malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 am

Post by malthusis »

N1 Actions:
Cobalt attacks Pittbunny (Fails, due to M.C)
NavyCherub M.C's Cobalt (Success)
Llama motivates xvart (Extra RB)
UK shoots CJMiller (Blank Shot)
Mafia Jason kills Fate (Success)
SP protects Cobalt (Success)

N2 Actions
Nachomamma6 mentally attacks NavyCherub (Success)
NavyCherub (NavyCherub still didn't have an action in late into the night, and Nacho had killed him anyways, so I went ahead with start of day.)
Llama motivates Kairyuu(1-shot day-kill)
UK shoots NavyCherub (Blank Shot)
SP protects Kairyuu (Success)
Jack blocks xvart (Success)
Pittbunny revives (Success)
Mafia xvart kills UK (Blocked)

N3 Actions
Llama motivates Jack (Re-specialization)
SP protects Jack (Success)
Mafia CMAR kills Nachomamma6 (Failure due to BP)
CMAR requests Role PM: Shadow (from Final Fantasy VI), 1-shot day vig and hider.
Pitt smites Llama (Failure)

N4 Actions:
SP protects Nachomamma6 (Success)
Mafia CMAR kills Jack (Success)

N5 Actions:
Mafia CMAR kills CJMiller (Success)
SP protects CMAR (Success)

D5 Actions:
CMAR scares SP (Success)
CMAR kills UK (Success)
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:38 am

Post by SocioPath »

Also worth noting is UK's
'CMAR'S SHOT DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING'
and yet
'LLAMA IS TOWN CAUSE HE PROVED HIS ROLE'
:P

Who actually took advantage of the multiple actions?
...ohthatsrightscum.

OPT OUT x100

Also N3/N4 make me sad.

I did not get a single successful protect.
And I didn't confirm town either as I thought.
:cry:
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Also, I might add that massclaims rarely help in games like this.

Just sayin'...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:05 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@SP: Remember, my argument was that there was one scum left, and that Llama wouldn't have both a motivate and a roleblock. That said, I was assuming my kill was blocked. So that was my logic fail.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:59 am

Post by SocioPath »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Also, I might add that massclaims rarely help in games like this.

Just sayin'...
This would mean more coming from someone who didn't change the endgame by being modkilled. :P

Especially when this was the rosetta stone:
malthusis wrote:
UncertainKitten, Andrew Laeddis, Insane Mason Vig (from Shutter Island)
collapsed on Day 5.
and wasn't discovered until too late due to modkill.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:29 am

Post by malthusis »

Here are the Role PM's:

Note: If any player got motivated, they get the ability below the PM. Motivates can only affect a player once.

One of your Traveling portals messed up, and dumped you in here. As soon as you met the other stranded strangers, you felt something very dark emanating from one of them. You couldn't tell exactly which one it was, but you realize the Dark One(or part of him) from your world resides here. You have to do anything you can to stop the danger to this reality and yours, no matter what......

You are
Rand al'Thor
, Champion Against the Dark One(from The Wheel of Time). Your abilities are:

Inside Knowledge: You know that there is a anti-town player who is highly resistant to kills and lynching in this game. They know you are here against them, so it may not be a good idea to talk about this information.

Triggered Abilities:
Desperate Strike: If you are killed at any time during the game(lynches do not count), you immediately get one free kill attempt with Balefire Strike.

Passive Abilities:
Shield of Saidan: You are immune to all kills but ones from the Dark One's Champion.

Active Abilities:
Balefire Strike: You may target one person every night. If they are the Dark One's Champion, the are killed. This bypasses all kill immunities, doctor protections, etc.

Win Condition: You win when pro-town forces are the only ones left.
Motivate Notes: No effect.
As soon as you entered this dimension, you could recognize that beings bigger then the Integrated Dimension Entity reside this temporal plane. One of them approached you with an offer you couldn't refuse: help it to take out the travelers it warped in to protect itself, and you could jointly rule the multiverse with the power hidden inside this plane. You accepted it's deal eagerly, and it told you as much info about these travellers as it could. It grins evilly as it disappears, leaving you in front of a motley group of people....

You are
Yuki Nagato
, The Dark One's Champion(from The Melancholy of Harhui Suzumiya). Your abilities are:

Inside Information: You realize that someone knows of your existence and immunities. Your powers are limited until they are dead.

Fakeclaim Information: You know that Jesus Christ, Son of the Creator is not in this game. If you send me a role name and abilities at night, I will make a fake Role PM for you.

Triggered Abilities:
[One-Shot]Repair Data Integrity: If you are lynched, you will rise up 2 days later (i.e If you get lynched D1, you will come back up D3)

Passive Abilities:
Invulnerable: You may not be killed except by your enemy's night kill method.

Active Abilities:
Unholy Smite: You may ask your master to check into one person every night. If that person is your enemy, they will be killed.

Win Condition: You win if you make up 50% of the town and your adversary is dead.
Motivate Notes: No effect.
While finishing off the last of Ominous and Erasmus's forces left in the galaxy, you stumble upon a huge battleship owned by the robots. After making sure there is no one on board, you and a boarding crew board the drifting hulk. While you are exploring, however, the self-defence systems activate, making turrets pop out of everywhere and start gunning for everyone on board. While trying to escape from this menace, you hide in a room with an oddly shaped doorway with a control panel beside it. Hearing the sentry drones coming closer, you randomly mash the buttons and a portal crackles to life in the doorway, which you hop through. After a huge flash of light, you suddenly find yourself in a brand-new world.....

You are
Serena Butler
, Beloved Martyr(from the Battle of Corin/The Butlerian Jihad). Your Abilites are:

Triggered Abilities:
Master of Martyrdom: If you die at night due to any non-town kills, the nest day will have 2 lynches in it due to the town steadfastly trying to root out scum in your name. (You are technically a reverse Beloved Princess.)

Motivate Notes: If ability activates, can also choose a person to have additional vote for the rest of the game.
You have been traveling time and space for what seems like forever. While looking for another place to go to, you have a strange urge to go into a dimensional hole in front of you. You go into it, and end up in one of the more stranger dimensions you've been in. Suddenly, you notice a group of strangers just a few meters away. You suddenly realize that they would make good pawns to help you in your dimensional travels......

You are
Tarhalindur, Master of Mind Screw(from Real Life)
. Your Abilities are:

Fakeclaim Information: You know that H.P Lovecraft, Horror Author is not in this game. If you send me a role name and abilities at night., I can make a Role PM for you.

Passive Abilities:
Knowledge of the Dimensions: You can use the alternate reality you are in to protect you from 1 kill attempt. You WILL be notified if someone shoots at you.

Factional Abilities:
Mind Control: Every night, you may control the mind of a player. This player cannot use abilities till the attack stops (i.e You are dead) and will count towards your win condition. They will however, have the chance to pick one person to mentally counterattack at any night. If they pick you, you (and all your recruits) die. If they pick someone else, they will join your side as a cultist. All cultists know the identity of you only, and you cannot night-talk with them. As well, if you die, any cultists will die with you.

Win Condition: You win if you and your cultist/people under attack are over 50% of the town.
Motivate Notes: Gains a additional BP protection.
One day, you wake up in a very creepy area, where up is down and red is green, with no memories whatsoever besides your name (Chrono). After wandering aimlessly for a few hours, you find yourself in the midst of a group of strange people also stuck in the predicament you are in. Hoping you can find some clue of who you are, you try to help them in any way you can.

You are
Chrono, Amnesiac Townie
(from Chrono Trigger).

You have no abilities! (That you can remember....)

Motivate Notes: 1-shot global roleblock.
During a normal day of being the Elite Beat Agents, you get a call of help from a university that was in chaos due to a failed science experiment. Once you get there, you see people running and screaming trying to get away from a huge black hole in the middle of campus that seems to be getting bigger and bigger every second. Before you can get your funky beats going, you get sucked into a portal, dropping yourself into a new dimension. The process seemed to fuse all 3 of you into one body, but you can still use your moves to motivate people (and a lot of people need some motivation right now :D).....

You are
The Elite Beat Agents
, Townie Motivator (From Elite Beat Agents) Your abilities are:

Active Abilities:
Motivate: Every night, you may use your awe-inspiring, feel-good beats to empower any one player. (This may give them new powers, or improve the ones they have.)

Special Abilities:
[One-Shot][Active][Day]Global Motivate: During the day, you may attempt to allow every single player to use 2 actions every night (you can still only use one factional ability a day).

Win Condition: You win if pro-town forces are the only ones left.
After successfully removing the threat of GUILT (twice!) you decide to take a vacation in the Bahamas. On a hunch, you decide to to bring some surgical equipment with you(you never know if someone could get hurt...).During the flight, you hear a wooshing sound and look back to see a huge tear in the plane. Before you can even think why this is happening, the plane just rips in half. As a result of the pressure loss, you get sucked out of the plane, and get knocked out after hitting your head on part of the fuselage. When you wake up, you find yourself in a weird a new area (with your suitcase full of supplies) with a ton of other disoriented people. Maybe your surgery skills can come in handy in here....

You are
Derek Stiles
, Townie Doctor (from Trauma Center: Under the Knife). Your abilities are:

Active Abilities:
Surgery: You may target a person, preventing that person from dieing due to a kill.

Motivate Notes:After all night actions come in but before night ends, this person is informed who dies and and may choose to protect them (1-shot).
On the way to the New World (America), to claim land for the glorious Spanish Empire, your ship runs into a huge hurricane. The galleon you are on starts get ripped to shreds by the ravaging winds, and you run to grab one of the few lifeboats stored upon the ship in the dark night. You are able to launch the boat off the ship and hang on for your life. When the storm finally dissipates, you find yourself in a New World (albeit not the one you were suspecting)...

You are a
Free Colonist, Universal Backup
(from Colonization). Your abilities are:

Passive Abilities:
Specialization:After the first town-aligned player is killed, you gain all their abilities.

Motivate Notes: May trade in abilities for a new set of abilities from any town player who is dead.
While lazily waiting around in the Shinigami realm, you decide to go to go kill a person in the human world out of sheer boredom. When you look through the portal to the civilized world however, you see a kaleidoscope of colors shimmering before you. You decide to step in and meet a diverse cast of strangers, dazed from coming here. One seems to catch your eye, and you pull him over to talk to him. He mentions something about taking over this dimension and bored, you decide to help him out. Together, you plan to eliminate all of these strangers, and take in the glory of this dimension for yourselves!

You are
Ryuk, Bulletproof Mafiate
(from Death Note). Your abilities are:

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot][Day]Scare:You may scare someone during the day. This person will only be able to post
Vote:XXX
and
FoS:XXXXX
for the rest of the day.

Passive Abilities:
Bulletproof: You are totally bulletproof. No regular kill will work on you.

Factional Abilities:
Mafia: You are in a 2 man mafia team with XXXXX, Cobra Commander, Godfather (from G.I. Joe). You may talk with him at this link:XXXXX.
Mafia Kill: Each night, either you or your partner may kill another player. If you perform the kill, it will show up as
died from unknown causes

Win Condition: You win when you and your partner are the only ones left, or nothing can stop this from happening.
Motivate Notes: Gets free day-kill.
While pondering what your next plan to take over the world is in your base, one of your and R&D team comes over to tell you about a problem in the labs. Apparently, while making a new weapon they inadvertently opened a wormhole to somewhere. Claiming it in the name of the Cobra Command, you take a squad of soldiers through the portal, but you find yourself alone in front of a group of strangers. One of the more odd looking ones pulls you over to the side an talks with you for a while. He agrees to help you take out the rest of these fools and claim this dimension for your empire. You silently walk back to the group, contemplating what you should do next.....

You are
Cobra Commander, Godfather
(from G.I. Joe). Your abilities are:

Factional Abilities:
Mafia: You are in a 2 man mafia team with XXXXX, Ryuk, Bulletproof Mafiate (from Death Note). You may talk with him at this link:XXXXX.
Mafia Kill: Each night, either you or your partner may kill another player. If you perform the kill, it will show up as
died from poisoning.

Passive Abilities:
Godfather:You show up as town in investigations.

Win Condition: You win when you and your partner are the only ones left, or nothing can stop this.
Motivate Notes: Gains 1-Shot RB.
During another regular day of work at the Ashecliffe mental facility on Shutter Island, you go meet your current patient, Andrew Laeddis. You have worked with him for a 2 years, yet he is still the same delusional man he was when he got there due to him utterly shutting out reality in an attempt to shield himself from all the horrible things he has done and seen. While you are taking him out of his cell to the cafeteria, a huge storm whips up and a torrent of rain starts pouring down. Your patient, imagining he is still in the war, thinks it is artillery fire and advises you to hide in the cemetery nearby. After waiting out the storm, you come out of the building in a strange new place....

You are
Dr. Shien, Mason
(from Shutter Island). Your abilities are:

Passive Abilities:
Mason: You are a mason with XXXXXX, Andrew Laeddis (from Shutter Island). However, In his delusional state, he thinks he is back in WWII and is Captain John H. Miller (from Saving Private Ryan) and that you are his friend Private FC James Francis Ryan (from Saving Private Ryan). Without access to medication, he is extremely unstable and may go truly insane if you tell him what the truth is, so be extremely cautious.

Mason Communication: You may day-talk here XXXXXXXX.

Active Abilities:
[One-Shot]Tranquilizer: At night, you may RB one person with the medications you have on you.

Motivate Notes: Gains an additional RB.
After barely getting your friend Private Ryan behind some cover, you see a hail of grenades go over the wall you are hiding behind. You yell at Ryan to run while you heroically jump over the grenades. After a huge explosion and a flash of white light, you find yourself in what you think to be heaven, but suddenly you see Ryan just a few meters away. After talking about why the hell you are here, you see a group of people in a big commotion. Hurridly, you run over to see what the commotion is about....

You are
Captain John H. Miller, Town Vigilante
(from Saving Private Ryan). Your abilities are:

Passive Abilities:
Mason: You are a mason with XXXXX, Private FC James Francis Ryan (from Saving Private Ryan).
Mason Communication: You may day-talk here: XXXXXXX

Active Abilities:
[2-Shot]Snipe: You still have you your rifle with you, and it has 2 bullets left. You may target a player at night and kill them.

Win Condition:You win when pro-town forces are the only ones left.
Mod Notes: Is actually Andrew Laeddis, Insane Mason Vig (from Shutter Island All his shots are blanks. If his partner mentions about his true past, he becomes a lyncher which tries to take his former partner out.

Motivate Notes:Is told shots are blank and is given a 1-shot day kill.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:34 am

Meh...I'll PROBABLY give you one more chance but I'm still sour over those shenanigans and hope I don't see something so ridiculous in the future.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Ooh, an heir role.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

dammit, I gave scum the daykill... I feel like a moron. UK, this is one case where you are right: I really did deserve that jimangu slap. D: Sorry.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Actually, no, I take that back:
Dammit, everything I did in this game.

I don't quite understand how, but I get the feeling UK was right. I'mma gonna look into that as soon as I have time.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by SocioPath »

The only shenanigans I take issue with from a game perspective, is the modkill/lynch handling.
(And maybe the 2 (3?...4?) different scum sides. Easy to ignore because they weren't a real issue.
But seriously...mafia...cult...pseudolyncherSK...lyncher...etc...town didn't have much of a chance.)

Everything else was the town fuuuuuuuuuucking the town.

I could make a list every how every town player doomed us.

Whether its blatantly encouraging lies (UK should be pissed at her buddies more than the mod :P), or wasting several days of lynches because of passiveness.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Jack »

Nah. Didn't CMAR act like he'd always had the daykill and llama didn't call him on it? We crushed the mafia over the first 4 days and should have had an almost perfect victory.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Fate »

What Jack said.

Socio I'd like to hear how Jack and I fucked town over because we were pretty obv MVPs hence why we were NKed
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Jack wrote:Nah. Didn't CMAR act like he'd always had the daykill and llama didn't call him on it? We crushed the mafia over the first 4 days and should have had an almost perfect victory.
Yeah, after I posted my fake claim, I saw this, and especially after Llama's claim, I thought I was done.
Player of the Game: CMAR :)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Twomz »

So, the only way to become untownied was to get motivated?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:06 am

@llama: Nah, I was being way too hard on you. I compared you to CJ fucking Miller. That's something NO ONE deserves. Course, you did mistarget pretty badly. It happens though. The role speculation was also bad, even if I was softclaiming hard. But overall, you could have done a lot worse and you were trying. Really, trying is all I can ask for.

@Socio: They HAD to lie to be because Lovely Malt set it up so being told my situation would make me a lyncher, yet ANOTHER third party. Which makes the role all around terrible. I really hope malt doesn't do anything similarly stupid in the future.

I do find it hilarious both my mason buddies got killed relatively quickly.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:16 am

Post by SocioPath »

Fate wrote:What Jack said.

Socio I'd like to hear how Jack and I fucked town over because we were pretty obv MVPs hence why we were NKed
UncertainKitten wrote:@Socio: They HAD to lie to be because Lovely Malt set it up so being told my situation would make me a lyncher, yet ANOTHER third party.
There is a difference between not telling you...and what they did.
Also leaving out an important factor: you figuring it out AFTER they were already dead.
And no where does it say that anything happens if you figure out your gun doesn't work.
Not to hard even in the overtly unneeded tone of text used:
"SOLDIER, I THINK YOU OUT OF BULLETS."

Besides Fate/Jack didn't know you would turn into a lyncher.
And as a lyncher you would have likely won anyways. :P

If they DID tell you, and you became a lyncher, that would have completely changed the endgame entirely. :P

In fact, the WHOLE ISSUES with the endgame was UK vs. CJ.
It revolved around THAT.

GOOD JOB COSTING US THE GAME. :lol:
But no, UK gets angry at everyone else. :P
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:20 am

SP once again brings up compelling points. Fate, Jack, you dicks, why didn't you imply I was out of bullets and hoped I figured out the rest >=[!

Nah, actually, I kinda am having trouble getting super angry at people anymore. Must have spent my rage this morning.

And yeah, I probably would have won as a lyncher. Non hostile third party tends to end well for me ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Jack »

I figured something would happen.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:41 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Jack wrote:
I figured something would happen.
But yeah, you shouldn't have lead him on and made him think his shots would work without doubt. But it worked :)
Looking back, town clearly should have left Llama alive and told him to empower the doctor (SP), but the plan worked for me :)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:59 am

Post by MeMe »