Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:(Yes I did click on the first link to the site you gave and it only showed a freewebs site that said "Alpha site down" so I figured the site was down so I wouldn't be able to find any mafia games to see this hellraiser person you're speaking about. All I saw were some mafia rules below and I did not look on any other pages.)
o.0 The name of the site is AlphaSiteDown... kind of a long story
As for the rules, that was the beginning of the game. I followed the link myself to make sure it was right (as I always do, i like to make my points as easy to access as possible.) It follows to the page I intended it to follow. That's the mod posting rules about that game is all. Read a bit farther and you'll see hellraiser... and quite a few mistakes

Okay, so far everyone's not new, but a bit rusty. This could be fun
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Vayre
Vayre
Townie
Vayre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Vayre »

xite91 wrote: Also, exactly how new is everyone here?
Very new, this is my first Mafia game.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Rain »

Thank you, Xite, for that criticism.

The reason why I voted for mrdean was because I ran through a random number generator, 7 being the result. The unfortunate soul to occupy the 7th position down the list was mrdean. The reason why I omitted to say that was because I thought it was... well, I thought it was superfluous. Whether the reason is "because I ran a random number generator, it told me mrdean was a good target", or Vayre's "eenie meenie miney moe", or simply "because I said so", it doesn't seem to matter.

I realize that posting a reason would help advance the game, and in the future, I will do so.

I must disagree with the similarity between my first post and the example portrayed.
Xite91 wrote:
7 people left in a game
2 are scum
2 people vote person A with good reasons posted and discussed
Person B decides, okay vote! and gives no explination
Next day, ESPECIALLY if person A was town, person B gets criticized because a hammer without explanation is usually an EXTREME scumtell
Now, remember scum gets 1 nk per night
so youre down to 3 town 2 scum, what we call lylo, or lynch or lose
if person B is town, too bad because typically everyone will jump on person B
person B gets lynched
scum win
Person B and I have probably wrote the same exact post, but the conditions were different. In this example, it looks as if B's post jumps in a bandwagon against A, and indeed looks scummy. However, mine was clearly in the RVS. My reasoning was that voting without reason or with an absurd reason (because my gods have willed it) is practically the same. Also, judging a game by numbers alone is misleading. We have no clue to the interactions between persons A and B. While the game you linked may be relevant to the point you're making, one element can not represent the whole.

Also, I'm fairly new to mafia. I've played a variant of it irl (I believe the term here is in meatspace?), never before in a forum.

Thanks again, Xite, for your... warning.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #1

Vayre - Orphen
Orphen - Lateralus22, Vayre
Mrdean - rain
Rain - Xite91
Mirhawk - Mrdean

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Computing

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Vayre wrote:Right now not really and good reasons up, soo.

eenie meenie miney moe

Vote: [O]rphen
Was this vote truly random or was the fact that [O]rphen voted for you earlier influenced your vote?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:Person B and I have probably wrote the same exact post, but the conditions were different. In this example, it looks as if B's post jumps in a bandwagon against A, and indeed looks scummy. However, mine was clearly in the RVS. My reasoning was that voting without reason or with an absurd reason (because my gods have willed it) is practically the same. Also, judging a game by numbers alone is misleading. We have no clue to the interactions between persons A and B. While the game you linked may be relevant to the point you're making, one element can not represent the whole.
Oh, of course. The thing is that a majority of stupid things like my example happen as a result of people not being warned in the first place. I'm not saying that you would do that, but I have to assume you would and fix the problem before there is one. It has very little to do with this game, just something not to do... ever, it just causes problems.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:

eenie meenie miney moe

Was this vote truly random or was the fact that [O]rphen voted for you earlier influenced your vote?
haha searching out OMGUS voters already?
well if that was the case, the eeny meenie could have been him choosing between me or vayre
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

I don't think OMGUS is much of a tell until later in the game when people should have better reasons than that to place their votes.

In any case there's still two players who haven't posted yet, I'd like to hear from them.
Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Computing »

Mirhawk wrote:In any case there's still two players who haven't posted yet, I'd like to hear from them.
Sorry my internet died with no warning yesterday as it is wont to do, and I only just got back home again to fix it.
[quote="Xite91]Also, exactly how new is everyone here?[/quote]
Never played before only heard friends discuss it so I'm as new as they come really ^^;

Is it normal to randomly lynch people right at the beginning? It seems like it would be a bit illogical for a townie to do so to me :/
But I suppose it gets the game rolling...
Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Computing »

And once again I remember that I should preview posts. /fails
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

Xite91 wrote:Also, exactly how new is everyone here?
My second game ever, first game was on this site and i failed miserably. Wolfy can vouch for that.
No need to call me [O]rphen, orphen is just fine.

All this talk, and all this blabbing on about something tiny and insignificant is sidetracking us, and is anti-town behavior. Get over it, it's RVS, all the other reasons for voting are insignificant, and mainly ignored, at least by me. Also doubt a scum would vote without supplying a reason and bring so much attention to himself.
Unvote, Vote Xite
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:Is it normal to randomly lynch people right at the beginning? It seems like it would be a bit illogical for a townie to do so to me :/
It's not a random lynch, it's a random vote, it's for jokes and yes (hence, RVS or random vote stage), it does get the game rolling because otherwise people would have no REAL place to start.

[O]rphen wrote:All this talk, and all this blabbing on about
something tiny and insignificant is sidetracking us
1, and is anti-town behavior.
Get over it, it's RVS, all the other
reasons
2 for voting are insignificant, and mainly ignored, at least by me
3. Also
doubt a scum would vote without supplying a reason and bring so much attention to himself.
Unvote, Vote Xite
1) It is not tiny and insignificant if it happens again, that's why it was a warning

2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp71xMnNTLU

you know what? I'm just going to post a link to myself in ISO so you can read everything I have said.

search.php?author_id=13837&sr=posts

now what you do here^ is you read through everything it says I posted in here (for those of you who don't know how to find that, look to the left under my name)

actually I'll make it even easier, but you actually have to do some work.
First, follow the striked out link.
Second, click return to advanced search.
Third, where it says search for author, put my name Xite91
Fourth, in search in forums, click the road to rome. since this is the only thread I've posted in on the road to rome, it will only show posts from this game.

Now, if you followed instructions well, you should be able to click search and see only what you need to.

3) The point for RVS is that we get the game started, which means you read the posts and try to analyze them to get a scumtell. Granted these are usually not that great, they start to get better as time progresses and you have more of them, without RVS this would be hard to start. Therefore you should refer to a quote I can see using at least 1441456438756982746582745629876 times this game
me wrote:Reread. Think. Then post
if you have questions to what this quote means, follow the first instruction. I clarify in one of my posts.

4) First off, this is wifom and should we really use it in RVS?
Second, it doesn't really matter in some scenarios, like I said before. Therefore

Public Service Announcement

AGAIN I will say that I AM ONLY TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM BEFORE IT STARTS SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO ADDRESS IT IN THE FUTURE.

In case anyone missed it AGAIN
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Computing »

Xite91 wrote:It's not a random lynch, it's a random vote, it's for jokes and yes (hence, RVS or random vote stage), it does get the game rolling because otherwise people would have no REAL place to start.
Ah okay, sorry, I think I've got it now ^^;

In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head C:
Vote Xite91
Vayre
Vayre
Townie
Vayre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by Vayre »

Lateralus22 wrote:

eenie meenie miney moe

Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Xite, your massive overreactions aren't helping your cause any.

I'd vote for you but I'm not sure a scum player would draw so much attention to themselves on day one.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Computing wrote: Is it normal to randomly lynch people right at the beginning? It seems like it would be a bit illogical for a townie to do so to me :/
I've seen some games where instead of voting randomly at the beginning of the game the players ask each other a set of questions that don't really have to do with the game. The end result is the same though, it both gets the game started and allows players to sound each other out so they know a bit about how a player talks and reacts before the game really gets going.
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

Xite91 wrote:
Computing wrote:Is it normal to randomly lynch people right at the beginning? It seems like it would be a bit illogical for a townie to do so to me :/
It's not a random lynch, it's a random vote, it's for jokes and yes (hence, RVS or random vote stage), it does get the game rolling because otherwise people would have no REAL place to start.

[O]rphen wrote:All this talk, and all this blabbing on about
something tiny and insignificant is sidetracking us
1, and is anti-town behavior.
Get over it, it's RVS, all the other
reasons
2 for voting are insignificant, and mainly ignored, at least by me
3. Also
doubt a scum would vote without supplying a reason and bring so much attention to himself.
Unvote, Vote Xite
1) It is not tiny and insignificant if it happens again, that's why it was a warning

2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp71xMnNTLU

you know what? I'm just going to post a link to myself in ISO so you can read everything I have said.

search.php?author_id=13837&sr=posts

now what you do here^ is you read through everything it says I posted in here (for those of you who don't know how to find that, look to the left under my name)

actually I'll make it even easier, but you actually have to do some work.
First, follow the striked out link.
Second, click return to advanced search.
Third, where it says search for author, put my name Xite91
Fourth, in search in forums, click the road to rome. since this is the only thread I've posted in on the road to rome, it will only show posts from this game.

Now, if you followed instructions well, you should be able to click search and see only what you need to.

3) The point for RVS is that we get the game started, which means you read the posts and try to analyze them to get a scumtell. Granted these are usually not that great, they start to get better as time progresses and you have more of them, without RVS this would be hard to start. Therefore you should refer to a quote I can see using at least 1441456438756982746582745629876 times this game
me wrote:Reread. Think. Then post
if you have questions to what this quote means, follow the first instruction. I clarify in one of my posts.

4) First off, this is wifom and should we really use it in RVS?
Second, it doesn't really matter in some scenarios, like I said before. Therefore

Public Service Announcement

AGAIN I will say that I AM ONLY TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM BEFORE IT STARTS SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO ADDRESS IT IN THE FUTURE.

In case anyone missed it AGAIN
1) If it happens again (which it won't, do you really think that bad of us?) we'll deal with it then. Reacting this heavily over no RVS reason? Just a warning? It's a warning that sidetracked us quite a bit, you could of just said "hey would you mind telling us the reason behind the vote, cause if we dont put our reasoning then the scum can vote without giving reasons and itd be really hard to scumhunt." Yet you didnt. You've just dragged on and on about the same thing, and keep repeating the same points over and over again.

2) ??? We have ISO in new forum. Down the bottom. "Display posts by user:" And if you could be bothered to link the first one, why not do it for the second one? Why the guide? This isn't the first time you've blabbed on about something pointless. 2 pages in and you've already gone off-topic many times.

3) Yes, i know what the point of rvs. Why are you telling me this? I just said that i find it mostly useless. And the quote. Why are you telling me this? I know what i'm posting, if i didn't mean or post what i wanted to, or made a mistake, i'll come back and highlight that. I dont need you telling me to rethink what im posting.

4) Now you bring up the point it was "just RVS." So why are making such a big deal out of it? Are you thinking he is using WIFOM now? Why did you add the public service announcement?

Your reacting heavily to slightest nudge. Do you feel in danger?
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Rain »

To be fair, Orphen, Xite's two posts (posted Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 pm and Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 pm) seem to acknowledge that I understood my mistake, then moved on to something else. Which leads me to believe you've rekindle his overreaction and blown it out of proportion.

Since you obviously want to talk about this, then let's talk. Judging by your posts, just about everything you accused Xite of doing (diverting on a tangent, overreacting) isn't exclusive to him. In just two posts, you've covered a new feature in this forum, discussed what seems to be just a neat typography, and dragged on about RVS. In Xite's defense, he was discussing RVS because of my mistake and other people's curiosity. You, on the other hand, could have let this topic dropped. Instead, you decided to write a long post riddled with questions, which does a great job at increasing your post's word count while hiding your own intentions and beliefs.

While I do feel that talking about yourself is a good way to get things going, it should be considered unwise to mention that your first and only game on this site was a miserable failure. I sincerely believe past performances does not automatically reflect on future expectations (your style of play may differ, some might even say you've improved), however, on occasions, they do... rhyme.

Also, asking if someone feels in danger? Hell, I felt in danger when Xite warned me; though I was confident no reason for voting wasn't a big deal, the danger of Xite forming a bandwagon against me wasn't non-existent. In his stead, I would feel in danger too, under pressure of at least 3 people's attention. In addition, I'm sure you remember that out of 9 of us here, 2 can kill at night. Are you suggesting you feel safe from these night kills?

The following is just a side note, admittedly a tangent to this discussion but not totally off topic. Also, it relieves a bit of tension set on Orphen. Did anyone notice the irony of me not posting a reason? I understand that any reason whatsoever may be a good reason in RVS, just to get the ball rolling. But my lack of one actually sparked a more interesting conversation. Imagine if I had added "because I saw his name in the clouds" as a reason...
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:haha searching out OMGUS voters already?
well if that was the case, the eeny meenie could have been him choosing between me or vayre
Maybe, but he did vote for the one play who kept his vote on him.
Mirhawk wrote:I don't think OMGUS is much of a tell until later in the game when people should have better reasons than that to place their votes.

In any case there's still two players who haven't posted yet, I'd like to hear from them.
Either way it could still be a tell, but I do agree that right now at this moment it doesn't mean much.
It seems our IC is nowhere in sight... We start out the game in RVS which will then lead to actual discussion. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... ning_Stage
We pretty much vote randomly but we don't aim to lynch someone randomly.
Rain wrote:Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
Alright, what do you think about Xite's overreaction?
----
@Orphen

What has Xite sidetracked this game from? Do you believe there anything important he could have brought up into the game instead of explaining what he did?

While Xite's overreaction unnecessary in his defense he did have to explain the same things about 4 times before your vote. No while explaining something for the 5th time will piss anyone off, is that what you were going for? Did you think Xite was an easy target to bait so you could use his overreaction as a reason to to lead a bandwagon against him?

@Xite

Do you believe your reaction was appropriate? Was it even required to explain the whole situation over again when you could have simply said you were explaining an important part of the game to rain? What was the main cause for your reaction, was Orphen's accusation, or was it his vote?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Orphen
[O]rphen wrote:1) If it happens again
(which it won't, do you really think that bad of us?)
a we'll deal with it then. Reacting this heavily over
no
RVS
reason
b? Just a warning? It's a warning that sidetracked us quite a bit, you could of just said
"hey would you mind telling us the reason behind the vote
c, cause if we dont put our reasoning then the scum can vote without giving reasons and itd be really hard to scumhunt." Yet you didnt.
You've just dragged on and on about the same thing, and keep repeating the same points over and over again.
d

2)
??? We have ISO in new forum. Down the bottom
a. "Display posts by user:"
And if you could be bothered to link the first one, why not do it for the second one?
b Why the guide? This isn't the first time you've blabbed on about something pointless. 2 pages in and you've already gone off-topic many times.

3)
Yes, i know what the point of rvs. Why are you telling me this
a? I just said that i find it mostly useless. And the quote.
Why are you telling me this?
b I know what i'm posting, if i didn't mean or post what i wanted to, or made a mistake, i'll come back and highlight that. I dont need you telling me to rethink what im posting.

4) Now you bring up the point it was "just RVS."
So why are making such a big deal out of it?
a Are you thinking he is using WIFOM now?
Why did you add the public service announcement?
b

Your reacting heavily to slightest nudge. Do you feel in danger?
1)a)I've played noob games before. I always expect the worst. Sorry guys, that's just how it's gotta be to help grow.
b) That's better.
c)
Rain wrote:Hell, I felt in danger when Xite warned me; though I was confident no reason for voting wasn't a big deal, the danger of Xite forming a bandwagon against me wasn't non-existent.
And my reasoning shows itself there^
Will he ever do it again? Probably not

d) Hence the link to Stewie... You know the new sites iso mechanic (see 2a) Go back and read what I've said. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DROP IT BUT YOU KEEP WANTING AN ENCORE FROM ME. How could I not be inclined to dance?

2)a) Why thank you, that one I did not catch
b)This one's simple. The link was too long. It would not show in my post.

3)a) refer to 1a
b)refer to 1d

Why no sir, I do not feel in danger. I never feel endangered until someone is grabbing the rope and and people are crying kill her (him?) kill her (him?)!!! This is about L-2. I reacted heavily because of 1d and 3a

@Rain
Rain wrote:To be fair, Orphen, Xite's two posts (posted Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 pm and Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 pm) seem to acknowledge that I understood my mistake, then moved on to something else. Which leads me to believe you've rekindle his overreaction and blown it out of proportion.

Since you obviously want to talk about this, then let's talk. Judging by your posts, just about everything you accused Xite of doing (diverting on a tangent, overreacting) isn't exclusive to him. In just two posts, you've covered a new feature in this forum, discussed what seems to be just a neat typography, and dragged on about RVS. In Xite's defense, he was discussing RVS because of my mistake and other people's curiosity. You, on the other hand, could have let this topic dropped. Instead, you decided to write a long post riddled with questions, which does a great job at increasing your post's word count while hiding your own intentions and beliefs.

While I do feel that talking about yourself is a good way to get things going, it should be considered unwise to mention that your first and only game on this site was a miserable failure. I sincerely believe past performances does not automatically reflect on future expectations (your style of play may differ, some might even say you've improved), however, on occasions, they do... rhyme.

Also, asking if someone feels in danger? Hell, I felt in danger when Xite warned me; though I was confident no reason for voting wasn't a big deal, the danger of Xite forming a bandwagon against me wasn't non-existent. In his stead, I would feel in danger too, under pressure of at least 3 people's attention. In addition, I'm sure you remember that out of 9 of us here, 2 can kill at night. Are you suggesting you feel safe from these night kills?

The following is just a side note, admittedly a tangent to this discussion but not totally off topic. Also, it relieves a bit of tension set on Orphen. Did anyone notice the irony of me not posting a reason? I understand that any reason whatsoever may be a good reason in RVS, just to get the ball rolling. But my lack of one actually sparked a more interesting conversation. Imagine if I had added "because I saw his name in the clouds" as a reason...
You good sir are a freaking genius and probably my new favorite noob to this game. (Sorry Kevin)

But, try not to defend other players, it only turns out bad for you no matter who you defend. Trust me.

Okay, so
Fos Orphen

Reasons

[0] Falling under peer pressure (This is obviously a joke do not take it as more)
[1] Overreacting to my
over
reactions
[2] Trying to build a case on me out of something that should have just been a don't do this, okay? okay!
[3] In doing so;
[a] Diluting the thread with useless information
Trying to get me to do the same (and sadly, succeeding)
[c] Making it harder for town to read into things others are saying

@Lateralus I just saw that you posted. I'll respond to you in a second
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Lateralus

Considering I already responded to the rest of what you're saying in my huge post, I'll just answer your question.

Yes and No
Yes because of 1a in my previous post. Also, I love having a little fun. You'll find that most of the time in this game, I'm not so much angry, just enjoying myself.

No because the obvious. How many times did I explain it? How many times did i have to quote my reread think then post thing?
Btw the reason I quoted it so many times was because it seemed like no one was reading my posts... Obviously I was at least a little right.
Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Do my questions make you feel that way, if so that was not my intention.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite wrote:Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Do my questions make you feel that way, if so that was not my intention.
No, that was more towards Orphen. He seems to be trying very hard to make a case on me out of nothing
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Rain »

@Lateralus
Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
Please do give credit where credit is due. I believe it was Vayre's words, page 2 (Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:22 am).

By the way, do you mind answering some of your own questions? I would like to know your thoughts about both Xite's and Orphen's behavior.

@Computing
Computing wrote:In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head
Would the corollary be that you would retract your vote if Xite changes his avatar? How about if I had an avatar portraying SpongeBob SquarePants, would I gain your trust instead?

@Vayre
That's not fair. Why exclude other people from being your target? Anyone could have a number of illusionary scumtells: Nachmamma could be lurking (is that the correct term?), Mirhawk never voted despite knowing full well we are in RVS, Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O), Mrdean voted and never posted again, Lateralus pitted Orphen and Xite against each other with well crafted questions. I'm omitting Xite and Orphen because I am under the impression those two were already in the pool of your potential targets.

Notice that I also omitted myself because, hey, that would be just plain irresponsible. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't base your judgment on who's not popular at the moment but rather on what people say, how they react, and on the flame posts that I'm bound to receive after this post.

@Xite
You've voted for me, gave me a warning, and crowned me your favorite newbie. As flattered as I am, don't you think it's a bit contradictory? I understand that your random vote was Vayre, so your vote for me being random is unlikely. I think we've discussed the no-reason thing for RVS at length, so I doubt that's the main reason (or is it still?). I notice you've cast a Finger of Suspicion on Orphen for 5-6 reasons. Is there anything that makes me more scummy than him at the moment?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Computing
Computing wrote:In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head
Would the corollary be that you would retract your vote if Xite changes his avatar? How about if I had an avatar portraying SpongeBob SquarePants, would I gain your trust instead?

@Vayre
That's not fair. Why exclude other people from being your target? Anyone could have a number of illusionary scumtells: Nachmamma could be lurking (is that the correct term?), Mirhawk never voted despite knowing full well we are in RVS, Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O), Mrdean voted and never posted again, Lateralus pitted Orphen and Xite against each other with well crafted questions. I'm omitting Xite and Orphen because I am under the impression those two were already in the pool of your potential targets.

Notice that I also omitted myself because, hey, that would be just plain irresponsible. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't base your judgment on who's not popular at the moment but rather on what people say, how they react, and on the flame posts that I'm bound to receive after this post.
This^ is reason 1 why youre my favorite. I could not help but see your humor and smile a little to myself. You remind me quite a bit of myself and how I played when I first started. You mess with people while posting, and even throw some good points out there (though they will not hold up for a wagon, but will get good reactions for scumtells)

My second reason is that you seem to be the only one that actually understood my warning you. I applaud you for taking criticism well and at least making me feel like you've learned from it.

Third, you're smart, and you let it known. Pretty much you have the potential to be one of the greats in mafia if you keep up what youre doing.

Fourth, you like megatokyo. that is a plus
rain wrote:@Xite
You've voted for me, gave me a warning, and crowned me your favorite newbie. As flattered as I am, don't you think it's a bit contradictory? I understand that your random vote was Vayre, so your vote for me being random is unlikely. I think we've discussed the no-reason thing for RVS at length, so I doubt that's the main reason (or is it still?). I notice you've cast a Finger of Suspicion on Orphen for 5-6 reasons. Is there anything that makes me more scummy than him at the moment?
Voting for you was part of the warning. But there's a reason it's still on you and not orphen.
Look at the vote count. I'm not sure if it's still accurate (probably not) but I don't want to get orphen at L-2 yet, because I want to get a little more of a read on him first. I'm pretty sure he's scum, but what if i'm wrong? That could mess lots up, hence, FoS instead. I will vote when I am about 90% sure.
That being said, I don't think there should ever be a time where someone is not voting, especially in a noob game. Vote counts help replacements, something noob games typically have a lot of, because it shows replacements at a glance how things are going, and I really don't care to find another random reason to vote.
If you want any more of a reason, you may have learned your lesson, but youre still in time-out until I say so. :D
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”