Newbie 961 - Game Over - Town Victory

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

I feel that I should point out that beyond the endgame thing, the two other quibbles I had aren't that big but it might be wise to mention that that doesnt generally happen in other newbie games.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Zajnet »

Yay we won!

I was almost positive that Karma was scum after I got lynched. Meh.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I was happily watching as you guys seemed to go with one of porochaz/karma being scum because they were the scummiest players in the game (karma specifically with the votes) - I have to say that youngmini's analysis was right on the dot for what I would have said if I'd been alive still! :D Unfortunately, I think poro misread somewhere (you said "Why haven't you already voted Karma if you think he's scummier?" - but he
had
already voted him) otherwise this could have ended with a lynch :)

It's a real shame that Karma didn't fight the endgame because it is one of the most exciting parts, but, I guess it can't be helped.

CSL I think you did a good job finding replacements, I think everyone was a replacement by the end! I agree with Poro insofar as he says your methods were unconventional but I don't think that they had any adverse effect on the game so I wouldn't say they were bad!

As for the players, Zajnet, I really thought you were townie until you flopped on your defence. Notice the reason I voted for M=W (scum) was because his attack and defence were too different from each other to be convincing - this was your problem too. You were great on the offence, but you gave up far too easily. Quoi, you played well when you came in, Poro, you did too up until the minor misreading that I mentioned already. Julien, I don't think you said much but cool! STM, it's a shame you got changed to neutral survivor, and I have to say that it might have been nicer to have gotten that juicy post that you kept promising.

The win rests slightly awkwardly with me because both our scum gave up - Me=Weird, I would really have recommended you hadn't self-hammered and had fought against your lynch, even though it might have been inevitable, it could have proven useful for Karma (and allowed him to bus you). Karma, I don't know why you didn't fancy facing endgame, but you may have been able to work something out, so again it's a shame you didn't try.

However, I did enjoy this game whilst I was alive and like the fact that after I joined, no one voted for me! :D

What did you guys think of the other players? It's usually a nice time to reflect on how people played and allow everyone to learn for the future :D
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 am

Post by CSL »

NIGHT ACTIONS

NIGHT 1

MAFIA -> STM
STM (Cop) -> AurorusVox (RESULT: INNOCENT)

NIGHT 2

Karma -> AurorusVox

NIGHT 3

Karma -> SURRENDER (Time constraints)

ROLES

SCUM: Karma, Me=Weird

COP: STM

CIVILIAN: Everyone else

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

If you wish to see the QT, it is the mafia's discretion.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Yeah, I shouldn't have. Karma, I think you
might
have been able to win. Thoughts on people:

Zajnet: yeah, you might have made it if you were better at defending yourself. Gotta work on that.

Quoi: He seemed to mention the bandwagon thing for me in passing, but later used it in a serious case against me. It was a bit confusing. And you need to remember that just because two people don't ever vote for each other doesn't mean their scum-buddies.

julienvonwolfe: How about I go to Unloved: I don't like it when people unvote before RVS is over. Please don't do it in any games I'm in. :wink: Be more pro-active, in some games it could get you lynched, saying "so, what shall we do now?".

I'll post thoughts on other people later. Poro, you don't have to worry about me SEing any more. I'm and IC now. Oh yes, Quick topic.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
youngminii
youngminii
Goon
youngminii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:57 am

Post by youngminii »

Well I joined late and I'm pretty thankful that doubtful made himself a clear townie before I joined :P
I was fairly certain that my analysis was right, although when Karma agreed that it would be okay to lynch him then Porochaz, I admit I was slightly baffled in a web of WIFOM.
"Wait why would Karma agree to let us lynch him then Porochaz if he's scum.. Maybe he really isn't scum and he seriously thinks Porochaz is scum.. But then maybe he's just scum and he's saying that in the hopes of making me changing my vote to Porochaz.. But wait.."

That actually did influence me into changing my vote to Porochaz. I mean, the main reason I voted for Porochaz was to speed up the game but I don't think I would have done it without the WIFOM thought process that Karma threw me into. I mean, it wouldn't have affected the game's outcome because I still would've 100% lynched Karma after Porochaz but I think he did a very nice job of delaying his death.

I think Karma should read my big post again because there were a lot of small scumtells that I pointed out which ended up being a huge arrow pointing to your head.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 am

Post by CSL »

Due to STM having been in so many games with a bah post, and suddenly having the bomb dropped on it, I'm ruling in favor of STM, and I have granted him the win. This has been decided after some thought after the game.

The front page and aftergame post will reflect this ASAP.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by startransmission »

I appreciate the reprieve. I have to say that I did read the rules, and that rule stuck out to me. Unfortunately when I posted my Bah post I just wasn't thinking about it, and didn't think about it until CSL pointed it out. CSL had every right to withhold the win from me, and I'm sorry for the mistake.

But! Town won, CSL is being gracious, and I'm glad. Well played all. I was so tempted to investigate Me=Weird on N1, but went for Auros instead. In a way I'm glad, had I got the guilty result and then been killed I would have been quite frustrated.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I guess that's how you win without actually doing anything, then? Sorry for my inactivity, I came on to do my re-read and it was night. Good game to all who were actually involved. :)
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by CSL »

First off, after re-reading this, I saw that no one commented on my graduating high school.

Also, I fixed any outstanding posts that needed them. If I missed some, say so.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by CSL »

ALSO, anybody watching this game would like to say anything, they can.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Congratulations on graduating high school. Mind if I trump you?

I recently graduated from university xD

But for serious, I was hoping there'd be a bit more discussion at the end of this game, but it looks like I'll be left wanting :(
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 am

Post by CSL »

Congrats on that, Aurorus!

I did too, but you can't get what you want.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

UnLoved
UnLoved
Townie
UnLoved
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 am

Post by UnLoved »

Congrats to both of you. xD

My Internet connection was suddenly broken and wouldn't be fixed for a few days, then I got replaced =/ Oh well, town won, and I'm happy for that. :)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Porochaz wrote:Whilst I enjoyed the game, your methods were unconventional and probably shouldn't have been within a newbie game. Specifically, endgame is probably one of the most important learning experiences within a game, to remove it like you have has denied a good opportunity, no matter what especially as Julian was a new player anything could have happened, Karma might not have lost. Unfortunately now we will never know. The Haiku off is an interesting way to do things but really shouldn't belong in a normal either. I think there was a modding rule about how that was meant to be done? Not sure but those two things along with the constantly decreasing deadlines with activity (which actually might be a good idea) don't fit in with the newbie game, simply because the mod is there to follow the instructions set out.

Apart from that, regular vote counts, quick replacements, no visible mod mistakes. You did a good job.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

I apologize for not catching that sooner. CSL used my haiku off rule IN A NEWBIE GAME? That's not supposed to be there. The deadlines are arguable, but I'd err on the side of conservatism and not move them based on activity given...it's a newbie game.

Allowing the remaining goon to give up probably wasn't good either, but I have less quibbles with that.

Honestly, sorry about being such a bad back up mod and not checking the ruleset closely.

I'm glad CSL rescinded the bah post thing, though admittedly, that might have been a good demonstration of one of the more common ways of handling a modkill nowadays, and it IS helpful to have newbies learn even about the bad stuff.

But, seriously, I'm glad it seems to have gone as smoothly as it did from a surface look...but...yeah, I'm sorry I didn't catch some of the more...non traditional mechanics.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”