Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Muthaa »

@Oopid: As I said before, I don't just throw votes when I can.
Oopidstay wrote:@ Muthaa: You seem to be agreeing with Karma's reasoning, and yet you aren't voting me for it.
You said earlier that Karma's reasoning was crappy, so why does it seem you now think it's good enough reasoning for me to vote you?
ðÿðÀ mð©pe tpð© ÐÆað▓oð╗a ð▓ð©pe.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Karma »

@Robo:
Robo wrote:Also, I don't recall saying its not scummy to do scummy stuff in RVS, I think you made that up.
You said you were purposely acting scummy in the RVS. You're calling doing scummy stuff in the RVS scummy. Therefore, you're calling your actions scummy.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Robocopter87 wrote:Oh Facepalm. Sorry dude. I am such an idiot. I actually have a brother who plays MAfia and thought that he had played in this game as an Alt. You are a townsperson so it made sense to me. Sorry.

Also, Merk told me to post where they said that. Not all of what they said. He said to tell me where they said that their reasons were that. So I did. Ya there are a lot of other reasons on why I'm getting voted. But I showed the ones Merk asked for. Oopid lets be real here. I can't defend against everything. Some points are legit. And I can't just go and say, well, I guess your right and then be beat. Everyone knows theirs going to be an attack with a few pieces of the story missing and a defense with a few peices with the story missing. This lack of peices provides a constant discussion topic and discussion makes Mafia go round. Just being real with you for a second, and don't tell me its not true.
So you have
one
example from someone other than yourself, and even then I am hard-pressed to see how that fit the definition of "ehh scummy".

It provides discussion, true. It also gets people lynched. Theory is very nice and all, but what's the point if all it does is hang you in a noose? (And you better not say "I'm sacrificing myself so the town can start discussion." That would induce an epic /facepalm post from me.) If you're town, you try to explain your logic behind what you did. If people don't believe you...well, ain't life a bitch?

Also, your post was still AtE. Deny it all you want. I'll only believe it if I see your corpse hanging from a noose with the word "town" written on its forehead like the Mark of the Beast. (I will also accept the word if it's written on the back of your right hand.)

@ Muthaa: Just because I believe Karma's reasoning is crappy does not mean that other people must also believe its crappy (as you have demonstrated yourself by agreeing with Karma). The question is why do you agree with Karma's reasoning for voting me, and yet withhold your vote. That's something that isn't making sense to me.

As for your stance on "just throwing votes", having a vote on someone makes you take a stance. Not voting anyone (except in certain circumstances) does the town little good. My take on it, at any rate. Anyone else agree with me?
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Muthaa »

I don't believe that's enough for me to put a vote on. When I usually put a vote (except a random one) it's to stay so I'd rather take my time.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Merkabah »

Why is it that you don't move your vote Muthaa? I see no reason for you to not be able to move it. We even have nifty VOTE: tags now...so why is your vote srs bsns?

Also, can I have links to your completed games? thanks.
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Muthaa »

I am able to move it, I just don't want to because I feel like I don't have enough info. And whats "srs bsns"?
Does abandoned count as completed?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Muthaa: "srs bsns" is serious business. Basically, you're holding onto your vote pretty tightly and everyone would like to know why.
Oopidstay wrote:As for your stance on "just throwing votes", having a vote on someone makes you take a stance. Not voting anyone (except in certain circumstances) does the town little good. My take on it, at any rate. Anyone else agree with me?
Having a vote on someone makes it so the town knows where your suspicion most lies. However, that last question is a little bit rallying and raises some concern.

@Robocopter97: Your main problem with the meta part of the case on you is that I haven't played any of those games with you. I have to ask then: why do you have a link to them in your sig? Am I inaccurately representing you here? It's hard to believe I am considering how you normally are so gung-ho to get scumhunting started.

@Oopidstay: Empking came back. As your vote was on him earlier, do you think the post suffices the time away? Secondly, you're leading a charge against Muthaa. Is that enough to vote him over Hershey / Empking who are lurking? I'm getting the impression by your posts you suspect Muthaa to some degree but I wonder why your vote is not on him instead.

@Kthxbye & Hershey Kiss: Post moar.
@Mod: Please prod these two. Preferably with something like a cattle prod.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Oopidstay »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Empking came back. As your vote was on him earlier, do you think the post suffices the time away?
Not particularly, but we have three lurkers right now, and I only have one vote, sadly.
PaltryExcuse wrote:Secondly, you're leading a charge against Muthaa. Is that enough to vote him over Hershey / Empking who are lurking? I'm getting the impression by your posts you suspect Muthaa to some degree but I wonder why your vote is not on him instead.
I would hardly say I'm "leading a charge" against Muthaa. I'm asking him questions about his behavior, and at least where his voting is concerned, I am satisfied with his answers. What's left over is not yet vote-worthy material, at least over the lurkers.

As for my "rallying," I was just curious if people shared my opinion on why town should be voting.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 am

Post by kyle99 »

Kthxbye and Hershey Kiss have been cattle prodded.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oopid wrote:"I'm sacrificing myself so the town can start discussion." That would induce an epic /facepalm post from me.) If you're town, you try to explain your logic behind what you did. If people don't believe you...well, ain't life a bitch?
Hey, Oopid, did it not work? Has the town not picked up in discussion? I knew that the consequences could be as bad as being lynched, but I'm not focused on survival, survival doesn't get the town a win. Killing the scum does, and the only way to catch scum is to use discussion. I think my priotrities are correct, and I think that the way I went about getting them may not have been the best idea but what good would it do if I backed down from my decision now? if people don't believe me, well I knew the consequences. And now I am getting them but I say that if you will lynch me, don't do it yet. Get a sufficient discussion time then by all means, if that is what the town wishes. What I did was spark discussion to help the town, and my dead body (You won't believe this cuz its all WIFOM till I die) will account for my actions. I don't think you should lynch me, but it is a group decision.

Now, Defending myself isn't going to save me and I don't care if I even am saved, I will make my suspicions clear for future reference.
Empking has not only lurked a lot. When he finally does post its just, "Robo did something scummy" and totally ignored the questions asked to him. I extremly dislike this.
@Empking, if your active lurking and your town it would almost do more good to be replaced. Same for Hershey but Hershey didn't act completly scummy when he posted.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Got prod. Many apologies all. It's been/still is very busy in the KTB household. If I don't find time to review this game this coming break (Thurs - Sat) I'll ask to replace out. For now though, please bear with me.

I did notice that my vote is on the largest wagon and that Robo is at L-1 because of an RVS vote. Allow me to easy his mind till I get an actual read on people in this game.

Unvote
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Kyle wrote:Kthxbye and Hershey Kiss have been cattle prodded.
LoL

Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Merkabah »

@kthx: put your vote back on him. Shouldn't take long to get your head around 5 pages, and robo is scum.

@robo: any particular reason you ignored kthxbye as a lurker after calling out emp and h-kiss?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Karma »

Robo, that's the best you got?

Seriously now, you called yourself scum. I don't see how that is something town would do.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I didn't call myself scum. I don't understand where you got this idea stuck in your head. Your completly ignoring everything I'm saying. Have you fully read the posts in this game or are you just skimming them? Seriously, in my situation, I am doing a pretty darn good job .

Seriously now, you call yourself town, I can see how that is something the scum would do. Your supposed "Scum claim" about me is totally loaded with WIFOM. It isn't a good reason. So find a new one that is a tad bit more sophisticated than," You called yourself scum". Which is a lie. Because I didn't.
Merk wrote:@kthx: put your vote back on him. Shouldn't take long to get your head around 5 pages, and robo is scum.

@robo: any particular reason you ignored kthxbye as a lurker after calling out emp and h-kiss?
Hey, you sound pretty confident I'm scum. And on Page 5! Wow that must be a record, nailing scum in a nine player game on page five.[/sarcasm] You also want me dead on page five for nice little town quickmislynch that makes scum go, as you say, "Yay". I dislike your attitude towards this game, you think that you just chose people and they flip scum all the time, and if not, then chose someone else and kill them?

No, there wasn't any particular reason I missed him. He lurked so much I forgot he was even there. But I really think lurkers aren't my main problem here. Once again, in my situation.

Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Merkabah »

Nah, I've caught scum on page 2 before, it's not a record. Also, essentially saying that scumhunting cannot happen before a certain point (otherwise how could scum be caught so early?!?!) is NOT helping your case.

If defending yourself is your main problem, why would you decide to attack the easiest target ever? Your stated priorities do not line up with your actions.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Merkabah »

EBWOP: Something with some scum and some town motivation = WIFOMy nulltell.
Something with basically 0 town motivation = scumtell.

Why aren't people voting him? His arguments do not defend himself, he attacks easy targets, and his one attempt at moving the game forward didn't work and stalled the game even further.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Empking »

Robo, its scummy because its against obv scum which town had already noticed (because he's obv)?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Merkabah »

@EMP: Robo isn't at L-1 anymore, why aren't you voting him now that he's "obv-scum"?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote
Vote; Robo

I thought I was.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hershey Kiss
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Hershey Kiss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Hershey Kiss »

Merkabah wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:
Merk wrote:So... you wanted to draw out teh scumz by being scummy? Try again, cause town looks for scummy stuff too.

lolreactions doesn't work. Try scumhunting.

(director voice)Take 2, ACTION!
Lol no I wanted to get rid of RVS by being scummy in RVS. Cause your right,
Town looks for scummy stuff
too. And when
they
see scummy stuff they talk and now I think we are out of RVS.

lolreactions do work, they wouldn't be so popular if they just failed miserably. I am scumhunting. But Its kinda page 3 and I really kinda think its impossible too just like call out the scum for the whole game. I can give it a loltry. I hereby declares that the scum will end up being Paltry and Kthxbye! If I am right I will laugh so hard.

Take 2 isn't needed.
unvote
Yay scumslip!

VOTE: Robocopter87
I hope you're joking. Reading up some more, I guess not. This makes me sad.
Merkabah wrote: @Karma: Why are you still voting him if you don't want a quicklynch? Can't he talk without your vote on him?
This, however, is a good point. I still think Karma is scum.
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Muthaa »

Merkabah wrote:Why aren't people voting him? His arguments do not defend himself, he attacks easy targets, and his one attempt at moving the game forward didn't work and stalled the game even further.
Why are you so hasty about lynching him?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 am

Post by kyle99 »

Vote count incoming
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 am

Post by kyle99 »

Day One Vote Count:

Not Voting (2): Kthxbye, Muthaa
Robocopter87 (4): Empking, Karma, Merkabah, PaltryExcuse
Empking (1): Robocopter87
Hershey Kiss (1): Oopidstay
Karma (1): Hershey Kiss
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

*sigh*

Merks stubborn.
Emp's got a horrible reason to vote me.
Paltry is voting off of Meta.
Karma is missing the point.
Oopid I guess isn't so bad.
Muthaa is null for me.
Hershey finally talks after cattle prod.

This really is kinda sad.

Return to “Completed Open Games”