Newbie #950 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Deer »

Charlou wrote:vezo has demonstrated a tendency to bluff throughout this game, and quite clever at it too ... I suspect he's bluffing with the cop claim too. I really think he's the second mafia.
While this is for sure a possibility, let me say something to the town:

We are not lynching vezo today. If he makes it to LYLO and there is no doc, vezo is scum. If he a doc is revealed, vezo is confirmed town. There's no way around that - if he's still alive at lylo, we'll deal with him then. But for now, no vezo lynches today. L
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am

Post by RealityFan »

^Agree
[b]V/LA JUNE 2ND to JUNE 4th[/b]

Donate?:
[url=http://www.tengaged.com/user/Quackerz/thanks]Click daily please![/url]
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 am

Post by vezopiraka »

vote realityfan

Ok. Best case scenario the doc doesn't get NK and we get to lylo with me and the doc confirmed.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:56 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #12: The End of Day Three Vote Count=-

RealityFan (3) - Deer, Skill006, vezopiraka

Not Voting (2) - Charlou, RealityFan

3 to lynch.

RealityFan, Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched Day Three

Charlou, Townie - Survived
Deer, Townie - Survived

Skill006, Doctor - Survived
vezopiraka, Cop - Survived

TOWN WIN!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:04 am

Post by iamausername »

Full List of Roles:

RealityFan - Mafia Roleblocker
Lord Baltheir - Mafia Goon
Skill006 - Doctor
vezopiraka - Cop
Amish_Charney - Townie
fuzzylightning - Townie
I Am Innocent - Townie
Charlou - Townie
Deer - Townie

Night Actions:

Night 1
RealityFan kills Amish_Charney
RealityFan blocks vezopiraka
Skill006 protects I Am Innocent
vezopiraka investigates Amish_Charney (blocked)

Night 2
RealityFan kills I Am Innocent
RealityFan blocks vezopiraka
Skill006 protects vezopiraka
vezopiraka investigates Charlou (blocked)

The game is over now, but everyone is both welcome and encouraged to talk about what went on, what they could have done better, etc.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:18 am

Post by vezopiraka »

LOL. I was sure deer was the doc. I never thought skill was it.
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:21 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Good game all.

So the Doctor protected me N1??? :shock: Vezo had already claimed by that point!!!
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

vezopiraka wrote:LOL. I was sure deer was the doc. I never thought skill was it.
Me too. When Deer thought he might have hammered on Reality D2 without a chance to claim, I questioned him on it. As soon as I hit post, I thought, he must be the doctor, hence why he wasn't concerned about the doc claim.

At that point I decided to garner as much attention D2 to try to draw the NK. It seemed to work...:D
I Am Innocent wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:realityfan is probably town because he claimed when he thought was dead.
We don't know what he thought. He may have realized that was only his 3rd vote and tried to play one over on us.

Charlou, why the hesitancy to place a vote for Reality or fuzzy? Do you really think it is in town's best interest to vote out somebody else at this point D2?

I'm going to lay out a strategy, one assumes there is a doctor, one assumes there isn't:

NO DOCTOR

We lynch someone D2, someone dies N2, we lynch someone D3, someone dies N3, we are down to 3 people. At this point, we ask the Doctor to come forward. When no Doctor comes forward, we know vezo is lying because he said he was a cop, and he was roleblocked N1. The only scenario with a Cop & Roleblocker also has a Doctor. So Vezo is lynched D4, and we win.

Basically if there is not a Doctor, town is guaranteed the win.

YES DOCTOR

This scenario we are not guaranteed a win. To enhance our chances, we need the Doctor to stay hidden and alive as long as possible. Every time we get to L-1 and ask somebody to claim, that leaves one less person that could be the Doctor. Right now the scum knows if there is a Doctor or not. If there is a Roleblocker out there and they are not named vezo, then they know we have a Doctor. And they are trying to uncover them.

Best long term strategy under a "YES DOCTOR" scenario, pick the best choice between a fuzzy and reality lynch. The scum is going to take a shot at me, you (Charlou), Skill or Deer in hopes of finding the Doctor. That is a 25% random shot right now. If we take another player to L-1 and they claim Vanilla Townie, now the scum has a 1 in 3 chance of finding the Doctor.

If we can catch the scum before D4, great. I think fuzzy and reality are both great choices, both are actually my top 2. But if we are wrong, we want to get to D4, under this scenario, with a Doctor who can then out themselves. That gives us 1 confirmed innocent.

In my mind it actually gives us 2 confirmed innocents, because vezo claiming cop when he did doesn't make sense if he was scum (scum did not know at that point if there was a cop or not). Plus after the claim, Lord B seemed to fishing for a 2nd power role with Amish "I wanted to see what you would claim."

Well these are my thoughts anyway. Whether I am the Doctor or not remains to be seen, but rest assured if we get to D4 and a Doctor outs themself, they will have to make that call between vezo being a Goon and the other player a vanilla townie, or vezo being the Cop and the other player being the Roleblocker.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:40 am

Post by vezopiraka »

I was useless. Every time RBed.
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Quick Summary:

For the most part, I had 4 players circled as scummy during the game: Lord B, Amish, fuzzy, Reality/Dr Glunk.

I wonder why Reality NK'd Amish N1? I would have pushed hard for him as the lynch D2...

I originally thought Dr Glunk was more scummy than fuzzy, not sure why I switched so much D2. Sorry fuzzy. Funny thing was, late D2 I almost switched, but the hammer came before I had a chance. I just kept staring at Deer and Skill on Reality, and almost joined those two...:oops:

Player Review

Deer - You and I were on the same page almost the whole game. Great player you are and an absolute pleasure to play with!

fuzzy - Sounds like some real life issues caused your game play to be less than you would have liked. Still disagree with you getting so worked up about an RVS getting to L-2, then again, the player who took it there ended up being scum, so what do I know! Other notes, wanting the doc to claim D2, wrong move. And voting out the Cop when we had a fool proof plan, another wrong move. Not sure how much of that had to do with your busy schedule.

Charlou - Wow somes up your play. Not sure how to put this in words, but you were lucky to have Deer and I in the game, who both had newbie town vibes from you. You were such an easy lynch D1, but you survived. I hope you stick around and play some more, cause I thought you were a fun player to play with.

Reality Fan - You were kind of stuck in a bad situation. Not much you could do, but your efforts were good. I liked your play at L-1, you fooled a couple of the newbies anyhow.

Dr Glunk - You seemed awful nervous, like wary of making a mistake. Both yours and fuzzy's entry into the thread against Charlou right as the initial case against Lord B was being made ultimately was your downfall. Try to always play the same whether you are scum or not, that's the best advice I can give you.

Skill006 - You came in and played brilliantly. You never gave any evidence that you were the Doctor, so once again good job.

j west - I said it when you left that it was a shame you had to leave. I could tell you were a solid player. Luckily you leaving didn't hurt us too much as there was no drop off with Skill

Amish - Boy you are a tough read. You are the type of player that challenges me the most in these games. I could tell early on that you were going to be a good player, and lucky for town you went N1 or you and I were going to allow Reality to lay low D2 as we went at it. Would love to play with you again some time.

Lord B - You seemed scummy, but when you said to Amish, I wanted to see what you would claim, you basically killed yourself. Very raw for sure, need some more experience my friend.

vezo - vezo vezo vezo. Don't throw out hints about your role D1. You also jump around way too much for my liking. With all that aside, you were fun to play with.

Overall as a group, this may have been the most involved group I've seen from start to finish. A great pleasure all!!!

And last but not least, iamausername, thank you for modding!
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:01 am

Post by RealityFan »

Lol, Good game guys, I tried my best. xD

As for N1, I forget why I killed Amish. I think that I thought he wouldn't be suspected due to Lord B pushing him to L-1.

When I came into the game, Glunk was my scum-read, so I wasn't suprised when I ended up as scum.

Thanks mod for a good game, and good job everyone. :)

Donate?:
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Can I have the mafia chat?
I have an archive for this type of things.
Press ENTER.
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 am

Post by RealityFan »

There was nothing there, because I came in by myself, and they didn't talk at all. I'll go try to find it though...

Donate?:
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:08 am

Post by RealityFan »

Donate?:
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Thank you. I will put it at the archive.
Press ENTER.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Skill006 »

Woah wut? The game's over?! That was the fastest game evah XD
Second win for me :D
LOL. I was sure deer was the doc. I never thought skill was it.
Cool beans. Somehow I thought I was being obvious XD
So the Doctor protected me N1??? Vezo had already claimed by that point!!!
Well, I was super sure that the roleblocker would only roleblock vezo, because they would know there would be a doctor, and they may have wanted to eliminate the doctor and/or other pro-town impossible-to-lynch people.

I also had this huge debate about who to protect Night 2. Because of all of the speculation about vezo giving us a win in a LyLo situation, I thought they would target him, so I went with the safe choice to keep our cop protected. Ends up my night one protection was NKed lol :/

@reality: for replacing into a really bad position, I think you handled your role pretty well. There was nothing really scummy that you were doing, and had you been in the game since the beginning I think you would've done better. Anyhow, nicely done :D
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Skill006 »

Oh yeah, almost forgot, thanks for modding iamausername! Nice being in another one of your games! (And I'm a power role again :) )
Do you have any feedback for us?
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:37 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

The doc claim was because I hadn't realized you had already covered it. Vezo acted scummy and my feeling is a claim isn't an excuse for later actions. Vezo, heed that advice. Just because you make a claim and it goes uncountered, it doesn't mean that you are fully confirmed, especially when you claim to be roleblocked.

Work being done on my house was very unfortunate for my activity level in this game, which really hurt my play.

Good win for town though
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Deer »

IAI - great game, I also thought you played very well.

Vezo - never do that again, okay? Seriously. It's bad.

Skill - great job, you came off as really pro-town to me and I never had a doubt about you. I actually thought IAI was the doc for most of the game, until he got NK'd.

Scum - you kind of got unlucky. LB acted scummy when Amish was at L-1, and everyone else besides realityfan/fuzzy just seemed blatantly town.
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Charlou »

Thanks for the game Iamusername and to everyone who played, and especially thanks to those who provided useful commentary during and after the game. Interesting mix of personalities and experience made it most enjoyable.

I think I got a bit of a grasp of the basics - even the most fundamental aspects took participation in a game to become aware of - and I look forward to playing again and learning more in future games.

Cheers to all. Image
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Ahhh, memories... :D
I Am Innocent wrote:
Deer wrote:And even more rolefishing? Crazy.

Doc, do not claim!

Here's what will happen:

1. We leave vezo alive, lynch until we either find the last scum or end up in lylo or if he gets to L-1.

2. If there is a doctor revealed, either through an L-1 claim or an NK, then we know vezo is legit. That's a confirmed townie right there.

3. If no doc is revealed and we get to lylo, then they'll ask for the doc to claim. If neither person claims doc, vezo is scum. If someone does claim doc, then the doc will have to decide in lylo.

But, the doctor should not come out. Asking for that just puts more suspicion on you - you're an SE, after all. You can't use the noob excuse.
Agreed, Doc should not claim until LyLo.

There is 0 benefit to having the doc claim right now.

If we did ask for a doc claim now, the only good thing that happens is if no doc comes forward, we know vezo is lying and we lynch him.

But many bad things can happen, like a doc comes forward, but then gets killed N2 (and cop blocked N2), and then N3 the cop dies. We get to D4 with 0 confirmed innocents.

We get the same benefit if we wait until LyLo to ask for the Doc claim if trying to determine vezo's innocence is legit or not. If no doc claim happens, you lynch vezo. If a doc claim happens, you have 1 confirmed innocent (the Doctor), who has a 50/50 chance at a win.

I plan on rereading the thread in the next few days, and will present my choice for the lynch.
I Am Innocent wrote:My thoughts:

1) If there is not a doctor, we are guaranteed the win.

2) If there is a doctor, we need to keep him/her hidden as long as possible.

We now uncovered two people who both claim vanilla townie. I don't think strategically we should uncover anymore D2, esp since I like Deer believe one of these two players to be the remaining scum. We still have two mislynches left, so strategically we are better off choosing between these two people and making it harder for the scum to find the doctor...

Please, in the future, nobody hammer without giving a chance to claim. That is just not good play at all.

As for fuzzy/reality, I think I am still leaning towards fuzzy. Lord B lurked early, I called him on it, and then he played consistently. fuzzy lurked early, was prodded, answered the prod in about 3 hours, and now he is here full time it seems. I wonder if fuzzy suggested the early lurking to Lord B as newbies seem to shoot themselves in the foot in these games.

Factor in the L-2 drama during RVS and the vote out vezo D2, I am leaning towards fuzzy and will keep my vote there for now.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”