Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Mafia wins on Day 5!

A DAILY AND EXCELLENT PUBLICATION:

Hello gentlemen, ladies.

The village sure was cliquey. That was how we liked it. It was easy to feel a certain security when you kept to your own. You knew who you knew, and there was no need to concern yourself with the others. These are different times though, as indicated by the recent mishap at the barbershop. You know the one, it was described in incredible detail in this daily newsletter. It was a very elaborate and memorable article which needs no reproduction here. Anyway, it appears that such clever and ironic deaths were not due to an isolated incident, as some very clever and ironic fates have befallen such cherished institutions as our local cheesecake eatery, fireworks factory, aquarium, and even amusement park! It is a morbid situation in this village of ours! As citizens in the know you need no reminder that we don't have a police department. It is a shame that the formation of such an establishment was voted down in favor of a tax funded daily and excellent publication. Anyway, the local church has complained about the crass nature in which the above mentioned clever and ironic deaths were recounted in this publication and have threatened to use their sway to shut us down. Unless we clean up our act that is! So I put it to you citizens, a personal appeal from the editor of your cherished publication. Catch the perpetrators of these violent acts so that my journalistic integrity does not force me to report on them!

P.S. Sorry this publication is so late.

Living Players(4/12):

1. Zorblag
2. VP Baltar
3. hitogoroshi,
PorkchopExpress

4. Vi

The Dead(8/12):

1. charlatan -
Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1

2. Amished -
Vanilla Townie - Mafiaed Night 1

3. xRECKONERx,
Scien
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 2

4. Ojanen -
Mason
- Mafiaed Night 2

5. SerialClergyman -
Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3

6. Sando -
Mason
- Disassembled Night 3

7. Albert B. Rampage -
Mason
- Dead on delivery Night 4

8. Debonair Danny DiPietro -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 5

Endgamed:

Zorblag -
Mafia Goon
- Ultimate victor

VP Baltar -
Vanilla Townie

hitogoroshi -
Vanilla Townie

Vi -
Mafia Goon
- Ultimate victor
Last edited by Head_Honcho on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Game Rules (Indirectly stolen from Vel-Rahn Koon):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  1. This is an open game. All role basic PMs will be provided in thread.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  6. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  3. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    Votes will NOT be counted otherwise!

4. Please submit vote revocations as either
    UnVote: PlayerName
    or
    Unvote
    . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  6. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
    There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.

7. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  1. Blue
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  2. Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 4 days of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

The Golden Addendum:

I reserve the right to ignore these rules whenever it simplifies my SACRED DUTY.
Last edited by Head_Honcho on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Role PMs:

Townies(6):

You are a Vanilla Townie!

You see a gathering begin to take form outside. It appears that the other townsfolk have decided to take to the noose in order to sort out the recent happenings. It appears you'll have to subject yourself to them, as remaining inside would surely raise suspicions. It is a shame that we must speak before we hang.

You win when the mafia die. The game thread is located here; please confirm in thread.
Mafia Goons(3):

You are a Mafia Goon!

It is pretty hilarious that people keep dying in such clever and ironic ways. It's clear that this is the sort of work you were made for, and it would be a shame to let this gathering of townsfolk end your merry ways. It would probably be pretty funny to go out there and emulate them during the day, and then confer with your prankster cohorts JOHNNY GOON and ALEXANDER HAMILTON GOON over who next should have the honor of an elaborate death. Don't forget to submit a night action! Your quicktopic is here; you can only use it at night!

You win when you have established a majority in the town. The game thread is located here; please confirm in thread.
Masons(3):

You are a Mason!

So JOHNNY MASON and ALEXANDER HAMILTON MASON are pretty much your only friends. Whatever. You can trust them! they're your go to guys! Some lest trustworthy fellows have gathered around a noose outside so maybe you should PARTICIPATE geeeez. You get to confer with JOHNNY MASON and ALEXANDER HAMILTON MASON at night, and you have known them for so long that you are pretty well convinced they are on the level! It would be heartbreaking if they weren't and also would mean I made another grave error in role distribution. Your quicktopic is here; you can only use it at night!

You win when the mafia die. The game thread is located here; please confirm in thread.
Last edited by Head_Honcho on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Alright duders, PMs are going out, feel free to start once 10 have confirmed. I will try to get you votecounts at the top of every page. I hope you enjoy this as much as I hope I enjoy moderating this. Good luck.

Please confirm in the thread.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Amished »

/confirm

Thanks for modding :)
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Scien »

/Coniform
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/confirm
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Sando »

/confirm

I'll be VLA from roughly the 12th to the 14th while I fly back to Sydney.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

/confirm
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Zorblag »

I've sent a PM to Head_Honcho pointing out that this isn't quite the standard Friends and Enemies setup (there aren't enough Friends and Enemies in this one.) I'm now waiting to see how that's resolved.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Just a reminder, this is the correct setup:

* 3 Mafia
* 3 Masons
* 6 Townies
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 am

Post by charlatan »

/confirm.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Vi »

/cinform
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

/confirm
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Ojanen »

not sure if we're meant to confirm while waiting for the setup issue resolution but hi.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Amished »

Well, at least we're all here. I think we're gonna get it switched just because ABR doesn't like 2 person scumteams >_>

No, my name is not "Ed."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am

Or simply because that's not what we signed up for.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Thinking about it some my intuition is that balance wise the setup works better with 3 scum and 3 mason than two of each. I know that I recommend in the message that I sent that the roles be redistributed in the numbers the setup was intended for and that I wasn't taking Albert B. Rampage's views on scum team numbers into account. Like I said in my previous post, at this point I'm waiting to see how things resolve.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by charlatan »

For what it's worth, I'd prefer 3-person teams as well. I am not a pro balance expert guy, but it seems more reasonable all around.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Amished »

lol I know, I'm just teasing :P

No, my name is not "Ed."
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

That's terrible. I'm just gonna reroll and send out new PMs, the quicktopics I linked you to will not be used.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Alright guys, gonna have to ask you all to reconfirm. Sorry about the delay, I know you were itching to start, but everything should be in order now. Feel free to start posting game content after 10 have confirmed. (Also do not post in the quicktopics after 10 have confirmed)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Zorblag »

/confirm

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm equally confirmed. So, Zorblag, how is it that you promised the Head that you would be joining his game? I couldn't miss my chance to play with you again.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Zorblag »

It's his first time modding and he replaced into a newbie game for me one time when I needed it. I figured I'd return the favor and play in this one so I pre-inned a couple months ago.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Open Games”