Newbie 893 - Newbieland! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

RayFrost wrote:
Vote: Honest Abel

Avatar (mafia goon type) and username (honest person) don't match, so he's obv not honest, and scum are dishonest, making him scum.
Yeah, but if you look closely, it's Captain Kirk, who is obviously a defender of justice.

Riza, bandwagon much?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sensitive to a second vote (third vote = bandwagon, not any sooner)?

*speaks into combat radio* I think we've got scum here, requesting back up.
don't you feel silly now?
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

I don't know why the distinction between second and third vote should be so clear; Riza simply voted for me even though I had already been voted which makes me wonder the angle he/she was playing. He/she says it was a random vote but it struck me as the first attempt from an anxious newbie scum to start a bandwagon.

I feel as though pushing this topic will just result in a "Relax, it was just a random vote, like Riza said" but I suppose questioning it wouldn't hurt since it's the only noteworthy thing to come of the random voting so far.

So, Riza, why would you vote on someone who had already been voted for? I would think voting for someone who had yet gone unnoticed would help bring everyone into the discussion. Why did you choose to pool me and the other already-been-voteds into your random choice?
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Riza
Riza
Townie
Riza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Riza »

Haha, I'm sorry. From all the mafia games I've read, I always see people quickly jumping onto bandwagons so as a first vote, I thought I would.

And, yeah. Your avatar screams mafia scum. XD; I guess that's also what lead me to voting for you. Other than that, I'm just taking a random stab.
This is not a signature.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Well, if you want an explanation of the avatar and my username, it's just that I am a very sarcastic/ironic person. I had screencap'd a bunch of funny images from Star Trek as I watched it recently and found it as I was trying to think of what avatar to use, and I used it simply because it was relevant. It was either that or Spock as a mafia goon holding a tommy gun.

The username is something I've used for years (and was also the name I used for my music recording project for a while) and stems from several things: Abel as a character from Xenogears, Abel the biblical character (a character demanding sympathy), and Abraham Lincoln (read: Abe. L.) who is just a coolguy. The "honest" part comes from several things as well: one is a reference to the fact that I always keep promises; another is a reference to the fact that I am usually brutally honest; finally is a reference from
Othellol
, as Iago is referred to often as "Honest Iago," which is a very powerfully ironic label. I've often been described as having a silver tongue, so I figured comparing myself to one of the trickiest characters in Shakespeare would be fitting. On the other hand, it makes me look suspicious in a game of mafia, but I hope my (too?) detailed explanation will help you get past any suspicion based simply on my username/avatar.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Hah, "Othellol," read: OH-THELL-OH-EL.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

ThetaSigma wrote:
Vote: JarcLovesCinn

Because that username is completely tasteless.
But I do love my dog... : (. Could be concidered weird, but not tasteless imo :P.

Now about whats going on so far, I havn't figured out whats more suspicious ; Rizas quick second vote or Honest Ables desperate explinations and early (first post) roll call. Sure it was just explaining the origin of his name and all that but it kind of seems that he's already feeling some pressure? Maybe it's just me though....

I'll go ahead and
vote : Hetemens
out of random and hopefully get him to talk some more.
ThetaSigma
ThetaSigma
Townie
ThetaSigma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:15 am

Post by ThetaSigma »

*plays with a yo-yo*
The Definite Article
Hetemens
Hetemens
Townie
Hetemens
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Hetemens »

JarcLovesCinn wrote:
ThetaSigma wrote:

But I do love my dog... : (. Could be concidered weird, but not tasteless imo :P.
What kind of dog is it?
Now about whats going on so far, I havn't figured out whats more suspicious ; Rizas quick second vote or Honest Ables desperate explinations and early (first post) roll call. Sure it was just explaining the origin of his name and all that but it kind of seems that he's already feeling some pressure? Maybe it's just me though....
I find Honest Abel to be a bit more suspicious. Riza is new, so it would make sense for him to try and start a bandwagon, particularly when he's voting with the SE. Honest Abel shouldn't feel so much pressure on the first round, but it seems like he is.
I'll go ahead and
vote : Hetemens
out of random and hopefully get him to talk some more.
I'm grounded for a few days so I have limited computer use. I hardly post much in the first day phase, anyway.
Vaporeonage
Vaporeonage
Townie
Vaporeonage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Vaporeonage »

/confirm sorry Im late

Vote: Hetemens
out of random
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

unvote, vote: hetemens

bandwagon good.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I don't think Riza's second vote was scummy. I don't see a second vote as jumping on a real bandwagon.

RayFrost third vote on Hetemens was a bit suspicious. I think I'll keep my vote where it is.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Pommy Pom Pom Pome, I hope you aren't subscribing to the "third vote on somebody is scum" newsletter of fail.

Also, check MD.

Wagons r guud.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Then what's with this post?
RayFrost wrote:Sensitive to a second vote (third vote = bandwagon, not any sooner)?

*speaks into combat radio* I think we've got scum here, requesting back up.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

third vote = bandwagon,
not
third vote = scum

lerntooreed
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Pomegranate wrote:Then what's with this post?
RayFrost wrote:Sensitive to a second vote (third vote = bandwagon, not any sooner)?

*speaks into combat radio*
I think we've got scum here, requesting back up.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I was talking about honest abel.

For him being worried about a second vote.

How much confidence do you
really
think I have with that?
Riza
Riza
Townie
Riza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Riza »

Honest Abel wrote:Well, if you want an explanation of the avatar and my username, it's just that I am a very sarcastic/ironic person. I had screencap'd a bunch of funny images from Star Trek as I watched it recently and found it as I was trying to think of what avatar to use, and I used it simply because it was relevant. It was either that or Spock as a mafia goon holding a tommy gun.

The username is something I've used for years (and was also the name I used for my music recording project for a while) and stems from several things: Abel as a character from Xenogears, Abel the biblical character (a character demanding sympathy), and Abraham Lincoln (read: Abe. L.) who is just a coolguy. The "honest" part comes from several things as well: one is a reference to the fact that I always keep promises; another is a reference to the fact that I am usually brutally honest; finally is a reference from
Othellol
, as Iago is referred to often as "Honest Iago," which is a very powerfully ironic label. I've often been described as having a silver tongue, so I figured comparing myself to one of the trickiest characters in Shakespeare would be fitting. On the other hand, it makes me look suspicious in a game of mafia, but I hope my (too?) detailed explanation will help you get past any suspicion based simply on my username/avatar.
I already thought about the fact that your avatar/username would probably have really nothing to do with whether you're scum or not, so I wasn't really expecting such a long explanation. But your quick defense in being voted for twice is a bit suspicious. It almost seems like you're pretty desperate.
I'll keep my vote.
This is not a signature.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Hetemens wrote:
JarcLovesCinn wrote:
ThetaSigma wrote:

What kind of dog is it?
She was a boxer / german shepard mix, imo the most awesome and calmest dog ever, I hate overexcited dogs, which is usually proof of a bad owner. She passed away 1 year ago.

Anywho, I wasn't excpecting this many people to jump on the Hetemens bandwaggon, I almost feel bad for the poor grounded guy :P.

I'll actually go ahead and
unnvote : Hetemens
since he hasn't proven as suspicious as other people, and before I cast another vote I'll start by saying that I'm putting a FoS on Honest Able. Not ready to cast a vote on him yet, but I'm expecting a (preferably) short explination on why Honest is being so nervous o_O.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

D1 Vote Count #2RayFrost (1): Pomegranate
Pomegranate (1): Honest Abel
Honest Abel (1): Riza
Chauchaudotcom (2): Hetemens, RayFrost
JarcLovesCinn (1): ThetaSigma
Hetemens (1): Vaporeonage

Not Voting (2): JarcLovesCinn, chauchaudotcom

Deadline: January 29, 2010 at 2:00PM EST
green shirt thursdays
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

He's at L-1, which means lynch-1, or 1 more vote to lynch. Someone should unvote, since we're only on page 2, and we're definitely not ready for a lynch.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Wait, there was an unvote during my post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Hetemens
Hetemens
Townie
Hetemens
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Hetemens »

JarcLovesCinn wrote:
Hetemens wrote:
JarcLovesCinn wrote:
ThetaSigma wrote:

What kind of dog is it?
She was a boxer / german shepard mix, imo the most awesome and calmest dog ever, I hate overexcited dogs, which is usually proof of a bad owner. She passed away 1 year ago.
Fair enough. I'm glad you didn't say chihuahua.

FoS: Vaporeonage

Late confirmation is bad, plus I want to hear what he gas to say for himself. Why did it take you do long just to confirm?[/b]
Hetemens
Hetemens
Townie
Hetemens
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Hetemens »

Sorry, that would be has, not gas.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Riza wrote:I already thought about the fact that your avatar/username would probably have really nothing to do with whether you're scum or not, so I wasn't really expecting such a long explanation. But your quick defense in being voted for twice is a bit suspicious. It almost seems like you're pretty desperate.
I think you (and maybe others) misinterpreted my openness and willingness to chat as a defensive action. I'll probably try to explain less in the future, not because I'm trying to make you happy and buddy up, but because focusing on me just means we'll have a harder time tracking scum. In fact, the big posts all about me and my username were kind of crappy and I apologize for my narcissism.

What is the reasoning behind the tactic of triple-voting Hetemens (even though the votes have been undone now)? Did he do something particularly scummy, or was RayFrost simply trying to prove his point about bandwagoning?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”