Zajnet (1) <-~ MagnaofIllusion
Jack (2) <-~ Sando, Sotty7
Sando (1) <-~ Charlie

12 living; 7 will do it.

Deadline:
Monday, August 16th at 12 A.M. EST
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

Poro: post 68 hurts my head to read.
Jack post 71 gives me pause to reread sotty all over again.
Jack post 74 points 30 MOI 0

People who have not said much of anything exciting:
zajnet, sando, channel

Predict at least one in that group is scum.

Worst reasoning so far:
Porochaz wrote:I haven't liked a thing sotty has said so far.

unvote vote sotty
Sotty7 wrote:It's not an RVS vote, why would you think that? I clearly asked you a serious question about being serious. You seriously replied and I seriously voted.

...Seriously.
my head hurts and cries all in one
Sotty7 wrote:If you want to point out exactly how IKD was rolefishing I'm willing to listen, but right now you are either:

A) Seriously making a mountain out of a molehill, which is scummy and earns my vote.

or

B) Playing some kind of early gambit to draw votes.
How is A scummy exactly? Why would scum try this and make themselves known?
Sotty7 wrote:My issue with Poro at the moment is how long it took for him to vote me. He mentions a couple of times that he doesn't like me but it takes awhile for him to shift his vote over. Almost as if he was testing the waters.

However, the reason I'm not voting for him right now is because his view of events is plausible, in that he could have genuinely not understood my reasoning surrounding my Jack Vote. He could have been confused.
Agreed

So far I still like my Porochaz vote rereading Sotty I get a few questions about reasoning. I think Sotty is either blinded by Jack or scum trying not to show their hand. I'm on the fence leaning blinded just because I don't like Poro's vote on Jack or Sotty or the reasoning he has for those votes.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, so I have confirmed that I will be going camping, assuming all goes as planned, so
V/LA Thursday until Saturday (not sure on specific times so just make it all day just in case)

Anyway, I'll have a more substantial post later. I need some sleep right now.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sotty's 'look over here, Zach's lurking' post feels off to me. It's not that she isn't right about Zach-scum (in my experience, anyway), it's the way she was almost apologetic about bringing it up this early. I think I'll leave my vote there.

I think Poro's view of Sotty's vote on Jack is fair. I see where he's coming from and I don't think it's scummy.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Jack Post 72 wrote:"right now I don't have a better place for my vote" <--SCUM BEING DEFENSIVE
How is it being defensive? It's the truth. Also being defenssive isn't a scum tell.
Jack Post 72 wrote:"what's the big deal with a little pressure" <-- Look at all of sotty's excuses for her vote and how it isn't a big deal, and then see how they apply 10x better to the people pressuring her. But scum take things personal like that.
Pretty sure I haven't complained about the pressure on me. But I am surprised by the negative reaction some pressure on you considering the silly rolefishing claim you made that is now all but forgotten.
Jack Post 72 wrote:"I'd like to point out that zach is lurking" <-- AKA "LET'S SHIFT ATTENTION OFF OF ME PLEASE, HOW ABOUT SOME PRESSURE ON THE PAGE 3 LURKERS"
If I really wanted to shift pressure I would have voted him. I wanted his scum meta in this thread so if I die and he lurks there is some reference that should provide pressure.
Jack Post 72 wrote:"rest of sotty's posts"<-- SCUM TIPTOEING
How?

= = = = =
MagnaofIllusion Post 73 wrote:So you call out Zach for lurking as Scum Meta and then undercut your own argument?
I'd like to think he wouldn't make it that easy for me, right? He is up on my list right now though.

There seemed to be a lot of questions in that post and not enough opinions. You need to change that.

= = = = =
farside22 Post 76 wrote:How is A scummy exactly? Why would scum try this and make themselves known?
It's scummy if Jack was seriously trying to produce a bandwagon on Sando for the whack rolefishing claim. Scum play the game like the rest of us, some try and stay under the radar, some lurk, some are right in your face. I'm not going to dismiss something just because it seems too outrageous, especially not when it fits the personality of said player.

= = = = =
Locke Lamora Post 78 wrote:Sotty's 'look over here, Zach's lurking' post feels off to me. It's not that she isn't right about Zach-scum (in my experience, anyway), it's the way she was almost apologetic about bringing it up this early. I think I'll leave my vote there.
In your next post you need to show me a game where Zach is scum and is active. When I say active I mean Zachrulez active in that he posts constantly about everyone and everything, not waiting to be called out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't think there exists a game outside of C9 where I post about everyone and everything. Also I have had active scum games, granted they are not common. I have also had less active town games, granted they are also not common.

Anyway you seem quite focused on me when it comes to lurking, but I should point out that you've pretty much ignored everyone else who didn't really post all that much yesterday.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

As it is, Sotty tends to try to convince people that I'm scum with other types of reasoning when she's scum, (I don't think I've ever seen her use a lurking argument against me as scum.) so I think it's likely that she's town.

I'm getting that feeling from Jack and Farside too.

I think Sando needs to post more. The issue that spawned Jack vs Sotty stemmed from Jack accusing him of rolefishing. Beyond a single response to that, Sando hasn't posted anything since.

Pretty much everyone else hasn't posted enough for me to get a solid read.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Jack wrote:magna that post lacks a shotty vote. Why do you still have your vote parked on zajnet?
Yes it does lack a Shotty vote since he isn’t playing this game. It also lacks a Sotty vote. I’m not one to vote-hop like a pinball machine. Thus my vote on zajnet is going to sit there until I have a firm suspicion I want to apply pressure to.

If you are so worried about RVS style votes not being on Sotty why didn’t you question anyone else who still has an RVS vote out there?
Sotty wrote:I wanted his scum meta in this thread so if I die and he lurks there is some reference that should provide pressure.
Why only bring Zach’s scum meta to the discussion? Is he the only one that has an easily identifiable meta? And why if you die would he be the obvious culprit?
Zach wrote:Also I have had active scum games, granted they are not common. I have also had less active town games, granted they are also not common.
Can you show examples of said games that ‘disprove’ the scum meta read that Sotty is presenting? No, I’m not going to hunt through your Wiki for them.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Zachrulez wrote:Anyway you seem quite focused on me when it comes to lurking, but I should point out that you've pretty much ignored everyone else who didn't really post all that much yesterday.
I realize it is a tough break for you seeing as I know your habits personally, but I don't have such inmate knowledge of anyone else. Would be nice if the others post more but your probably the one player I can get a really good read on as long as I don't second guess myself. Poking you early will help me figure this out.

The lurking point is pretty moot now anyway. But it is out there at least.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Manga, Zach and myself are married, maybe that will answer your question. Basically he is the only one who's meta read I can trust, that is until he stabs me in the back with it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Sotty's 'look over here, Zach's lurking' post feels off to me. It's not that she isn't right about Zach-scum (in my experience, anyway), it's the way she was almost apologetic about bringing it up this early. I think I'll leave my vote there.

I think Poro's view of Sotty's vote on Jack is fair. I see where he's coming from and I don't think it's scummy.
Anyone else reading this as a fluff post that was said at least 3 times in this game by others?

@Locke: Are you telling me post like this from Poro sounds like good reasoning?
Porochaz wrote: Sotty doesn't have a good post thus far. Particularly the first 3, a vote with no explanation, a seriously gimmicky serious post and a stupid question.

Porochaz wrote:I haven't liked a thing sotty has said so far.

unvote vote sotty
I'm trying not to reread that post that hurt my head but this was his original reasoning which is lacking wouldn't you say?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Sotty7 wrote:Manga, Zach and myself are married, maybe that will answer your question. Basically he is the only one who's meta read I can trust, that is until he stabs me in the back with it.
Well I guess that puts things in a clearer light. This is why I don't like being on the dark about these sorts of things.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Can you show examples of said games that ‘disprove’ the scum meta read that Sotty is presenting? No, I’m not going to hunt through your Wiki for them.
Off the top of my head. Newbie 846, 859, and 885 are games where I was active as scum. Mini 734 and Open 124 are games I recall being lurky as town. It's a pretty small blip in the game record as a whole.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Jack »

fos:magna

fos:locke lamora
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Sando »

Farside wrote:You obviously never played with Jack. I dubbed him the person to always do something scummy for reaction purposes. It's why I like playing with him. He gets the game going that way.
Ummm, what? I'm accusing him of doing the EXACT OPPOSITE. You say he does things that look scummy, I'm saying he's doing things in a deliberate attempt to look town.

I'll dig up an example for you Magna later today.

Funnily enough, having not played a significant number of games with anyone here, I can't really contribute to the meta discussion, doesn't really bother me though, I hate meta arguments.

Accusing Sotty of trying to draw attention away from himself by accusing someone else is retarded. I expect anyone under pressure to keep scumhunting, to not scumhunt and only defend oneself, especially this early, is particularly scummy. To then say that said scumhunting is scummy... yeah that's just stupid.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Farside, do you feel on page 3, I should have extensive reasoning to my votes?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:Farside, do you feel on page 3, I should have extensive reasoning to my votes?
Did you read locke's comment about your vote? He stated he liked your reason my point is more on what he stated.
As for your vote and reasoning. Yeah I expect a bit more when you switching from RVS to Jack to Sotty with ease by the time we were on page 3.
I expect more reasoning then hey I don't like what you said here is a vote.
sando wrote: Ummm, what? I'm accusing him of doing the EXACT OPPOSITE. You say he does things that look scummy, I'm saying he's doing things in a deliberate attempt to look town.
I would say based on the few votes from others that some don't agree with your view on that.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Sando »

So you're saying that accusing someone of rolefishing really early in the game is in fact normally seen as scummy, and therefore fits within Jacks meta?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sando wrote:So you're saying that accusing someone of rolefishing really early in the game is in fact normally seen as scummy, and therefore fits within Jacks meta?
For the reason's that Jack stated I would say it was rediculous. The votes on him and reasoning was by far more scummy and a stretch hence my questions and comments towards others that voted for Jack.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Sando »

Wait, you're saying that people had to 'stretch' to accuse someone of scumminess when you yourself say his reasoning was 'rediculous'...

Uh huh.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sando wrote:Wait, you're saying that people had to 'stretch' to accuse someone of scumminess when you yourself say his reasoning was 'rediculous'...

Uh huh.

Ridiculous = scummy? Did I say that or are you putting words in my mouth?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Sando »

No, but it's not a 'stretch' that ridiculous comments be seen as scummy, as you are making out.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sando: I think your misunderstanding me. First my reference to you was to locke and porochaz in general and Jack's meta.
Yes I found Jack be ridiculous and I have in other games where he says something outlandish or down right dumb. But their is a motive to it I realized one day. My view on Jack is based on playing with him in multiple games. Call it meta but he does it and gets votes cast on him for said comments.
When I see people switching for RVS to a serious vote on Jack.
So why are you being so defensive on a comment I made towards others and me calling them out on their vote on Jack?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Sando »

Why am I responding to comments directed at others?
Farside wrote:For the reason's that Jack stated I would say it was rediculous. The votes on him and reasoning was by far more scummy and a stretch hence my questions and comments towards others that voted for Jack.
I'm voting Jack and have provided reasoning. I assumed I was included in your very general comment.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Jack »

There was rolefishing. But I'd appreciate it if it that subject was dropped--we seem to have escaped without too much being revealed and I'd like to stay that way. That means you sando ok?

unvote, vote:Locke Lamora

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”