Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Oso »

I was never really sold on KG being sane. Naive would be my guess. Town had WAY too much power with a sane cop. Naive Cop would basically be a VT with some non-functional window dressing. And even if naive, the claim itself with no counter would pretty much make him lynch immune.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Sorry for the delay on the post game stuff guys I've been pretty sick the last few days, I'll get everything up later tonight.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Role PMs:

Oso:

You are a town Tracker Neighbour. You live in the same apartment building as diddin and Friend, and you guys often get together to play some parcheesi as well as just generally talk about stuff. Each night you may talk to each other in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/bh5Wh5nBKNwGy. However, while they are your neighbours, you have no idea what their allignments are. You also have no idea what parcheesi is. Neither do I.

Additionally, each night you may PM me the name of a player, and you will receive the names of of anyone they have visited that night.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good Luck!

KageLord:

You are a town Cop. Each night you may investigate a player by PMing me their name and you will receive a result of either "innocent" or "guilty".

Good Luck!

Humble Poirot:

You are a town Neighbour. You live in the same apartment building as Oso and diddin, and you guys often get together to play some parcheesi as well as just generally talk about stuff. Each night you may talk to each other in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/bh5Wh5nBKNwGy. However, while they are your neighbours, you have no idea what their allignments are. You also have no idea what parcheesi is. Neither do I.

Good Luck!

xvart:

You are a town Doctor. Each night you may protect a player by PMing me their name which will save them from one kill that night.

Good Luck!

diddin:

You are a town Jailkeeper Neighbour. You live in the same apartment building as Friend and Oso, and you guys often get together to play some parcheesi as well as just generally talk about stuff. Each night you may talk to each other in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/bh5Wh5nBKNwGy. However, while they are your neighbours, you have no idea what their allignments are. You also have no idea what parcheesi is. Neither do I.

Additionally, each night you may PM me the name of a player you would like to lock up for the night. That player will neither be able to target anyone that night, nor be targetted by anyone that night.

Good Luck!

vezokpiraka:

You are the mafia watcher. Each night you may send me the name of a player, and you will receive the names of any players visiting that player that night. Your mafia buddies are Super Smash Bros. Fan (mafia godfather) and ChibiSanNub (mafia watcher), each night one of you may PM me the name of a player to be killed and you may talk to each other in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4YHtKiHBhjpRc.

You win when there are no other players other than mafia alive, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.

Good luck!

sotty7:

You are the mafia roleblocker. Each night you may send me the name of a player and that player will be unable to perform their night action if they have one. Your mafia buddies are Super Smash Bros. Fan (mafia godfather) and vezokpiraka (mafia watcher), each night one of you may PM me the name of a player to be killed and you may talk to each other in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4YHtKiHBhjpRc.

You win when there are no other players other than mafia alive, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.

Good luck!

Super Smash Bros. Fan:

You are the mafia godfather, together with your mafia buddies vezokpiraka (mafia watcher) and ChibiSanNub (mafia roleblocker) you want to rid the town of all the player-hating mafiaphobes. Each night one of you may PM me the name of a player to be killed, and you may also talk with your buddies in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4YHtKiHBhjpRc.

As the godfather you are adept at fooling the police and hence will come up as innocent to cop investigations should there be any.

Good luck!

q21, quadz08, Tazaro, charter:

You are a Vanilla Townie. Sure, you're no chocolate or strawberry, but being the most boring flavour of the three at least ensures you're always the last one standing in any neopolitan ice cream tub. You have no special powers apart from your voice and your vote.

Good Luck!

NB:
The RB ability occurs before the JK ability. KageLord was sane.

Night actions:

Night 1

xvart protects HP
Oso tracks HP, Result: HP did not visit anyone last night
KageLord investigates Oso, Result: Innocent
Vez watches Oso, Result: KageLord visited Oso last night
diddin jails sotty (failed)
sotty blocks diddin
SSBF kills HP (failed)

Night 2

xvart protects HP
Oso tracks sotty, Result: sotty visited diddin last night
KageLord investigates HP
Vez watches HP, Result: xvart and KageLord visited HP last night
diddin jails oso (failed)
sotty blocks diddin
SSBF kills KageLord

Night 3

xvart protects Oso
Oso tracks diddin (failed), Result: No result
vez watches xvart, Result: Nobody visited xvart last night.
diddin jails Oso
SSBF kills diddin

Night 4

xvart protects Oso
Oso tracks SSBF, Result: SSBF visited charter last night.
SSBF kills charter

Okay, on the setup. I'm still relatively new to mafia, and this is my first go at modding, so I really didn't have much of a clue when it came to balancing the roles out, and so my first mistake was trying to make the setup as interesting as possible. My second mistake was thinking that after I sent my setup to mith for review and he okay'd it that that meant there were no issues with balance, when mith would have just been checking to see that all the roles fell under the normal umbrella. I've definately learnt a lot about balance from this game, namely not to expect that the game will go in a certain direction. That leads me to the neighbours. When I was coming up with the setup I wanted something that would add an interesting mechanic to the game, and I remembered reading somewhere that the setup of having three unconfirmed neighbours with one member as scum was done to death and so predictable, so I thought if that were true and widely known it would be interesting to have the situation where all three were town and watch the accusations fly. For this reason i thought the three unconfirmed neighbours would actually be a detriment to the town and would thus balance out some of the PRs, especially with two of the PRs belonging to the neighbours (and both did actually target within the neighbour group during the game), but really it's a credit to the three neighbours that they didn't immediately just assume that one of them was scum and instead used their ability to night talk to their advantage.

I guess I expected the jailkeeper to possibly interfere with the town PRs too, and diddin did jail Oso N2, but sotty blocked diddin. That was probably the turning point in the game and why sotty was so unlucky, had sotty blocked anyone else then diddin would have prevented Oso from tracking sotty, and diddin probably would have been the one lynched the next day...so in fact scum would have won the game assuming they successfully NK'd, which they probably would have as vez found xvart N2, so really the game was on a knife edge at that point. The watcher role was another that I expected to help balance out against the town a bit, as I figured it was a great role for scum because they could find the PRs (which vez successfully managed to out both the cop and the doc) and it was also just a good claim for scum (I was starting to worry a bit when people began saying that a scum watcher was not a normal role).

Also with KageLord, I didn't even think about sane or insane when I did his flip, and then when people began to question it I decided to leave it unrevealed as that was when I was beginning to worry that town were overpowered so I though by not revealing Kage's sanity it would balance things out a bit. In hindsight, I would have definately removed one of the PRs, probably the doc, or I would make Kage insane or something to balance things out.

As for analysis on the game play I think I'll do a quick read-through before I post that to refresh my memory, two of the biggest things for me though were that I think scum came out firing a bit too quickly and in doing so put themselves in the firing line, as well as I think the town handled the Tazaro situation pretty poorly. Other than that though I was pretty impressed with the gameplay overall although a few anomolies baffled me (eg jays abrupt post stating HP was 100% confirmed scum, not sure where he got that.) But yeah, if you guys would like a proper analysis I'll do a re-read first, at least now I know to write notes during the game for next time.
vezokpiraka wrote:We could have used the ability and kill but we found out this during night 3. At that point it didn't matter.
This is why reading your role PM is key.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Oso »

I agree.

That Sotty7's block of Diddin allowed me to get a result was key I think. It wasn't strictly needed for a town win but it sure did help a lot in finally getting the first scum lynched and flipped so that some decent connections could start being made.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:33 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”