Mini 935 -- The Fountainhead (Completed)

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Budja »

Gosh, you sound certain there Fate.

Not leaving the horror wagon just because he is away.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count -- D1

horrordude0215 (4) -- RedCoyote, SpyreX, Budja, Porkens
Zang (2) -- d3x, AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM (2) -- Debonair Danny DiPietro, cruelty
cruelty (1) -- Fate

Not Voting (3) -- horrordude0215, Kthxbye, Zang

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is 02 APR 2010 at 9:15pm UTC. (Countdown)

V/LA

horrordude0215 until 2010 MAR 08
Last edited by HowardRoark on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Please know that if you really want to know why I have to go on a V/LA, I'll tell you. My parents, who have been together for 20 years, are splitting up, and I just need to take a few days to sort through some things... it has nothing to do with the game.

Thanks for understanding
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Zang »

@Zang: Ok we get it, you're over-defensive. Can you start looking for scum now?
actually horrorclooks pretty bad to me, he hasn't contributed to almost anything all game, but I can understand what he is going through so I won't vote for him until he can defend himself.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Fate »

Budja wrote:Gosh, you sound certain there Fate.

Not leaving the horror wagon just because he is away.
Well we have a month before the deadline, but wagoning an absentee just isn't productive. Rather get a read out of Cruelty in the meantime.

Sorry to hear about that Horror.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by d3x »

@horror- I'm very sorry to hear that, bro. Take the time you need. The game is just a game.
cruelty wrote:I said that before the latest votecount; I'm not sitting here tallying for current vote counts at this point in the game.
Fair enough, I just thought it weird having read it in conjuntion with the Vote Count.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

What happened to my AGM bandwagon? It was going so well and then someone let all the air out of it.

~~~
d3x wrote:@DDDP- You don't like the Zang wagon, how do you feel about the horror wagon?
It's a much better wagon; I don't buy that his vote was "random" as he's tried to suggest as he provided a perfectly reasonable explanation for his vote. And then he simply unvotes with no explanations for the past or future; he doesn't explain why he unvoted and/or what he hopes to achieve with his now free vote other than the generically lame, "I'll see if I can find someone that's suspicious IMO".
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Budja »

Oi, that was my wagon :P.

Sorry DDD but horror > Almaster.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Horror that absolutely sucks - I would seriously recommend taking a short mafia hiatus as this isn't necessarily the greatest way to spend time if there are real-world issues that you have to deal with as well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

d3x: to answer your question, I would place my vote on Horror right now if he were around. I don't like the minimal posting with no content. It looked liked active lurking to me, but with the situation he's facing now, I can't be entirely certain it's not just due to lack of interest/time. We'll see if/when he returns.

Second place would have to be Zang in my book actually. When you asked the question of who I found suspicious, all I could think of was a big fat nobody. This game is moving quite fast so far and the posts are short and sweet. I had to go back and take careful notes to come up with anything. I guess most of the stuff I now have down was just lost in the pure quantity of posts. Zang's in second place right now due to me just not believing his excuse for reacting the way he did. It was pretty clear that SpyreX was giving a 'what if' scenario and he blew it way out of control because he felt he was being attacked. That being said, he's only in second place above my third place do to the amount of 'bad' notes I have on him, not necessarily the quality.

Third place actually goes to cruelty for lying. Specifically p49 where he said he read the rules but just doesn't like fruit. I'm calling bullshit right now. You join a game, it has a Mod, the mod wants you to list a fruit to see if you read the rules, you want to list SOMETHING to do with fruit to show said Mod you read the rules to HIS game. Even if it was 'I don't like fruit at all', at least you are mentioning fruit to let the mod know you read the rules. Had cruel just admitted he didn't read the rules, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But why lie?

Vote: cruelty
(for lying to my FACE!)

hey d3x, I did have a question on your p39. Why did you even right up a 'clarification post' if you were going to attack Zang with it if your post did in fact clarify the issue for him however small that clarification was? Where you really even trying to clarify the issue for him to begin with?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Budja »

Two questions.

Why the sudden change on Zang? You believed his over-defensiveness to be null before.
Why are you voting cruelty when he is your #3?

unvote, vote: Kthxbye
, that post was really weak.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

budja: read my post again for why I'm voting cruelty over Zang.

'Sudden change on Zang' was also explained in my post but I'll clarify if it wasn't clear for you. Zang has more (quantity) post that strike me the wrong way than I had previously thought. I re-read everything and certain things stuck out to me during the reread than stood out to me before. The only reason Zang is number 2 right now is due to more quantity of his post vs the quantity of cruel's posts. Zang has more post that strike me the wrong way, but cruelty's flat out lie (the way I see it anyway) means more than the possible misunderstanding of Zang's posts.

Basically, what I see as Cruelty's blatant lie is more deserving of my vote than Zang's possible lie. The second reason for my vote on Cruel over Zang is for pressure on Cruel to give more quantity so that I can get a better read on him. If I were to vote Zang over Cruel, cruelty wouldn't have as much pressure and thus wouldn't feel as much need to post more quantity. Make sense now?

Also, what is the reason for your vote on me? Is it because I am the scummiest person in your eyes, or is it for possibly another motive...pressure for instance. I have the feeling it's more pressure than me suddenly moving to your number one spot, therefore, I'm sure you can understand my reasoning listed above.

peace out.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That post was weak?

Que? Thats probably one of the better posts this game.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

SpyreX wrote:That post was weak?

Que? Thats probably one of the better posts this game.
Are you guys gunna start fighting?

My vote doesn't move.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:53 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

@kthxbye - what would the motivation for scum-cruelty be to lie about the rules?
Budja wrote:unvote, vote: Kthxbye, that post was really weak.
I agree with SpyreX, what exactly was weak about the post? It seemed fine to me.
Porkens wrote:Are you guys gunna start fighting?
Plz.
cruelty wrote:Not inclined to be concerned about Zang - he's in an ongoing game which obviously I can't discuss.
I kept trying to compute this and it did not make sense. Every result arrived at metafail.
cruelty wrote:He had at least 4 at one point, I said that before the latest votecount; I'm not sitting here tallying for current vote counts at this point in the game.

vote agm

This feels familiar somehow.
If it's familiar, why are you voting for me? I was TOWN last time. Can you explain what this means and what your logic is for it?

Also, sorry, but
V/LA until Wednesday
. I know it's super lame to have 2 people out at once and if you want replacement I won't blame you, but I promise no more V/LA's and dedication to the game when I get back.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

horror 102 wrote:My parents, who have been together for 20 years, are splitting up, and I just need to take a few days to sort through some things...
Like Spyrex suggested, perhaps you should take a little time to yourself? I mean, it's up to you. I have no idea about your personal life, what this means to you, how old you are... etc. I can't even say I understand how that feels.

On the one hand, the time commitment and obligations of a mafia game might seem (and are) inferior to your real life problems, but on the other, it might be something to take your mind off of what's going on. All the best though, horror.

---
Fate 104 wrote:Well we have a month before the deadline, but wagoning an absentee just isn't productive.
Are you always so townie sounding? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I feel like you always sound town to me.

---
Budja 110 wrote:
unvote, vote: Kthxbye
, that post was really weak.
Unlike previous games I've had with you, I'm loving you as town this game. I don't agree with this however, yet I think it's more of a disagreement than anything else.

As Spyrex said, I thought the post was fairly good. I don't understand how it rubbed you the wrong way.

---

I will not be voting cruelty. I just had a game with him where I spent the better part of it accusing him of being scum for this same very relaxed behavior he's got going on. I still feel like I felt in Nice'n'Fun though, in that cruelty just oozes scum to me (read Almaster's post above mine), but I really have to fight my normal instincts when it comes to reading cruelty.

Unvote; vote: Zang

Now there's room for me!
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Zang »

Kthx wrote:'Sudden change on Zang' was also explained in my post but I'll clarify if it wasn't clear for you. Zang has more (quantity) post that strike me the wrong way than I had previously thought. I re-read everything and certain things stuck out to me during the reread than stood out to me before. The only reason Zang is number 2 right now is due to more quantity of his post vs the quantity of cruel's posts. Zang has more post that strike me the wrong way, but cruelty's flat out lie (the way I see it anyway) means more than the possible misunderstanding of Zang's posts.
what's wrong with my quantity of posts?

Here is a list of players and there total nUmber of posts-

Almaster-6
Budja-10
Cruelty-5
D3x-9
DDD-4
Fate-10
Horrordude-6
Kthx-6
porkens-10
Redcoyote-4
Spyrex-14
Zang-14

As you can see Spyrex has posted just as much as me and I believe that a low quantity of posts is better than a high quantity.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Kthxbye »

/facepalm

Really Zang? Really? Read the damn posts before you comment on them. Read them even closer if you are going to quote them.

Beginning to see the sad sack (ie. VI) part of Zang more clearly now...

AGM: I'm not saying it's scummy to not read the rules. That's null if anything. Lying about almost anything as a townie IS scummy behavior (imo) however. What motivation do town have for lies? I can't think of any. Do you have some reasons a townie would need to lie? If you do, do they apply to lies that attempt to make one 'fit in'?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 am

Post by d3x »

<- Still happy with his Zang Vote.

@Kthx-
Why did you even right up a 'clarification post' if you were going to attack Zang with it if your post did in fact clarify the issue for him however small that clarification was?
I didn't believe the 'clarification' would get through, but that doesn't mean I can't try and gauge his reactions from the attempt. The attack {as you put it} came from the
way
he answered. As I've said before, I don't buy it. Also, I'd hardly call my p39 as an attack.

I don't believe he was being completely up front about the issue and I think he's playing it up now to try and act the VI.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:07 am

Post by cruelty »

AlmasterGM wrote:
cruelty wrote:Not inclined to be concerned about Zang - he's in an ongoing game which obviously I can't discuss.
I kept trying to compute this and it did not make sense. Every result arrived at metafail.
I'm not sure how much I can talk about, don't want to break the rules. I tend to think VI though. On that subject d3x, I genuinely don't believe it's an act.

AGM wrote:If it's familiar, why are you voting for me? I was TOWN last time. Can you explain what this means and what your logic is for it?
Yeah, I thought your vote seemed contrived, less about suspicion and more about appeasement.
RC wrote:I still feel like I felt in Nice'n'Fun though, in that cruelty just oozes scum to me
lol, sorry.
the nexus of the crisis
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Fate »

Kthx, though I liked your post because it you took a stance and such, lying about something so trivial is a null tell.

Maybe he was embarrassed to have not read the rules and was backtracking?
I think scum would be more careful not to lie, i.e. "yeah I didn't read them. oops." or he could be paranoid scum afraid of a scumtell (see: Spyrex asking Zang if not reading the rules is a scumtell).

That said, my vote is still on cruelty and will remain so until post #98 is resolved. "I'd vote him if he had less votes on him." <- explain this line of reasoning, and then your subsequent vote on him after it was pointed out by d3x he only had one vote.

@RC: Hopefully, though I like to mix it up. I didn't sound townie for awhile in that PYP II game as power when I got pushed to L-1 remember?

@Zang wagon: While Zang is clearly the easy lynch today, it is borderline policy lynching. I think we have a experienced enough town this game that we can overcome needing to policy lynch a VI. For those happy with their Zang vote (d3x, AGM, RC), is there anyone else that has acted scummy as opposed to just plain stupid/confused?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Budja »

Ok, I just didn't like the cruelty vote for lying. It looks to me like reaching for a suspect, voting someone for lying over not reading the fruit rule is more than a little silly IMO.

That said, his attack on Zang is not weak. I assumed it was part of the "reaching for suspects" feel and I didn't look that closely.

---
kthx wrote:Is it because I am the scummiest person in your eyes, or is it for possibly another motive...pressure for instance.
Bit of both, I thought your stances were contrived but you explained yourself and your comment on Zang was don't as bad as I thought.
unvote

---

I'll post more in a bit I feel a bit more "sane". I don't want to drop the ball on this game.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by cruelty »

Fate wrote: That said, my vote is still on cruelty and will remain so until post #98 is resolved. "I'd vote him if he had less votes on him." <- explain this line of reasoning, and then your subsequent vote on him after it was pointed out by d3x he only had one vote.

I've already addressed this.

I was going by the latest votecount which showed AGM at 4 votes. I didn't bother going through and re-tallying the votes. When d3x pointed out he only had 1 vote on him, I was comfortable with voting him given that there was little to no danger of my vote inadvertently causing a quicklynch to occur.

Actually, now that I look back, I see that I addressed this in the post above your vote for me, so it seems a little strange that you aren't aware of it.
the nexus of the crisis
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Fate »

I read you explanation. I didn't like it.
HowardRoark wrote: With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
If you think he is town and is suspectible to a L-2 quick lynch (yeah I wish scum would suicide themselves like that on D1), why are you voting him at all regardless of what votes he is at?

The only, "he has too many votes on him, otherwise I would vote him" argument I would accept is if he would be hammered by your vote. L-1 is up for debate, I agree that no one has done anything to warrant L-1 yet, but L-2? No reason you can't put him there if he's your suspect.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'd be apt to argue that lying about reading the rules sets a bizarre precedent that isn't trivial but thats a tangent this game doesn't need yet.

Fate and d3x are tech and I approve.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”