Newbie 961 - Game Over - Town Victory

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shadow2222
shadow2222
Goon
shadow2222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by shadow2222 »

i haven't answered your questions directly.How would you expect me to answer?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 am

Post by startransmission »

Unvote

Wanted to do that before I started posting, don't want any "accidental" hammers.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:01 am

Ok, I'm going to do a little PBPA (Player by Player Analysis-or sometimes post by post) to get things rolling again. It'll help me get around to responding to some things, as well as to crystallize my opinions of the players and the game thus far. And hopefully inspire some discussion. I'll keep it brief, which should be easy as there is very little to go over.

RealityFan
- Only three posts, the first two were his vote for me which he did in the order of the pattern. After that he answered my questions. Hasn't posted since last Thursday, and is on V/LA now. Obviously someone that we need to hear more from.

Skunkape
- RV'd Unloved, answered my questions, a fluff post, and then a vote for Shadow2222. I like his explanation for his vote.

stillawesome
- RV'd doubtful, noted the RV order, responds to being referred to as "jumpy", uses a Dilbert cartoon to illustrate the "problem with randomness", answers my questions. He says he views lurking as a null tell, and while I see his point about it not being an indicator of honesty, I do not view lurking as a null tell. Last post was on Monday, when he said he would put up a nice juicy post. So far nothing.

Zajnet
- Initially RV's Shadow2222 as it is in order, but seems to recognize how invaluable that is to the RVS and moves his vote to stillawesome. Welcomes Me=Wierd, moves his vote to skunkape for not having had voted yet. Asks Me=Wierd a question outside of the game, and then asks if WIFOM is being applied to the RVS. WIFOM is a beast and often rears its head during RVS. I'm surprised that Zajnet wasn't expecting it. Anyways, answers my questions, moves his vote to Unloved, and implies that it is random, though there is a weak reason behind it.
Zajnet wrote:
RealityFan wrote:Meh, I tend to lurk a little regardless of my alignment, so I don't consider it a scum-tell.
While this could be the simple truth, something, I guess you could call it a gut instinct, makes me think that this is him trying to cover for his lurking if he is doing it for scummy reasons. Has anyone played with RealityFan and can speak to his lurking as scum and/or town?
This I find interesting. I see Zajnets point here, but it feels a bit like he's reaching for straws and perhaps trying to make something out of pretty much nothing. I'd like to see a response to the from RealityFan. So, afterwards points out that he feels that Doubtful was making too much out Unloved's RV which leads to a mini discussion about RV's etc. After this he says that he feels Unloved is town, and moves his vote to Doubtful while FoS'ing Shadow2222 for not posting content. This vote puts Doubtful at L-1.

@Zajnet, were you aware that you were putting Doubtful at L-1?

Me=Wierd
Comes in as a replacement for Viral Maze. RVs Skunkape and gives some pointers regarding text. Answers a question from Zajnet, and then answers my questions. After not posting for a bit I restate my wish for him to post more. Despite not having posted for two days, within 5 minutes of my post asking for more, he responds. This sticks out to me a bit, while it could just be a coincidence...it's a sign of an active lurker. He seems disappointed at the lack of grandeur in my opening post. I feel that I explained my stance on explaining semantics and strategy in an opening post, but if there are any questions regarding that I'm happy to elaborate. Since then no other activity.

Ok, to avoid a Wall O' Text, I'll get to Doubtful and Unloved later on this evening, as well as further thoughts on Zajnet, Shadow2222, and the Doubtful wagon.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Zajnet »

startransmission wrote:@Zajnet, were you aware that you were putting Doubtful at L-1?
No, I thought I was putting him at L-2. I didn't see his response until you unvoted, so I didn't see a reason to unvote as that put him at the L-2 I thought he should be at.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Doubtful »

Doubtful wrote:Also, shadow, I'm just pointing out things in posts to get this game going. Do you have exact quotes of where I displayed scummy behaviour?
And also the question regarding leaders and scumtells...

I know you accused me because I was slightly overaggressive and posted a lot. However, rereading my posts shows no aggression (it may just be the way you interpreted it...), but those reasons aren't strong enough to justify a true non-random vote.

I agree, I did the same thing with UnLoved, but when you do it you ask questions as to where you think I'm suspicious. I haven't seen you do that at all. You just voted and then replied to my questions, giving me the impression that you purposely omitted the questions you can't answer. Yes, this isn't a particularly strong reason either. But... why didn't you unvote me when I was at L-1 and you posted? I just don't understand it at all.
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Doubtful »

Doubtful wrote:Also, shadow, I'm just pointing out things in posts to get this game going. Do you have exact quotes of where I displayed scummy behaviour?
And also the question regarding leaders and scumtells...

I know you accused me because I was slightly overaggressive and posted a lot. However, rereading my posts shows no aggression (it may just be the way you interpreted it...), but those reasons aren't strong enough to justify a true non-random vote.

I agree, I did the same thing with UnLoved, but when you do it you ask questions as to where you think I'm suspicious. I haven't seen you do that at all. You just voted and then replied to my questions, giving me the impression that you purposely omitted the questions you can't answer. Yes, this isn't a particularly strong reason either. But... why didn't you unvote me when I was at L-1 and you posted? I just don't understand it at all.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Me=Weird »

@STM: The part about the not posting for two days and then posting right after you said something about it: Maybe because I had been really busy in RL, and when I was able two post was 5 minutes after you'd said that? And your "IC" post is nothing more than saying you're the IC, that you'll be mostly posting in the week, not liking the mod list vote thing, and saying a post is "off". How is that "explaining your stance on explaining semantics and strategy in an opening post"?
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by CSL »

The Fifth Vote Count of Day One

Doubtful (3) stillawesome, shadow2222, Zajnet
startransmission (1) RealityFan
skunkape (1) Me=Weird
shadow2222 (2) Doubtful, skunkape
Not Voting: UnLoved, startransmission

With 9 alive, the quota is 5

If deadline were to hit now, Doubtful would be executed. The deadline is currently set for Wednesday, June 16th @ 9:00pm EST.

Doubtful is V/LA from June 3rd thru June 11th

No one is prod-eligible as of this post.

~Doubtful is at L-2
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
shadow2222
shadow2222
Goon
shadow2222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by shadow2222 »

truth be told i realized i skept one but i was too lazy to look over it again.And i didn't know you were at L-1
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Me=Weird »

clock wrote:tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock
Also, STM said he would have thoughts on other people about, oh,
hours ago, and he hasn't. I think I'll go ahead and
Unvote, Vote: startransmission.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by CSL »

Checking for prods...

No one needs prods.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Unvote, Vote: shadow2222

He's posted no content whatsoever. At all.
My GTKAS
Skunkape
Skunkape
Townie
Skunkape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Skunkape »

I've been busy recently, I'll post a Player by Player Analysis tomorrow at some point, my apologies for my lack of activity as of late.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Me=Weird wrote:
clock wrote:tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock
Also, STM said he would have thoughts on other people about, oh,
hours ago, and he hasn't. I think I'll go ahead and
Unvote, Vote: startransmission.
Yeah, well as you've pointed out, RL has its ways. I will point out however, that I have consistently posted throughout the game, have asked questions, and have posted my thoughts on most players and so forth. Whereas you have not done any of these things.

I don't have any real indication on your possible alignment, as you have offered even less content than Shadow2222, but I find your vote very off. You're voting for me because I haven't gotten to the last two players and some preliminary conclusions?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Also, Me=Wierd, post 35 is where I somewhat explain my approach to being an IC in a game. As I've said, if there are any questions or if you wish for further elaboration, don't hesitate to ask.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Furthermore! My last few words on the game thus far will have to wait a bit, it's been a busier week than I anticipated. I will have them up tonight, tomorrow afternoon at the latest. Sorry guys, being a working man sucks sometimes.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
shadow2222
shadow2222
Goon
shadow2222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by shadow2222 »

i will be sort of busy for the next few days so i'd apreciate if i were replaced
UnLoved
UnLoved
Townie
UnLoved
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:01 am

Post by UnLoved »

shadow2222 wrote:i will be sort of busy for the next few days so i'd apreciate if i were replaced
It's only a few days. Do you really need to be replaced?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

Post by CSL »

I don't think he will be long, but if he beats his replacement, he keeps his spot.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I fail again, weekends are awful for me. Tomorrow I hope to finish what I started, but at the very least tomorrow is kinda a Friday for me. Sooner than later.

I would feel worse, but absolutely nobody else has posted any kind of content since I last posted. I know I'm belaboring the point here, but being voted for not finishing my mini PBPA while all other players (and especially the person who casted the vote) have done next to nothing this game has me dispirited.

Oh, and
Vote: Me:Weird

OMGUS? Nope.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:32 am

Post by CSL »

AurorusVox replaces shadow2222.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:29 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hello there guys, I'm Vox and am replacing Shadow2222222222 as an SE. This is my third game on the site and the first time I've replaced anyone.

First thing I'd like to do is unvote, so here goes:
unvote

------------

I've had a read of the thread, and I think you'll find that my playstyle is quite different from Shadow's. People have thrown suspicion onto him for not posting much, but I for one tend to post quite often.

------------

To keep things nice and tidy, I'll take part in the RQS that occurred earlier on page 2:

1. How much experience do you have with Mafia, be it here, on another site or in RL?

- I've played a few IRL games a couple of years ago, and two games on this site, but the vast majority of my experience with mafia is on a different site, which uses IM-style chat and so things happen a lot quicker. Gotta say I think I prefer this site though, because of the depth of discussion and reasoning ^^

2. What's your favorite role/alignment to play?

- In both of my previous games here, I've been VT, which I have enjoyed a lot. It often frustrates me when people say "I have nothing to add" or "I have little of interest to do" when they receive the role of VT; for me, the VT is a very important role which relies mostly on his/her own powers of deduction.

On the other site that I play at, there are lots of different roles, my favourite being the "Disguiser" which enables you to play under a different player's name - it's fun pretending to be other people :P

3. How do feel about policy lynches? What about lurking?

- As far as I understand the term "policy lynches", I think it depends on the policy. For example, I would say that lynching a liar is a policy lynch, and its a policy that I agree with (i.e. if someone is revealed as fake claiming cop). On the other hand, in most cases I would say that there shouldn't be general rules that you apply to every situation whilst ignoring all other evidence.

As for lurking, I feel it really only hurts the town and aids the mafia. I wouldn't policy lynch a lurker, however, as it is something of a null-tell (both town and mafia can lurk).

4. How do you feel about the RVS?

I've obviously missed this RVS, and of my previous two games, only one had a RVS. That said, I think they can be a good way of generating discussion. Also, the question of whether the scum can ever truly RV is an interesting one that I feel makes the RVS worthwhile. What I mean by this is that it's always interesting to see who a scum "RV'd".

------------

Now onto the actual game itself. I can understand why Doubtful has attracted a number of votes, but I personally don't have a scum-read on him at this exact moment; he seems to be willing and ready to engage and encourage discussion. Pressuring players with his accusations, offering his reads for analysis, it seems fmpov to be simply someone attempting to get the game rolling.

I've had a look at stillawesome's posts. In my opinion, he has posted less content than shadow2222; Zajnet, can you tell me why you decided to place your vote on shadow instead of stillawesome? In fact, I'm surprised that he doesn't have a vote on him at the moment.

Vote: Stillawesome
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Zajnet »

startransmission wrote:Ok, I'm going to do a little PBPA (Player by Player Analysis-or sometimes post by post) to get things rolling again. It'll help me get around to responding to some things, as well as to crystallize my opinions of the players and the game thus far. And hopefully inspire some discussion. I'll keep it brief, which should be easy as there is very little to go over.

RealityFan
- Only three posts, the first two were his vote for me which he did in the order of the pattern. After that he answered my questions. Hasn't posted since last Thursday, and is on V/LA now. Obviously someone that we need to hear more from.

Skunkape
- RV'd Unloved, answered my questions, a fluff post, and then a vote for Shadow2222. I like his explanation for his vote.

stillawesome
- RV'd doubtful, noted the RV order, responds to being referred to as "jumpy", uses a Dilbert cartoon to illustrate the "problem with randomness", answers my questions. He says he views lurking as a null tell, and while I see his point about it not being an indicator of honesty, I do not view lurking as a null tell. Last post was on Monday, when he said he would put up a nice juicy post. So far nothing.

Zajnet
- Initially RV's Shadow2222 as it is in order, but seems to recognize how invaluable that is to the RVS and moves his vote to stillawesome. Welcomes Me=Wierd, moves his vote to skunkape for not having had voted yet. Asks Me=Wierd a question outside of the game, and then asks if WIFOM is being applied to the RVS. WIFOM is a beast and often rears its head during RVS. I'm surprised that Zajnet wasn't expecting it. Anyways, answers my questions, moves his vote to Unloved, and implies that it is random, though there is a weak reason behind it.
Zajnet wrote:
RealityFan wrote:Meh, I tend to lurk a little regardless of my alignment, so I don't consider it a scum-tell.
While this could be the simple truth, something, I guess you could call it a gut instinct, makes me think that this is him trying to cover for his lurking if he is doing it for scummy reasons. Has anyone played with RealityFan and can speak to his lurking as scum and/or town?
This I find interesting. I see Zajnets point here, but it feels a bit like he's reaching for straws and perhaps trying to make something out of pretty much nothing. I'd like to see a response to the from RealityFan. So, afterwards points out that he feels that Doubtful was making too much out Unloved's RV which leads to a mini discussion about RV's etc. After this he says that he feels Unloved is town, and moves his vote to Doubtful while FoS'ing Shadow2222 for not posting content. This vote puts Doubtful at L-1.

@Zajnet, were you aware that you were putting Doubtful at L-1?

Me=Wierd
Comes in as a replacement for Viral Maze. RVs Skunkape and gives some pointers regarding text. Answers a question from Zajnet, and then answers my questions. After not posting for a bit I restate my wish for him to post more. Despite not having posted for two days, within 5 minutes of my post asking for more, he responds. This sticks out to me a bit, while it could just be a coincidence...it's a sign of an active lurker. He seems disappointed at the lack of grandeur in my opening post. I feel that I explained my stance on explaining semantics and strategy in an opening post, but if there are any questions regarding that I'm happy to elaborate. Since then no other activity.

Ok, to avoid a Wall O' Text, I'll get to Doubtful and Unloved later on this evening, as well as further thoughts on Zajnet, Shadow2222, and the Doubtful wagon.
This is why I voted shadow2222 instead of startransmission.

However,
unvote
since I only voted him because of super-active-lurking, and you're obviously not doing that.
My GTKAS
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Ah, I'm asking why you didn't vote for stillawesome :P
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Zajnet »

Oh lol, I was still asleep when I read your post and responded o.0

The reason I didn't vote for stillawesome is because he was simply lurking, while shadow2222 was actively lurking, that is, he was posting plenty, but providing no content. IMO active lurking is worse because we know that that person is reading the thread and has time to respond, but isn't providing content.
My GTKAS

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”