Mini 971: Princess bride - They all lived .......

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Parama »

Perfect game, wheeee.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

DUDE, I DID A PARAMA AND ACTUALLY GOT SCUM RIGHT.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:34 am

Post by farside22 »

The Princess Bride mafia:

Parama
Westley - hero - you need to find the princess before Prince Humperdink does or the kingdom is in peril. Not only that you need to find Prince Humperdink and stop him. PM me the name of a player and I will tell you if that player is the prince or princess. If the person you targeted is neither you will be told no information.
You win when all threats to the kingdom are dead.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... wesley.jpg
bv310/horrordude
Buttercup - the princess – You are hiding from the bad guy. Mostly Humperdink. During the night PM me the name of a player as long as the prince does not look for you there, the person you target is not the prince or the person is not killed you are safe. You may never claim your role name or title. In fact if you plan on ever claim you should send me a PM because if you role claim or state your title you will be mod killed

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... tercup.jpg
MacavityLock
The Dread Pirate Roberts –/Townie/Miller - You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote. If you are ever investigated a player will get a scum result.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... ride-1.jpg
Mod note: The princess will die as he falls under scum category.

Jack
The Albino – Townie - You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... albino.jpg
ekiM
Grandson – Townie - You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... andson.jpg
animorpherv
Miracle Max - doctor - Now whether the cure works or not will be a miracle none the less. The odds are in your favor more times them not. Each night PM me the name of a player you wish to save. You have a 75% chance of them being saved.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... 22/max.jpg
CKD
Inigo Montoya - swordsman - You are the best swordsman that anyone has seen. You are looking for the man with 6 fingers. Once per game PM me the name of a player. I will inform you if that player is the 6 finger man. If the person you targeted is the 6 finger man you will receive the following note: Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die. If the person you targeted is not the man you will receive nothing.
KMD4390
The impressive clergymen – Townie - You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... rgyman.jpg

Mafia
WOLFRAMHEART/CMAR
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... tyrone.jpg

Count Tyrone Rugeen - Sword boss - out to rule the world. You will lie, cheat, kill and use all you can to win. You also like to torture people and take just a bit of life out of them. Pm a name of a player and they will be unable to perform any actions during the night phase. Torture a person more then once and their vote is useless. You can role block and kill if you are the last mafia standing. Your partner in crime is _____. You may communicate with your partner only at night.
You win when the mafia out number the townspeople.

Night chat and 48 hour pre chat is hereThe

DDD
Fezzik - Andre the giant – You are the big guy that can take anyone down. You are working for the bad guy since you think he will win. Your partner in crime is Nzen. You may communicate with your partner only at night.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... Fezzik.jpg
Mafia safe claim:
Valerie - Townie – You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... alerie.jpg

Bad guys
Steam powered shovel
Vizzini – traitor/rolecop - Inconceivable! Your men do not know who you are and you forgot who your men are. On a bright note you have the ability to find your men or find out who a player is. Each night PM the name of a player and I will tell you the character name, role and alignment of the player. If one of your men dies you will join them.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... ivable.jpg
Mod note: princess will not die hiding behind vizz while he is a traitor.

SensFan
Prince Humperdink - SK
"Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. "
All you have to do to win is kill the king, find the princess and be the last man standing in the end. Can you do it before you are caught? Each night send me a name of a player you wish to kill. You have a one shot NK immunity.
You win when you met all the above conditions.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... erdink.jpg
Safe claim:
Grandfather - Townie – You are a regular townie with no special ability accept your vote.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... father.jpg

After sens was killed the first day without using the safe claim I gave the safe claim to SPS.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Jack »

Awesome...

Mac, I knew I was going out on a limb with that case, but how come you omgus voted me and refused to answer the accusations?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Honestly, I did think that there was a chance that you were scum, Jack. I didn't like your faked role info stuff at all, and the fact that it did "point" to a scum made it all the more worrisome. It's why I asked you as unclaimed to go before ekiM. I'm not really sure what accusations you made that I
could
have answered. I mean, in a lot of ways, you were right, I wasn't super-pro-town in the way I dealt with your "role info" on DDD. My votes/attacks on DDD and CMAR could have been viewed as bussing. In addition, the summer has been busy for me, so I haven't been around a ton. Anyway, sorry Jack, looks like a playstyle dispute.

Still, we won! Yay! Apparently, my maf-dar was
on
this game (until the end), but my SK-dar was... um... not.

farside, I'm a little confused about bv/horror's Princess role. It died if it hid with the Prince, but did it die if it hid with maf? Your mod notes indicate that it died if it hid with me too, which doesn't seem to make sense if it only died when hiding with the SK.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Jack »

Yeah, I got burned a couple times by scum bussing and then coasting to a win while we lynched the "obv scum" townies, didn't want to let that happen again. Probably should have lynched sps first. Well we did I guess.

Anyway, town sweep I guess and none from a pr find. Strange though in that I don't think we full lynched any scum. sens self hammered and all the others died at deadline with less than a majority. That rule should be default imo, it helps the town and avoids that "we must get enough votes!" mafia-friendly frenzy.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

MacavityLock really should've been lynched before me based on role- and balance-related reasons. The arguments I made on the previous page were absolutely correct, just irrelevant as I was a traitor.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Parama »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:P.S. Parama, you suck.
P.S. What did you mean by this?
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 am

I asked you to not just cry WIFOM but engage the question and what do you do? You cry WIFOM and fail to engage the question. ekiM's answer, for example, was in the right vein (even if I don't agree with it factually).

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sweet! This town was awesome.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Parama »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I asked you to not just cry WIFOM but engage the question and what do you do? You cry WIFOM and fail to engage the question.
Yes, I was being ironic. I did not do as you told me to. Nobody had issues with it, it seems.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:43 am

I had an issue with it (hence the "you suck"). Considering how apathetic people were towards to the end of the game it's only natural that no one else cared.

By the bye, that's not irony. You were pretending to be uncoercive and sucky, which you actually were.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Parama »

Wow, someone's bitter.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Jack »

We won and all, but the last day did kinda suck.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Parama »

*the entire game kinda sucked
D1 was active, most of the rest of the game was plagued by a lack of activity with brief periods of active posting

Or so I recall.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Jack »

d2 was tons of fun as well. d3 had it's moments.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

sweet jesus biscuits!

needed a win.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by ekiM »

Ah, so that was a town-town fight. SPS you're right nobody really explained what set-up you were scum under but it existed and you'd been scummy all game. Mac really hadn't.

Good game. Thanks to farside for modding + fun flavor and to all players.

Quite pleased with my performance here. Managed to make the right decisions in the end and see past the false positives.

I think the set-up was decent and good flavor (liking the torturer thing especially).

Was Sens's win condition actually just the standard SK one?

Would Mac have appeared as the Prince to Parama? As an ally to SPS?

I think things would've been clearer if people with role-info had been explicitly told, for example, "the prince is anti-town and the princess is town" or "the six-fingered man is anti-town". Otherwise you get the tendency to just ignore role flavor as a possible trick.

I don't see the need for horror's nameclaim restriction. Or the 75%-ness of the doc.

75% Doctor
Limited name-cop
Limited name-cop
Hider
Miller
Townie
Townie
Townie

Goon
Roleblocker/Vote remover
Traitor/Rolecop

SK

Dunno if this game was balanced or not. It seemed tough going for town, getting 3 lynches correct in a row then still being 2 mislynches from defeat. And that could've been worse if the SK didn't die early. On the other hand we managed a perfect game with almost no useful help from PRs...
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by ekiM »

Parama wrote:The scum here is obvious.
vote: ekiM
Parama wrote:*headdesk*

If you agree with fail logic then I have no reason to be arguing with you, because you will just miss the point.
Parama wrote:If you think I'm active lurking then you obviously don't understand my logic.
Parama wrote:Hey guys, a revelation: ekiM is scum.
Parama wrote:I've already made an ekiM case and it's the lynching I'm sticking with today. There's not much else to do, this game is kinda boring. If people aren't voting ekiM then there's nothing I can do to move this game forward.

I could totally retype up my ekiM case in a single post but I doubt that would be worth my time.
Parama wrote:I'm still tunneling on ekiM if you didn't figure it out.
Parama wrote:
SPS is right though
.-. ekiM is a good lynch and deadline lynches ARE lame.
Parama wrote:Like I said, CKD is town and
SPS is not a good lynch
. Why don't you guys listen to me?
Parama wrote:The only lynch I will be happy with at this point is ekiM's.

I am tunneling, yes.
Parama wrote: Scumlist:
ekiM-MacavityLock (the actual scum)
horror
DDD
Kmd
Parama wrote:Not much time to post right now, just going to say that ML is keeping his cool under pressure while ekiM is getting incredibly pissed and is attacking me directly instead of my case, which is not the reaction of a townie to a good case. So ekiM is definitely still top of the priority list.
Parama wrote:The case is good though .-.
Parama wrote:I think I would rather

unvote

vote: ekiM

*sigh*
Parama wrote:WHOOPS DEADLINE PASSED AND I'M NOT CHANGING MY VOTE ANYWAYS. NOT THAT I NEED TO. I BET WE JUST LYNCHED THE MOST POWERFUL TOWN ROLE ON ACCIDENT OR SOMETHING. OR WE LYNCHED SCUM AND MY ML/EKIM THEORY IS WRONG. IF DDD FLIPS SCUM EKIM IS STILL SCUM THOUGH.

Okay, done with the caps for now.
Parama wrote:I'm not the moron who brought setup WIFOM into play, you moron.

I STILL WANT AN EKIM LYNCH BTW
Parama wrote:Well, it starts with the fact that I'm not scum, continues with the fact that I almost guarantee horror is town by my role info so he's being dumb by voting me, and ends with the fact that ekiM is scum.
Parama wrote:Well obviously nobody is willing to unvote and vote ekiM like they should be doing, so what the hell am I supposed to do?
Parama wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:Stop playing the "Woe is me, everyone else is a dumbass" card. It's sad.
Yeah but it's true.

If ekiM isn't scum (there's about .001% chance of this)
then CMAR is next in line. Hell, if there's 2 scum left then both are scum but ekiM still needs to die first.
Parama wrote:My vote's not moving.

Parama wrote:Also did you ever get the feeling that your reads are wrong?
There was never a good reason to suspect me and your only allies throughout the game were both scum. Just saying.

Consider being less actively anti-town and more willing to re-think in future.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I had 2 roles with a limited cop. I felt telling them that X was town or scum when found would favor the town more.
As for my mod note on the princess dying with targeting mafia that was incorrect. The princess only died hiding under the prince.
I also thought some people would go with the flavor of the prince trying to find the princess should be like the movie in some people's view I would hope.
As for Parama he was only searching for either the SK or the princess. His role would uncover the princess even with hiding.
As for not allowing the name claim it was to see how people reacted a bit and somewhat to the movie and feeling the Princess was hindered.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”