xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 am

Post by xvart »

gg scum. You guys earned that win. I haven't read the scum QT yet, but I think reading the paranoia during the last night will at least provide some small shred of satisfaction.
MacavityLock wrote:Everyone who voted for name claim sucks.
Yes.

As I mentioned in the graveyard QT, I claimed Coldhands because I was trying to draw the NK by appearing to be a third party. I was on a cruise at the time where internet access was a little expensive, so I didn't have time to check my Coldhands claim of actually being in the first book. From my memory, I thought he was referenced in the prologue as the guy who attacked Benjen Stark. Once it was suggested that he wasn't I was like "shit, that backfired" but I guess it didn't matter anyway.
Faraday wrote:Also my next mini theme will either be Metal gear Solid or Malazan Book of the Fallen of some sort if anyone's interested.
I'm interested in the Malazan one for sure, despite struggling with the books.

Fun game everyone. Can't wait for the large one! Thanks for the good modding!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Percy »

Oh and Faraday, I'm pre-/in for future games you run, both your minis and your large aGoT :D
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Mina »

xvart wrote:gg scum. You guys earned that win. I haven't read the scum QT yet, but I think reading the paranoia during the last night will at least provide some small shred of satisfaction.
Thanks. To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that MacLock wasn't an unblockable, unkillable SK who vigged Confucius last night. All that scheming for nothing.
MacavityLock wrote:Everyone who voted for name claim sucks.
I don't get the people who voted for nameclaim either. And I REALLY don't get the people who screamed that it was a terrible idea and voted/FOSed Kinetic for the suggestion...yet suddenly voted in favour of a nameclaim without explanation. Actually...sorry, town, but I don't get half of you. All the VIs and easy targets made this victory feel a bit hollow. (Seriously, when a roled townie posts, "Yay, my death helped the scum!" in the graveyard topic, that's a sign that he should be blacklisted from all future games. He's breaking site rules.)

I feel for the sane townies in this game. Glad I wasn't in your shoes.
Kinetic wrote:Two things I loved. With a little bit of bait Seacore was the one who "lead" the push for nameclaiming. Once he started championing the cause I pulled back and played it close to my chest. Didn't want to seem too eager, but also trying not to contradict myself. In many ways I got the benefit of it, but I didn't get the brunt of the scummieness. Admittedly I played pretty shady, but half of that was intentional. If I was heavily called on it I would have played the "last few games I was town I got killed day 1, so I'm trying to act scummyish to avoid NKs" card.
What I don't get is that everyone kept calling Kinetic scum, but no one ever tried to lynch him. Usually, I think being brazenly antitown isn't worth the risk. (Personally, my style as scum is just to act as protown as possible and attack scummy townies, because I hate being suspected.) But in this game, Kinetic's plan worked wonders, particularly since so many townies' behaviour WRT the nameclaim was more suspicious than Kinetic's own.
xvart wrote:As I mentioned in the graveyard QT, I claimed Coldhands because I was trying to draw the NK by appearing to be a third party.
But if you were third-party, wouldn't we be
less
likely to kill you? Odds are you'd be a BP SK or a survivor (who'd help the Mafia).

Speaking of which, had Raivann not been lynched D2, I'd have probably pushed to nightkill him because of these quotes:
Raivann (AKA the prominent and powerful Robb Stark) wrote:If your scum who are you gonna kill at night?
Answer: The characters who are more prominent and powerful.

All this is gonna do is out PR's!
Raivann wrote:If we are to believe Seacore with his VT claim, which I do atm, then Kinetic's theory of everyone having some sort of power role is wrong.
Were they intentional attempts to look roled?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by xvart »

Mina wrote:What I don't get is that everyone kept calling Kinetic scum, but no one ever tried to lynch him. Usually, I think being brazenly antitown isn't worth the risk. (Personally, my style as scum is just to act as protown as possible and attack scummy townies, because I hate being suspected.) But in this game, Kinetic's plan worked wonders, particularly since so many townies' behaviour WRT the nameclaim was more suspicious than Kinetic's own.
I tried, I really did. I didn't focus on the name claiming in my suspicion because I haven't been in enough flavor theme games to have a knowledge base on that; but his justification and everything else was just rotten. I should have stayed focused.
Mina wrote:But if you were third-party, wouldn't we be
less
likely to kill you? Odds are you'd be a BP SK or a survivor (who'd help the Mafia).
I was thinking, based on my bad memory of the prologue of GoT that Coldhands was a member of the Others, and would be seen as Cult recruiter or something along those lines, which would be a problem for the mafia; plus my sharp reservations against name claiming would stand out even more in that regard.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Mina »

xvart wrote:
Mina wrote:What I don't get is that everyone kept calling Kinetic scum, but no one ever tried to lynch him. Usually, I think being brazenly antitown isn't worth the risk. (Personally, my style as scum is just to act as protown as possible and attack scummy townies, because I hate being suspected.) But in this game, Kinetic's plan worked wonders, particularly since so many townies' behaviour WRT the nameclaim was more suspicious than Kinetic's own.
I tried, I really did. I didn't focus on the name claiming in my suspicion because I haven't been in enough flavor theme games to have a knowledge base on that; but his justification and everything else was just rotten. I should have stayed focused.
I'm sure you'd have been a thorn in our side had you survived. It's just weird how not one person voted for Kinetic from D2 onward, even though almost everyone suspected him.
Mina wrote:But if you were third-party, wouldn't we be
less
I was thinking, based on my bad memory of the prologue of GoT that Coldhands was a member of the Others, and would be seen as Cult recruiter or something along those lines, which would be a problem for the mafia; plus my sharp reservations against name claiming would stand out even more in that regard.
That's a funny coincidence, because Kinetic wanted to claim Ser Waymar Royce (the guy I think you mixed up with Coldhands) as cult leader.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by xvart »

Mina wrote:I'm sure you'd have been a thorn in our side had you survived. It's just weird how not one person voted for Kinetic from D2 onward, even though almost everyone suspected him.
Probably because he dropped off the face of the planet the rest of the game. I would like to think I would have followed up on it the next day (and I thought I mentioned somewhere that name claiming would waste day one but couldn't find it in my ISO, must have been someone else) but I'm not sure. I didn't follow the thread super closely after I died, just enough for flavor and some highlights.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, I did really poorly this game. I'd apologise to the town, but there's really only Percy, Xvart and Mac to apologise to. I feel that all other town did at least as bad as me.

With my VT claim, I really hope I'm scum in some game soon, because I think I really suffer from not knowing quite what it's like to be scum, and what helps. I genuinely felt that a name claim would have helped, and felt that giving one role away wouldn't hurt us too much.

I also feel, and maybe I'm wrong, but the scum seemed very powerful in this game. Getting a Doc and an RB and an investigation role? It didn't help that apart from Mac, all of our roles landed in very seemingly scummy hands.

And of course, the scum played very well.

I've decided to go back to basics and start playing some mini-normals. I think I get a bit to excited by "differences" in games, and my standard skills go out the window.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Faraday »

^ No you're right the scum were overpowered. I thought it was balanced at the start, obviously but I quickly realised the scum had too many options.

I'd not beat myself up too much over your play, everyone has a bad game. The town never really clicked and yeah, lost.

TBF the town implosion didn't help, and I thought the lack of Godfather made the cop really powerful despite only being 2 shot. Double voter was supposed to a confirmable town abillity, er not gonna comment on what happened with that.

Also A Large theme of AGOT is coming, Seacore is helping out so it should be in the large theme set-up in the not too distant future.

And Np @ Percy. Also consider myself willing to replace into any game you need.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:43 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”