Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Jack »

malthusis wrote:
While the rest of the group talks about Fate's death and try to figure out who he might have been, you sneak away from the rest and start sifting through his belongings. During your search, you find two items of extreme importance. The first is an incredibly detailed dossier talking about the one who calls himself UK. To prevent this from being used by the wrong people, you take a quick read through all the important bits and cross out any parts identifying the person in detail. You also find a few notes about recent conversations with UK. You deduce that Fate must have been talking to UK, and make a mental note to chat with him later......

The second seems to be a hypodermic needle. It seems to contain some sort of tranquilizing fluid. You silently slip into your pocket when no one is looking, and go and ponder this new information........

You have new abilities!

Passive Abilities:
Mason: You are a mason with UncertainKitten, Andrew Laeddis (from Shutter Island). However, In his delusional state, he thinks he is back in WWII and is Captain John H. Miller (from Saving Private Ryan). Without access to medication, he is extremely unstable and may go truly insane if you tell him what the truth is, so be extremely cautious.

Mason Communication: You may day-talk here http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/YwrwQFrBVKt.

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot]Tranquilizer: At night, you may RB one person with the medications you have on you.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Even if Fate had a PM, the fact you implied he shouldn't tell me was pretty fucking terrible.

So, in other news, llama!

YOU HAVE EARNED A JIMANGU SLAP!

TO YOU, SOCIO!

TWO JIMANG SLAPS! AND A FACEPALM GIF!

ImageImage

TO EVERYONE WITH DIAL UP WHO WILL HATE ME FOR POSTING FOUR ANIMATED GIFS ON A PAGE! FUCK YOU TOO, GET WITH THE FUTURE!

but, hey, at least I called the set up a bit :V.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Jack »

UncertainKitten wrote: Jack, I REALLY wish you had fucking TOLD me my kills didn't work. It would have been REALLY helpful!
Your character would have gone insane if I told you the truth! Instead you went insane because I didn't :p
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Yep. But, essentially, that just makes Malt a dick mod. Not a bastard mod. A complete dick mod. I discussed this earlier.

LYING TO THE PLAYERS IS NEVER FUCKING COOL.

Prevaricating is awesome. I am all for prevarication. But lying? BULLSHIT PLOY THAR.

I am about 90% sure that my player-mod relationship with malt is over. He's free to play in my games if he's likes, I guess.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Also, seriously, the llama lynch was stupid. I only supported it because I let myself get stupid on CMAR dayvig.

But seriously? I fucking TOLD all of you he was the next best thing to confirmed town.

Though, I think my reasoning was slightly off :V.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Jack »

What was that about llama giving cmar a dayvig? Because if he did he should have claimed that...

Someone gave me a power too, that was him I guess? Confusing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Welp, I'm an idiot.

I replace in, figure out who the third party targeting me is, lynch scum, and fix Socio's plan where it DOESN'T make us lose...

...and then I get myself modkilled.

Whee!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Fate »

Nacho lost us the game.
During another regular day of work at the Ashecliffe mental facility on Shutter Island, you go meet your current patient, Andrew Laeddis. You have worked with him for a 2 years, yet he is still the same delusional man he was when he got there due to him utterly shutting out reality in an attempt to shield himself from all the horrible things he has done and seen. While you are taking him out of his cell to the cafeteria, a huge storm whips up and a torrent of rain starts pouring down. Your patient, imagining he is still in the war, thinks it is artillery fire and advises you to hide in the cemetery nearby. After waiting out the storm, you come out of the building in a strange new place....

You are Dr. Shien, Mason (from Shutter Island). Your abilities are:

Passive Abilities:
Mason: You are a mason with UncertainKitten, Andrew Laeddis (from Shutter Island). However, In his delusional state, he thinks he is back in WWII and is Captain John H. Miller (from Saving Private Ryan) and that you are his friend Private FC James Francis Ryan (from Saving Private Ryan). Without access to medication, he is extremely unstable and may go truly insane if you tell him what the truth is, so be extremely cautious.

Mason Communication: You may day-talk here http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/YwrwQFrBVKt.

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot]Tranquilizer: At night, you may RB one person with the medications you have on you.

Win Condition: You win when pro-town forces are the only ones left.
I PM'D Malt pre-game about what the hell was up with me needing to Roleplay, and he said "its more than just flavor" so I rolled with it.

Did Llama ever claim his actions?

Did CMAR claim gaining his dayvig N? with his full claim? NO.

Insta-lynch material.

UK I might've hinted to you your shots weren't going to work if I had lived past D1...

Why was I killed again xvart?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Jack »

I think I hinted that her shots
would
work. I was arguing for her to kill navy instead of CJ. But I was a bit confused about it myself, since I read the pm but saw that UK was sure she had it.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Ok, you see, it might even have been acceptable as the PMs were. But malt directly TELLING YOU IT'S NOT JUST FLAVOR?

Sorry, I call bullshit.

Well, let me rephrase that. If something WOULD have happened, then it's not as bullshit. But if it was just for your lulz? Just no.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:Ah. Yeah, fuck you Malt.

Fuck you malt, forever.
This.

I stared at this game for over an hour with the thread being locked.

Then I go away, and everything happens.

Not that it matters.

I was somehow SILENCED.
FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Hate me all you want for claiming scum though, UK.

You know how hard it is for a claimed DOC to survive a night?

I contructed that rolePM all myself.
Obviously I was silenced because the mod knew that the truth would come out and I would obviously say I wasn't scum.

GUESS WHAT.
READ THE ROLE.
I breadcrumbed in it that it wasn't real.
Reread the flavor text.
Read the first letter of every sentence in the flavor.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Hilarious part is? I still had a feeling you were fakeclaiming. Honestly, as you saw, I was willing to give you a chance (and forgot about the silence, unfortunately). But yeah.

Still, no, claiming scum is pretty fucking bad, especially when your survival was actually not that fucking helpful.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Jack »

If he'd gotten a successful protect it would have been game winning.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:Still, no, claiming scum is pretty fucking bad, especially when your survival was actually not that fucking helpful.
I was a doctor, if I am not the target, I have a chance at blocking the kill.

Or that scum would have not killed, because of my scumclaim.

The goal wasn't to keep myself alive, it was a 4 player start of the day.
Which wouldn't have meant an instant loss when CMAR pulled the trigger.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, I see that now actually. Fair enough. Your punishment is reduced to one jimang slap and a facepalm. Since your plan was still bad not accounting for CMAR as much as it should.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:Since your plan was still bad not accounting for CMAR as much as it should.
Really, if you think about it, it was down to:

Outguessing the mod for scum having a late game daykill

or

Outguessing the mod with the term "mason"

Even in your QT you SAID there was no confirmedness.

4 players today, with CMAR shooting you...you popping up NOT as your role, but as a crazy, really would have changed the endgame entirely.

All I can say is:

FUCKING MODKILL.

RESET VOTECOUNTS.

YOU CANNOT HAVE A MODKILLABLE OFFENSE,
AND THEN NOTHING DONE,
AND THEN THE TOWN LYNCH SOMEONE,
AND THEN AFTERWORDS ACT LIKE THEY HAPPENED AT THE SAME TIME.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree with SocioPath2 about modkills.

And yeah, honestly, that was a hard endgame, I don't think any plan would have fully covered it.

How about I just defer your punishment to Malt and Nacho and call it a night?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:And, no, xvart, I am just conceited. Turns out I was right again this game though. Even in lylo I got shot, not lynched :P
lol. I actually considered that at first, based on our previous game together.

Well done CMAR. I knew what you were going for but didn't know about your motivated dayvig so I was like WTF are you doing claiming vig?!

I was so pissed that I got roleblocked. What happened was I got confused with all the flaking partners I had and didn't review the QT and put the kill in. I was surprised that nobody commented on the fact that the godfather was submitting the kills. I thought for sure my team was sunk was I was lynched.

And UK, thanks for the props on the fake claim. I was hoping to create some confusion if people started unvoting me and put some WIFOM on those that unvoted.

I like games like this and was pretty upset that I got lynched. That was the first time I've actually been lynched...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:How about I just defer your punishment to Malt and Nacho and call it a night?
Sure.
And with your death, the game would have been blown wide open. :?

Nacho dying wasn't the worst part, it was the fact that what caused it happened before any votes were dropped.
And yet we were all punished.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by malthusis »

@SP: Llama yet again kicked the town hard in the butt. Remember the fact about the Global Motivate? CMAR used his one-shot silencing type ability to shut you up (My thinking is that that was to prevent you from explaining your fakeclaim). He sent it in to activate at the start of the day and I had to go away from the computer, so I had to delay the start of the day until I could write the silencing up.

@UK: I'm honestly sorry that my role has mad you so mad. I got my setup reviewed and Tar found nothing wrong with it (I think I even specifically asked him whether I could do more with it) so I thought it was good for the game.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by malthusis »

@SP: Llama yet again kicked the town hard in the butt. Remember the fact about the Global Motivate? CMAR used his one-shot silencing type ability to shut you up (My thinking is that that was to prevent you from explaining your fakeclaim). He sent it in to activate at the start of the day and I had to go away from the computer, so I had to delay the start of the day until I could write the silencing up.

@UK: I'm honestly sorry that my role has mad you so mad. I got my setup reviewed and Tar found nothing wrong with it (I think I even specifically asked him whether I could do more with it) so I thought it was good for the game.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by malthusis »

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Twomz »

Sorry I act so scummy when town, it's just my nature.

Gg... a little confusing, but w/e.

Also, Malt, what abilities would I have remembered? Or were you just messing with me?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

BTW, this was my original fake claim that I had tweaked:
After losing your friend many years ago, you have wandered the world, selling your self out as a mercenary to the highest bidder. However, after getting stabbed in the back by your former employer (Kefka), you decided to have revenge on him and joined a motley band of adventures to get pay back. All these reasons run through your head as you stand in a crumbling tower, wondering what you have to live for. Finally, you decide to join your friend in the afterlife, and you decide to wait as the tower crumbles around you.......

But when your eyes open, an extremely different scene then what you are expecting unfolds before your eyes....

You are
Shadow
, Ninja (from Final Fantasy VI). Your Abilities are:

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot][Day]Assassinate: During the day, you may send me a PM of a name of a person. That person will be killed.

Special Abilities:
Hide: During the night, you may decide to hide. If you do, all abilities targeting you are negated. If you do this, you may not use Assassinate during the following day.

[/quote]

One I used of course:
After losing your friend many years ago, you have wandered the world, selling your self out as a mercenary to the highest bidder. However, after getting stabbed in the back by your former employer (Kefka), you decided to have revenge on him and joined a motley band of adventures to get pay back. All these reasons run through your head as you stand in a crumbling tower, wondering what you have to live for. Finally, you decide to join your friend in the afterlife, and you decide to wait as the tower crumbles around you.......

But when your eyes open, an extremely different scene then what you are expecting unfolds before your eyes....

You are
Shadow
, Ninja (from Final Fantasy VI). Your Abilities are:

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot][Day]Assassinate: During the day, you may send me a PM of a name of a person. That person will be killed.

Special Abilities:
Hide: During the night, you may decide to hide behind another player. If you do, all abilities targeting you are negated unless the player you hide behind is targeted and killed that same night in which case you will die too. If you do this, you may not use Assassinate during the following day.

ACTUAL ROLE PM:
malthusis wrote:Sorry, I've been busy lately. Here it is:
While lazily waiting around in the Shinigami realm, you decide to go to go kill a person in the human world out of sheer boredom. When you look through the portal to the civilized world however, you see a kaleidoscope of colors shimmering before you. You decide to step in and meet a diverse cast of strangers, dazed from coming here. One seems to catch your eye, and you pull him over to talk to him. He mentions something about taking over this dimension and bored, you decide to help him out. Together, you plan to eliminate all of these strangers, and take in the glory of this dimension for yourselves!

You are
Ryuk, Bulletproof Mafiate
(from Death Note). Your abilities are:

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot][Day]Scare:You may scare someone during the day. This person will only be able to post Vote:XXX and FoS:XXXXX for the rest of the day.

Passive Abilities:
Bulletproof: You are totally bulletproof. No regular kill will work on you.

Factional Abilities:
Mafia: You are in a 2 man mafia team with xvart, Cobra Commander, Godfather (from G.I. Joe). You may talk with him at this link:http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/6HQNmSJ4scU.
Mafia Kill: Each night, either you or your partner may kill another player. If you perform the kill, it will show up as died from unknown causes

Win Condition: You win when you and your partner are the only ones left, or nothing can stop this from happening.

As well, you got this on N2:

While pondering the day's events and wondering where your Death Note disappeared to while coming to this dimension, you hear some odd music emanating from somewhere. You don't really pay it any attention and go back to pondering (and hoping that you can find an apple somewhere). Suddenly, you realize something extremely important. You dig through your pockets and find a scrap of the Death Note torn in your pocket. It's only big enough for one name, but it will certainly come in handy......

You have new abilities!

Special Abilities:
[One-Shot][Day] Death Note: Anytime during the day, you may send me a name. That person will die immediately (barring Bullet-proofs).

Before Kaiyruu had left, he had sent some information for a fake Role PM. I will get this info to you before day breaks.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am

Post by xvart »

malthusis wrote:Actually UK, you can thank Llama for that. He motivated BOTH scum and gave CMAR a free day kill :D
When did I get motivated? Did it fail on me?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”