Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Furry »

I think this brings me to something like 10-3 as scum...

Was a wierd spot. The issue I realized far to late with fitz was if he was on a 3-3 votecount, it practically confirmed that he was voting scum and the other three were voting town. With it being obvious that lowell was in serious shit, that became a concern in making a counterwagon that I underestimated at first.

What I didnt expect was FF being off how much he was. This became a new prediciment because he was the best for scum to keep around, after a lowell lynch though he was going to be completely doomed, so it became necessary to either get another town lynched after him (my original goal, was leaning to lynx if you look at what I was saying) or to get someone else lynched first.

Thats why stalling happened, I knew lowell was going to be voting lynx (which is argueale from lynx-scum) but was wondering if I could have RV show up before lowell hit L-1. If he didnt, going for a mislynch became deadly for us if it wasnt played right, while untill then it was hard but doable.

I actually debated fake hammering lowell and declaring scum win. Not too sure how that would of worked out though. Was an interesting game though that needed to be won fast for scum, since there was almost no chance jazz was getting lynched, so reaching a F4/F3 with the game still being in progress lost it for scum.

Might be the first time ive won without having read anything but day one though.
Temporary unretired alt
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Lowell »

I played that whole game holding my breath, every day a new potential disaster.

Next time bring kryptonite.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I wasnt gone, i was watching the whole time. I figured since we couldnt communicate i would have to wait til lynx was L-2 then try to get online same time with another scum. I noticed furry active elsewhere so i made my first post.

I cannot believe my slot survived so long with such lurking :D
Winter is coming.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote Count:

Lynx The Antithesis:
Flava Flave, Lowell, Furry, Rifka Viveka

Lowell:
Lynx The Antithesis, havingfitz

Not Voting: Jazzmyn

Deep in the jungle many dangers exist.

Lynx The Antithesis realized the truth in that statement when a lynch mob decided that he would be in their best interests to get rid of. After a long and tiresome stuggle, Lynx The Antithesis was no more.

Although the werewolves have been defeated, there is one last group of villains left for the town to face.

Will they get a chance?

No.

Lynx The Antithesis,
Townie
, lynched Day Four.

MAFIA WINS!

Jazzmyn,
Townie
endgamed Day Four.

Flava Flave,
Townie
endgamed Day Four.

havingfitz,
Seer
, endgamed Day Four.

Lowell,
Mafia
wins game Day Four.

Furry,
Mafia
wins game Day Four.

Rifka Viveka,
Mafia
wins game Day Four.

Great job everyone! I enjoyed hosting my first mafiascum game.
It got a bit inactive around the end but all in all, well done by everyone.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

was completely off about jazz and lynx, my only contributing factor was to nail big.

not sure why the wolf chose me to pop off.

town was hurt by lurking and those who lurk (replaced)

good game lowell....going to remembe this one.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Furry »

curiouskarmadog wrote:was completely off about jazz and lynx, my only contributing factor was to nail big.

not sure why the wolf chose me to pop off.
This all surprised me too. Maybe it was because wolf was afraid of keeping non-wolf looking people in the alive pool, but why would they take a shot at someone who could get lynched as mafia shot?

Quite disappointing to me, since you getting lynched would of put some stuff up on Jazz who would of been next to impossible to lynch.
Temporary unretired alt
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 am

Post by havingfitz »

That sucked. Lynx had enough suspicions towards him as well I suppose but definitely thought Lowell should have gone first. RV was moving up my list with his/her lurking. Furry would have taken a bit more effort...I had him on a suspect level = to jazzmyn. I also didn't realize we were in LYLO. Fock. Good game Furry...you injected some much needed activity (along with FF to a somewhat lesser extent). I still have yet to win a game as town. #$%^
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

I want a 1000 word apology pm from all those who lynched me including scum. Must include dowright praise of me and what you could have done to lynch Lowell instead.

Fun game everyone. I just wished we lynched lowell first, then you could have kicked me to the curb.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Furry »

havingfitz wrote: Good game Furry...you injected some much needed activity (along with FF to a somewhat lesser extent).
This game does prove the point that games with low activity are much easier to take control of as scum and lead the town to its own demise. If it was very active, it might of been much harder to stave off the lynch of Lowell.
Temporary unretired alt
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by dank »

I banked everything on saber being gone D1. I would have been the first on bigmc D2, and pushed him hard. He was getting far too scummy not to bus. I thought I layed the groundwork well enough on D1 to look town going through and getting him lynched D2, since saber was just too scummy to ignore. Sadly, that misfired.

Meh.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Furry wrote:This game does prove the point that games with low activity are much easier to take control of as scum and lead the town to its own demise. If it was very active, it might of been much harder to stave off the lynch of Lowell.
Indeed. I am trying to get people to break away from the "conventional wisdom" on this site that holds that lynching lurkers is taboo, but unfortunately, it's difficult to get people to drop 'conventional wisdoms' even when they are repeatedly proven to be anything but wise. I really think that lynching intentional lurkers needs to be done far more often, regardless of results, so that it cannot be used so effectively by scum. I think that if the "don't lynch lurkers" mindset is changed, then scum will be forced to stop lurking their way to victory.

That said, good game, all. See you in another sometime.

Regards,
Jazz
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Lowell »

Sorry lynx, I'm unkillable.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

We didn't need more activity, we needed smarter town. Even before I replaced I knew the town was rapidly losing control with each non-mafia kill. Like I said then, we shouldn't try to kill the wolf. Did you guys just not understand that the mafia was going to quicklynch or something?

Mafia is a lot harder with 2 scumteams, it's almost a different game.

Curious, I killed you cuz I was top on of your scumlist and thought you might be seer.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

Are you arguing that from your town perspective or wolf perspective?

I wasnt BSing earlier when i talked about lynching the wolf was better than lynching mafia. I wouldnt have dared to propose any other strategy because it was IMO self evidently correct. I guess you wouldnt need to comprehensively run the math for all situations to be sure though
Winter is coming.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Lowell wrote:Sorry lynx, I'm unkillable.
You do seem to endure longer than me in the games I've played with you. Though I do seem to suspect you regardless of alignment.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Rifka Viveka wrote:Are you arguing that from your town perspective or wolf perspective?

I wasnt BSing earlier when i talked about lynching the wolf was better than lynching mafia. I wouldnt have dared to propose any other strategy because it was IMO self evidently correct. I guess you wouldnt need to comprehensively run the math for all situations to be sure though
Like I said I was advocating not killing the wolf before I replaced back as scum, but no one took me seriously except havingfitz, who changed his mind.

It makes sense to go after the nightkiller, but not at the cost of allowing the mafia almost half the town. Both the wolf and town were weaker than mafia and needed to team up.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 am

Post by MeMe »

last post