(TheLonging)

DeeJayCee - 1
(danakillsu)

TheLonging - 1
(RichardGHP)

Primate - 1
(ElectricBadger)

Not Voting - 10
(Kise, DocPotter, Jack, Anon, Toonfighter, Primate, DeeJayCee, Nul, Seacore, bv310)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Still to confirm:
Anon

V/LA:
TheLonging (exams)

Flareonage wrote: Lol. I take it everyone is just claiming random things
Flareonage, in response to 'I don't think primate is doing this entirely randomly' wrote: me neither.
These seem to contradict each other.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I didn't want to say anything at first. Discussing game mechanics is never good
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

magnus_orion wrote:yep, electric badger is scum.
Hmm...because tossing out random accusations is scummy, apparently? It would certainly look silly if you did the same thing, then.

Also, you asked for my theory on Primate but refused to present one of your own when I asked, although you've mentioned repeatedly that it doesn't seem random. It seems like you're trying to get someone else to make your case for you. If his jokes aren't random, what purpose could they serve? Why are you sending comments into the void and not asking Primate about his reasons rather than me?
RichardGHP wrote:Just to note, school is going back in a few days so I may not be that active - I will try and post content at my earliest conveniences but any lurking will not be my choice.
Pre-emptively excusing your own lurking on the second page of the game distresses me. If you can't meet the requirements of the game, please drop now; if you can meet them, you don't need this.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Also, you asked for my theory on Primate but refused to present one of your own when I asked, although you've mentioned repeatedly that it doesn't seem random. It seems like you're trying to get someone else to make your case for you. If his jokes aren't random, what purpose could they serve? Why are you sending comments into the void and not asking Primate about his reasons rather than me?
This is why you're scum.
You're immediately taking the situation, and turning it to try to corner me.
The reason that you're scum is that you suspected flareonage while not having a theory as to what was behind primate's actions. I'm not going to press this heavily though, since it isn't logical so much as gut.

The reason I say that its not random, but I don't say what it is, well, I have a good reason for it, even if I don't say my reason.

I still think you're scum. Your post didn't do anything to change my mind. Its your job to convince me I'm wrong now.

Dattebayo
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Jack »

Vote:magnus_orion

Your job to convince me I'm wrong.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

ElectricBadger wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:Just to note, school is going back in a few days so I may not be that active - I will try and post content at my earliest conveniences but any lurking will not be my choice.
Pre-emptively excusing your own lurking on the second page of the game distresses me. If you can't meet the requirements of the game, please drop now; if you can meet them, you don't need this.
I think YOUR post was unnecessary.

I can meet the requirements of the game - but I will rarely be posting more than once a day. Just to note. No need to get caught up over it, I normally don't offer anything insightful anyway.

unvote
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

magnus_orion wrote:This is why you're scum.
Hi! Welcome to Mafia Scum. ...If you think that's scummy you're in for a ride.
magnus_orion wrote:The reason that you're scum is that you suspected flareonage while not having a theory as to what was behind primate's actions.
To clarify - did you think anything I said in post #40 was serious?
magnus_orion wrote:The reason I say that its not random, but I don't say what it is, well, I have a good reason for it, even if I don't say my reason.
Seems early for Super Secret Squirrel stuff, but fair enough - also too early to say you have Super Secret Squirrel stuff when you don't. I'll look forward to hearing more about this later.
magnus_orion wrote:I still think you're scum. Your post didn't do anything to change my mind. Its your job to convince me I'm wrong now.
I generally assume everyone is scum until proven otherwise, and if I'd convinced you I'm town by page three I'd be really impressed with myself.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

I generally assume the opposite. I find I'm much more successful that way.

And... uh.... you won't hear much more about it... don't expect me to fully elaborate... This is something you'll just have to take my word for. It doesn't make that big a difference anyway

Its irrelevant whether post 40 was serious, I used it to provoke reaction, and then judged your reaction to be scummy.

Hi welcome to mafia scum, unless that's an alt, I was here before you were.
Vote:magnus_orion

Your job to convince me I'm wrong.
If your implicitly saying I'm scum, fine, I'll do my best to convince you otherwise.
If you want me to disprove that you voted me... well... you just did, I can't disprove that.
If you're just trying to prove a point, that's rather silly, we only have 18 days once jebus says the day has officially started, so I'd rather not fool around with that sort of thing. I'm used to longer day phases.

Dattebayo
Show
Win-Loss
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod: I will be V/LA from 29th to 31st January GMT +13 time.

After that I have a day or two before school goes back, and then my activity levels will go down a lot. Nothing that should require a prod though.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

magnus_orion wrote:This is why you're scum.
The reason that you're scum is that you suspected flareonage while not having a theory as to what was behind primate's actions.
magnus_orion wrote:Its irrelevant whether post 40 was serious, I used it to provoke reaction, and then judged your reaction to be scummy.
You said I was scum because I suspected flar. Now you're saying it doesn't matter that I didn't. You seem mostly interested in just calling me scum.

What reaction are you referring to? My comment that you should push your own case against Primate rather than ignore him and ask me to do so? That was the only other thing you referenced. And I do find it a tad fishy that your reason is apparently too secret for any of us to know.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Jack »

ElectricBadger wrote: And I do find it a tad fishy that your reason is apparently too secret for any of us to know.
I agree. I think Jebus said somewhere that we only have something like 18 days, seems to me it'd be better not to fool around with this sort of thing.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

You seem mostly interested in defending yourself against my accusations. So, do you have any suspects yet? Why aren't you interrogating them?

I'll tell you what I'm interested in. I'm interested in finding scum. Your reactions have been knee jerk, and lack the critical thought of someone really interested in finding scum. That, along with my gut, leads me to believe you're scum. Further, you continue to do nothing that could lead to you finding out who the scum are.

Why would I push a case against primate? I don't even suspect him. I asked you why you thought he did what he did. But you decided flareonage was scummy even though all flareonage ever did was ask if people were serious. Then you began trying to corner me when I called you scum for it. Now you're aggressively trying to fight off any suspicions on your person. Its scummy behavior, in my opinion.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Jack wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote: And I do find it a tad fishy that your reason is apparently too secret for any of us to know.
I agree. I think Jebus said somewhere that we only have something like 18 days, seems to me it'd be better not to fool around with this sort of thing.
nice. You still haven't told me whether you think I'm scum or not.
Show
Win-Loss
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 am

Post by danakillsu »

You're just itching to accuse people, eh?
Do you have a theory why Primate's been doing what he's doing?
On what do you base this? What accusations do you see other than his fake one against Flare?
yep, electric badger is scum.

And for the record, I don't think primate is doing this entirely randomly
What is this???? It looks to me like some BS confirmation of your vote, the confirmation and vote both being based on NOTHING!

There is no way I'm voting for anyone else right now, that's for sure.
unvote vote:magnus_orion

Jack, I doubt anyone does, but I know I don't enjoy your very brief commentary. You should give reasons for voting for someone, it's not just their job to prove you wrong (whether or not that is the way he treats voting). In other words, you are making yourself no less scummy than him by adopting his methods.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

magnus_orion wrote:So, do you have any suspects yet? Why aren't you interrogating them?
I am. The only thing I'm ignoring at the moment is RVS...and telling me to go back to that seems like a strange move for someone apparently so concerned about the short day. If you think there are other good suspects I'd suggest you address them yourself.
magnus_orion wrote:But you decided flareonage was scummy even though all flareonage ever did was ask if people were serious.
In other words, Yes, you thought 40 was serious. Or you're just reaching for reasons to justify your accusation (you've already mentioned I'm scummy regardless of my suspicions of flar).

40 was not serious, and did not reflect any serious suspicions of flar, which I thought would be obvious as everything about it was a joke and I hadn't stated any reasons for suspicion. My only real accusation was a bit of gullibility.

Does that resolve some issues for you?
magnus_orion wrote:nice. You still haven't told me whether you think I'm scum or not.
I believe the reason you voted me was because I called someone scummy without suitable evidence. Since you're condemning Jack for not saying it to you, should I assume there is, in fact, suitable evidence?

@Primate: Do you have any idea what this secret is that Magnus is talking about?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:31 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I am. The only thing I'm ignoring at the moment is RVS...and telling me to go back to that seems like a strange move for someone apparently so concerned about the short day. If you think there are other good suspects I'd suggest you address them yourself.
Where did you get this? I never told you to go back to anything. I asked if you had any suspects, you said you are interrogating them, fine, perhaps you could be more clear with who they are. I've only been ambiguous about 1 thing, that doesn't justify everyone else being ambiguous about everything.
In other words, Yes, you thought 40 was serious. Or you're just reaching for reasons to justify your accusation (you've already mentioned I'm scummy regardless of my suspicions of flar).

40 was not serious, and did not reflect any serious suspicions of flar, which I thought would be obvious as everything about it was a joke and I hadn't stated any reasons for suspicion. My only real accusation was a bit of gullibility.

Does that resolve some issues for you?
No, I don't care about 40 anymore. I used it to justify an accusation, yes. Your response to my initial accusation at that time, I felt, independent of my feelings concerning 40, was scummy enough to vote you. Every single point I use against you doesn't have to be valid. My vote is largely based off of gut, as I stated previously... this shouldn't be impossible to understand. Its your general approach, intangible things, like your attitude, and how you react. (I've been generally successful in finding scum this way, so its rather amusing how much people often get upset over it)
I believe the reason you voted me was because I called someone scummy without suitable evidence. Since you're condemning Jack for not saying it to you, should I assume there is, in fact, suitable evidence
The only person I've called scum in this game is you. Please stop acting like I'm trying to accuse other people as well.
danakillsu wrote:
You're just itching to accuse people, eh?
Do you have a theory why Primate's been doing what he's doing?
On what do you base this? What accusations do you see other than his fake one against Flare?

What is this???? It looks to me like some BS confirmation of your vote, the confirmation and vote both being based on NOTHING!

There is no way I'm voting for anyone else right now, that's for sure.
unvote vote:magnus_orion

Jack, I doubt anyone does, but I know I don't enjoy your very brief commentary. You should give reasons for voting for someone, it's not just their job to prove you wrong (whether or not that is the way he treats voting). In other words, you are making yourself no less scummy than him by adopting his methods.
In order:
gut.

Um... well its not BS, just me affirming what I thought previously.

I'd like to see your rationale for why my actions are scummy (you've only stated what actions you think are scummy). Especially given that what I've been doing, in your view, is just an extension of the RVS (now, I don't think that that's true, but it's interesting that you think the RVS [or at least, the thought behind it] is scummy)

Dattebayo
Show
Win-Loss
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Looking at the Magnus/EB exchange

Magnus ask EB for her views on what primate is doing. When EB answers he says this:

Implies more that there is something here:
First things first. If I'm right, primate should know what I'm thinking already, so, primate, am I right?
The reason that you're scum is that you suspected flareonage while not having a theory as to what was behind primate's actions. I'm not going to press this heavily though, since it isn't logical so much as gut.

The reason I say that its not random, but I don't say what it is, well, I have a good reason for it, even if I don't say my reason.

Suspect flare! umm not sure about that at all. And EB stated a theory on primates actions so where do you get that he didn't have a theory on it from?
The second part of this is you want EB to answer but either refuse to answer or don't have an answer

And... uh.... you won't hear much more about it... don't expect me to fully elaborate... This is something you'll just have to take my word for. It doesn't make that big a difference anyway
It doesn't make a difference, he doesn't want to talk about it and he votes EB for stating an opinion on it. Or for Flare comment.
ummmmm
What?

You seem mostly interested in defending yourself against my accusations. So, do you have any suspects yet? Why aren't you interrogating them?
Just on page three and saying he isn't looking for scum. Cool story bro did you notice most of the joke comments, and RVS votes or did I completely miss out on something there?
Why would I push a case against primate? I don't even suspect him. I asked you why you thought he did what he did. But you decided flareonage was scummy even though all flareonage ever did was ask if people were serious. Then you began trying to corner me when I called you scum for it.
Again I don't see EB saying flareonage was scummy for anything of this nature.

magnus is making absolutely no sense with his attack on EB. He's calling EB scum for either post 40 which I took as a joke or because of the primate theory which he's seems to think it's something more.
vote: Magnus
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:59 am

Post by farside22 »

I forgot I needed to unvote first

unvote:
Vote: magnus_orion
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Primate »

EB wrote:No real theory, magnus. In my last game with him I went batshit after him because he refused to post during RVS. Mayhap he's avoiding that, although I can't imagine I'm much influence at this point...mayhap it's something else.
Our last game was actually realistic mafia, not that it really counts though.
flare wrote:This is Seemingly Normal Mafia. That means there is something abnormal that we don't know about.
mod wrote:If you have the ability to edit posts, please DON'T.
Thought this was an odd rule.
magnus wrote:First things first. If I'm right, primate should know what I'm thinking already, so, primate, am I right?
Well, I think so, Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.
EB wrote:Also, you asked for my theory on Primate but refused to present one of your own when I asked, although you've mentioned repeatedly that it doesn't seem random. It seems like you're trying to get someone else to make your case for you. If his jokes aren't random, what purpose could they serve? Why are you sending comments into the void and not asking Primate about his reasons rather than me?
I think you're misreading this. Put my money on enthusiasm expressing as a need to overthink things. Posting habits corrobrates read, imho.
Magnus wrote:Hi welcome to mafia scum, unless that's an alt, I was here before you were.
He's right.
danakillsu wrote:Jack, I doubt anyone does, but I know I don't enjoy your very brief commentary. You should give reasons for voting for someone, it's not just their job to prove you wrong (whether or not that is the way he treats voting). In other words, you are making yourself no less scummy than him by adopting his methods.
You're underthinking here.

vote magnus_orion

doop be doop

@Magnus: No.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Primate wrote:
flare wrote:This is Seemingly Normal Mafia. That means there is something abnormal that we don't know about.
mod wrote:If you have the ability to edit posts, please DON'T.
Thought this was an odd rule.
I can edit post as a list mod. I didn't really think it odd from my point of view but I could be wrong
Primate wrote:
magnus wrote:First things first. If I'm right, primate should know what I'm thinking already, so, primate, am I right?
Well, I think so, Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.
No pinky we are going to try and take over the world!!!!!
Primate wrote:@Magnus: No.
I assume this means you have no clue what Magnus is even talking about here?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Primate »

I can edit post as a list mod. I didn't really think it odd from my point of view but I could be wrong.
Yeah, fair enough. I've just never seen it before as a rule, and given the nature of the game, I thought a role that can edit or delete posts earlier in the game (by virtue of also being a mod, in forum set-up, not in game) wouldn't be implausible.
I assume this means you have no clue what Magnus is even talking about here?
This isn't pertinent.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 am

Post by danakillsu »

I'd like to see your rationale for why my actions are scummy
Ok. You pretend like you have justification for voting for someone based on gut, which looks to me a lot more like you are basing it on something most of the rest of us don't know. This could only (at this point) mean that you are scum. You also confirmed your vote after making it based on a single post by Electric Badger that was a complete null tell.
Finally, there's this. It's a terrible sentence, but if I read it right, you are saying that you have a reason which you will not tell us for voting for EB. But what about this?
In order:
gut.
So is it your gut or an unrevealed reason that you have for voting for EB. This is why you are scum.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:40 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Finally, there's this. It's a terrible sentence, but if I read it right, you are saying that you have a reason which you will not tell us for voting for EB. But what about this?
You read it wrong. I was talking about what I perceived primate to be doing. I'm apparently wrong, so it doesn't matter anymore.
Ok. You pretend like you have justification for voting for someone based on gut, which looks to me a lot more like you are basing it on something most of the rest of us don't know. This could only (at this point) mean that you are scum. You also confirmed your vote after making it based on a single post by Electric Badger that was a complete null tell.
As scum play, that seems like a rather poor way of convincing people you are pro-town... but whatever...

Farside's post doesn't show an attempt to continue a conversation with me in order to gain evidence to further gauge my alignment. Instead, its written with a purpose to convince other people to follow his ideas.

Town should be trying to ask me questions at this point, or at least trying to get me to talk more, scum will be trying to push town skepticism toward suspicion by making drawn out explanations, but not asking questions. (well, he does ask questions, but they serve rhetorical purpose, not inquisitive)

unvote vote: Farside22

I can point to games where this scumtell has been successful, if people want me to.

Sorry, EB, but RVS doesn't work the way it is supposed to (provoke proper reactions and, eventually, cases from everyone) unless you make the votes look serious. I'm rather satisfied with the result, though I imagine other's won't be upon finding this information out.

So, farside, what is your opinion of this?

Dattebayo
Show
Win-Loss
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 am

Post by farside22 »

I say lynch all liars and OMGUS is so scummy it makes my teeth hurt.

Proof farside asked questions:
far wrote:Suspect flare! umm not sure about that at all. And EB stated a theory on primates actions so where do you get that he didn't have a theory on it from?
The second part of this is you want EB to answer but either refuse to answer or don't have an answer
far wrote:It doesn't make a difference, he doesn't want to talk about it and he votes EB for stating an opinion on it. Or for Flare comment.
ummmmm
What?
far wrote:Just on page three and saying he isn't looking for scum. Cool story bro did you notice most of the joke comments, and RVS votes or did I completely miss out on something there?
Are you doing to say none of this is questions to you at all? Are you really going to say that OMGUS vote with no case whatsoever isn't scummy?
Oh wait I see I asked questions that are retorical so you don't have to answer them. RRrrrrriiiiiiigggght. :roll:

Tell me what part of my post is invalid?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Jack »

Farside asks several non rhetorical questions you ask, but the only question you ask him is "what is your opinion on this" which is unnecessary since it's expected he'll give his opinion on it. It's not effective to hoist yourself with your own petard...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”