Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:10 am

Post by bill1148 »

@ Glork

Is the "Blind" status connected in any way to the anonymous lynch vote on you?

Vote Count:
Eye Drops, anyone?

PranaDevil: 3
(inHimshallibe, Iecerint, bill1148)
dramonic: 2
(bv310, FC Groningen)
Zodiark13: 1
(Glork, Devotress)
Glork: 2
(Zodiark13)
Iecerint: 1
(KDub)
bv310: 1
(wolframnhart)
wolframnhart: 1
(Nautilus)
Chronopie: 1
(WorseExcuse)

Not Voting:

Antifinity
Chronopie
DarkLightA
dramonic
JPSalazar
killa seven
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil

Lynch:

11 votes.

Deadline:

May 2nd - 5:40 PM EST
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Hm, about Ultros- You have to fight him as a boss like 3 or 4 times, and he talks to you a lot during the fights. I'd say that death miller is believable, as the stuff he says makes him seem more mischievous than evil.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Yeesh, you miss one word and apparently you're scum, I had no idea who Ultros was, thus also wasn't going to base anything off a character I hadn't heard of (my FF knowledge is hazy at best, and I've only properly played 7 and 8 anyway).

But it's still flimsy reasoning, it's saying "Dramonic is a lightning based character, thus it was him", erm... considering it seems there's a lot of elemental based stuff (and it's possible there are some bosses used that might use different attacks), that reasoning is flimsy, and thereby not voting based off it unless more can be determined. Yes it's a small lead, no it's not enough to someone solely because of.

Plus, looking back over it, I'm thinking Glork was possibly stretching to the case on Dramonic by piecing it together as he did and ignoring that anyone else could be lightning based, and I'd say he was most likely covering for either himself, or someone else, on the basis of knowing there's more than the one lightning based character (or at least, more than one character who can use a lightning attack), and spotting Dram's claim early on, has seized it.

unvote; vote: Glork
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Glork »

Devotress wrote:@glork, was there any flavour to you being told you were blind, or was it just a basic "you've been made blind"
Yeah, something about black goop being thrown into my face.
bill1148 wrote:@ Glork

Is the "Blind" status connected in any way to the anonymous lynch vote on you?
Read what I've already posted and decide that for yourself. I've already covered what I know about Blind, what I think about Blind, and what I think about the anonymous vote on me.

PranaDevil wrote:Plus, looking back over it, I'm thinking Glork was possibly stretching to the case on Dramonic by piecing it together as he did and ignoring that anyone else could be lightning based, and I'd say he was most likely covering for either himself, or someone else, on the basis of knowing there's more than the one lightning based character (or at least, more than one character who can use a lightning attack), and spotting Dram's claim early on, has seized it.

Two things:
1) Page 1 vote.
2) As soon as Dram pointed out the whole "black tornado" thing, I backed off the flavor connection.

Please reassess your vote and place it somewhere notstupid and nothypocritical. Kthx.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Glork »

By the way, I still want Tidus to claim. I promise that only good things will happen.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Black goop?

Like an ink attack from a squid? or octopus?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Glork »

wolframnhart wrote:Black goop?

Why, yes. That would work. And, in fact, Ultros countered magical attacks by inflicting Blind.

You know what... I'm game.

Unvote
Vote: Iece
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Glork »

There's even a wikia article on fighting Uncle Ulty:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ultr ... tasy_VI%29
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:40 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Glork wrote:

Why, yes. That would work. And, in fact, Ultros countered magical attacks by inflicting Blind.

Unvote
Vote: Iece
Obvious lynch is obvious. Octopus, blind, death miller claim.

Vote: Iecerint
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:37 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Glork wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Plus, looking back over it, I'm thinking Glork was possibly stretching to the case on Dramonic by piecing it together as he did and ignoring that anyone else could be lightning based, and I'd say he was most likely covering for either himself, or someone else, on the basis of knowing there's more than the one lightning based character (or at least, more than one character who can use a lightning attack), and spotting Dram's claim early on, has seized it.

Two things:
1) Page 1 vote.
2) As soon as Dram pointed out the whole "black tornado" thing, I backed off the flavor connection.

Please reassess your vote and place it somewhere notstupid and nothypocritical. Kthx.
Personally, I still think it's a worthy issue to note... however, others with more knowledge of Ultros than I have made some obvious pointers... and as others have said, the vote does appear pretty obvious now. (Although I will point out to all that Glork has said that Ultros counters magical attacks by inflicting blind... I also take it that's Glork admitting to using an ability on Iecerint over the night phase, so it's worth keeping this in mind if Iec gets lynched).

unvote; vote: Iecerint
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Glork »

PranaDevil wrote:I also take it that's Glork admitting to using an ability on Iecerint over the night phase, so it's worth keeping this in mind if Iec gets lynched).
To clarify, I did not target Iece with any abilities. I was merely remarking on Ultros' behavior in the GBA version of FFVI.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Kdub »

Iecerint, can you clarify:
Iecerint wrote:If I die, people will think I'm no good, but that's just because the real baddies haven't shown up yet. I lose my Death Miller curse after at least one "anti-town" player has flipped (counts scum, SK, cult, but not neutral survivors). If I flip simultaneous with an anti-town player before another anti-town player has flipped, I'll still be cursed, though, so watch out! (For example, if scum and me are both killed N0, we'll both flip guilty, but if scum flips guilty N0, I'll no longer be a Death Miller starting D1. If I flip before scum, I'll flip guilty.)
If you die before an anti town player has flipped, then you flip "
Ultros (Mafia)
"?
If you die after an anti town player has flipped, you flip "
Ultros (Death Miller)
"?
Does anything happen if you die first, then an anti town player flips?

I'm just having a tough time seeing this as a legitimate game mechanic. That plus the fact that Ultros is an antagonist plus the ink thing (good catch there, didn't even think about that) makes me uneasy about keeping you alive, especially since you otherwise have no abilities that would be useful to the town.

FoS: Zodiark
, all of his posts have been IIoA except for an OMGUS accusation of Glork, which clearly isn't the case.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Kise »

Votecounts posted. Prods to come Thursday for those who have yet to post.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

Post by DarkLightA »

sure, why not...

Vote: PranaDevil

As good as others.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Buh? You're one, and only, post this entire game, is to just vote me without even attempting to explain why?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 am

Post by dramonic »

@Zodiark: It's a bit premature to assume. Adram is very different depending on the game (see FFTA vs FFXII). Also, any character from, say, FF6-7-8-12 can cast tornado and thundaga.

Unvote

You dont just shoot ink in people's eyes. That's plain rude.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yeesh I'm not even sure if it was iecerint that gooped Glorks eyes, just he's the only one whos char has been claimed that makes sense on that, and that one thing doesn't necessarily make him scum if it is true. The other thing that is a bit odd is the roleclaim itself he gave, a death miller. Flips scum if scum flips with him, but if today we kill a scum he becomes town? Almost sounds third party to me.

Almosts and maybes aren't enough just yet though, i would like to hear more from iecerint, especially with the topic at hand.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Glork »

In FFVI, Ultros really wasn't associated with the plot or main villains or anything. He was just kind of another guy you fought.

I could see it as a really gutsy, early claim by an SK. I don't know if the person who targeted me knows what was going to happen, or if there would be associated flavor, but the black sludge flavor fits well enough with Ultros that I think I'm willing to take this chance.

Mostly, I want to see if Iece. It'll be interesting to see if he denies knowledge of my Blinding altogether, or if he goes "oh yeah, I have some abilities, too."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I gotta agree that shooting ink in people's eyes is really rude, but I'm not sure which way to place a vote just yet. For the record, it isn't because I'm not suspicious, it's because I'm trying to weigh down enough evidence. I think more along the lines of a flow chart than anything else. If anyone wants to present some arguments to help me understand their rationale behind the votes, it'd be appreciated. It's always a bit of a rough patch trying to guess who might be scum, only because you're not able to look someone in the face and see if they're faces twitches or something.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

Post by JPSalazar »

EDIT: face, but I don't think anyone's a ridiculous word usage/typo nazi.

(:: Watches as all the votes turn around just because of a typo. :: )
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Nautilius »

WorstExcuse wrote: You know your hydra never posts when:

The lurker of the two decide to post.
Yeah. This.

Unfortunately, I'm not really all too indoctorinated in Square Enix flavor, so I'm really unsure where I might find a place in all of this NK speculation. I do, however, remember Uncle Ultros and his obsession with the Blind status, so that, combined with the odd death miller claim, is definitely cause for criticism.

PranaDevil had a scummy attack on Glork, then hopped to Iec while setting himself for a vote back to Glork.

Meh+Rawr, why do you find Death Miller claims scummy?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Chronopie »

It's possible that he's Cursed-death-miller-with vote-block-ability Uncle Ulty...

But No cause to use it N0

that's 5/11
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

My role PM does not specify the text that will appear when I die. My speculation is that I will flip "scum" or something if scum have yet to flip, and I will flip "Protagonist" thereafter.

I currently have no abilities apart from passive, temporary DM status. (Were I ever tracked successfully, that would indicate my guilt.) I've certainly noticed Glork's mod-confirmed Blind status, but it had nothing to do with me. I see the logic in the set-up speculation that I am more likely to be an SK than proper scum; however, you'd think I'd get on with it and kill someone N0 since we have evidence that killing roles could kill N0. I suppose it's possible that I could be an SK who targets 2 players each night, but that starts to be outside the normal.

Note that Prana has something odd going on upstairs:
Then Pran votes Glork.
Glork wrote:

Then Glork votes me.
PranaDevil wrote:Personally, I still think it's a worthy issue to note... however, others with more knowledge of Ultros than I have made some obvious pointers... and as others have said, the vote does appear pretty obvious now. (Although I will point out to all that Glork has said that Ultros counters magical attacks by inflicting blind... I also take it that's Glork admitting to using an ability on Iecerint over the night phase, so it's worth keeping this in mind if Iec gets lynched).
Then Pran votes me. So, he suspects Glork for inappropriately using flavor against dram, and then he votes me when other players basically do the same thing. Spooky, right?
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Unrelated to Iecerint's post, after reading and catching up on everything, I'm having a hard time following PranaDevil's thought process throughout the board. It's all over the place, from where I'm reading.

Still don't have enough to make me think anyone's scum yet...BUT...

FoS: PranaDevil

I don't understand your thought process, it's not linear. If you can explain it all out, I'll listen.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by dramonic »

Quite so
They're are quite a few other options. You could, say, be something else and have an ultros fakeclaim. Or be a completely different role with a completely different goal.
Also, whoever said this was sposed to be normal?

Iece, if you are water-attribute please claim it.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”