Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Phaen »

Robocopter87 wrote:
@Mod: If I may suggest, it might be a good idea to put vote counts at the beginning of each day so people can see how many people are living and to see how much to lynch. Thanks!
Thanks Robocopter, I will do this in the future.
mykonian wrote:ok, most annoyance about the game is gone: now the next step.

Phaen, this probably was a first time you modded, but really I expect a little more from a mod. It was fortunate this was a small game, but if you are as active as this all the time you have a big chance you are going to kill your own game. I've found that the mod's activity is quite important for the game's activity. You were lucky you didn't have so search for replacements or prod a lot, because a few players gone, together with the late start and the very long night could have set the game into collective lurking.

If you go and make a mini-themed setup (which I do advice you: creating a setup is one part of being a good mod, and you can get help from setup-reviewers (see appropriate topic in MD)), you could keep it either somewhat smaller, or you could really force yourself to take a look at it often, checking if someone needs prodding, making a votecount etc.

Please take this as constructive criticism. It is intended that way.
Thank you for the criticism. I thrive on feedback. Yeah its my first time modding...

I apologize for the late start to Day 1, that was a mistake (obviously). But otherwise I was never gone more than 24 hrs. How active is necessary?

I didn't extend night because of any inactivity of my own, I extended it because I didn't want to have any player (in this case Cirdua) V/LA for the entire night... it would confirm him as Vanilla wouldn't it? Little did I know he was gonna have to go V/LA again D: what is the best thing to do in that situation?
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Try and post votecounts everyday. And more frequently if votes start flying around and less frequently if they barely move. Luckily for you, the game was short so activity wasn't an issue.

Two V/LAs? Replace them. If someone goes V/LA for too long a time, find a replacement immediately.

@ Myk,
Sorry I am not good in LyLo. It made sense from both points of views, and AV and Don were both attacking so it was a 2 on 1 thing. It was really a mess to put together.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:53 am

Post by mykonian »

in case someone isn't there, just stick to your deadline. Put in the rules that no action before deadline means you don't get an action. Yes it screws the town, but inactivity does that anyway. Replacing is also a good idea if someone really isn't there.

@Robo: I know, but that has either to do with confidence, and otherwise simply trying to get a clear mind about what is going on.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am

Post by mykonian »

AurorusVox wrote:I think DJ's claim was ballsy, and I thought it was because he suspected Cirdua of being the cop but it looks like it paid off :P Myk's cop claim post was more convincing, I think, but when he started rushing Robocopter to not wait for Cirdua, that seemed to be the thing that turned Robocopter the other way. I mean, RC thought DJ was scummiest before the cop claims came in :o
He was clearly letting you confuse him. Waiting longer wouldn't make anything better if you simply don't get what is going on.
It looks like I did quite well at hiding the scumteam before that, and I only got investigated because you thought I was town? So at least I know my scumgame is alright :p I guess it didn't matter that I defended DJ at the end because even if I hadn't, you (Myk) would have known that there was the scumteam right there :) But I still don't get why you thought I would continue to think DJ was scummiest, when I had to pretend that his counterclaim had a fake report? If you're the fake cop, DJ must be the real one :O
As town, you wouldn't have anyway of knowing DJ was the real cop. In case it came to me and DJ, your strongest reads, you pick me over DJ 90% of the time. Which you didn't, of course, because you were scum :P

The stated story was partly made up, I'm afraid. I had very little reads, budja was a very weak one. I was merely taking one of the two followers on the lynch. It was a 50-50 between you and Robo :(
Yay, no more obsessive re-reading to check that my posts aren't scummy before posting them :D
they are, but I won't tell you until I am in a game where you are scum again :P As soon as I had that report, the tells were so easy to find. I don't mean to add pressure :twisted:
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 am

Post by AurorusVox »

:O You're hiding my scumtells from me you big meanie :(

And yes, I'd have said that I thought that you were the real cop if you had gotten a report on someone else. If you'd gotten inno on anyone, or a guilty on DJ, I'd have bussed DJ, no question about it. But I had to pretend that your report was fake, and if you had a fake report, I had to pick DJ as the real over you :)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 am

Post by don_johnson »

myk: i know you're frustrated, but please give credti where credit is due. av and i correctly identified town's weaknesses and used them to our advantage. i do not take offense to the idea that the victory was "stolen", but the name of the game is "mafia". there is no reason the scum team should play fair. you also have to realize that it was partly your own play which helped to confuse robo. personally i think you should have come out stronger against av from the start of day 2. you weren't acting like you had a guilty on him, though i understand your line of questioning, you shouldn't have let yourself be corraled into the idea that cirdua was his partner. i think you played well, don't get me wrong, i just think scum played better this time. we did everything we needed to do to win.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

av and i correctly identified town's weaknesses and used them to our advantage
This.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 am

Post by mykonian »

I'm annoyed with the weaknesses if that wasn't clear yet. I feel like any decent player on Robo's position could have won the game.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey, please don't frame the loss on me.

Xscorp could've helped out a little and not acted like bait.

You could have been a little more calm in the LyLo so I would listen to you.

AV did a good job. Don kinda, but it kinda fit the cop role so it was OK I guess.

This loss is not all my fault.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I do take blame though, but more minor blame.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

Post by mykonian »

Robocopter87 wrote:Hey, please don't frame the loss on me.

Xscorp could've helped out a little and not acted like bait.

You could have been a little more calm in the LyLo so I would listen to you.

AV did a good job. Don kinda, but it kinda fit the cop role so it was OK I guess.

This loss is not all my fault.
I know scorp. It won't help whatever I say.

I told you a general truth: read
before
it became a mess. You didn't.

Now, and this is the most important bit: why would I be calm? I was a towny and another towny couldn't see the truth. it is maddening. While a scum who is losing is going to sound defeated, desperate, etc. You make up a tell: being calm=being towny.

Seriously, that is not my problem. You are going to be wrong with me everytime that way.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I think a Townie would be smart and prove how frikkin obv it is through calm means. You didn't, I usually cannot see through emotions so easily as plain simple words.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:28 am

Post by mykonian »

Next time I'll swear, you know I'm a towny. I also noticed you called me stupid there. I love you.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I didn't call you stupid. Where did I do that? If I did, I'm terribly sorry. I don't usually call people stuppid unless they get on my nerves, a LOT. But you haven't I understand you being upset on the outcome of the game.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 am

Post by mykonian »

shouldn't be posting this late, I'm sorry I overreacted.
Cirdua
Cirdua
Goon
Cirdua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Cirdua »

AurorusVox wrote:Cirdua, lol, you've quoted my genderbender in your sig <3 I called you he later on ._.
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a game of Mafia. Correcting a mistake afterwards doesn't make it by any means less scummy! :P

But nevermind me, I just love to quote things like that. I once quoted banana 563 saying "I bet [Cirdua]'s going to sig this too" (it was in referance to something else, but I liked this one better)
AurorusVox: About Cirdua [...] when she comes back [...]
Cirdua: That's
he
, thank you.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”