Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:42 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

I'm not liking this argument between Cove and GroupThink, it feels contrived, and Group is tunneling on cove. Perhaps this is a busing attempt? Also group, you're still ignoring my post 12.
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Cove »

AKR: I'm puzzled as to how a townie's mindset would settle on bussing this early on Day 1.
FOS

GroupThink: Your first post was highly reactionary and stand-offish. I'm not the only person to notice this either. Now, as AKR has said, you're tunneling and withholding information. Down-right ignoring AKR.

Confirm Vote: GroupThink
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Cove wrote:AKR: I'm puzzled as to how a townie's mindset would settle on bussing this early on Day 1.
FOS

Confirm Vote: GroupThink
Just an observation, I haven't "settled" on anything. Why does this warrant a FoS?
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Meh, didn't mean to keep the "confirm vote" part in my quote.

Also, that brings something else up. Why did you feel the need to confirm your Groupthink vote? That seems just as tunnel visioned as GT's case on you.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Cove »

There are multiple reasons to vote someone, with varying degrees of certainty about their guilt. Confirming my vote is just a way of saying that I like it, and that I thin GroupThink is more likely to be scum than the time I voted him.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Cove »

Also, the FOS is because I can't tell for the life of me how a townie would even theorize on bussing from what has gone on. Considering I can't see a townie motivation, it's possible there is scum motivation.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

@ Cove's Confirm vote
Maybe you coulda just said,
"I like my vote on GroupThink." or "I think GroupThink is scummier than before."
Confirming Votes probably give the mod a headache. Theres no need to confirm votes on Page three, seriously.

Also, this leads me to my next point.
@AKR
I think your trying to hard to force someone to look scummy. Your constantly speculating how someones post can be a possible scum suspect. I'm not saying scumhunting is bad but I'm saying theres 9 people here and they all can't be scum. Just two people.

Which leads me back to an add-on to my first point.
@Cove
You seem to have your eyes on groupthink with the confirm vote and vote, but do you have a possible sidekick in mind? Like I said, Theres two scum, so if we hypothetically say Groupthink
is
scum then who is his partner?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

At the moment, I've only shown a suspicion of two: Cove and GT (and it's light suspicion, we're only on page 3)
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Cove »

Well I have active FOSes on AKR and AQUA. More likely AQUA than AKR due to the fact that AKR has been on GroupThink from the get-go. AKR is also right that there's not much to go on yet since nothing significant has really happened outside of GroupThink wilding out.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cove has two FoS's and a vote and confirm vote by Page three.
AKR suspected someone of being scum on page one in his second post.

I'm pretty sure thats over pursueing for the both of you.

So Cove, I think your suspicions are a little more serious,
So you can answer my question about who Groups scumpartner or is your answer Aqua and AKR? And lemme guess Remy is the Cop and Kleedracs the Doc and You need to FoS them too because you think there fake claiming? And might as well double vote/OMGUS vote me because of a gut feeling?

In other words, I think your not being very wise with your voting power. Please provide a case on group.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Cove »

I'm used to a more high paced game, see:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13668

There was a vote, and cases being made, before confirms were over. I'm trying to increase the pace of this game, desperately.

I have as good a case as one can have on anybody in 3 pages. He reacted poorly to the first vote on him, digs a bit too deeply to find things that I've done that aren't scumtells and tries to pass them off as such, is very terse as to not get pinned down to anything, and blatantly ignored AKR's question for him.

I'm convinced he has no interest in helping town to a win.

I don't like AQUA's answers to your questions. They are very short, and just jokes through them "meaty" questions (nervous scum tell). Enough that you had to ask for more clarification. Also as good as any case that can be made on page 3.

We should be sparking arguments and debates, not sitting back and sipping tea and eating scones.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

People have lives, Its a busy time of year for students, Be patient. i understand you want input and I'm sure you'll get some. In time.

AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Hm, I can see how I've been a little overzealous.

In other news, AQUA and Kindred are helluhlurking.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
kindred_spirit
kindred_spirit
Townie
kindred_spirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by kindred_spirit »

i here i wanted to reread through everything first.
Robocopter87 wrote:
4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?

honestly i don't know what i'd do it would depend on the situation
How bout your in LyLo and theres only you, Me and someone else, and Me and the other person is voting for each pther and you have to decide who dies, How bout that situation?
well i would go back over all the posts and try to see which of you has been scummy as well as finding out why you are voteing each other, whether the cases on each of you's are solid or just random. i would then vote for the one which i find more likely to be scum.
Robocopter87 wrote:
7. Lynch all Liars?

depends on what they lie about[color] Well, why don't you give an example of bad lying and good lying?[/color]
ok so for me a ok lie would be if you had a role and are unable to reveal for some reason eg you loose ur powers which would hurt the town or if it would make you a target eg doc/ cop other important role.

a bad lie would be when you have absolutely bo reason for it. if you are hurting the town by lieing that is also not good.

GT ur answers to robo's question's were not cool everyone else has answered properly. then you come along and makes a joke of it. i would really like for you answer the questions properly as everyone else has.
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Remy »

Have a couple of newbie questions. I'm not understanding some of your lingo and the conversation is getting a bit confusing because of it.

What does it mean to "drop the hammer," what is "bussing," and what is FOS?

Thanks!
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Cove »

To drop the hammer is to place the final vote on someone (that makes it >50% majority) meaning that person becomes offically lynched.

Bussing is attacking your scum partner, generally with the intention of lynching them to gain town credit.

FOS is a finger of suspicion, it's a concise way of signifying who you are suspicious of, but not enough to vote them at the time, generally because you have a target you feel more strongly about.

Now that you know, who do you think is scum?
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Ok, I've gone back and read through the thread and found this little jewel
kleedrac wrote:Not that a claim is always nonsense by any means but especially in an F11 game such as this one there's nothing for vanilla townie to claim beyond "vanilla townie" which has never saved anyone from a lynch in my experience and effectively
just gives the scum on the block opportunity to claim doc/cop without too much fear as it's not a terrible gambit by any means
The bolded infers that klee has information on what roles are/are not in the game. According to the first post about the setup
F11 Setup wrote:a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
The only way that klee would know if there were or were not any PR's would be if he and his scumparter were regular goons. Furthermore, All that klee has posted all game has been "fluff" (useless filler posts
IC, is there another term for this?
) and response to Robo's questions. I think that's a pretty compelling case for klee being scum # 1

Unvote. Vote: kleedrac

Thoughts on this?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Cove »

Called active lurking, ties in with lurking from question 6 of Robo's question.

It's worth noting, for sure. Kleedrac: Who is scum?
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Cove, that's not the focal point of my argument. Look at my post again, especially the stuff concerning the quotes.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Remy »

AKnottedRope wrote:Cove, that's not the focal point of my argument. Look at my post again, especially the stuff concerning the quotes.
@AKR: I understand what you are thinking, but I believe you have over-analyzed what Kleed said. I went and reread his whole post, and it sounds to me like he is talking about F11 games in general, not about this game we are playing now. I would not take his words to mean that he knows what roles are in this game.

@Cove: I do not have strong suspicions about anyone at the moment. It is my first game and it is early on day one still, I am going to see how things develop and try to learn a bit more before I make another vote.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Remy, I would agree with you if he had not said that claiming doc/cop was "not a terrible gambit." That kind of setup speculation in a game like this just smells of scum to me.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - Kleedrac
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(1) - Cove
Kleedrac
(1) - AKnottedRope
Remy
(1) - vrtra
AQUA
(0)
vrtra
(1) - AQUA
Cove
(1) - GroupThink
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(3) - kindred_spirit, Remy, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th

AQUA has requested replacement. Somebody offered to replace in at the beginning of this game... I PMed them to check if they still want to replace in.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Robocopter87 wrote:Ok! I just happen to be your friendly neighboorhood IC!
First I suggest that people read up on the wiki and read this so people understand all the abbreviations people use:Commonly Used Abbreviations
Wiki

Remy, I suggested the Wiki and added a link so you could understand what we meant in my FIRST post! You didn't look anything up? I feel so neglected man.

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Cove »

AKnottedRope wrote:Cove, that's not the focal point of my argument. Look at my post again, especially the stuff concerning the quotes.
I was merely answering your question in bold, and saying that your case has merit. I didn't mention the stuff in quotes because I'm not about to start defending other people, that's their job.
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Remy »

Robocopter87 wrote: Wiki

Remy, I suggested the Wiki and added a link so you could understand what we meant in my FIRST post! You didn't look anything up? I feel so neglected man.
I did read the newbie guide and FAQ, but I neglected to read the abbreviations or glossary. Sorry, I fail :cry:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”