Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Empking »

I'm thinking that Berry isn't telling the complete story.

I targetted Berry (berry's Horror, right) with a track last night and got No Result.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Blackberry »

I was about to post... then I realize you said No Result and not No Target. O_o
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Blackberry »

Do you mean No Result as in no result whatsoever, or as in, No Target?

Also - do you have any other information for us?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Blackberry »

SpyreX wrote:Whats the point of a Godfather if the parallel is a other-side mafia that can find 1 scum? and a one shot cop?

You COULD have protected mafia from a kill but even that information makes more sense than not.

And, like I said, I'll acquiesce until empking comes in before I push for the rest.
A) I didn't understand what you meant by one-shot cop, then I realized what JOAT was (I originally looked it up and saw Jack of All Trades, I didn't realize though that all their abilties are one-shot, I thought it was just a "choose which one you use tonight" thing). You do make a point of it though. If there isn't actually a Cop, the Godfather doesn't really make sense. I don't know, I don't get why a Godfather would be there if he already has nightkill protection and the only "Cop" can only investigate once? This has got me rethinking. I am waivering now on what to think of EmpKing, but his answers to my questions will assist us greatly.

B) I don't understand why EmpKing would wait to reveal his other information, why didn't you say anything about your Night 1 or Night 2?

C) EmpKing, do you believe my claim? - what is your role name?

((SpyreX, refrain from posting until EmpKing answers - trust me))
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Empking »

No Result. As in Results were not their. It wasn't a the-target-didn't-act but more roleblock-esque.

b) I waited because of my last nights result. Day 1 I investigated Stef (Town obv) I watched somebody day 2 but I'd like to hold off claiming that until you claim.

c) I'm leaning no. Rolename is Townie Detective.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Empking »

Actually, I watched SpyreX. Horror targetted SpyreX, also.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

You two make my head hurt but I waited.

Empking makes a lot more sense and I'm REAL tempted to push into overdrive if I'm the mystical still alive player that was "doc"ed N2 and BB has been playing slappywags about.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Blackberry »

Ok, I got what I was looking for.

Earlier EmpKing claimed "The Detective" and now he is claiming Townie Detective (this is what I was looking for, if he responded that his role name was The Detective, I would have called it as BS - this is why I asked SpyreX not to say anything yet, because I had the impression when I asked EmpKing that question SpyreX would be the type of guy to say "He already said his rolename, etc." when I didn't want too much attention to be drawn to that question).

EmpKing - the reason I asked if you believed my claim is because I claimed
Townie
Doctor.
If your role is as you say it is (Townie Detective) you should then believe me (if I was fakeclaiming, I wouldn't/shouldn't know to put the word Townie in front of Doctor).
How often in games are Doctors referred to as "TOWNIE Doctor."

Here is my Night Actions:

N1 - Deadjoker
N2 - SpyreX
N3 - No Target (I asked mod about this, it was due to inactivity)

At this point, EmpKing is either fakeclaiming and is really a Mafia Tracker (and he was really quick to catch on that I claimed Townie Doctor and decided to add "Townie" Detective to his claim -- although what does slightly bug me is that if he is the Townie Detective, why not realize instantly that my claim of Townie Doctor indicates I am telling the truth? - at this point I think he is telling the truth, that may change).

Or, if he is telling the truth, we have a Mafia Roleblocker on the remaining mafia squad.

Btw, on Hrezs, his post of "Let's just lynch Exemption today despite what he claims" struck me as odd. I'll be honest, I haven't sat down and finished reading the entire thread, I have notes on every player (SpyreX was who I've had the most notes on, probably because the other players didn't talk as much). I will finish reading after I do a few more things that I need to do on this forum, and I'll get back to this. I will then post what I think.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I've read through a bit more, watching a tv show, will come on after to finish my read through and post my thoughts hopefully.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Empking »

BB: I don't pay much attention to rolenames in a mini normal.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Blackberry »

Ok, I finally finished my reading (I am a procrastinator, I apologize). I have a few questions. One person I am leaning towards as mafia, One person I was leaning someone as town, but I could see the possibility of me being wrong, and the other two I am not sure. I am going to go back and see who interacted with who and who avoided who. I think for me, the BEST way for me to get information on you all is to answer my questions that I have. If you are a town, I would prefer you to answer my questions in depth (AKA DO NOT POST A SHORT SENTENCE). If you are a town, it is in your best interest to assist others in getting a good read off of you. Even if you *think* I am scum, still answer my questions in an in-depth response so that A) regardless of whether you think I am mafia or not just trying to ask questions, if you are town, there is atleast one other townie out there that needs to get a good read on you, B) Making longer and giving more insight into your thoughts gives everyone a better read on you, the only people who wouldn't want to do this are mafia. I am actually typing a lot in here that I was going to write after my initial questions, but I'll just do it all at once so my related-thoughts are all together.
Hrezs
I believe (I could be mistaken) looks for very simular things as I do (or atleast, his quote is something that I myself would say). I look for people being genuine (in my case, I look at what words people use, how they use their words, whether they are really voting people they are genuinely suspscious us) and the best way I can do that is if you provide a detailed response of your in-depth thoughts. So don't hold back. I am fearful that (as I've run into this in the past) a townsperson may see my question as me suspecting them and they get defensive and end up not answering my questions (thus why I am asking for an in-depth, non-short response). We're at a very critical point. Two people left are scum, one wrong lynch and it is game over. So basically, answer my questions with openness and honesty, and type whatever comes to mind so I can decide whether I feel your
thinking process
is genuine or if you're a mafia trying to fake it.

Hrezs, I would like to know your opinion of the claims and your reaction.

CSL, I would like to know your ideas after your read-through.

EmpKing, your being short in every post bugs me a bit (and when I say bugs, I don't mean "I think you're scum" I mean, it is hard for me to tell whether that is you being scum OR if that is just your general playstyle). I can't read someone if they don't have much to say. In your last post, I would have thought you to say something along the lines of "Oh, ya, you did claim a Townie Doctor, and I am claimnig a Townie Detective, that makes you look more clear" or something. But you didn't even comment on that. ((Also in my read-through, you asked a lot of questions, however, you never actually gave a lot of RESPONES or REACTIONS when people answered your questions -- how are we supposed to get a good read out of you?))

EmpKing: Why were you on SpyreX the second night?

SpyreX: I actually can't think of anything to ask you right now that I'm interested in hearing. If you want to give me your current and detailed thoughts, that would be great. Not sure what "going into overdrive" means exactly.

At this point, there is one person I'm fairly confident is scum (his response will either deepen my suscpious or make me less confident), the other three of you, I keep thinking of things that would say "Ok, he isn't scum because of this" or "Ok, he is scum because of this." The answers to my questions and comments will help me a lot. There are two people (I keep rethinking things and changing my mind, lol, that I am LEANING towards as town based on some ideas and theories, there is one person I have no idea about, and one person I am leaning as mafia).

After I get answers to my comments/questions, I will be more than happy to express ALL my ideas and thoughts from my rereads. I have some theories/ideas that make me think "this could be what is going on" and some that contradict it "if he was mafia he wouldn't do that"... and I will lay those all out after these responses.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Empking »

SpyreX is a good player meaning that I thought he'd be a night kill regardless of his scum statis plus his towniness led to that thinking of him as a likely target.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

You have nothing to ask me that you're interested in hearing?

And you're playing tight to the chest AGAIN at lylo?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Blackberry »

SpyreX wrote:You have nothing to ask me that you're interested in hearing?

And you're playing tight to the chest AGAIN at lylo?
I'm not playing "tight to the chest" if I say I'm going to reveal it in a short bit.
Blackberry wrote:SpyreX: I actually can't think of anything to ask you right now that I'm interested in hearing. If you want to give me your current and detailed thoughts, that would be great. Not sure what "going into overdrive" means exactly.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Push into overdrive as lay out and watch you dangle because this is bordering on crazy - if it wasn't for my read on horror I'd be all over this.

As it sits I'm torn on Hrez and what he was playing at as well with that last minute derail from scum to scum.

Empking's claim makes sense in the setup but I'm not overly enamored with the play.

CSL needs to talk or he's going to be the call.

As for the other I'm obviously wrong about one I'm just not sure WHICH yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:05 am

Post by CSL »

RE-READING TONIGHT. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

No votes yet? My, aren't you boring. ;)

Let's see if this spice some things up:

Deadline is on 29 July 2010.
Last edited by Snow_Bunny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:49 am

Post by CSL »

Curse life and it's unexpectedness. I was dragged away from it right when I was going to do my re-read.

Mod: The countdown is all screwed up

I have no idea what you are talking about. The countdown is just fine. ¬_¬
Last edited by Snow_Bunny on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:56 am

Post by CSL »

V/LA from playing until my head clears.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Sorry, went out of town and had less internet access than I thought

First reaction, not sure I totally buy the doc claim. After the empking claim i was thinking he was our only power since its a pretty powerful jack role.
The VT claims are just null to me.

Godfather could be just to punish metaing/controls the nightkill

Yes, I look for people being geniune when I play, I play this game a lot like poker.

I'm thinkin empking is town based on meta mostly. Did you claim the rest of your actions?

Not liking Spyre. I didn't like his hypothesizing of the scum roles and questioning the setup, came off as very fake and there's really no reason to care if there's another godfather/doc combo.
No idea why Spyre thought horror was oozing town, I didn't see it.

I mentioned lynching exemption since I didn't know if he would be replaced. CSL hasn't really changed my opinion and its possible that he's just avoiding catching up to not make any connections and help his teammate out.

And my end of day voting shouldn't be a tell one way or the other tbh, since they were both on the same scumteam.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Hrezs »

oh
and horror's no action is kinda hmm
since he pmed the mod during night
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Hrezs »

also also
since I think empking is town
not claiming doc targets is mad scummy
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Blackberry »

Hrezs wrote:oh
and horror's no action is kinda hmm
since he pmed the mod during night
All I know is that the no action was due to inactivity. I really can't speak for more than that. Reading horror's other games, it looks like he posted the same message in all the other threads. I expect he wasn't paying too much attention and assumed the replacement would be able to take his night action? Although, in all honesty, this is something that would concern me if I was one of you. Would it be possible to ask the Mod to confirm in thread that horror didn't do anything game related last night? At this point I'm either one of two things: Doctor telling the Truth, or Mafia telling a lie. Either way, it would indicate I may have some sort of action last night, so asking the mod to confirm that horror didn't do anything game-related last night wouldn't tell anything about my
alignment
, just that I'm not lying on that aspect (for example, even if I was mafia, saying horror didn't do anything game-related doesn't clear me of being mafia, because the mafia partner could have sent in the kill - it would hypothetically be possible that as a mafia I had an ability and wasn't able to use that ability last night - so if the moderator answered that publically, it wouldn't reveal anything about my alignment - just that I'm telling the truth that horror didn't do anything game related last night).

Also, you made a comment about me not claiming doc targets, when I indicated I was
waiting
to claim Doc Targets. How is that a scummy thing at all? At the moment my top priority was seeing if I could catch (Empking) in a lie, had I done so I would have known he was the scum (from my point of view) and known who to argue agains't and convince the rest of you to vote. My top priority was not trying to clear myself, as that doesn't help me determine which of you is mafia.

Also, based on Metagaming, why wouldn't I be cleared (and why would Empking be cleared)? I was the one that mentioned my role was
Townie
Doctor. EmpKing's claim later that he is a Townie Detective either means A) he confirms my Townie rolename or B) otherwise states he is mafia realizing there is a "townie" before the power role-name and added that, which in the worst case scenario, means I could only be mafia if he was my partner and we were both faking it.

CSL hasn't really changed my opinion and its possible that he's just avoiding catching up to not make any connections and help his teammate out.
I am not trying to defend CSL here (as he is one of my main suspects), but just for reference: When I was trying to do my read-through, I genuinely procrastinated it and only did short bits at a time because I had a lot of other things to do and I didn't have a block of time to sit down and read through everything.

Although, I don't understand the
"V/LA from playing until my head clears"
- that does sound more than just lazy/procrastinating.

Regardless, I want to hear CSL speak. If CSL is a townie I think he would owe us his ideas and thoughts so we could get a good read on him. So the "V/LA" statement really doesn't help at all. Although, I genuinely do not think a mafia player would "avoiding catching up to not make any connections and help his teammate out" - although I could be mistaken (it's just something I know I wouldn't do - and I don't think any smart players would either) - I could, however, see him thinking he is doomed regardless and be too lazy to do anything because he knows he's doomed.

Also - I just wanted to address those comments of Hresz. I am now going to pull up my notes and post all my thoughts and reveal my cards of who I think is what.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Wait a sec.

Horror said he PM'ed the mod at night and there was no action?

For reals?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Blackberry »

SpyreX wrote:Wait a sec.

Horror said he PM'ed the mod at night and there was no action?

For reals?
Would it be possible to ask the Mod to confirm in thread that horror didn't do anything game related last night? At this point I'm either one of two things: Doctor telling the Truth, or Mafia telling a lie. Either way, it would indicate I may have some sort of action last night, so asking the mod to confirm that horror didn't do anything game-related last night wouldn't tell anything about my alignment, just that I'm not lying on that aspect (for example, even if I was mafia, saying horror didn't do anything game-related doesn't clear me of being mafia, because the mafia partner could have sent in the kill - it would hypothetically be possible that as a mafia I had an ability and wasn't able to use that ability last night - so if the moderator answered that publically, it wouldn't reveal anything about my alignment - just that I'm telling the truth that horror didn't do anything game related last night).

Did you not see this part?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”