Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

oh man. damn you sleepless. good move anyway.
was planning to do nearly the same thing when i had the time, too bad you got in before me. was going to do it when i posted a couple of days ago but then work called so put it off. For some reason i had a feeling sleepless was scum when nacho flipped town, and at first thought it was because Nacho had said it was him, but upon reread found he had said mirhawk. lold when i reread that anyway. just wanted to reread through the both of you to double check your interactions with everyone. ah well. gg. i reckon if lateralus had stayed we would of won this game.

id just like to say that the first case i had on xite, i dont see what was wrong with it and why people kept saying i was repeating shit. kinda fell to peer pressure after a while of it, but even now i still believe it was a valid thing. and i was right about it as well. only thing i regret is not lynching xite day 2 when i had the chance. Any comments/tips for future games?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Orphan.. lying at lylo like you wanted to is poor play. You should be relying on actual text, a role claim isn't even reliable at this stage in the game.

Before I had left I was trying to create a case linking Mirhawk + Orphen as scum, or put Xite in as one of them. The problem was Xite was so scummy it was hard to avoid and I didn't want to bus him right then. Not entirely sure what I would have done if I hadn't left, nor why if I would have stayed town would have won. (Sleepless lurked the whole time for crying out loud guys, the role claim at the end should have indicated something was wrong.) If I would have gotten a Mirhawk lynch I might have went after Orphen since he wouldn't be too hard to tie in with Xite, or lynch in general.

I was surprised by both Rain and Nachomma, Nachomma has a solid case, only problem was you were over estimating both players abilities. Rain case was actually pretty good too.

Sleepless played along completely different than I would have, but either way good job.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Haha good game guys.

Gah, I had initial suspicions on Lateralus but when Sleepless switched in I pretty much dropped them. Appears that was a mistake.

Probably should have know better then to Lynch Nacho too. A veteran player probably wouldn't have defended Xite like that if he was her scumbuddy. Oh well live and learn.

@Orphen
I was kinda suspicious of you cause of how you kept pushing people on points that I felt were unimportant. like with Nacho on day 3 or Rain on day 1. Other then that I found you kinda hard to read. As for your case on Xite, I personally found it to be lacking in detail.

I'm curious as to what you guys think of how I played. Looking back I suspect I was too aggressive in slapping down other peoples theories while not posting enough of my own.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:Before I had left I was trying to create a case linking Mirhawk + Orphen as scum, or put Xite in as one of them. The problem was Xite was so scummy it was hard to avoid and I didn't want to bus him right then. Not entirely sure what I would have done if I hadn't left, nor why if I would have stayed town would have won. (Sleepless lurked the whole time for crying out loud guys, the role claim at the end should have indicated something was wrong.) If I would have gotten a Mirhawk lynch I might have went after Orphen since he wouldn't be too hard to tie in with Xite, or lynch in general.
I was hoping not to create too many ties to you/sleepless while still "talking" to you guys that way when I flipped they would never come after you.
If it weren't for lat replacing and nach's case on me being town, though, I don't think scum would have won.

@Mirhawk, to be honest, I sort of ignored you the whole game (was focusing on trying to get suspicion on people for when I flipped scum, so anyone that slipped under the raider may as well have not been playing for me -my biggest mistake probably unless you have a bigger one you'd like to point out ;) )

Hey rain, am I still your backup fiancée?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

That went well.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Not sure why if I stayed in town would have won. Sleepless what were your reasons for your night kills?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:Not sure why if I stayed in town would have won. Sleepless what were your reasons for your night kills?
not an insult lat, it has more to do with how I would have played than how you did
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Night 1 was mostly to throw town a "what the fuck", but also so we didn't have to wait for a replacement to catch up. Night 2, drmy just could not be framed as xite's partner. No reason to keep him. Night 3 was more about who to keep alive. I wanted rain to vote orphen, so mirhawk was the obvious kill for me.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by [O]rphen »

id like to say thank you to incognito for taking over the hosting when wolf disappeared, and doing a wonderful job at that
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

[O]rphen wrote:id like to say thank you to incognito for taking over the hosting when wolf disappeared, and doing a wonderful job at that
QFT
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Xite91 wrote:
[O]rphen wrote:id like to say thank you to incognito for taking over the hosting when wolf disappeared, and doing a wonderful job at that
QFT
Thanks. A mod dropping like that is something that rarely happens around here, but I'm glad I was able to help.

The scum can show their QuickTopic discussion if they'd like.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”