Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Vi »

Darkness, the shadow of the light.

Fifteen feet beneath a mountainside hotel, a complex of twisted corridors sprawls toward hidden recesses and gloomy caverns.
There is no luminescence here - the emanations felt are of heat. Heat, and fear of the abject darkness.

These halls eventually merge into a central hall, originally built to accomodate savage initiation rituals with an audience of cultists that could not see their new comrades transform, but lapped up every wail and shriek. Today, the hall serves a new purpose...

A pale aura - decidedly not darkness, but the milky column certainly wasn't light proper - emanates from the center of the room, illuminating nothing but visible from any point in the room.
Ominously pulsing somewhat, the vapor seems to take on a life force of its own as a low chanting ceases to reverberate through the room.

This energy - Luxomen - is the forbidden power. Capable of filling the emptiness of the dark and capable of corrupting the energy of the light, from the perspective of the soul it destroys from the inside out. This pillar is composed of the concentrated force - those skilled enough to wield its might personally projected a color onto their energy waves.

Among those gathered, there is no need for an explanation. It is already known that assassins from above had infiltrated this complex. Their goal... to force the Luxomen to destroy itself.
And to do that, they needed to destroy those who controlled it...

Important Links:

--------
----------

Those Shrouded In Obscurity:
(bold -> confirmed)
1) Nachomamma8
replacing Nikanor I1
replacing Nachomamma8 I1
replacing BloodCovenent I1
-
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!

2) Jahudo -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

6) Porkens -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

10) SpyreX -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

11) VP Baltar -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

12) Gammagooey
replacing zoraster I1
-
Tarhalindur, Garo Master over Mafia
(Dark)
- Survived I2!!!

Those Shrouded In Discorporation:

-1. CryMeARiver - Self-Aligned Object of Derision -
Modkilled and Autolossed
I1.

7) Rhinox -
Light Assassin
- Purged I1!!!

8) SerialClergyman -
Dark Eminence
- Purged I1.

9) Sotty7 -
Dark Eminence
- Purged I1...

4) Herodotus
replacing Juls I1
-
Dark Eminence
- Killed I1...

5) Mighty Orbots (Papa Zito+Zorblag) -
Light Assassin
- Killed I1!!!
3) Jazzmyn -
Light Assassin
- Purged I2!!!
Last edited by Vi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when I send out Role PMs and when everyone confirms by posting "/confirm" (or something like it) in this topic.
Pregame is for Confirming.
Any votes, etc. made during pregame
do not count
. Please do not clutter the topic with off-topic posts before the game starts.
Can we start yet?
When at least ten of the players have confirmed, I will move the game to the first Incantation.

--Incantation (Day):
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Dark (Town) wants to find and Incant (vote) the Light (Mafia) (see below). The Light wants to avoid getting so many Incants that they are Purged (lynched).
What is Incanting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Incant: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold. You can say
Vote: PLAYERNAME
if you're not feeling creative; however, you may be openly mocked for doing so.
What is a Purge?
When a player has enough Incants that they meet the Purge threshold, they are Purged (removed from the game). If the threshold drops to the number of Incants a player currently has, they are immediately purged. This can be used to Purge multiple people at once.
What is unvoting?
I'm not sure either. You can't Unvote in this game. If you try to Unvote, your vote will move to No Purge.
Do we have to Purge?
You are allowed to vote to No Purge (
Vote: No Purge
). This requires a majority vote to take effect, just like an actual Purge would. However, No Purge does not take effect until the Purge threshold drops to 0. If No Purge has enough votes to meet the Purge threshold, the threshold will go down by 1 each day to speed things up.
Can the Mafia talk to each other?
Yes, at all times.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods will only be done by request in this game, and only on players that have been absent for 48 hours. Players that do not respond in-thread within 48 hours will have their player slot open to replacement. If you know you are going to be on vacation or away from a computer for a while, please let me know and I will see if arrangements can be made. This is not a "friendly" game toward replacements, so honor your commitment to play if you come in.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines and the Purge threshold:
There is no deadline per se. However, at the beginning of each Incantation the Purge threshold starts at the number of living players; i.e. it will take every living player Incanting the same person to Purge someone. Every three real-time days, that threshold decreases by one player. The Incantation ends when someone reaches the Purge threshold or the Purge threshold drops to zero (No Purge).
Role-based Abilities:
You may send in an ability (as specified by your Role PM) at any time during each Incantation. All actions resolve as soon as possible unless otherwise stated (see next rule). You may change any submission that has not yet resolved.
Morning:
Actions sent during the first 48 hours of each Purge will resolve simultaneously at the end of that 48-hour period according to natural action resolution. This is to prevent the sorts of fiascos that go along with stalking the mod and sending PMs as soon as the Day begins.
Role Overlap Policy:
If there is ever an issue with getting actions to resolve cleanly (i.e. mutual Roleblocks), priority is given to the first action submitted.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
This is a modified Deep South setup. After someone is committed to being Purged, there will be a 24-hour period for all outstanding actions to be submitted before the game moves on to the next Incantation. If an action is not submitted, it doesn't go through.

--Other:
Word of Mod:
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass.
Advice to Live By:
Don't do anything that would cause me to blacklist you or otherwise cause me to RAGE. You should know what you're not allowed to do. Don't do it.
"Bah!" posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Go away and don't come back until the endgame. You are allowed one informationless "bah" post provided you only use the letter 'H', then any number of 'a's you wish, then a single 'y'. No tags, no spaces, lowercase 'a's please. It's quite a
fabulous
way to go out.
Did I forget anything?
I may have to add to or change these rules during the game. I will tell you if I do so.
Etc.
Etc.

--Hawt New Game Mechanic Rules:
Theme Game Disclaimer:
This game is not obligated to make sense until it's over. I may include Jesters, Lynchers, Cults that can kill, Cops, Watchers, unlabeled Self-Protecting Doctors, Bus Drivers, multiple Serial Killers, Mafia Recruiters, ex-Traitor Vigilantes turned backup Roleblockers, Vanilla Townies, and other such evil roles in this game -
and you will like it
Semi-Open(?) Modular Setup:
All of the possible Win Conditions and abilities are in the next post. You are guaranteed that no abilities or Win Conditions outside those listed will appear in this game.
Modular Reveal:
All of a player's abilities will be revealed upon death, with names redacted.
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Vi »

Win Conditions:

The following Win Conditions can be in this game:

(Dark - Town) You win when all other factions have left the game and one person who shares this Win Condition is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Light - Mafia) You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Lyncher) You win when _______ and _______ have left the game and you are alive; at least one of them must die by a Purge you are on. If any of your targets are endgamed or your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Moychandiser) You win when everyone alive has an item of SpaceballsTM-themed moychandise, even if you are dead. However, if your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Reporter) You win if you are alive when #### unique abilities have been confirmed to exist in the game - either by using them yourself, receiving them as investigation results (via Third Eye, for instance) or by public moderator confirmation (Doublevote, Condemn, Prominence, Luxomancy, Dissolution, Vindictive Being, Liquid Being, Inverse Lyncher Penalty) - at which time you will leave the game. However, if your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Researcher) You win if there is No Purge at any time before your removal from the game would cause a factional Win Condition to be fulfilled. If you fulfill your Win Condition, you will immediately leave the game.

(Devourer - SK) You win when all other factions have left the game and you are alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Survivor) You win when your removal from the game would cause a factional Win Condition to be fulfilled, at which time you will leave the game.

Abilities:

All of the possible abilities in the game are listed below.
Each ability will be preceded by "Once during the game" or "Once during each Incantation".
You may not use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.

(A)
Doublevote.
You may place an extra vote against someone. You may not move it once placed, and it will disappear at the end of this Incantation.

(A)
Foresight.
You may choose a player to examine their heart of hearts and determine their motive (Win Condition). This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Sixth Sense.
You may choose another player to learn who (if anyone) they target during the Incantation. This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Third Eye.
You may choose a player to examine their mind and learn what (A) abilities they have. This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Protect.
You may choose a player to protect them from a single killing ability during this Incantation.

(A)
Seal.
You may choose another player to block any abilities that target them. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Reflect.
You may choose another player to have them redirect any abilities (except killing abilities) that target them to their origin during this Incantation. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Redirect.
You may choose two players. All actions that target the first player during this Incantation will be redirected to the second player. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Halt.
You may choose another player to block any abilities that they use. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Condemn.
You may choose a player to cause them to immediately die. This ability can only be stopped by abilities that have already been used during this Incantation. Use of this ability will prevent every other player with your Win Condition from using any other killing abilities during this Incantation.

(A)
Prominence.
You may choose an additional player to be killed by the Purge at the end of the Incantation, regardless of whether how many votes they have. This ability fails if there is No Purge.

(A)
Gepenst.
You may choose a player to be killed at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Light Arrow.
You may choose a player to be killed at the end of the Incantation. This bypasses roleblocks and protection. Use of this ability will prevent every other player with your Win Condition from using any other killing abilities during this Incantation.

(A)
Luxomancy.
You may choose a player to stop any Purge against them during that Incantation.

(A)
Echoing Voice.
You may post a message in place of the moderator, as long as it is 100 words long (or less) and does not identify you personally.

(A)
Summon.
Prior to each Incantation, you will receive three potential abilities from the mod. You may give a maximum of one of these abilities away to either _____ or _____ during the first 48 hours of the Incantation.

(A)
Telepathy.
You may choose a player with whom you would like to open private communication following this Incantation. Each time you do so, you will gain (P) Telepathic Bond.

(A)
Dissolution.
You may post
Dissolve: Self
to remove yourself from the game, but retain the ability to post inthread.

(A)
Marketing.
You may force someone to wear a piece of SpaceballsTM themed moychandise from the list below. Depending on what you give out, your target may gain an additional ability. Your target will be informed that they have been pressed into receiving the item, they cannot get rid of it, and upon death any item they may have had will be included in their flip.
List of Moychandise goes here

(P)
Liquid Being.
You are immune to being Purged.

(P)
Transparent Being.
You are immune to being killed by Aureola.

(P)
Reflective Being.
You will reflexively reflect all abilities (except killing abilities) used on you during an Incantation back to their origin.

(P)
Vindictive Being.
Should you die, you will kill whoever is most directly responsible for your death.

(P)
Inverse Lyncher Penalty.
You will die if both ________ and ________ die.

(P)
Antihero.
Upon investigation you will appear to be one of the Dark Eminences.

(P)
Telepathic Bond.
You may speak with ______ at any time in this QuickTopic.

(P)
Destiny Bond.
Pregame or immediately upon receipt of this ability, you may choose players to fit any ______s in your abilities. You may not choose yourself.

(P)
Multitasker.
You may use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.

(P)
Moychendising.
You have in your possession a copy of Spaceballs: The _____.
Associated abilities, which may not necessarily appear elsewhere on this list, go here where applicable

(F)
Still, Small Voice.
You may speak with each member of your faction (____, _____, _____, and _____) privately at any time in this QuickTopic.

(F)
Aureola.
One player in your faction who is not using an (A) ability during this Incantation may kill someone at the end of this phase.

(F)
_____'s Falseclaim!
Once during the game you may send the moderator a flavor name and a list of abilities. A false Role PM that nearly approximates these specifications to you will be returned to you at the moderator's earliest convenience.

(F)
_____'s Safeclaim!
You know that all Town players in this game are Dark Eminences. Alternatively, you may try claiming _______.

Sample Role PM:

~NAME~

Welcome to Mafia Reverberation. You are a
Dark Eminence
. These are your abilities.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all other factions have left the game and one person who shares this Win Condition is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm in-thread. I wish you the best of luck.
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Vi »

Oh, last-minute changes~

I need to leave for a while, so Role PMs will go out later today. When I have sent them all out, I will unlock the thread.

---

All roles have been sent out. Please confirm in-thread.

If you have any questions about your Role PM, please PM me.

Rhinox has announced V/LA for the next few days, so for the time being I will count him as confirmed. The game will begin when nine other people have confirmed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Oookay, so post edition seems like it's fritzing. (Musical accompaniment by Rage Against the Machine.)

All roles have been sent out. Please confirm in-thread.

If you have any questions about your Role PM, please PM me.

Rhinox has announced V/LA for the next few days, so for the time being I will count him as confirmed. The game will begin when nine other people have confirmed.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

/something like it
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by zoraster »

/confirm. I'm excited to play in this game. I respect a lot of players in it. Please don't hurt me.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Juls »

/confirm
-------------------------------------
Juls
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Jahudo »

/confirm
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hello everybody. Confirmed.
I'm old now.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

/ohhai
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

/confirm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

/confirm

is this a theme game?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

/confirmation. This is my last game of the season. I hope it is fun.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

/confirming with a vengeance.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Vi »

The quiet, monotone whispering in the foyer ceased. For a brief moment, there was absolute stillness. Then, a harpy's shriek rended the silence as the pillar in the center of the room apparated. It undulated slightly, seemingly... pleased that it had been called up to judge those who worshipped it.

Twelve elders took their position on Luxomen conduits placed in a circle all around the pillar. The time had come.

----

Incantation:

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent, Jahudo, Jazzmyn, Juls, Mighty Orbots, Porkens, Rhinox, SerialClergyman, Sotty7, SpyreX, VP Baltar, zoraster

-The first Incantation has begun!

-I missed a few things in my final review >.> Check your abilities against the master list; I (slightly) changed one or two.

-When you first Incant someone, please choose a color for your representation on the vote count. This is only for flavor.

--At Intensity μ, it will take 12 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, January 27, 2010...
---If there is an alternative name you would like to be called on the vote count, please say so. Don't get too crazy with it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So the first thing that came to my mind is that we are going to have to be somewhat careful about not leaving people at L-# unless we are sure we want a purging to take place. There is a mild potential for lurking to take place and an "accidental" purging to happen. Furthermore, we cannot simply unvote because that is a No Purge.

tl,dr

Pay attention to where your vote is and P-2 is the new P-1.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hi, hi.

I'm here. Need to read the rules and such, been busy this weekend. Been looking forward to this game for ages.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Jahudo »

It looks like we have close to three weeks before 7 incants is a purge. An accidental incantation is something to think about, but not much more than regular games.

Incant: VP Baltar

Are you against RVS here? y?

Can Jahudo have green flavor?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Vi »

A low growl could be heard from one of the conduits... From that direction, a piercing green beam shot toward one of the other platforms.
Now vaguely lit by the Luxom glow, the figure inside the targeted pod seemed to cast a watchful gaze around the hall.

Incantation:

:arrow: VP Baltar (P-11) ~
Jahudo

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn, Juls, Mighty Orbots, Porkens, Rhinox, SerialClergyman, Sotty7, SpyreX, VP Baltar, zoraster

--At Intensity μ, it will take 12 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, January 27, 2010...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:It looks like we have close to three weeks before 7 incants is a purge. An accidental incantation is something to think about, but not much more than regular games.

Incant: VP Baltar

Are you against RVS here? y?

Can Jahudo have green flavor?
Well that's just plain wrong:
Der Rulez wrote:8. Deadlines and the Purge threshold: There is no deadline per se. However, at the beginning of each Incantation the Purge threshold starts at the number of living players; i.e. it will take every living player Incanting the same person to Purge someone.
Every three real-time days, that threshold decreases by one player.
The Incantation ends when someone reaches the Purge threshold or the Purge threshold drops to zero (No Purge).
We'd have just over two weeks before it's 7 players to purge.

And I'm not really against the RVS, just wanted to get that thought out there.

Incant: Spyrex

Poopy brown for me, please.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Incant: Juls

Purple for me

Basically there is no excuse for lurking in this game. Not that there should be lurking in any game, but there you go.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Incant: zoraster

I would like blue, please.

Regards,
Jazz
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Juls »

Incant: Rhinox
with love.

Olive for me please

Sotty, are you implying I am lurking or just making a general comment?
-------------------------------------
Juls
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:21 am