Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

AKnottedRope wrote: 2)Pepsi, but being from NC, I'm a little biased. (Pepsi was first made in New Bern, North Carolina)
What?! HERESY!
Unvote
Vote AKnottedRope
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Cove wrote:Paging GroupThink to the thread. I repeat, GroupThink to Aisle 962.
This
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Remy »

Robocopter87 wrote: 1. Where you from?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?
5. Are you excited to play?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
I can't believe I am answering your questions when you are trying to lynch me!

1) San Diego, California born and raised.

2) Water. I'm not a big soda fan, especially not cola.

3) Not today!

4) I don't think I have a playstyle yet. This is my first game ever. But I am very logically-minded and I tend to stay calm and think things through when others might panic.

5) I am excited to play, but would be more excited if it were a real-life game where we were all face to face. Three weeks seems like ages for a single day.

6) Not in a newbie game. Maybe the lurkers are just shy and don't know what to say?

7) Yes! Liars make me angry.

Unvote.
Vote: Robocopter87
for waiting until after he reads our answers before he posts his own answers to his questions. Scummy move imo.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Remy, no it's not. I've read other games which he's done this. He has good reason to. Find some other games where he's done this to see what I mean.
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Remy »

AKnottedRope wrote:Remy, no it's not. I've read other games which he's done this. He has good reason to. Find some other games where he's done this to see what I mean.
/shrug

Just as good a reason to vote for him as voting for someone because they prefer Pepsi over Coke.
kindred_spirit
kindred_spirit
Townie
kindred_spirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by kindred_spirit »

hey everyone

1. Where you from?

i'm currently living/working on an island off the coast of darwin, australia

2. Coke or Pepsi?

coke but i also like pepsi max

3. Are you nervous?

i little it as this is my first game here

4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?

honestly i don't know what i'd do it would depend on the situation

yeah i really want to learn how to play

6. Lynch all lurkers?

i'm gonna say no

7. Lynch all Liars?

depends on what they lie about
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

kindred_spirit wrote: 6. Lynch all lurkers?

i'm gonna say no
Why?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
kindred_spirit
kindred_spirit
Townie
kindred_spirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by kindred_spirit »

because that would most likely be me

i'm very reserved in posting for many reasons one i usually don't understand half of what other people are saying.
eg. i'm playing another game ona different site and everyone is going on about how such and such is mafia due to what they have said and i just don't get it. which is why i'm here to try and learn
AQUA
AQUA
Townie
AQUA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by AQUA »

Robocopter87 wrote:1. Where you from?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1. Australia
2. Pepsi
3. I'm wetting myself
4. I don't really have one. If I was in a panicky situation I would panic.
5. I'm wetting myself
6. Yes
7. Depends

How about you answer the questions yourself, sir.
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove wrote:Now that that's over, GroupThink's vote is precarious and he needs to respond to my statement about its correlation to his first statement.

Unvote

Vote: GroupThink
Overreacting already? Was my random vote, brought on by Kleedrac's hypocrisy, really that much more "precarious" than your vote to end town discussion in your very first post of the game?

AQUA wrote:How about you answer the questions yourself, sir.
I second this ammendment.

kindred_spirit wrote:because that would most likely be me

i'm very reserved in posting for many reasons one i usually don't understand half of what other people are saying.
eg. i'm playing another game ona different site and everyone is going on about how such and such is mafia due to what they have said and i just don't get it. which is why i'm here to try and learn
You and me both.
You never pass a test of faith.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Cove »

GroupThink wrote: Overreacting already?
You're the one overreacting, hate to tell you.

Also, if I was trying to stifle town discussion, why have I answered the questions while you haven't?
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:36 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Hey group, can you reply to my post 12 please?

Also, how do you see Cove's post as ending town discussion? Do you think this makes him scum?[/url]
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, I clearly stated that I would answer the questions AND have explanantions for the questions. Obviously, AKR(A knotted rope your names is too long so im using this) was smart enough to look up some of my games and see what I was trying to do. I will now post my reasons and answers in a one big post. I do not promise nor garuntee that this post will be here today, I need time and I promised another big post in another game that needs my immediate attention. I will try my best to fit this games post in ASAP.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oh, POOH!
I used AKR as my defense to having being asked to answer the questions myself and AKR was the person who asked me first I do believe.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, since there has been a lot of unessecary commotion about my refusing to answer which is a perfectly legit reason to protest but I did state I would make this post in my first post. So please be patient I'm a man of my word and usually do not break promises even if they aren't promises. I'm going to post my answers then my reasons for the questions then my response to peoples reactions. I think most everyone responded except for a few choice people. But now there answers will be wortless to me.

1. Where you from?
New York, USA
2. Coke or Pepsi?
Root beer!
3. Are you nervous?
No, I've played in at least 8 games.
I have two playstyles, One, wich is this game, Blabbermouth. I talk and talk and talk and work towards cathcing scum. Two, is a lazy lurker who would rather eat a bag of chips than post.
Yes, Every game is a new adventure. Questioneer: Really? Robo: No but it sounds like I care.
6. Lynch all lurkers?
Not so much, Maybe if its near deadline and that had previosuly acted scummy, then I might.
7. Lynch all Liars?
I say yes, Liars are people who tried to make the town think something other than the truth. There are certain scenarios where a Doctor or Cop wouldn't want to be revealed on day and might lie to get people off his/ her back. But thats just one of very few exceptions.

Now for the reasons of my questions, for the most part, the reason was to get people out of RVS and to start conversation, Which it did.

1. Where you from?
To get to know the persons background so I don't offend them and to see what time zone their in to expect them to be able to post around.
2. Coke or Pepsi?
A softball question, Make the Person drop his quard, a tactic to get scum to slip, it also gets a bunch of funny laughs out of it.
3. Are you nervous? This is the first approach to find scum. It doesn't exactly work as much cuz what scum will slip on page 1 or 2? They might say, "Yes very" with a little more detail. It might mean they're fired up bcuz they're scum. I promise I will not base a vote off of this because some people are always nervous. This question can also, but not really what I'm looking for, find Poweroles, but I will not rolefish. Not on Page 2, I have some dignity.
Just get to know what and understand why someone hammered someone who was at l-1 for some time or a short time, just to get to know the person.
5. Are you excited to play? Really is the same as number 3 to a slighter degree, In newbie games, everyone new is fired up.
6. Lynch all lurkers?
Sparking discussion and policies
7. Lynch all Liars?
Same as 6.

I will now post my response to peoples response. my responses are in red.
Cove wrote: 1. Where you from?

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Timezone is GMT -3.5
Cool, Time zone noted

2. Coke or Pepsi?

Vanilla Coke was my favorite all time soft drink.
Well alright then

3. Are you nervous?

Not in the slightest. I don't get nervous until LYLO hits. Co-incidentally, that's when my A-game takes over.
Thats good, Having a smart play in LyLo is really useful, please try to spread it throughout the whole game.

I play a logical game and I'm not afraid to take risks. I love high-risk, high-reward play. I can't think of a situation I'd be in this game where I'd need to panic, I stopped panicking when I stopped being a complete newb.
Your an SE right? Can you post a link to some games?

Of course I am. I'm always excited to see red text show up in the role of a lynched player.
RED TEXT!!!! Please don't quicklynch to get to that red text lol

6/7. Lynch all lurkers/liars?

Active lurking is one of my favorite D1 newbie game tells to use. With the lying, it completely depends, as some of the best high-risk high-reward plays involve some lying. One thing though, is that if you are a vanilla townie and claim a PR, this is NOT COOL and is highly lynchable.
I agreee in the fullest

Kleedrac wrote:
1. Where you from?
Yorkton, SK, CA
Good to know!
2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke - anyone who likes Pepsi is scum!
Hold on there tiger, don't pull of more than you can chew
3. Are you nervous?
Not overly, why, are you?
No, why, are you? I can do it too, Snorkel.
Try to build cases, get questioned on logic, get lynched day 1 (at least lately :P )
I hope dying Day One isn't a wish
Very much so
Why?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
Assuming we can't find scum then yes, it gives us less information on the next day but it makes up for that by culling the herd down to active townies and scum which helps more in the long run I find.
Good policy
7. Lynch all Liars?
YES assuming they don't have a very very good reason such as a provable gambit or somesuch.
I understand

This is my first game here though I've played on somethingawful forums and such. I am a little concerned by the three week deadline on day 1 as I can't help but think it will promote ignoring the thread for 2.5 weeks :P No one is going to want to drop the hammer before the deadline and anyone on the block will try to promote weeks worth of conversation. Is this normal for this site? The FAQ listed the average length of a newbie game 3 weeks or did that mean day 1?
No worries Dude, Its just for Day 1, Newbie games can go on for hundreds of posts and maybe even a month or two. My first newbie game had about 52 pages

AKnottedRope wrote:
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1)Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Cool

2)Pepsi, but being from NC, I'm a little biased. (Pepsi was first made in New Bern, North Carolina)
I learn something new evry day!

3)Not at all!
Really? Well why not?

4)Can anyone ever truly define their own playstyle?
I really didn't feel the nitty gritty was nessecary, just the basic stuff.

5)Of course! It's my first game on this site, why wouldn't I be?
I don't know I'm just a mirage........

6)Lynch all active lurkers, especially day 1. That's a huge scumtell to me.
Why is it so huge?

7)In a noobie game, no. I have a feeling people will lie to keep themselves alive if they're scum or not here.
Se;f preservation is a problem, also, people trying to lynch themselves is also a problem. More newb than Noob, i always felt Noob was an insult while Newb was justa term.
Remy wrote:
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
I can't believe I am answering your questions when you are trying to lynch me!
Oh, Right! Sorry I will Unvote at the end of this post, we are leaving RVS and it has no place here.

1) San Diego, California born and raised.
Your another person from California. This site has a lot of australians too but I don't mind at all.

2) Water. I'm not a big soda fan, especially not cola.
I've had someone answer that same way in a different game I used this question.

3) Not today!
How bout tomorrow?

4) I don't think I have a playstyle yet. This is my first game ever. But I am very logically-minded and I tend to stay calm and think things through when others might panic.
I think you'll find a playstyle that suits you.

5) I am excited to play, but would be more excited if it were a real-life game where we were all face to face. Three weeks seems like ages for a single day.
I've played face to face games and they go REALLY fast and don't really come up with logic and reasoning as personal grudges.

6) Not in a newbie game. Maybe the lurkers are just shy and don't know what to say?
What about Active lurking?

7) Yes! Liars make me angry.
OKay, then I won't lie to you.

Unvote.
Vote: Robocopter87
for waiting until after he reads our answers before he posts his own answers to his questions. Scummy move imo.
Thats cold man, and I was going to unvote you.
Kindred wrote:hey everyone
Hi!

1. Where you from?

i'm currently living/working on an island off the coast of darwin, australia
Didn't I tell you that there was Australians around here!

2. Coke or Pepsi?

coke but i also like pepsi max
Okay

3. Are you nervous?

i little it as this is my first game here
Perfectly understandable.

honestly i don't know what i'd do it would depend on the situation
How bout your in LyLo and theres only you, Me and someone else, and Me and the other person is voting for each pther and you have to decide who dies, How bout that situation?

yeah i really want to learn how to play
You shall do well here

6. Lynch all lurkers?

i'm gonna say no
You don't like being a hypocrite so you say no, well i thinks that a bit iffy but I'll let it go

7. Lynch all Liars?

depends on what they lie about[color] Well, why don't you give an example of bad lying and good lying?[/color]

AQUA wrote:
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1. Australia
I totally Called everything

2. Pepsi
I here if you like Pepsi your scum

3. I'm wetting myself
Too Much Information

4. I don't really have one. If I was in a panicky situation I would panic.
Well, Naturally

5. I'm wetting myself
More than enough Information

6. Yes
Because?

7. Depends
Because?

How about you answer the questions yourself, sir.
Just did.
Sorry, for the giant wall of text. I really couldn't stop once I got going.

And as promised,
unvote

AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

robocoptor wrote:6)Lynch all active lurkers, especially day 1. That's a huge scumtell to me.
Why is it so huge?
Newbie scum are inclined to active lurk as far as I can tell from reading few a few (ongoing, sorry) games on this site.

Well you've got a wall-o-text but no assertion, who do you think is scummiest based on your questions?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I don't draw scum based off of RQS, a stage in which conversation is initiated, to call someone scum based off of it would really be just rushing. I'd rather use the information gathered from time than from a few answers.

AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

You still must have at the very least a slight read on a person or two.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Cove »

Robo: My games are in my wiki. If you want examples of things I've mentioned in my question I can point you to direct posts.

I don't like AQUA's responses to the questions. Seems very reserved, not exactly pinning herself down to anything concrete.
FOS: AQUA
vrtra
vrtra
Goon
vrtra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by vrtra »

1. Where you from?
Bay Area, CA baby.

2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke.

3. Are you nervous?
No.

I play a calm, collected game and am not afraid to act on strong suspicions I get from people.

Absolutely.

6. Lynch all lurkers?
No, RL may be preventing them from posting. Lurking is a null tell at best and a scum tell at worst.

7. Lynch all Liars?
Quite contextual, but as a broad answer I'd say yes.
Remy wrote:Vote: Robocopter87 for waiting until after he reads our answers before he posts his own answers to his questions. Scummy move imo.
Unvote, Vote: Remy

A newbie scum would be likely to be looking for things to jump out at people for, and this seems like a good case of it.
Show
The personification of chaos

Role: W/L
Town: 1/0
Scum: 1/0
AQUA
AQUA
Townie
AQUA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by AQUA »

In regards to 6 and 7:

6. Honestly no, unless the mafia is retarded and can't read, then they aren't going to lurk when a lot of people are saying "lynch lurkers".

7. It depends. IMO vanilla townies shouldn't need to lie. Cops and medics on the other hand, maybe.
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Remy »

Unvote

He kept his promise. Just repaying the favor!
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove wrote:
GroupThink wrote: Overreacting already?
You're the one overreacting, hate to tell you.
How so?
Cove wrote:Also, if I was trying to stifle town discussion, why have I answered the questions while you haven't?
Because you're a hypocrite, voting not to answer questions but backpedaling to fit in.

Kleedrac wrote:This is my first game here though I've played on somethingawful forums and such. I am a little concerned by the three week deadline on day 1 as I can't help but think it will promote ignoring the thread for 2.5 weeks :P
No one is going to want to drop the hammer before the deadline
and anyone on the block will try to promote weeks worth of conversation. Is this normal for this site? The FAQ listed the average length of a newbie game 3 weeks or did that mean day 1?
I disagree.

2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1. Dogtown, USA
2. Toilet water
3. Somewhat, but it's natural
4. I like to sniff around alot
5. My tail's waggin
6. Only if they're scum
7. I prefer Lynch All Hypocrites
You never pass a test of faith.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

To clarify what I said earlier about the hammer falling before the deadline; I meant in past games on other forums if one was to drop a hammer too long before deadline on a town lynch it would draw suspicion as the others would claim we didn't get a chance to hear from all possible sides and hear the claim and other such nonsense. Not that a claim is always nonsense by any means but especially in an F11 game such as this one there's nothing for vanilla townie to claim beyond "vanilla townie" which has never saved anyone from a lynch in my experience and effectively just gives the scum on the block opportunity to claim doc/cop without too much fear as it's not a terrible gambit by any means. I'm hoping we won't take 3 weeks to come to an accord on who to lynch but at the same time setting a deadline that far away may as well be no deadline at all and certainly not as effective as a deadline a week away :)
Just my 2 cents of course :)
Lookin' smug since 1979
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - Kleedrac
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(2) - AKnottedRope, Cove
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(1) - vrtra
AQUA
(0)
vrtra
(1) - AQUA
Cove
(1) - GroupThink
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(3) - kindred_spirit, Remy, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”