animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP: Everyone wil claim Invesitigator anyways, so I see no point in claiming.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

animorpherv1 wrote:I heard no noise, did not use ward.

Also, I decided to Launder myself, and I chose Avolition because I essentially, over the period of the game, seem really scummy in every game I play, as well as I always seem to find townies scummy. By day 4, I should have some info to make an informed decision.
(viii) Avolition - For three Days, your vote no longer contributes to a lynch. Your vote still shows up in vote counts.

You chose to give yourself an insanity?

unvote; vote animorpherv
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Chaco »

Read later.

I warded Dramonic.
I heard Noise.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

*raises eyebrows at ani*

That seems like a really strange strategy to me, and it doesn't strike me as all that pro-town either. Are there any actions that cult could take night one that would gain them an insanity besides launder that ani could be covering up for? I don't care for your appeal to "badness" either.

Would it be worth testing Ani's claim to ask him to try to hammer at the end of today?
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Seacore »

animo...

Your post summarised is that:

Play townie very scummy
You scum hunt very badly
You chose an action with no benefit
and now you've handicapped yourself even further with an insanity

And you want us to keep you alive til day 4 so you can contribute
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Sajin »

Adel wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Additionally, as this mistake was made last game, players should probably not use the investigate action tonight. As the action order is the same as it was in the previous game, players do not get bloody on any night from murders or the ritual until after investigation are resolved for that same night.

Actions dealing with blood take place in the following order:
Launder (removes blood)
Resuscitate or be resuscitated successfully (become bloody)
Investigate (find blood)
Murder (become bloody)
Ritual Resolves (become bloody)

You cannot find any murderers or players who participated in the ritual as bloody on either night zero or night one.

Investigation is like the war on drugs, a majority of the time it doesn't really do much of anything (since whoever gets bloody from doing something bad can always launder before they can next be investigated) but it's still necessary to do as to keep the killing people in check forcing them to launder.
wait, so if a cultist chooses "ritual" or "murder" and then chooses "launder" on the next night, she
can not
be caught by an investigation?
We have a winner! Cultists (and murderers for that matter) can choose to play the game faster but high risk by staying bloody, or slower but low risk by laundering to remove the blood. Launder resolves before forensics does and therefore if you inspect a cultist that rituals, launders, rituals, launders every night you will never return blood. The laundering route will cause them to give up kills and spread more insanity around their ranks. Forensics is not useless, its very useful to verify blood on people that cannot explain it. Its also noise verifiable.
dramonic wrote:oh come on.
I think you are trying to consider me overpredictable. You are in the game sajin, I'm not stupid, I know I CAN'T go murderer even if I wish I could =_=
The only way you CAN'T go murderer is if you are a cultist. Do you agree?

@Animorpherv- Are you serious that you took a insanity intentionally over getting some of the tools to either help in information or effect?

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:03 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Nico: If I was cult, and I participated in the Ritual. I'm willing to test it out.

@Seacore: Yes, although I'll still be posting, which I count as contributing.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Seacore »

oh, I forgot to
vote Animo

I think you're probably scum who's found what he thinks is a lame-town reason to explain away an insanity point.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 am

Post by startransmission »

Seacore wrote:animo...

Your post summarised is that:

Play townie very scummy
You scum hunt very badly
You chose an action with no benefit
and now you've handicapped yourself even further with an insanity

And you want us to keep you alive til day 4 so you can contribute
^Beat me to it.

That's how I take your post as well, animor. And I'm supposed to take you word that all insanities you garner from here on out are due to harmless and wasteful night actions?

Vote: animorpherv1

And nobody's really claiming alignment, just if they heard noise and/or warded somebody.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 am

Post by SlySly »

elvis_knits wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I heard no noise, did not use ward.

Also, I decided to Launder myself, and I chose Avolition because I essentially, over the period of the game, seem really scummy in every game I play, as well as I always seem to find townies scummy. By day 4, I should have some info to make an informed decision.
(viii) Avolition - For three Days, your vote no longer contributes to a lynch. Your vote still shows up in vote counts.

You chose to give yourself an insanity?

unvote; vote animorpherv
I find ani's action stupid more than scummy. Scum wouldn't be willing to give up their ability to contribute to a mislynch.

-----------------------------
Sajin wrote:
dramonic wrote:oh come on.
I think you are trying to consider me overpredictable. You are in the game sajin, I'm not stupid, I know I CAN'T go murderer even if I wish I could =_=
The only way you CAN'T go murderer is if you are a cultist. Do you agree?
I believe Sajin just nailed a slip right on the head!

vote:Dramonic
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Sajin wrote:@Animorpherv- Are you serious that you took a insanity intentionally over getting some of the tools to either help in information or effect?

I never actually thought about Searching. My main goal was to try to help out town in an unconvetional way Night 0, and I figured since I'm of no help to town, then I might as well get rid of my vote, but still post and contribute.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Post by iLord »

animorpherv1 wrote:Also, I decided to Launder myself, and I chose Avolition because I essentially, over the period of the game, seem really scummy in every game I play, as well as I always seem to find townies scummy. By day 4, I should have some info to make an informed decision.
uh-huh.

Vote: animorpherv1
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Seacore »

Animo wants us to believe that he chose the only useless night 0 action, not to mention one of only two night 0 actions that cause insanity.

So there are two possibilties

1) He is cult
2) He stalked last night
3) He is a waste of space and the most useless town we have.

I am happy to lynch based on these three possibilities

The comparison is Dramonic, who I'll admit I haven't had great experiences with in other games, but that's pure meta bias, and nothing he's done in this game deserves a lynch.

I don't believe what he just said was a slip, he's simply saying that Sajin would catch him the moment he went bad.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Seacore »

EBWOP
Lol, I only thought of possibility 2) after I started typing, obviously there are 3 possibilities
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

Post by startransmission »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Sajin wrote:@Animorpherv- Are you serious that you took a insanity intentionally over getting some of the tools to either help in information or effect?

I never actually thought about Searching. My main goal was to try to help out town in an unconvetional way Night 0, and I figured since I'm of no help to town, then I might as well get rid of my vote, but still post and contribute.
This is some of the most bizarre logic I have ever faced. How does wasting a night action, and losing the value of your vote, help town? Conventionally or otherwise? It seems your inability to help town is a self fulfilling prophecy.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 am

Post by iLord »

Wait, what could've scumAni done to gain an insanity? Stalk?
Ani wrote:I never actually thought about Searching. My main goal was to try to help out town in an unconvetional way Night 0, and I figured since I'm of no help to town, then I might as well get rid of my vote, but still post and contribute.
You never thought about searching? I simply don't believe you - Percy was even nice enough to list what actions you could do on N0.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 am

Post by iLord »

Sarnath'd

@Seacore: How do Cultists gain Insanities Night 0?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 am

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote:Wait, what could've scumAni done to gain an insanity? Stalk?
The rules, Stalk description wrote: Prerequisites: You must be an
Investigator
or a
Murderer
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

iLord wrote:Wait, what could've scumAni done to gain an insanity? Stalk?
Ani wrote:I never actually thought about Searching. My main goal was to try to help out town in an unconvetional way Night 0, and I figured since I'm of no help to town, then I might as well get rid of my vote, but still post and contribute.
You never thought about searching? I simply don't believe you - Percy was even nice enough to list what actions you could do on N0.
I did read it, several days before I sent in my action. When I thought about sending in my action, I only somewhat remebered Launder, and I had somewhat of a strategy in my head, so I used it. When I got a PM back telling me I needed to send in an Insanity, I was shocked, so I sent in Avolition.

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 am

Post by iLord »

@Slysly: Okay, so then what action could Ani possibly be covering up?
Ani wrote:I did read it, several days before I sent in my action. When I thought about sending in my action, I only somewhat remebered Launder, and I had somewhat of a strategy in my head, so I used it. When I got a PM back telling me I needed to send in an Insanity, I was shocked, so I sent in Avolition.
Uh-huh. Just a few posts before, you stated that you purposely garnered an insanity, and now its a "shocking" surprise.

I don't see what Ani could be covering for, but there's no way he's telling to truth :/
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think Ani either stalked last night and is explaining his insanity, or he is a cultist who thought it would be better to claim an insanity now so that when he participates in the ritual later, he has laid the groundwork for his excuse.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Seacore »

My bad, I thought that craft fetish caused insanity.

Even so, he could be trying to fake his insanity today to write it off tomorrow.

Also, his original story seemed to suggest that he wanted the insanity, because he's useless town. Now he's saying he's "shocked"

I stand by the three possible explanations of his behaviour and that he should die.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@iLord:

Apparently the way I wanted it to sound didn't sound how I wanted it to.

Help town in an unconventional way -> do nothing special
Get rid of my vote -> A bit of my strategy which came in after I got a PM forom Percy telling me to gain an insanity

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

I was going to vote EK for challenging Sly on what were quite reasonable reservations with dramwagon, but Ani is sort of crazy. I agree with EK. Either she is quite dumb, or she has an anti-town ulterior motive.

Unvote; Vote: ani
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

Post by iLord »

[quote=Ani]@iLord:

Apparently the way I wanted it to sound didn't sound how I wanted it to.

Help town in an unconventional way -> do nothing special
Get rid of my vote -> A bit of my strategy which came in after I got a PM forom Percy telling me to gain an insanity[/quote]

How does "do nothing special" link to "help town in an unconventional way" in your mind?

I don't know about Ani prepping for future insanities. If we is a Cultist, he wouldn't have acted without the influence of the other Cultists, and I doubt they'd have let him come out with such a poor excuse.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”