Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

You don't fail, I just fail at pointing out the importance of reading up stuff. But as long as you read something, its OK. Remy, Whos your main suspect?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

AKnottedRope wrote:Ok, I've gone back and read through the thread and found this little jewel
kleedrac wrote:Not that a claim is always nonsense by any means but especially in an F11 game such as this one there's nothing for vanilla townie to claim beyond "vanilla townie" which has never saved anyone from a lynch in my experience and effectively
just gives the scum on the block opportunity to claim doc/cop without too much fear as it's not a terrible gambit by any means
The bolded infers that klee has information on what roles are/are not in the game. According to the first post about the setup
F11 Setup wrote:a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
The only way that klee would know if there were or were not any PR's would be if he and his scumparter were regular goons. Furthermore, All that klee has posted all game has been "fluff" (useless filler posts
IC, is there another term for this?
) and response to Robo's questions. I think that's a pretty compelling case for klee being scum # 1

Unvote. Vote: kleedrac

Thoughts on this?
Wow what terrible logic. What I meant was that there's very little risk for any scum on the block to randomly claim something as they've got a 50/50 shot of the town's power role being in the game and it gives the bulk of us who are vanilla town (yes, this includes me) nothing to say if we end up on the block due to faulty logic such as this post. For a newbie game 4 pages into day 1 some of you are taking this a little bit too seriously :) Now @AKR please calm down and re-read my post. I wasn't saying anything beyond defending my point earlier that holding off on a hammer for a claim is bad play in my personal opinion. The leap across the grand canyon of logic you took to interpret that as the dumbest scumtell ever made is insane :)
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Alright, but why did you feel the need to include this:
Kleedrac wrote:it gives the bulk of us who are vanilla town (yes, this includes me)
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Crap

@mod: can you fix my tags?

I fixed the tags.
-Crazy
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

AKnottedRope wrote:Alright, but why did you feel the need to include this:
Kleedrac wrote:it gives the bulk of us who are vanilla town (yes, this includes me)
Because by saying now I'm Vanilla Scum it should assure you that what I just said about scum claiming power roles to not apply to me thus if you guys really wanna lynch me don't bother waiting for a claim that will never come :)
Lookin' smug since 1979
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

Kleedrac wrote:
AKnottedRope wrote:Alright, but why did you feel the need to include this:
Because by saying now I'm Vanilla
Townie
it should assure you that what I just said about scum claiming power roles to not apply to me thus if you guys really wanna lynch me don't bother waiting for a claim that will never come :)
EBWOP
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Haha yeah, I saw that typo and had a "what the hell..?" moment.

Anyway,
Unvote
for now, I'm satisfied.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Cove »

Kleedrac wrote: us who are vanilla town (yes, this includes me)
I think it's a good thing this is a newbie game, because you could get seriously torn to shreds for this elsewhere.

This goes for everyone:

DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE UNLESS YOU ARE ONE VOTE AWAY FROM BEING LYNCHED AND SOMEONE SHOWS INTEREST IN HAMMERING. I don't care how much it helps your case.

If you are indeed town, you just narrowed the field from 7 to 6 (6 to 5 if we don't lynch you and mislynch today) people that scum can choose from if they want to try and hit a PR. Not good form.

Also, those of you not voting, (this includes AKR now), why aren't you voting for someone? Our votes place pressure, and help judge reactions. They need to be used if we're going to find and lynch scum.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

I've read and re-read the thread and while I can't build a convincing case using anything more than a gut feeling I'm going to go ahead and
FOS: Cove
if for no other reason than he's just trying too danged hard! It reminds me of other scum I've seen who throw cases and suspicions and votes around (and a confirmed vote, what the hell is that?!) which appears as though he's throwing suspicion in all directions to keep attention away from himself. As I said this is 90% gut which is why I'm using an FOS instead of a vote here but dude you need to tone it down.
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:24 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

@Cove: I just unvoted klee, I didn't feel the need to keep my vote there anymore. Give me a couple hours to gather my thoughts on who I feel is the scummiest atm.

Also @klee: if you suspect him enough to FoS him, then vote him. A FoS is pointless right now as he doesn't have any votes on him. Also, I agree that the confirm vote makes him a scum point or two.

@Cove again: How many games have you completed on this site? Are there any completed in which you were scum?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Also, happy birthday robo.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Cove »

AKR: Click on the wiki link on any of my posts, or in my profile. I have my games linked there. My only scum game is in an ongoing game, NY111, (I'm dead) linked in my wiki, but I replaced into that position.

klee: Your vote is still on AKR right? Still find him scummy?

AKR: Unvoting without replacing the vote somewhere else is generally a pretty good scum tell, since the person isn't scum hunting. Right now though, nobody is scum hunting and I can't vote out all of you, so I am not so sure it's appropriate in this game.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:10 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

cove wrote:AKR: Unvoting without replacing the vote somewhere else is generally a pretty good scum tell, since the person isn't scum hunting. Right now though, nobody is scum hunting and I can't vote out all of you, so I am not so sure it's appropriate in this game.
To say nobody is scum hunting is not true. I will agree it's going slowly but it IS happening. Also, how is not revoting a scum tell? I'm trying to build a case, not sling mud.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:10 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

wow I suck at writing quote tags, but what am I doing wrong..?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Cove »

You can't build a solid case on anybody after 3 pages. The approach to mafia should be iterative:

-vote based on something (could be random, could be something weak, whatever is available when you first post)
-re-evaluate after you see a response (if you see a response)
-place vote on most likely target at that time (might be the same person, might not be)
-gauge reactions
-re-evaluate and vote
-keep doing this until you hit something solid

I don't see people jumping in and doing the first or second steps. I'm after going through 5 or 6 steps, and I'd be further if I could see a reaction from GroupThink.

About the quote tages you need to put the username in quotation marks.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:23 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Thanks for the tags hint.

You don't have any completed games as scum, so finding scumtells for you based on meta isn't going to happen. However, I've been reading a few pages of this game and I've noticed that you are a lot more active here than you were there. Why?

If anyone is concerned, the three people I find scummiest are GT, vrtra, and cove (in that order). The first two are here because of lurking, with GT being scummier for his earlier behavior. I would include AQUA here, but he's getting replaced. Cove is on the list for his confirm vote, mostly.

Vote: GroupThink
Come back to us, please.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Also, robo has only voted remy once (in the RVS) and, even though giving us a lot of analysis with his questions and has made some small cases against people, but has yet to vote anyone. That gets a
FoS: robo
from me.

Robo, who do you think is scum?
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Cove »

AKR: Read the last few pages of that game. I finished my toughest semester yet at the end of April and I started posting very rapidly near the end. It got to the point where Zorblag (replaced sirdanilot) told me to sign up for another game or two.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:02 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Ok I read it, and your play there is similar enough to your play here for me.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

@ ARK
Did I really get FoS'ed for nothaving placed a vote on page four?
Seriously dude, just hold onto your bridges and wait five seconds.

Anyway, Do I have a mian suspect. Not a main one but yes I do, their name is everyone, because
everyone
needs to be viewed. So my answer is no, on page 4 I do not have a main suspect. You apparently think every single player is scum with your FoS's that do nothing and your vote that flip flops around like a fish on land. Please make a valid case before voting. And if you can't make a valid case then don't vote!

I wanna hear what the following people think about the game, I guess you don't
have
to do it but I would really appreciate it due to it starting conversation.

Kindred- I know your a lurker but what are your views on each player? Can you make a list and add some details, not hes scum, hes town, but uh personality check on people. Please! its my birthday!

Vrtra-You haven't said much about the game so far so just I just want you to talk.

ARK and Cove- I ask you to tone it down a tad and give the others a chance to talk, please don't interrupt there arguements and statements before they hvae finsished them, I said please.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robo, asking me to tone it down is asking me to not scumhunt. How I get information is by looking for people's reactions, and it seems like it's working (my FoS on you got this reaction, did it not?). I think page four is definitely time enough to place a vote. Unless you're a PR, that's the only power we have, so we might as well use it to the fullest.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - Kleedrac
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(2) - Cove, AKnottedRope
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(1) - vrtra
Tidher
(0)
vrtra
(1) - Tidher
Cove
(1) - GroupThink
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(3) - kindred_spirit, Remy, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th

Tidher replaces AQUA.
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Tidher »

Hey all, AQUA's replacement here. My first game on MafiaScum, though I've played a couple before on other forums. I've got end of year exams coming up, so will likely not be around
that
much, but will make a definite effort to check in daily (if not more).

I've skimmed the thread (first two pages thoroughly, last two not so much) so far, and will likely be posting my initial thoughts at some point tomorrow. In the meantime, any queries you had with AQUA, feel free to ask me the same thing and you'll get an answer when I go for my detailed post.
Tidher
Tidher
Townie
Tidher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Tidher »

Oh, and
unvote
, as it seems silly for me to have a vote on someone at the moment without reading the entire thread properly.
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:29 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

Hi Tidher, welcome to the game! I look forward to your imput.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”