Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (1): Kalofer
DavidParker (1): Zombeh-Pug
Abe27342 (1): FakeGod
tvellalott (2): DavidParker, Zachrulez

not voting: Nikanor, Abe27342, tvellalott, NashiNashi
alive: 9 majority: 5
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Kalofer »

David, that post was the funniest thing I've ever seen on this site yet, I LOLed so much, honestly I think you should become a writer (if you aren't one already, I mean I know you're a write but I mean...you know what I mean).

Tvellalott, my mum (who was passing by) said your avatar looked handsome, however I'm also puzzled as to why you unvoted, were you perhaps tired of waiting for zombeh to respond seeing that your "pressure" vote was going nowhere?

Zach, to be honest I didn't cast suspicion on your inquiries, I cast suspicion on the reason for the inquiry as I didn't think there was a point in you inquiring and now looking back in retrospect I see that my questions were kinda stupid too (please forgive me I'm a big noob) as they were kind of rhetorical and too philosophical (as in with the what is normal and not normal I was referring to behaviour in the game in general not specifically to David's behaviour). David was playing the game quite dangerously with his excessive use of humour and devil-may-care attitude and that post of his surprised me mainly due to its seriousness and the fact that no one said he wasn't normal as if his facade cracked.

David, yes I'm not happy that you're not answering my questions. I don't know what I wanted to achieve with them, I guess I wanted to see what your reaction would be and then I'd go somewhere from there. Oh and thanks for the ferris wheel ride, I haven't been in one of those in ages.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kalofer wrote:
Zach, to be honest I didn't cast suspicion on your inquiries, I cast suspicion on the reason for the inquiry as I didn't think there was a point in you inquiring and now looking back in retrospect I see that my questions were kinda stupid too (please forgive me I'm a big noob) as they were kind of rhetorical and too philosophical (as in with the what is normal and not normal I was referring to behaviour in the game in general not specifically to David's behaviour).
David was playing the game quite dangerously with his excessive use of humour and devil-may-care attitude and that post of his surprised me mainly due to its seriousness and the fact that no one said he wasn't normal as if his facade cracked.
That's pretty much the crux of the matter. It's not normally important, but it became important to me because he felt it was worth mentioning.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 am

Post by FakeGod »

DavidParker wrote:@FakeGod: Why did you choose your username/What does it come from? And, you said you got "vote devices" ready when tvellyboy (yes, that's my new nickname for him) said I sounded scummy, but you never voted me, did you agree with him? What do you think of early bandwagons(scummy or not-scummy, pro-town or anti-town, etc)?
@David: FakeGod sounded like a good scummer name. Because tvell didn't commit his vote, I assumed he was just joking around. I treat early bandwagons just like other bandwagons; they could be scummy/or not depending on the circumstances, but I consider most bandwagons to be informative, and therefore helpful to the town.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Nikanor »

DavidParker wrote:Now, next in line to bungee jump off the Great Wall, is my good friend and associate, Nikanor! Now, dear Nikanor, why are you so set on not teaching people? In fact, I find it's easier to go about your agenda (whether that be a town-agenda or scum-agenda) if you do so by teaching people and explaining why something is so, and someone is that, and somehow is how. You mentioned zach was fence-setting but chose not to vote him? At this stage, why aren't you using your vote yet?
a) I have an intuitive playstyle that doesn't really lend to me explaining my suspicions well. On top of that, I had a bad experience with my first game as IC. For those reasons, I'm going to shy away from teaching for a while.
b) At the time, I didn't deem anyone yet worthy of my vote. Fence-sitting on page three is hardly a vote-worthy offense, and I figured it'd be better to pressure Zach a little without placing my vote on him.

About your post, David; I think I've found a tell! I'll wait to see if it plays out, though (and this is just a note to self for when I re-read).
Zach: It's the same tell that I've figured out I can catch your wife with, as of the last game I played with her. Don't tell her, though. :D

Vote: FakeGod.

Yeah, really.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

I apologize for being pretty inactive compared to everyone else, been studying for my Spanish I Final. =p
DavidParker wrote: Having reached our destination of Hadjuborsomeny, Hungary, the next to disembark, is are friendly flight attendant, Zombeh-Pugna. Now, Zombeh-Pugna, opted to do a random-vote, that was entirely random.. What do you think the purpose of the RVS (random vote stage) is? Now, do you think your vote helped go about that purpose or was it just for the sake of it? Also, why didn't you role a 9-sided dice?
The RVS's purpose is for random voting of course, not much to go off at first so might as well make a random vote! My vote definately filled that purpose. And a 9-sided die might land on one of the 8 people twice putting them at a disadvantage. (I'm obviously not including myself in the dice-roll.) On a different note, the added pugna actually sounds pretty cool.

Kalofer wrote: Tvellalott, my mum (who was passing by) said your avatar looked handsome, however I'm also puzzled as to why you unvoted, were you perhaps tired of waiting for zombeh to respond seeing that your "pressure" vote was going nowhere?
I'm also interested at the random unvote with no reasoning, even if it was for the reason you mentioned.
And the part about your mom thinking he's handsome made me laugh pretty hard tbh.(No offence to tvellalott if that's undoubtedly him in his avatar.)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Oh dear.

David Parker thinks Zombeh needs some teaching.

1) The purpose of RVS isn't "random voting" that is the action that occurs during RVS. What I asked is, WHY do people randomly vote? How does it help town? Why is it a stage used at all in the game?? I think once you figure out or read up on what the actual purpose behind RVS is, you will see why your vote, which was 100% random, is anti-town to a certain extent (although by bringing it up and attacking you for it, it has been a somewhat productive vote ironically).
2) The reason I asked about a 9-sided dice, was to included yourself in your random vote selection. If you were making it entirely random, why do you think not including yourself is necessary? It's random so including yourself shouldn't be an issue, to me that seems something scum are more likely to do (as self-voting draws negative attention), although I don't think it's necessarily a strong scum-tell that you only chose to randomize from other people.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by tvellalott »

1) tvellalott is my name... Tom Vella-Lott. I used to have silly aliases, now I just use my name. Blah. (Tell your mum thank you)
2) I unvoted Zombah because I thought his explanation on page 3 was fine.
3) I didn't explain myself because I was in a hurry.
4) I'm explaining what I'm doing and why I'm doing it because I don't know what else to do.
5) I FoS'ed him AFTER i voted him because prior to that post I didn't have a reason to vote for him.
6) Any other questions?
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

@DavidParker Now I have to ask, how would 100% RVS be anti-town? I operate on the belief on drawing out talk, talk, more talk. Eventually the scums will start to leak. I do think that sticking to 100% RVS is a bad idea, though. Right now we are nowhere near it.

The last game was, well, shall I say I don't know how badly or well it went as far as a game goes as I have few past experience to compare with, but the fact that our town lost was a good indication that at least something was done badly. If anything, IMO the biggest downfall was the speed of lynching, it was bam bam gone. By no means I think we should go for a no-lynch. What I don't want this time is an opportunity for a quick lynch draw to turn into a quick hammer by the scum. Do I think you are wary of it? I think you are less wary than me, as you have a far wider background experience. Having said that, would you not agree that had we, and I mean the players before you, took our time, it would be far less of a speedy disaster?

Regard to quality versus quantity. I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Especially in Day 1, I'm leaning toward quantity purely because there are more room for slip ups that way.
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Abe27342 »

After rereading the thread, there's one player in particular who stands out to me. Look at this:
FakeGod wrote:I think that's everyone...
Kalofer wrote:
Vote: FakeGod
...for being a heretic.
FakeGod wrote:
Vote: Kalofer
..... for blasphemy!
FakeGod wrote:
Abe27342 wrote:
Vote: NashiNashi

Anything you have to offer? So far you've only posted a /confirm, so either you haven't checked up on the thread in a day or are lurking.
I think this could be scum looking for a easy target (like a lurker) to attack early on, trying to give a town-impression.

Unvote, Vote:Abe27342
FakeGod wrote:
tvellalott wrote:
DavidParker wrote:guys chill with the walls, already!!! people are making serious votes out of nothing already...

i lol'd @ nikanor attacking zach for fence-sitting.
thats mafia talk if i've ever seen it.
What, you wanna grill him till fesses up? (gets
torture
vote devices ready)
FakeGod wrote:
Kalofer wrote:Yes, that is more or less what I did, shouldn't we question everything?
It's good to exercise a healthy dose of suspicion!
FakeGod wrote:
DavidParker wrote:@FakeGod: Why did you choose your username/What does it come from? And, you said you got "vote devices" ready when tvellyboy (yes, that's my new nickname for him) said I sounded scummy, but you never voted me, did you agree with him? What do you think of early bandwagons(scummy or not-scummy, pro-town or anti-town, etc)?
@David: FakeGod sounded like a good scummer name. Because tvell didn't commit his vote, I assumed he was just joking around. I treat early bandwagons just like other bandwagons; they could be scummy/or not depending on the circumstances, but I consider most bandwagons to be informative, and therefore helpful to the town.

The ONLY time he has any response with some sort of content pertaining to the game IMO, is when he's directly called out. That's every single post of FakeGod's, along with Kalofer's vote on him at the beginning. FakeGod responded with (possibly) an OMGUS vote. Also, his vote on me is quite hypocritical. This is really the biggest lead I have right now, so VOTE: FakeGod

Now, in response to David, In hindsight on the whole saying you're voting for pressure, it was a really stupid idea. Sometimes you can't see what's obvious though before you've done it. I believe the main question you have is the WHY SO SERIOUS?? Well, basically I'm no joker like you.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 am

Post by FakeGod »

I'm at L-2 I believe.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Zachrulez »

FakeGod wrote:I'm at L-2 I believe.
Yeah... got any thoughts on the game?
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Kalofer »

Zach, what's your opinion of FakeGod?
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

Gather round kiddes, todays topic: RVS.

RVS, or Random Vote Stage, is the commonly accepted way to start of a Mafia Game. It's purpose is essentially to get discussion started and make people post at the start of day 1. With that said, votes are generally not random, and there is some (joke) reason behind them. Admitting to doing a purely random vote is kind of counter-productive, as we need to get discussion started, even if that kind of discussion, is "VOTE: ZACHRULEZZZZZZZ CUZ HES AN IC AND IF HES SCUM WE WILL LOSE CUZ EVERYONE WILL LISTEN TO HIM", that is a pro-town kind of first post to make. Whereas, saying "hey i rolled an 8-sided dice and it came up with "this name" so I'm going to vote for him is anti-town, because there's no discussion there, its just you playing along and conforming to the way mafia is played here, but not really trying to help find scum.

Didn't explain because you were in a hurry?!?! in future, you should probably say, "will explain later" or simply unvote later when you have time to explain.. i'm still not buying it.

Consider my vote on Tvellalott a "serious" vote now, rather than a vote apart of the RVS.

Also guys, FakeGod is town.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kalofer wrote:Zach, what's your opinion of FakeGod?
He looks legitimately scummy to me. He hasn't been scum hunting aside from a quick comment about abe, but even that seemed to just feel like throwing a quick stance out there where there isn't much to criticize.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DavidParker wrote:
Also guys, FakeGod is town.
Why?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:38 am

Post by DavidParker »

I rubbed my magic 8 ball.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I was looking for some kind of actual reasoning.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 am

Post by FakeGod »

DavidParker wrote: Also guys, FakeGod is town.
I like this guy.
DavidParker wrote:I rubbed my magic 8 ball.
You're my hero!! :D

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 am

Post by FakeGod »

Zachrulez wrote:
He looks legitimately scummy to me. He hasn't been scum hunting aside from a quick comment about abe, but even that seemed to just feel like throwing a quick stance out there where there isn't much to criticize.
o rly, why didn't you point this out yourself when you noticed it then?

perhaps you're "going with the flow" in your attempt to look town and not stand out.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Zachrulez »

FakeGod wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
o rly, why didn't you point this out yourself when you noticed it then?

perhaps you're "going with the flow" in your attempt to look town and not stand out.
Because no one picks up on absolutely everything that happens in the game. I hadn't actually noticed your play until it was pointed out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Your attempt to make me look suspicious without acting on the suspicions you are trying to create is noted though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also... I think I'm gonna
Unvote
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 am

Post by FakeGod »

Zachrulez wrote:Your attempt to make me look suspicious without acting on the suspicions you are trying to create is noted though.
Zachrulez wrote:Also... I think I'm gonna
Unvote
So........because I'm trying to make you look suspicious without acting on the suspicions I'm trying to create, you suddenly think I'm town?

......... o.0

Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

How do those two posts even infer he's thinking your town?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”