, you must not be very good, and how can you say, I'M NOT VOTING YOU and then vote me?
and how can their be good logic, one you voted me so I must already know you're wrong, and 2 everyone is scummy in some way so how can anything be logic that I should trust. I can't say my actions are logical, but no ones elses are. I could think anyone was suspicious, that doesn't make it logical, but of course I'm pretty scummy to say this aren't I?

but foilist may not be it on you with it, but CSl has been saying the same things as you, maybe not, I don't know, 11 mins between each post, that is a little scummy!???? give me a break, but all can vote for me, but the townies shall weep, uhoh I said that I was a townie to much I must be trying to blend in to badly.
?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by CSL »

Cades, although I commend you on your wall of text, I believe that ie "Appeal To Emotion" or AtE for short. Basically, it's an anti-town action where you seem to be emotional to make the other townies feel sorry for you, and unvote you. In other words, you just made yourself scummier.
Unvote; Vote: Cades
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Crimmy »

McGriddle wrote:
Vote Crimmy

For sounding very suspicious to me, and after realizing how suspicious
became inactive.
Seems scummy to me. Personal opinion. Sorry Crimmy, but in this game you can't trust anyone.
Oh sure.
I can't have personal life, because I'm always in front of a PC.
I can't have my life because I need to be here so I'm not suspicious, is that it?

Well, have it your way. I'm sure this is THE most scummy thing I've seen so far. I mean, you only say "sounding suspicious", and then you say you'll get me for "absence". I went away, what, 7 hours? Maybe you don't eat, or do homework, but life happens.

So, basically, you vote for one person because they "sound suspicious" without giving the specific quote where it sounded suspicious; not to mention people who go out to eat, instead of sitting in front of a PC are scummies.

People, go figure. I'll just raise a Finger of Suspicion on McGriddle.

IGMEOY McGriddle.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Unvote: Vote Cades

Obvious reason. Post number 76.

I haven't defended Cades at all. So if you think I am on his team you are sadly mistaken. I even threw him in front of the bus on accident lol.
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Crimmy »

EBWOP - No, I'm not trying to get you guys sorry for me, but that thing McGriddle said was indeed weird and suspicious.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I'm vaguely inclined to agree with CSL, but we've only been playing for a couple days here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The dimaba argument is fairly easy to see both sides of. I'm inclined to think that Dimaba is town playing the way he thinks he's supposed to, and brother is seeing someone play the way he thinks they're not supposed to. Whether or not Dimaba is actually scummy based on this I'm not sure. I'll have to take a closer look at his post, but for the moment I get newbie town.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by CSL »

@ foilest: I know. I'm just keeping track of my progress. It's bound to change, if their playstyle changes.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Crimmy wrote:
McGriddle wrote:
Vote Crimmy

For sounding very suspicious to me, and after realizing how suspicious
became inactive.
Seems scummy to me. Personal opinion. Sorry Crimmy, but in this game you can't trust anyone.
Oh sure.
I can't have personal life, because I'm always in front of a PC.
I can't have my life because I need to be here so I'm not suspicious, is that it?

Well, have it your way. I'm sure this is THE most scummy thing I've seen so far. I mean, you only say "sounding suspicious", and then you say you'll get me for "absence". I went away, what, 7 hours? Maybe you don't eat, or do homework, but life happens.

So, basically, you vote for one person because they "sound suspicious" without giving the specific quote where it sounded suspicious; not to mention people who go out to eat, instead of sitting in front of a PC are scummies.

People, go figure. I'll just raise a Finger of Suspicion on McGriddle.

IGMEOY McGriddle.
Lol everything you have done sounds scummy. I'm not trying to offend you I promise. I just had a feeling you were scum because you were so active and then when the focus was taken off of you, you seemed to just lay low. I'm sorry mate, just a personal opinion. No need to get offended.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by CSL »

Oh, and I forgot to
HoS: McGriddle
in my last vote. You all should know why, but it's because of his playstyle.

I request that people who do not have avatars please get one now, as to better identify you. Thanks in advance.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by foilist13 »

OK, Day 1 starts.

1. Michael busts us right out of the RVS with a post against me, backed up by a vote.
2. Dimaba then votes me as well, putting me at L-3, but also posts reasons, and states his agreement with Michael.
3. McGriddle then joins the bandwagon without posting reasons other than suspicion.

4. Crimmy joins, and passes it as a random vote, putting me at L-1.
5. CSL votes Crimmy and FoS's everyone else on the bandwagon.
6. Everyone hurriedly gets off the bandwagon, saying they want to wait before lynching.
7. Bandwagon on Crimmy starts. (These last two sort of over lap).
8. Bandwagon on McGriddle starts.
9. Brother votes Dimaba.
10. McGriddle gets on the Crimmy wagon, without posting reasons other than suspicion.

11. Bandwagon on Cades starts.
12. McGriddle gets on the Cades bandwagon, alluding to reasons he posted earlier.

Is anyone else noticing a pattern here?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Actually, Mcgriddle's 'reason' for joining the cades wagon is this.
McGriddle wrote:Unvote: Vote Cades

I haven't defended Cades at all. So if you think I am on his team you are sadly mistaken. I even threw him in front of the bus on accident lol.
I didn't see anything scummy about post 76.

Cades, my apologies for the misunderstanding. At the time of my saying, "I'm not voting you", I wasn't. I
then
decided to vote you. My primary reason for voting you is that you have refused to provide evidence for your accusations against me. You said that I said "everything is going to appear scummy to somebody" and "if you don't agree with what I'm saying, you're scum".
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Let's see...

The brother-dimaba argument feels a lot like two pro-town players clashing. Brother is correct when he says that Dimaba's post give an impression of "look how pro-town I am!". However, to me that seems to be a result of inexperience combined with writing style, rather then intentional behaviour by scum.

McGriddle is switching bandwagons on little reason a bit too often for my taste. It gives me the feeling he wants to follow popular opinion in order to not stand out.

I'm having trouble making sense of cades. His writing style makes it difficult for me to understand what he is trying to say. His over the top reaction to a bit of suspicion also doesn't sit very well with me. However, I get the impression that he's playing poorly rather then scummy.

foilist analysis of the game situation matches mine for the most part. I have no reasons to be suspicious of him at the moment.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:46 am

Post by McGriddle »

Lol everyone who says I am riding bandwagons, I am a newb, my tells usually aren't as good as anyone elses, so obviously if someone puts up a tell and it sounds like a good tell I am going to lean towards that person.

And if Cades post isn't obvious I can't help you.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:49 am

Post by cades »

McGriddle wrote:

so you vote me because they said that we were a team, would you vote them :?:
anyway, I didn't realize I tried to make everyone feel sad for me, but I guess I did, and of course that is scummy, as everything is even this emoticon :wink:
anyway, sadly I was killed during the night in my other game, as I was a townie, but I probably will die here during the day as a townie.
the worst part is, I might live, but then Jack will be killed during the night, so everyone will think it was me, but of course how could jack kill himself?

Unvote: Vote McGriddle

you voted me for no reason, I'm not voting you because you vote me, but because you voted me for a dumb reason.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am

Post by CSL »

@ Jack: It was AtE. (Appeal to Emotion)

@ cades: This is why I'm voting you. McGriddle seems more townish than you, because you have voted him for post 76, which is a REAL good reason why he voted you. In fact, I highly doubt you are town now, since my scumdar is ticking.

(Don't take it personal, I'm just playing the game.)
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by McGriddle »

cades wrote:
McGriddle wrote:

so you vote me because they said that we were a team, would you vote them :?:
anyway, I didn't realize I tried to make everyone feel sad for me, but I guess I did, and of course that is scummy, as everything is even this emoticon :wink:
anyway, sadly I was killed during the night in my other game, as I was a townie, but I probably will die here during the day as a townie.
the worst part is, I might live, but then Jack will be killed during the night, so everyone will think it was me, but of course how could jack kill himself?

Unvote: Vote McGriddle

you voted me for no reason, I'm not voting you because you vote me, but because you voted me for a dumb reason.
No I meant I was suspicious of you Cades. Now I am almost positive you are scum. You make that obvious scum post, then put me in L-2 (was almost L-1) and after all of that you attack me individually because right now I am the most suspicious and hurting player. (My fault, again, I am a newb and I am still getting the hang of this and trying to find the right way to get through this game alive lol) But back to what I was saying it is obvious that are scum to me because I DID vote you for a better reason than you are voting me. Also for putting me in L-2 because of a personal voting opinion where as yours was via a previous post that is scummy to me.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Cades, I have asked you many times to support your arguments against me. Mcgriddle, if you want to get through this game alive, post valid reasons when you post. Saying 'it should be obvious' is a fallacy, a form of ad homonim or attack on the player, as it is called in the mafia scum wiki. I ask you, cades, to drop your vote on me or prove at least one of your arguments correct. I ask you, mcgriddle, to explain your vote. Maybe the threat of a lynch will motivate you sufficiently to tell me? If AtE is all your going on, I don't like it.
Unvote

Don't make me follow it up with, "Vote mcgriddle".(Not an actual vote!)

Mod: Can we get a vote count please?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Sorry, cades. I forgot that you did unvote. I'll still want an explanation. Mcgriddle, who is voting for you that you say "L-2"? I only see cades.

cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by cades »

also, McGriddle, you put me in L-2 also, maybe L-1 I wasn't even sure, so you have no room to talk.
I vote McGriddle because you guys said that me and him could be together as mafia, but you vote me, just to say we weren't. that makes no sense, it does a little, but not really.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by CSL »

Jack, if you want, I can conjure up an unofficial one...
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Sure. I think only one person is currently voting mcgrill, so I don't know why he thinks he's at L-2.

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Uhm I had 3 people and almost 4. And to answer your question, He made an obvious "oh look at me! I am being sarcastic about being a scum" post. That's a dead give to me. My opinion is that it was obvious.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by CSL »

This is unofficial, but might be a good help

Cades (L-2) CSL, McGriddle, Jack
Dimaba (L-4) brother
Crimmy (L-4) foilest13
McGriddle (L-2) MSh, dimaba, Cades

Not Voting: Crimmy
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by CSL »

Oops, Didn't see Jack's Unvote

FIXED UNOFFICIAL

Cades (L-3) CSL, McGriddle
Dimaba (L-4) brother
Crimmy (L-4) foilest13
McGriddle (L-2) MSh, dimaba, Cades

Not Voting: Crimmy, Jack
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O