Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And, no, being a doublevoter doesn't make me automatic town.

However, regardless of alignment there's no way I could hide that. Its too much fun.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

No I am saying I saw you deflect from the Spy wagon for no good reason. Why?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

SpyreX wrote::O

So... I'm not only scum, but I'm scum WITH SC?

I am a powerful wizard. My transparency is just an invisibility spell, nothing more.
I'm not sold on you scum atm. Serial could be buddying I suppose.

There seemed to be some serious attention on Spy and Serial was eager to push away for what appears to be no reason.

Even when I flat out ask him why, he ignores the question.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Not to dance on the upcoming wall of fighting but....

what attention on me?

If anything this game has been fairly blaze. Thats why I had to pull out the necronomicon, afterall.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Well there was attention on you. Considering we're only on page 5 it wasn't super mega attention for course, but you were the leading wagon and had some people questioning your motives for things that weren't RVS related.

I'd consider that attention.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I guess?

Anywho, I'd be reminisce if I don't find it a little humorous / odd that the entirety of your wagon has some bad mojo vibes to you now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

reminisce?

God what's wrong with my brain.

I'm old. OLLDDDD.

F---
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Porkens Post 48 wrote:I'd hope it wouldn't, actually. You are playing along pretty easily though. MAybe you want to hide your fear at it working or know some reason why it wouldn't.

fess up.

incant
SpyreX
This is pretty obviously a serious vote and puts Spy at the head of the vote count with two RVS votes on him.
Vi Post 53 wrote:
Incantation:

:arrow:
SpyreX (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo
Porkens,
SpyreX

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

zoraster (P-11)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

Sotty7 (P-11)
~
zoraster

BloodCovenent (P-11)
~ Mighty Orbots

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Mighty Orbots,
Rhinox,
SerialClergyman, SpyreX

-All of my deadlines are effective at 2100 EST.

--At Intensity μ, it will take 12 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, January 27, 2010...
Right after this Serial pulls his lets purge Porkens trick, which is followed by a quick play onto me. My reasoning is that with the deadline mechanics such as they are, I don't see townSerial pushing so quickly away from a Spy wagon for no reason. He tries to redirect over to Porkens, who was voting Spy at the time, in a seemingly RVS mannor. Things were starting to get serious and he pulls this, I'd like to know why.

Add onto the fact he has since pulled his vote from Porkens despite hinting that he did actually have a reason and placing it on me even though he agreed with one of my conclusions.
SerialClergyman Post 99 wrote:And your asking 'why Porkens' wasn't essentially the same question as 'for what reason are you voting porkens'.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

SpyreX Post 105 wrote:I guess?

Anywho, I'd be reminisce if I don't find it a little humorous / odd that the entirety of your wagon has some bad mojo vibes to you now.
Eh, I'm calling it like I see it. It's early in the game, but I think I am onto something here.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Sorry Sotty, there was no agreeing from me. Allow a little context to fill you in:
Just to be clear - you're saying I'm scummy because I jumped off my Spyrex vote, which you'll recall was for his fail traps when dealing with zombie murderers, to then move on to actual scumhunting.

And your asking 'why Porkens' wasn't essentially the same question as 'for what reason are you voting porkens'.

Honestly guys, this case is making itself.
why = for what reason. They have the same meaning. This passage is summing up your position and then finding it utterly lacking.

Your position has improved somewhat with your latest content post, and it points out that porkens was voting Spyrex, so that's something, but still, you're suggesting that the two people voting you are scum together, and I have been doing crazy shenanigans to pull attention off spyrex who was
9 incants away
from getting purged. Which is patently ridiculous.

I didn't notice Spy was the leading wagon, I still couldn't tell you what for (can anyone?) my vote was never serious on him, he was miles away from any serious pressure and the idea of me (or anyone playing as scum) going to such lengths to protect a mate from zero pressure is ludicrous.

I'm going to give you an out. Will you admit now that your theory was a little bit reactionary, a little bit OMGUSy and in the cold light of day he probably wasn't under the sort of pressure you initially thought he was?
I'm old now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I don't need an out Serial. I was already looking at the relationship between you and Spy, hence my question. "Why Porkens out of everyone?" It hadn't gone unnoticed that you had unvoted the leading wagon at the time to place your vote on a player that had a serious vote on him.

I don't think it is crazy to think that in the early goings of game were the deadlines will be shortened as days progress, that you would want attention of a hypo buddy as soon as possible if in fact the two of you are scum together. If the Spy wagon had taken off, espically with the thought of multiple purges out there, it could have been hard to get attention off him later. So you jumped on the icky middle ground of "are we out of the RVS stage yet?" to slip off and push else where. I am not saying that this is a theory that is 100% nailed down, I am saying it makes a lot of sense to me right now.

I am more than willing to admit I could be way off base here, but it is telling that even now you can't (or won't) answer the question of why Porkens out of everyone. As well as dodging the question of what your actual motivations were surrounding your incant of Porkens in the first place. Seeing as we are beyond "lets purge him without telling him why LOLZ" stage.

One point I will concede is that Spy wasn't under a whole lot of pressure, it was just Porkens really pushing, I thought it was at least another player but Jahudo was just kinda questioning. But still, your motivations don't add up for me Serial.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

SerialClergyman Post 109 wrote:
I didn't notice Spy was the leading wagon
, I still couldn't tell you what for (can anyone?) my vote was never serious on him, he was miles away from any serious pressure and the idea of me (or anyone playing as scum) going to such lengths to protect a mate from zero pressure is ludicrous.
The bold also feels like crap to me seeing as you moved your vote just a few posts after a vote count.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

My gut says Porkens is town despite playing "newbcards" and being confident early on with Spyrex. I just think that's normal for him. He doesn't force either of those two things to work into his favor though, so that's why I say town right now.

I think Sotty was ok for asking what Serial was doing with his vote on Porkens, but he's using alot of speculation in his case that I have trouble seeing the same way. Neither one looks scummy ATM.
Sotty wrote:You said lets wagon Porkens for no reason
It looked to me like his reason was to pressure Porkens and see how he would react. That seems like a normal play to me.
SerialClergyman wrote:lets purge Porkens and not tell him why.
He might have had an additional reason but just kept it to himself, which also happens and doesn't raise red flags with me initially.
SerialClergyman wrote:Go along with it or don't, but asking the question again after twice being told the answer reeks of cautiousness to me.
@Serial: When did Sotty ask the question "again after twice being told the answer"? I only see him ask once, not "again".

I don't agree with the theory about Serial and Spy being buddies. 1/2 of the town hadn't, and hasn't commented on the Spyrex pressure or done much, if any, scumhunting. I'm looking at you, zoraster, rhinio, orbots, juls, jazz, and blood. Pretend I voted and unvoted each of you in succession and then went back to VP, who is worthy of a wagon. (for focusing on strategy talk and fluff posts instead of scumhunting)
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Oh hai SpyreX.
Mighty Orbots wrote:And why did you do it to Sotty7?
This was the point of the post really. Please to be answering question.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

To be fair, I -did- think about doing it to Rhinox or (as the great comedy option) Porkens as well.

Sotty was just a bit off - I don't mind questions, but those early posts weren't giving me those sweet home vibes. And, really, this Porkens-gate is a hoot and a half and I still can't figure out what Sotty is goin on about.

So, its not quitteeee "lol, reactions" but I've opted to chill a bit more this game than the last few where I've played like los garbageos.

So, a pinch of reactions, a dash of giggles and a spoonful of gut is all a POWERFUL WIZARD needs.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spy wrote:See, helping the reporter if one exists doesn't hurt me. Its dealing with those light side namby pambies that is the big one.

Basically, helping them EARLY works out a-ok because they win, tighten the scum pool, etc. Its gonna be if we wait until late when helping them with no scum left means a loss.
Well, we win without them winning and if you're going down the road of "reveal roles to get the reporter out of the game" then you're going to end up forcing many more claims to acheive that because we don't even know what a hypothetical reporter would need to exit the game.
Spyrex wrote:Of course, powerful wizards aren't worried about much.
'cept zombies.
Jahudo wrote:Doublevote? I like the timing actually, letting us know he has the power to quicklynch before he gets the opportunity to do it. Seems protown.
I can think of at least on very good reason that I personally see for him not to have done that just now, but I'm not sure enough on it yet to speak on it at the moment.
Jahudo wrote:VP, are you going somewhere with this? I see a few possibilities and want to see one of them is it.
See above reasoning about revealing roles for the reporter to win. I may have something else to add to this soon, but I need to think about that. Other than that, I don't have that much interest in it, but I could very likely be missing something you are seeing.
SC wrote:Honestly guys, this case is making itself. The only reason I'm still typing is because I'm trying to break this keyboard before the warranty is due. There should be no need for any further action except incanting Sotty.
I'm really not following your actual reasoning on this one. I think you misinterpreted what Sotty said, be it intentionally or not.

Of course, I think Sotty is reaching as well. So, meh.
Jahudo wrote: VP, who is worthy of a wagon. (for focusing on strategy talk and fluff posts instead of scumhunting)
Strategy talk in the first three pages of a semi-open game is scummy in your opinion? lol

Spy, don't you think it would have been better to place your double vote after you had a more solid read that just gut? I mean, for all intents and purposes that single vote makes Sotty much more lynchable than anyone else for the rest of this phase.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spy wrote:See, helping the reporter if one exists doesn't hurt me. Its dealing with those light side namby pambies that is the big one.

Basically, helping them EARLY works out a-ok because they win, tighten the scum pool, etc. Its gonna be if we wait until late when helping them with no scum left means a loss.
Well, we win without them winning and if you're going down the road of "reveal roles to get the reporter out of the game" then you're going to end up forcing many more claims to acheive that because we don't even know what a hypothetical reporter would need to exit the game.
Spyrex wrote:Of course, powerful wizards aren't worried about much.
'cept zombies.
Jahudo wrote:Doublevote? I like the timing actually, letting us know he has the power to quicklynch before he gets the opportunity to do it. Seems protown.
I can think of at least on very good reason that I personally see for him not to have done that just now, but I'm not sure enough on it yet to speak on it at the moment.
Jahudo wrote:VP, are you going somewhere with this? I see a few possibilities and want to see one of them is it.
See above reasoning about revealing roles for the reporter to win. I may have something else to add to this soon, but I need to think about that. Other than that, I don't have that much interest in it, but I could very likely be missing something you are seeing.
SC wrote:Honestly guys, this case is making itself. The only reason I'm still typing is because I'm trying to break this keyboard before the warranty is due. There should be no need for any further action except incanting Sotty.
I'm really not following your actual reasoning on this one. I think you misinterpreted what Sotty said, be it intentionally or not.

Of course, I think Sotty is reaching as well. So, meh.
Jahudo wrote: VP, who is worthy of a wagon. (for focusing on strategy talk and fluff posts instead of scumhunting)
Strategy talk in the first three pages of a semi-open game is scummy in your opinion? lol

Spy, don't you think it would have been better to place your double vote after you had a more solid read that just gut? I mean, for all intents and purposes that single vote makes Sotty much more lynchable than anyone else for the rest of this phase.
YOUR AD HERE

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

Less of a "Lets help the hypothetical reporter win!" and more of a "If they exist and we CAN help them win while doing the important stuff, no sweat off my back".

In general when there are third parties I can work WITH versus worrying about working against I prefer the former. (Although, realistically, with the number of players and the number of factions I wouldn't lose sleep over the possibility of a reporter - in fact, I think I'd prefer a reporter / town / scum setup over the others by a decent margin).
'cept zombies.
Beautiful, captivating zombies created from the loving hands of DGB that make one lose sight of everything else.... mmm....zombies.
More lynchable by one. I mean, my other vote can move around AND as we sit the Purge threshold is so high that, honestly, if that vote becomes a rationale for a wagon that means either a.) Sotty continues down the madness hole and needs to be lynched anyways or b.) we lollygagged SO MUCH that the threshold got that low which would make a POWERFUL WIZARD cry tears of blood.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spy wrote:Less of a "Lets help the hypothetical reporter win!" and more of a "If they exist and we CAN help them win while doing the important stuff, no sweat off my back".

In general when there are third parties I can work WITH versus worrying about working against I prefer the former. (Although, realistically, with the number of players and the number of factions I wouldn't lose sleep over the possibility of a reporter - in fact, I think I'd prefer a reporter / town / scum setup over the others by a decent margin).
Alright.
Spy wrote:More lynchable by one. I mean, my other vote can move around AND as we sit the Purge threshold is so high that, honestly, if that vote becomes a rationale for a wagon that means either a.) Sotty continues down the madness hole and needs to be lynched anyways or b.) we lollygagged SO MUCH that the threshold got that low which would make a POWERFUL WIZARD cry tears of blood.
But it's still there regardless. I don't think it's going to make amazingly more likely to be lynched, but facts are facts, right? I dunno, I just think it was a bit of an impetuous decision (though that doesn't necessarily say anything about alignment I guess).
YOUR AD HERE

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

You better not be scammin' me AGAIN this game I swear to god. Bein' all reasonable and stuff.

It was impetuous - like I said, gut, giggles and reactions.

Although, maybe this will help me be a helper with getting more people lynched.

See, thats what POWERFUL WIZARDS do. They are helpers.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Juls »

This has been an extremely busy week for me and I know I promised to post tonight. However, I will have to hold off until tomorrow because it's late and I have to work tomorrow. I will be able to catch up on all my games tomorrow.
-------------------------------------
Juls
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

VP, the case being weak or unconvincing I can handle (why do people talk about 'stretching' 5 pages into a game? Are they expecting QED?) but in what way do you think I've misinterpreted Sotty?
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SerialClergyman wrote:VP, the case being weak or unconvincing I can handle (why do people talk about 'stretching' 5 pages into a game? Are they expecting QED?) but in what way do you think I've misinterpreted Sotty?
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything fantastic at this point, but the "she's scum digging her own grave" act is a touch over the top for this early in the game.

As far as misinterpreted, I'm referring to her 'Why porkens out of everyone?' line, which I actually read as she is saying she meant it (ie why porkens instead of others). You're taking it as her defending porkens, but that's a pretty over the top interpretation of it in my mind. Why not just read it as her trying to find out your thought process?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-7)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SpyreX (P-10)
~
Porkens

Porkens (P-10)
~
VP Baltar

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo

zoraster (P-10)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-10)
~
Juls

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~ Mighty Orbots
Jazzmyn (P-10)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-10)
~
Sotty7

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

-No Decision-
Rhinox

--At Intensity λ, it will take 11 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, January 30, 2010...
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Twas sick.
Jahudo Post 112 wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:lets purge Porkens and not tell him why.
He might have had an additional reason but just kept it to himself, which also happens and doesn't raise red flags with me initially.
Yeah I get that and I have no issue with that. But Serial has since moved his vote to me so there should be no issue in explaining why he was pushing Porkens. He still hasn't despite me asking him to.
SpyreX Post 117 wrote:More lynchable by one. I mean, my other vote can move around AND as we sit the Purge threshold is so high that, honestly, if that vote becomes a rationale for a wagon that means either a.) Sotty continues down the madness hole and needs to be lynched anyways or b.) we lollygagged SO MUCH that the threshold got that low which would make a POWERFUL WIZARD cry tears of blood.
What do you find mad about my vote on Serial? Also you double voted me for reactions, what do you think about those reactions?

Serial, why do you still refuse to address the why Porkens stuff? Your vote is on me now, you can explain that now surely.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”