Newbie 897 ~ Mafia Marching Band (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Newbie 897 ~ Mafia Marching Band (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Vi »

An army of ninety-one people stood at attention, their eyes raised ten degrees above parallel as they unflinchingly stared into the crowds. In silent reverence to their capable leader, they dared not risk their reputation by flinching. This was their calling. This was their passion. This was their life. When the time came, the audience roared to life as the group broke from its block formation and projected a wall of harmonious sound toward the patrons of the arts.

And then there were nine trumpet players who didn't bother to memorize their music. This in itself was an atrocity. Then at the end of the show, two of them held what they thought was the last note for an extra five seconds beyond the release. THAT... was grounds for execution.

At the tribunal in the director's office, nobody was able to hide their guilt... about memorizing their music. Each of the offenders were sentenced to a week of cleanup duty without pay. Elated that they only got that much of a sentence, the trumpeteers left the room... and were promptly jumped and thrown into a cell by a bloodthirsty trombone terrorist faction.

Justice will be served. Who are the loyal but misguided members of the band? Who are the ones that only seek to live through this and drink their livers out before the next game too?

This is... Marching Band Martial Law.

Important Links:

-----------
----------------

Con Vivo
:
(bold -> confirmed)
6) McGriddle (SE) - Mafia Goon - Survived Day 4!

Tacet
in Future Movements:

2) Flareonage - Townie Doctor - Lynched Day 1...
3) Lacey - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1.
4) Marco91 - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2.
7) Slaxx - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2.

8) pwnman
replacing werdna0418 D2
replacing Trainedmonkey pregame
- Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched Day 3!!!

9) Yankee (IC) - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 3.
5) mavsfan41 - Townie Cop - Lynched Day 4...
1) RayFrost (SE)
replacing AGar N3
replacing Datadanne D2
- Vanilla Townie - Endgamed Day 4.
Last edited by Vi on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when I send out Role PMs and when everyone confirms by posting "/confirm" (or something like it) in this topic.
Mafia Pregame Talk:
The Mafia are allowed to speak to each other via their QuickTopic during pregame. I will tell them when they can no longer post in their QuickTopic (when Day begins).
Pregame is for Confirming.
Any votes, etc. made during pregame
do not count
. Please do not clutter the topic with off-topic posts before the game starts.
Can we start yet?
When at least eight of the players have confirmed, I will move the game to Day.

--Day:
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Town wants to find and lynch the Mafia (see below). The Mafia wants to avoid getting lynched.
What is voting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Vote: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold. I allow abbreviations or (minor) misspellings, though I will make fun of you for the latter.
What is unvoting?
You can also unvote players, like:
Unvote: PLAYERNAME
. If you want to change votes, you MUST unvote first and THEN vote the person you want.
Do we have to lynch?
You are allowed to vote to No Lynch (
Vote: No Lynch
). This requires a majority vote to take effect, just like an actual lynch would.
Can the Mafia talk to each other?
Mafia MAY NOT speak to each other during the Day.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
If you do not post for three RL days during the Day, you will be prodded via PM to come and post something. If you do not do so within two days, I will replace you - taking you out of this game. In addition, if you are prodded three times, I will forcibly replace you. If you know you are going to be on vacation or away from a computer for a while, please let me know and I will see if arrangements can be made.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines:
Each Day has an automatic deadline of three weeks from the time it begins. Extensions will not likely be made. However, if I get fed up with a low activity level I may move the deadline forward after at least 24 hours' warning.
When does the Day end?
The Day ends when either a true majority of the living players are voting for someone, or the deadline occurs. If a majority of the living players are voting for someone, that player will immediately be LYNCHED (killed, removed from the game) and Night will begin.
What happens at deadline?
If the deadline occurs before anyone reaches a majority vote, the game moves to Night and
No Lynch occurs
. Some mods lessen the requirements to lynch at deadline. I do not. A lynch will always require a full majority of the players' consent.

--Twilight:
What is it?
This is the period between when the hammer vote (the last vote placed that put someone at a majority) and when the mod shows up to move the game to Night. Do NOT speak during Twilight if you are the person getting lynched.

--Night:
What is it?
This is a period that lasts for three RL days. During this time, the topic will be locked - nobody can post or really do anything, unless they're told they can in their Role PM.
Can the Mafia talk?
The Mafia may post freely in their QuickTopic at Night.
Can the Town talk?
No, not in any way.
So what can I expect?
The Mafia may send in the name of someone they want to kill overnight. Any power roles (Cop, Doctor, M. Roleblocker) can also send in the names of someone they would like to target with their respective abilities. And aside from the Mafia being able to talk to each other, that's pretty much it.
When does it end?
Night will end as close as I can get it to three real-time days after it starts. If someone doesn't send in a Night Action, it doesn't get done.

--THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT DO:
Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, and at Night, the Mafia QuickTopic. That's it.
Okay, what about referencing other games in this topic?
You're okay if the game you're referencing is over. You may not explicitly reference an ongoing game. Note that the punishment for breaking this rule depends on the severity and malice of the infraction - in other words, don't try to intentionally bend this rule.
You use cool colors! Can I use them?
No. Impersonating the mod is both cheesy and fraudulent. I will use
gray
if/when I edit your posts. Do not use gray in your posts, or risk being modkilled.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill. Plus all the Role PMs are in the next post, so...
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No. Once you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk. They don't even say "bah". You can watch from the sidelines, but that's as far as your activity in this topic gets.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. If a modkill occurs during the Day, I will decide whether the Day should continue.
Okay, so I won't do any of that. But if I fake it...
Same punishment, lesser crime.
You're not letting me get away with stuff!
I'm actually pretty lenient. I believe in people being clever, but as a general rule I will not allow things that cannot be easily seen from the public record. Invisible text is not allowed at all. Small text is intended for things that don't relate to the game. I reserve the right to ruin your day. (Tip: If you have a question about the legality of what you're doing, ask!)

--Other:
This is a game.
Play to win, but remember that everyone else is playing to win too. Keep it classy and don't flame people.
I need help! Where do I go?
General gameplay questions can be answered by SEs or ICs inthread. I'm open to PMs, but if it's just a "how do I play this game" question, please ask one of the other players. I do occasionally make mistakes; if you believe I've done something that is too sensitive to talk about in-thread, please PM me. If it's something like a vote count error, you can say so in-thread - nicely, please.
This setup was determined randomly.
Do not try to outguess me or the setup. If your guesses are accurate, it will only be by chance. There is nothing to gain from reading my flavor except entertainment.
Did I forget anything?
I may have to add to or change these rules during the game. I will tell you if I do so.
Etc.
Etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Vi »

The Setup:

This game's setup will be one of these F11s:

***1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
***1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
***2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Townies
***2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

And these are all the Role PMs. Anything between braces may or may not be in the Role PM.
Mafia Roleblocker PM wrote:
~NAME~

Welcome to Newbie 897. You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partner is ______, a Mafia Goon. Your goal is to get everyone else to lynch... well, anyone except you and/or your partner.

You may talk to your partner during pregame or at Night in (url)this QuickTopic(/url).
At Night, you or your partner may send the Mod the name of someone you would like to kill; and as long as you are alive, the name of someone you would like to Roleblock for the Night (preventing whatever Night ability they may have from taking effect).
Who sends the actions has no relevance to this game, and I will allow you to Roleblock and kill at the same time. Your partner may send in your Roleblock on your behalf.

You win if your Mafia comprises half of the living players, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm in-thread. I wish you the best of luck.
Mafia Goon PM wrote:
~NAME~

Mafia Goon
. Your partner is ______, a {Mafia Goon}{Mafia Roleblocker}. Your goal is to get everyone else to lynch... well, anyone except you and/or your partner.

You may talk to your partner during pregame OR at Night in (url)this QuickTopic(/url).
At Night, you or your partner may send the Mod the name of someone you would like to kill{; and as long as your partner is alive, the name of someone you would like to Roleblock for the Night (preventing whatever Night ability they may have from taking effect).
Who sends the actions has no relevance to this game, and I will allow your partner to Roleblock and kill on the same Night if you die. You may also send the Roleblock in on your partner's behalf}.

You win if your Mafia comprises half of the living players, or nothing can prevent the same.

Cop PM wrote:
~NAME~

Welcome to Newbie 897. You are the
Townie Cop
. Your goal is to find and lynch the Mafia lurking among the players.

At Night, you may send the mod the name of someone you'd like to investigate. If you live through the Night, I will tell you if that player is Mafia-aligned or Town-aligned. You may not investigate yourself. Your investigation is guaranteed to be accurate, though if you are roleblocked you will receive No Result.

You win if all of the Mafia are dead.

Doctor PM wrote:
~NAME~

Welcome to Newbie 897. You are the
Townie Doctor

At Night, you may send the mod the name of someone you'd like to protect. If that player is targeted by a kill that night, the kill will fail. Your protection is guaranteed to work provided you are not Roleblocked. You may not target yourself.

You win if all of the Mafia are dead.

Townie PM wrote:
~NAME~

Vanilla Townie

You do not have a Night Action. But that's okay, since you have all Day to make yourself useful.

You win when all of the Mafia are dead.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Vi »

I'm sending Role PMs out. When they are all out, I will open the thread and you may confirm by posting "/confirm" here.
The game will begin when eight out of the nine players have confirmed.

---

All Role PMs have been sent. Please confirm.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Datadanne »

/Confirm
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 am

Post by McGriddle »

/Confirm
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Lacey »

/Confirm
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Vi »

werdna0418 replaces Trainedmonkey due to Newbie queue regulations.
werdna0418
werdna0418
Townie
werdna0418
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 am

Post by werdna0418 »

I am here confirming replacement
werdna0418
werdna0418
Townie
werdna0418
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:35 am

Post by werdna0418 »

/confirm
Marco91
Marco91
Townie
Marco91
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Marco91 »

/confirm
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Yankee »

/confirm
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Flareonage »

/confirm

No rayfrost? Lol
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

/confirm. sorry. was at university all day today.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Lacey »

Slaxx wrote:/confirm. sorry. was at university all day today.
Hi Slaxx! Good to see you again, *hugs*!!!

Hello everyone, so nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing you all in game! :D

-Lacey
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Vi »

Eight players have confirmed... so--

Vote Count:

Not Voting:
Datadanne, Flareonage, Lacey, Marco91, mavsfan41, McGriddle, Slaxx, werdna0418, Yankee
[size=0]Data 0 | Flareon 0 | Lacey 0 | Marco 0 | mavs 0 | McG 0 | Slaxx 0 | werdna 0 | Yankee 0[/size]
-It is now Day 1!

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is Tuesday, February 2 2010.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Time for RVS

VOTE: Datadanne

Because his name is before mine on the list
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Slaxx »

vote
Lacey
because she pwned me last game. and I'm taking botany right now and the last thing I need to see is a flower. *hugs back*
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Lacey »

Vote werdna0418
for being the first to confirm without an Avatar.

Since Random votes don't help any of us much, we need to start talking guys. Let's discuss scum hunting 101. Everyone should post something useful. Use the wiki if you don't know anything.

This will give us two direct benefits, posts to analyze for scum tells, or scummy folks not helping us identify scum with bad advice, and it will help us all learn the game! Everybody wins (except scum!).

Tip #1 (From Mastin's Insane Tells): Buddying is anti-town. If someone starts to buddy up with you, they are likely scum trying to create tunnel vision in you ("They can't be scum, they're my buddy!") and false scum connections to you should the town lynch them ("Hey, those two always agreed and voted together, they must be scum buddies!").

If someone starts to buddy let them for a bit, then call a lynch on them.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Lacey »

Slaxx wrote:vote
Lacey
because she pwned me last game. and I'm taking botany right now and the last thing I need to see is a flower. *hugs back*
Awww :( I actually loved botany myself. One of my most recent jobs was actually with a botany company :)
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:20 am

Post by McGriddle »

Slaxx wrote:/confirm. sorry. was at university all day today.
RV Slaxx
I don't have a witty RV comment on you lol. :D

How about some questions anyone?
werdna0418
werdna0418
Townie
werdna0418
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 am

Post by werdna0418 »

I /boldVOTE MCGRIDDLE (i think thats how you bold if not can someone help please) becasue i went to mcdonalds the other dar ordered a mcgriddle and got an mcmuffin and im still bitter about it
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 am

Post by McGriddle »

werdna0418 wrote:I /boldVOTE MCGRIDDLE (i think thats how you bold if not can someone help please) becasue i went to mcdonalds the other dar ordered a mcgriddle and got an mcmuffin and im still bitter about it

Hahaha made my day :D

you bold by hitting the box with a
B
in it, it will do the work, hit it once before the statement, and once more afterwords.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Datadanne »

Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
werdna0418
werdna0418
Townie
werdna0418
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 am

Post by werdna0418 »

I
VOTE MCGRIDDLE
(i think thats how you bold if not can someone help please) becasue i went to mcdonalds the other dar ordered a mcgriddle and got an mcmuffin and im still bitter about it[/b]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”