yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Also, massclaim was anti-Town. If that wasn't a Doctor, the two kills would've almost assuredly wiped out all the Town's power. And considering how the scumhunting itself only nailed one scum, well... yeah.

I still think it's inadvisable,
especially
with two killers, not the other way around. It saved a mislynch, though, I have to admit.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Azelf »

Pie_is_good wrote:My behind-the-scenes: I spent days 1 and 2 gearing up for a doctor fakeclaim; I was trying to act scumhunty yet submissive. My first post of day 2 (ISO 4) spells out "saved sandman" if you take the first letter of each sentence. I aborted the plan at the last minute because I was in a pretty good spot (I was feeling pretty good when Paltry and I were the consensus for last two to claim) and I thought my odds of losing the doctor-duel to Jalyn or getting myself offed by the SK outweighed the positive of having a power role claim to my name.
And that made me realize I forgot to ban cryptography. OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Azelf: Who did Jalyn protect Night 2? I was hoping it was me as I was definitely worried about being killed.
Pie_is_good wrote:At this point, I almost have to push massclaim or people will scream meta.
I like how I don't really have a reputation (that I know of).
yabbaguy wrote:I should've killed Paltry, bottom line.
:twisted:
Actually, Jalyn protected Thief night 2.
yabbaguy wrote:Also, massclaim was anti-Town. If that wasn't a Doctor, the two kills would've almost assuredly wiped out all the Town's power. And considering how the scumhunting itself only nailed one scum, well... yeah.

I still think it's inadvisable,
especially
with two killers, not the other way around. It saved a mislynch, though, I have to admit.
This.

Anyways, thanks for your appreciation; the whole replacement thing was pretty annoying, but fortunately, the community was always pretty quick to volunteer.
This space is empty. Like the average Vanilla Townie's brain.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:01 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I permit Pie's brand of cryptography in my games, as it's detectable. Blatantly up and using one of those obnoxious cipher websites which you need a passkey to decode is... blatantly illegal.

Can we see the whole list of actions? I'm really stumped who Pie swung for as Blocker N2 considering a Tracker claim was on the table. An SK suspect?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Pie didn't target anyone Night 2. He didn't get the night action in.

Just a note: Mafia didn't get to decide who sent in the kill.
Night 1: Chevre
Night 2: Me
Night 3: Pie (as well as a roleblock of you, yabba)
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Azelf »

Sure, I'll have it.

Thief TRACKED Deer NIGHT 1

Red Star WAS ROLEBLOCKED PROTECTING yabbaguy NIGHT 1

yabbaguy KILLED Empking NIGHT 1

Chevre KILLED RealityFan NIGHT 1

Pie_is_good ROLEBLOCKED Red Star NIGHT 1

Thief TRACKED ZeroFang NIGHT 2

Jalyn PROTECTED Thief NIGHT 2

yabbaguy KILLED Unsight NIGHT 2

PaltryExcuse KILLED Jalyn NIGHT 2

Pie_is_good FAILED TO SEND IN A ROLEBLOCK for NIGHT 2

Thief TRACKED Pie_is_good NIGHT 3

yabbaguy WAS ROLEBLOCKED KILLING Thief NIGHT 3

Pie_is_good KILLED Thief NIGHT 3

Pie_is_good ROLEBLOCKED yabbaguy NIGHT 3
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:18 am

Post by yabbaguy »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Good choice N1 though- clearly fate or whoever/whatever you deem holy wanted me to die.

And what do you mean, you didn't choose who did it? Did Azelf select it randomly? /:|

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Azelf »

yabbaguy wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Good choice N1 though- clearly fate or whoever/whatever you deem holy wanted me to die.

And what do you mean, you didn't choose who did it? Did Azelf select it randomly? /:|
I made them do it in a row. Chevre > Paltry > Pie > Chevre and so on.

Also, is anyone interested in seeing the role PMs?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Sure.

What I don't like is that it's a randomness game when the Mafia kill is in a forced rotation. Thief tracked on the basis that the least scummy would be chosen, something I found rather plausible no matter how many times I screamed Mafia Tracker. With that revelation though, his reasoning is pointless in retrospect.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Azelf »

yabbaguy wrote:Sure.

What I don't like is that it's a randomness game when the Mafia kill is in a forced rotation. Thief tracked on the basis that the least scummy would be chosen, something I found rather plausible no matter how many times I screamed Mafia Tracker. With that revelation though, his reasoning is pointless in retrospect.
Useful to know; perhaps I'll make the mafia choose in my next game.

Anyways, role PMs.
TRACKER

You are a Tracker! You've always found the village of Yicilis a bit boring, so you filled in your spare time with stalking your fellow villagers. After a few years of it, you've become quite good at it. Though it's a bit creepy, you can target one person at night; the next day, you'll learn who (if anyone) that person targeted.

You win with the town.
DOCTOR

You are a Doctor! Your family made sure you went to a highly prestigious medical school, and you graduated top of your class, only to return to Yicilis and discover all the villagers needed was Band-Aids. However, you're glad you learned all those complicated procedures now. You can target one person at night (aside from yourself); if somebody tries to kill them, it won't work. (If two killing roles attack your target at the same time, though, your target still dies.)

You win with the town.
NK IMMUNE SERIAL KILLER

You are a
Cereal
Serial Killer! You've always found the village of Yicilis a bit boring, so you filled in your spare time with KILLING PEOPLE! YAY! SO MUCH FUN! The villagers don't pay much attention, but you're the reason there are only twelve people left on the island, and you intend to keep going. You can target one person at night; they will then proceed to die. In addition, if the Mafia tries to kill you, it won't work.

You win once everybody else is dead, or you are alone with one person.
MAFIA GOON

You are a Mafia Goon! You were a bad egg ever since you were born; you've terrorized your nurse, your school, your mother, and finally, the village of Yicilis. Every third night (you take turns with your partners) you can target one person; once day hits, the town will find him dead. In addition, you can talk with your teammates through PM at night.
Your mafia pals are fellow goon Deer/Chevre and Roleblocker Elias_the_thief.

You win once you outnumber the town.
MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER

You are a
pirate!
Mafia Roleblocker! Others have always considered you annoying; though you were at first saddened by their rejection, you came to see it as a superpower, and became highly skilled at distracting people from the task on hand. Every third night (you take turns with your partners) you can target one person; once day hits, the town will find him dead. In addition, you can target one person each night; if he has an ability, it won't work. If you are the only Mafia player remaining, you can both kill and roleblock.
Your mafia pals are the Goons Chevre and Deer.

You win once you outnumber the town.
I'm not quite certain what I meant about the whole "both kill and roleblock" thing, but the Roleblocker will perform both the kill and roleblock when it's his turn. Perhaps I'd been intending to just have the Goons kill when I wrote this?
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

Azelf wrote:If you are the only Mafia player remaining, you can both kill and roleblock.
I think the PM explains itself fairly well. Just omit this sentence. It's slightly confusing.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

The "in addition" thing does explain it in this case, but that's actually not a given, Zero.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Azelf »

Why are more people posting in the endgame than when the game was running?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

In re Massclaim: If town hadn't massclaimed, Thief would be lynched. Best case scenario for town is Yabba killing Chevre, at which point the game is 3-2-1 - exactly how it wound up with massclaim in place. If Yabba kills (say) Vibe instead, it's 2-3-1, which is more or less an instant mafia win. I think clearing Thief was pretty vital to the town's health, even at the cost of outing Jalyn.
Yabba wrote:@Pie: I seriously think your perspective was skewed, how could you find me Mafia of all things when my SK suspect list was clearly not you? I should've also reckoned you would be Mafia, but I couldn't take the chance of killing you if, say, you were the only Mafioso remaining in the game.
Huh? I obviously didn't
really
think you were Mafia. I was mafia.

And yeah, I didn't send in the block night two. Whoops. The irony is that this ensured our victory; Zero getting cleared confirmed Yabba as the SK to be blocked. Wish I could say I thought that out.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Azelf »

I just remembered why I put that in the PM; it's very rare, but some mods rule that a Mafia Roleblocker who is the only player remaining can only kill or roleblock, not both.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Azelf »

Anyways, looks like the fun's over. This thread probably belongs in the "completed games" section.

Good game, all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”