Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 24, Socrates wrote:Incog, why is that wagon better than others?
cuz I don't like MPR's post 18. If you look close enough at it, I'm sure you could figure out why.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I hate that Professor Leyton guy already.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Incognito wrote:
Post 24, Socrates wrote:Incog, why is that wagon better than others?
cuz I don't like MPR's post 18. If you look close enough at it, I'm sure you could figure out why.
TownSpyre would've caught scum by now. It's a perfectly reasonable post.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

...for RVS.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Incognito »

How do you know SSBF isn't scum?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Socrates »

@Incog: Mmm. If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, then eh. I personally have never seen that kind of thing ever actually result in a scum flip.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I hate that Professor Leyton guy already.
Then everything is going as planned.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Incognito »

Socrates, I think it's somewhat comparable to this post made by a fairly newer scum player during the so-called RVS in a past game I modded. I'm not kicking and screaming for MPR's lynch right now, but I'd rather like to pursue this avenue.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Socrates »

Very well.

@SSBF: Why did you vote MPR?

(In retrospect, I think I did this in the wrong order.)
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Oh hai der.
FLASH OF GREEN
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I think we need to use the bankable idea to the towns advantage.

No we shouldn't lynch immediately, that would be horribly detrimental to the town, but I think it would be a good idea to not wait until the deadline to lynch. If we were to wait until the deadline, we would start to notice the Days to decline and we would have less time to find scums overall. I'm going to do some math here.
Day 1 deadline: Twenty-one days
Day 2 deadline: Fifteen days
Day 3 deadline twelve days
Day 4 and onward deadline: nine days

Twenty-one days is standard for most Mafia games. Lots of time, right? However, that will start to decline. Luckily, every day that is not used gets carried on to the next Day. We need to use this wisely.

My suggestion for the first day is to lynch around six days before the Day 1 deadline. Doing some math, this rounds up to 29% of the time saved, which would put us in a position where we can use the same amount on Day 2.

We will still need to conserve, however. Day 2 and Day 3, we should consider conserving as close to the 29% of a Day deadline as we can. Doing this will leave us with this result:
Day 2: Twenty-one days (29% of Day 1 conserved, lynched six days before deadline)
Day 3: Eighteen Days (29% of Day 2 conserved, lynched six days before deadline)
Day 4: Twelve Days (28% of Day 3 conserved, lynched five days before deadline)
Day 5 and onward: Nine Days

This looks a lot better to you, doesn't it? This will give us more ability to scum hunt in a longer period of time and benefits town more then scum, so we don't have to rush nearly as much.

Any opinion on the idea? When do you think we should lynch on each Day?

Socrates wrote:@SSBF: Why did you vote MPR?
One it was because it was RVS. Two was to help form a bandwagon on him to see how he would react. So far, it's working. Like for example:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Oh, hey, I don't feel like shouting. Let's wagon someone else. I have a feeling this MPR dude is town.
Why is he concerned about a bandwagon that isn't even based on him being scummy? It's not like we're planning on lynching him yet.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Socrates wrote:@SSBF: Why did you vote MPR?
One it was because it was RVS. Two was to help form a bandwagon on him to see how he would react. So far, it's working. Like for example:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Oh, hey, I don't feel like shouting. Let's wagon someone else. I have a feeling this MPR dude is town.
Why is he concerned about a bandwagon that isn't even based on him being scummy? It's not like we're planning on lynching him yet.
I don't like how he dropped his yelling act at the same time that he made this post. Seriousness + worry = I think he's scum, so I'm going to keep my vote on him at the moment.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Socrates, can you go ahead and claim scum, please?
green shirt thursdays
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Actually, I just couldn't figure out a way to say it in caps that didn't sound grammatically awkward. And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned, unless they're a jester. Hi Elli.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

And no, I'm not *concerned* that I'll be lynched, as such. I figured that I should comment on the fact that I'm the closest to dying as of yet.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Actually, I just couldn't figure out a way to say it in caps that didn't sound grammatically awkward. And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned, unless they're a jester. Hi Elli.
MehPlusRawr wrote:And no, I'm not *concerned* that I'll be lynched, as such. I figured that I should comment on the fact that I'm the closest to dying as of yet.
Then what are you concerned about?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Socrates »

xRECKONERx wrote:Socrates, can you go ahead and claim scum, please?
Okay. I am a Werewolf roleblocker.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 pm

MehPlusRawr wrote:And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned,
I don't see a good reason to be concerned over a bandwagon that started over RVS that put you only at L-3. Since we're starting to move away from RVS, I highly doubt you'll be quick lynched anytime soon.
MehPlusRawr wrote:And no, I'm not *concerned* that I'll be lynched, as such. I figured that I should comment on the fact that I'm the closest to dying as of yet.
Did we ever say that you were concerned about being lynched? The best I could find was that you were concerned over a RVS bandwagon. Also, I'm not sure how the "Let's wagon someone else!" comment was related to commenting on you being the closest to being lynched. I think you're overreacting on the situation.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Hai Meh! How have ya been feeling?
FLASH OF GREEN
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Korts »

vote: Socrates

Don't seem to remember you preferring to go without a random vote.
MehPlusRawr wrote:...for RVS.
Make no apologies. Specially not for "RVS". Fucking hate that phrase.

As for Reck getting vigged: no. If Reck is to die by the town's hands, he will be lynched, no way are we going to vanillize a town killing role. I think this discussion can be fruitful--Reck's death means robbing the scum of being able to fuck with our heads, but also the town of a confirmed innocent down the line. Now, I think having a confirmed innocent in the endgame is very valuable, but will the scum keep him around for that long? Discuss.
scumchat never die
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

DemonHybrid wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Actually, I just couldn't figure out a way to say it in caps that didn't sound grammatically awkward. And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned, unless they're a jester. Hi Elli.
Then what are you concerned about?
The second quote was attempting to rephrase the term "concerned," because though it's obviously a matter of interest to me that I'm being wagoned, I'm not actually worried that I'm about to be lynched.
MehPlusRawr wrote:And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned,
I don't see a good reason to be concerned over a bandwagon that started over RVS that put you only at L-3. Since we're starting to move away from RVS, I highly doubt you'll be quick lynched anytime soon.
Did we ever say that you were concerned about being lynched? The best I could find was that you were concerned over a RVS bandwagon. Also, I'm not sure how the "Let's wagon someone else!" comment was related to commenting on you being the closest to being lynched. I think you're overreacting on the situation.
The wagon was growing too quickly for my liking. And yes, you did say that I was concerned about being lynched, in this quote.
It's not even close to an overreaction, either. It translates to "Eh, I'm getting voted, but it's RVS so it doesn't really matter. Anyways, I always like having other people getting lynched over me, because I'm always confirmed FMPOV as whatever alignment I am, and lynching people of my alignment brings me further from winning!"

...that last sentence was awkward.

Korts, I was kidding about vigging Reck, it's a continuation of the signup thread. I don't think we should lynch him, though- we lose a lynch and a confirmed innocent, all for a bit of redirection. Redirection can screw us over regardless of a vanilizer, anyway.

Elli, I've been pretty good, aside from losing a game earlier because my scumteam didn't submit a kill. (Nightless game, we were both lazy, we thought we had won as the lynch caused us to have an equal number of scum and town. Still.)

MPR's Meta Tip of the Day: If I'm posting, I'm town. If I'm not posting, I'm either town or scum.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alright.

Vote: Socrates

Korts is right on the money though not for the reasons he thinks.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

MehPlusRawr wrote: The second quote was attempting to rephrase the term "concerned," because though it's obviously a matter of interest to me that I'm being wagoned, I'm not actually worried that I'm about to be lynched.

The wagon was growing too quickly for my liking. And yes, you did say that I was concerned about being lynched, in this quote.
This, by the way, is not a contradiction. Again, a rephrasement is in order- I'm not worried that I'll be lynched from scumminess right now, but I'm slightly nervous that a whole bunch of people voted me quickly. Quicklynches are bad. Like quicksilver. I think that gives you cancer.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

@Korts: Keeping xRECKONERx alive until endgame will be a very daunting task to do. We do not want to lynch him for sure and we obviously cannot afford him to be NK'd. With no protection role for the town, scum is going to be hard-pressed to keep him around, especially if he were to give his all to help the town. Prehaps him being completely useless until endgame would help his chance of survival, as scums like useless townies, but we all know how much we hate useless confirmed townies.

Basically, the chances of xRECKONERx living to endgame is very, very slim.

However, while we don't want xRECKONERx to die, one benefit of his death by scums hand is that scum would have to give up one of there power role and become Mafia Goon. It would suck to see a confirmed townie die, but at least scum loses a power role, so that's something to gain from xRECKONERx's death.

Either way, the Town Power Roles should do nothing to him during the Night.

And I had another realization. With a Vigilante, if we lynch scum ToDay, kill scum ToNight, and lynch scum agan Tommorow, town wins. Yes, a Day 2 victory for the Town is possible. But we need to be completely accurate with lynching and the Vigilante killing scums and hope that the Vigilante doesn't die.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

*points SSBF toward the Redirector role*
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Socrates »

Korts wrote:
vote: Socrates

Don't seem to remember you preferring to go without a random vote.
I random vote only very occasionally. Even then I usually have some kind of reason behind it.

The only game we played together I didn't random vote, so I don't know where you get that characterization.
Seraphim wrote:Alright.

Vote: Socrates

Korts is right on the money though not for the reasons he thinks.
I am intrigued.

As for killing Reck, it might save on a lot of headaches, but I don't think it would benefit the town much strategically. Redirector can still cause a lot of hell even without vanillaizing people and the cost is too high.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”