Mini 915 - Murder in Murder Free Village (Over)

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

NS, that makes no sense at all.

Who is scummy then? And why are they not the "scummiest"?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote Nobody Special

I don't see why you can't participate with the rest of us, I'm calling scum. I'm not misrepresenting you either, I'm asking you to share your opinions, which you're going to extreme lengths not to do, even a tiny bit.

Kmd, please, if I think there's a question that needs answering or a point that needs addressing, I'm going to repeat it, don't give me this 'original point' nonsense. Especially if it was previously ignored.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Just looked like you were trying to take credit in a way. If it was me, I'd have said something like "NS, maybe you should answer this question you ignored" rather than simply restating the question.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Nobody Special wrote:I'd also like to hear more from My Milked Eek. Generally.
I forgot:

Hypocrite.

I'm not liking Deej' attack on Dana (#052) after Dana did some rolefishing. It feels like scum having found someone to attack and going for it.
Eek
!
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Darkstrike: I don't like how he said that he wanted to see DJC claim, even though he admitted that he has nothing to stand on.

@Haschel: Someone's age has no relation to how they play mafia. The way he worded his first post is very strange, and I don't see how his age could have much to do with it.

I don't exactly find DJC all that bad, though. It doesn't take much to defend a case that isn't based on anything, but he did it alright.

@NS: What are you opinions on Dana? I choose him because it seems that you have some sort of opinion on him.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 am

Post by danakillsu »

Also, you don't seem to be doing any favors for yourself going on about daytalking scum. Care to elaborate?
I don't get this. Sorry for talking about another game. That wasn't a good idea. But all this stuff about daytalking scum makes no sense to me. Stop asking me about it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Herodotus »

Prod Check and Vote Count:

danakillsu (3):
Haschel Cedricson, DeeJayCee, Darkstrike_11
Flareonage (2):
Kmd4390, Lastsurvivor
DeeJayCee (2):
Flareonage, Radical Hijinx
Kmd4390 (1):
My Milked Eek
Lastsurvivor (1):
Nicodemus
Haschel Cedricson (1):
danakillsu
Nobody Special (1):
charter
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1):
Nobody Special
With
players, it takes
to lynch or
to choose not to lynch.
Deadline is 6:00 AM UTC, Monday, Feb 15.

DeeJayCee, Flareonage, Radical Hijinx, Nicodemus, and Darkstrike_11 are being prodded.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

danakillsu wrote:Yep.
vote:DJC
for three reasons.
1)His vote for Flareonage for self-preservation
2)His nervousness
3)I want to see him claim
This just sticks out as one of the scummiest things I've seen in a mafia game
ever.

Immediately followed by:
danakillsu wrote:Why not? If that's a problem for people, I can take it back off. But I think he's the right vote.
And then...
danakillsu wrote:
A player who cares so much what the other players think is very likely to be scum in my opinion.
Why? I don't think your arguments in favor of voting for me amount to much. I agree I shouldn't have asked for a claim on page 2. But everyone else wants to leave the RVS on page 3, so there is a general feeling of hurry in this game. A little nervousness, maybe a little unoriginality is all you have on me.
So, to recap:

1) Ask for claim
on the second page of the thread

2) Offer to remove vote if anyone objects
3) (unrelated) Admitting to showing nervousness

Also, this feeling of "hurry" in the game. I know we have a long deadline, but isn't the purpose of the game to hunt for scum and therefore leave the RVS as soon as is practical?

These things, taken together, elevate danakillsu to scummiest, in my opinion.

Vote: danakillsu
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Prod received. Any previous opinions or ideas I had on this game have been lost, so
Unvote
for now, and I'll do a reread and post something of relevance sometime later tonight.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Requesting replacement.

Reason for requesting replacement removed because it was mildly inappropriate to post here (advertising.) -Mod
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

@Haschel: Someone's age has no relation to how they play mafia. The way he worded his first post is very strange, and I don't see how his age could have much to do with it.
If somebody is a freshman in high school I don't expect them to have thought everything through, particularly in the early game. I can see somebody panicking at being at L-3 before their second post. I have no idea how much experience DJC has with Mafia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't very much.

It's poor play, and is even anti-town, but that doesn't make it scummy
per se.

Nobody Special: If that post was indeed "one of the scummiest things I've seen in a mafia game ever", why were you so reluctant to express these suspicions on page 4?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

jbernier93 replaces Flareonage.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

Just finished reading the thread quickly... Im almost half asleep and am making this post from my iPod, so it will be brief...
DeeJayCee - scummy vibes
danakillsu - mostly townie vibes, his intentions seem genuine
Haschel Cedricson - nothing of note
jbernier93 replaced Flareonage D1 - flare was insanely nervous, and requesting replacement like that doesn't help... honestly I am probably the scummiest looking player b/c of flare's actions
Lastsurvivor - nothing of note
charter - I don't think I've ever been able to get a successful read on him, esp. not D1
Kmd4390 - town. but i miss the gay men kissing
Radical Hijinx - nothing of note
Nobody Special - slight scumminess
Nicodemus - nothing of note
My Milked Eek - nothing of note
Darkstrike_11 - something just seems a little off, just not sure what
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Didn't get to this game tonight X_X. If I don't post something worthwhile in the next 24 hours replace me please.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
DeeJayCee
DeeJayCee
Townie
DeeJayCee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by DeeJayCee »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
If somebody is a freshman in high school I don't expect them to have thought everything through, particularly in the early game. I can see somebody panicking at being at L-3 before their second post. I have no idea how much experience DJC has with Mafia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't very much.

It's poor play, and is even anti-town, but that doesn't make it scummy
per se.

Nobody Special: If that post was indeed "one of the scummiest things I've seen in a mafia game ever", why were you so reluctant to express these suspicions on page 4?
Lol, i kinda jumped the gun there didn't I? I guess with the sudden realization of being ganked with votes by so many i acted like so to point out some reasons. I did it "scummily" as some people said, but i had no intention whatsoever. I have had some good experiences with mafia by the way, i have played my fare-share and moderated some, with school friends on other websites. But playing here is a lot more harder.
1) I have to think more strategically (My friends are retards and thinking)
2) I know nothing of any of you (so i cannot base your vote on your personality)
3) I am facing off with other strategic minds

And yes, i am a freshman at high school. But why do you think it effects how i act and play?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

picking up teh prod :)

right, having had another read through, I'm liking DJC more, enough to push him back to neutral.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:I disagree with Kmd's case on Flareonage, but I get the impression that Kmd believes his own case. That's more important to me than the case itself, so Kmd gets a slight nudge into the pro-town category.
this. So much this. My thoughts on KMD have also moved more towards town, mainly because irrelevant of the reliability of his evidence, he is following through with his method and hunting scum. This is town and I likes it :)

Haschel is also very townie in my eyes at the mo.

Danakillsu needs moar votes.

Nobody special isn't really looking too good to me either. I never liek the whole "I have reasons but im not telling you" thing. I have been in a few games where players have used this excuse. It usually results in either:

1. They are scum. They have no reasoning apart from wishing a quick lynch
2. They are town pulling a complicated scumhunt technique off.

However even the second is quite anti-town, all the times I have seen town try complicated traps it hasn't really worked that well, just fostered mistrust and hurt the town. Therefore I'm not liking NS at the minute.

Lastsurvivor needs another look.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, just reread through the game. General thoughts below:

DJC and dana: They still look like newb-town to me. The tone of their posts seems too open and sincere to be coming from scum.

charter and kmd: These two, however, I'm not so sure about. I know that personally I'm always more suspicious of more experienced players, so my read may be off here, but I'd be surprised if one of these two wasn't scum. Probably leaning more towards charter at the moment as the scumbag, as kmd seems to be playing to his town meta from what I can tell.

LastSurvivor:
Lastsurvivor wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:dana and DJ both look scummy as hell, but frankly I can't see scum being that overt. I'm gonna call town v. town on that one.

Unvote

Vote:Lastsurvivor
for this complete post of fluff:
Lastsurvivor wrote:Well, it's just a random vote with a little bit of justification. You're not exactly acting out of your meta either, so I don't really suspect you atm. But, like I said, there's less than a page of posts now.
...what? "It's random, but kind of not, but still pretty much, but I might be right, but who can say?" Is this the general idea that you're trying to convey?
Er, nope. It was more like "It was a random vote, but I don't like just making votes out of the blue. I don't really suspect you yet, but nothing has really happened so I don't have a lot to really suspect of anyone."

I really wouldn't talk, because this is your first real post in the game. A couple of questions for you:

1) There has been plenty of fluff posts in this game. What made my post jump out at you?

2) Dana and DJ both look as scummy as hell. Why? What makes one fluff post more worthy of your vote than them?

3) Any other comments you have on the game? You definitely haven't posted a hell of a lot, and you had three pages to comment on.
Never answered these questions, so I'll do that here.

1) Your post seemed intentionally fluffy, while others were just RVing predictably. It seemed like you were trying to cover yourself too much in your vote.

2) DJ voted for Flare just because he was at L-2 and flare had the biggest wagon. Dana went from unvoting DJ to revoting him so confidently that he asked for a claim. Both of these look scummy on the surface, but the way they posted about them didn't. Like I said, they just seemed more inexperienced than scummy. Your fluff post, on the other hand, looked suspicious in its backtracking. It was sneakier than DJ or Dana, and thus scummier.

3)See this post

You still haven't done anything to unearn my suspicions, but someone else has jumped ahead of you in the scummy department

Nobody Special: You spent almost a page telling kmd and charter that you had only half-formed suspicions, nothing that you could possibly base your case on, and then you come up with a case on dana calling his actions "the scummiest thing you've ever seen
ever
." This looks like scum trying to build a case when pressed on it, which is, obviously, very scummy

Vote: Nobody Special
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:45 am

Post by danakillsu »

My vote is a carry-over from what was (sort of) the RVS, so
unvote
. The most striking non-contribution posing as a great scumhunt would be NS. Whether that makes him scum, I'm not sure. I'm going to read this thread again. Expect more content around 1:00.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 am

Post by danakillsu »

The things that most stick out to me are that NS is actively lurking, and that he changed a half-baked opinion to a vote with no more material to base it on
vote: Nobody Special

Danakillsu needs moar votes.

Nobody special isn't really looking too good to me either. I never liek the whole "I have reasons but im not telling you" thing. I have been in a few games where players have used this excuse. It usually results in either:

1. They are scum. They have no reasoning apart from wishing a quick lynch
2. They are town pulling a complicated scumhunt technique off.

However even the second is quite anti-town, all the times I have seen town try complicated traps it hasn't really worked that well, just fostered mistrust and hurt the town. Therefore I'm not liking NS at the minute.
Okay, there's something off here. Your reason for voting for me is that I look nervous for changing my vote when someone disagreed with me. Your reason for saying NS is likely scum is that his reasons are unrevealed. As you point out, NS cannot help town with his methods. I don't really see why you are calling for more votes on me when NS is the one who cannot help town.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am

Post by jbernier93 »

unvote

Rereading my scummy players in isolation brings up this...
DJC - I'm not exactly sure what I found scummy about him last night - I'm not really getting a read on him either way right now.
NS - really not liking him, especially in this post. He basically says DKU did three scummy things, but none of the things he mentions (with the exception of the first one, which is maybe slightly scummy... He makes little contribution before this, and then proceeds to jump on the leading wagon with a bad case... red flags abound.
DS11 - This post gives me bad feelings... It seems too much like an attempt to buddy up to DJC, who, being an apparent new guy, may be more susceptable to. Also, his case against DKU seems to be centered around his actions towards DJC - again, an apparent attempt at buddying up.

I'm feeling like NS at this point so I'mma just go ahead and
vote: nobody special

DeeJayCee wrote:Hey guys, Just started High school yesterday. So Fun :D, anyway will be posting soon!
Just out of curiousity, how are you starting high school in the middle of the school year? (I'm assuming you live in USA since I've never heard it called High School outside of the US...)
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Herodotus »

kyle99 replaces Radical Hijinx.
Will be prodding a few people if they don't post soon.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, just did a quick read, some thoughts as I read so far:

Darkstrike, DeeJayCee, Haschel Cedricson, and Nicodemus are possibly town.

Dana - Why did you want to stick with the RVS for so long? The purpose of this is to start discussion, and there was certaintly plenty of discussion going on. I can't see any reasons why a pro-town player would want to extend the RVS longer than required. You also asked for a claim on DJC WAAAY to early, and you've been generally flip-floppy throughout the game.

Nobody Special is possibly mafia, but I don't feel as strongly about him as Dana.

Everyone else I have a neutral read on.

vote: danakillsu
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Prodding Lastsurvivor, charter, Kmd4390, and My Milked Eek.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Wow, has it been three days already?
Going to post later today, right now I need some sleep.
Eek
!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by charter »

Kmd, why are you still voting Flareonage?

Glad to see some more votes on NS. I'm eagerly awaiting his explanation to why it took him so long to talk about someone, especially since that was the scummiest thing he's ever seen.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”