StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

the sad thing is, that i probably would have been able to tie...i dont think they would've lynched me until a lot later....:( oh well nice game, fellow killers :D
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Bah - I
told
you you should have lynched StevieT92... :twisted:
Retired as of October 2014.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Man... the mafia threw that one. I seriously thought that olliep13 was woring alone, although I'd had some suspicions... there's no way I expected that. The worst part was, I had NanookTheWolf marked as a good kill for tomorrow. This game frustrates me. Good job, Authorities, I guess, but... ugh. The game falling apart halfway through didn't help, but... I don't know. This game ends for me with more a sense of frustration and being cheated than respect for your skills.

9/21 people being anti-mafia is a LOT. In fact, they had numerical superiority from Night 2 on, unless I'm reading this wrong. That's... wow. No wonder everyone was so willing to lynch claimed goons.

Also, losing the pro-mafia independent killers Night One, and myself not being able to take my first shot until Day Three to make up for it, hurt us a bit.
To be Continued...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:34 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm still confused. The "mafia" won, but the town won. So I guess we all win!

:P yeah, I'm gloating. GJ everyone, though.

SSF: Way to rock! We got our claiming strategy nailed down last night and didn't even have to use it :D

Thanks mod. This was great. Confusing, too. The fact I saw the "Mafia 29 needs 1 replacement. PM me" in the replacement thread too many times was sad, but we pulled through.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:14 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

I did my best. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to get killed so early.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

yeah, the whole "let's lynch MoS" thing really sucked, but then I managed to pull through...either way, the idea was nice, and no offense to the mod, but I really didn't enjoy the game...maybe it was because way too many people were scummy or something...
Permanent V/LA.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:25 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Sweet! I agree that the breaking down of the game didn't help matters, but I think the game overall was good. The roles were interesting, and the game overall was very fun.

I think the main thing benefical for us was that there was really no hint of a police group, just that there was one. We got lucky enough that only one of us got revealed, so that we could turn the suspicion towards the Deputy being an SK.

I think that 9/20 is quite a bit for anti-town roles, but one of the killing groups was quite restricted, and the other one was only 3 people. If the police group had been taken down first, the town would have had a very difficult time.

STD: I know, we never even got to suggest a day-SK.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Locus Cosecant wrote:I did my best. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to get killed so early.
You did quite fine. Of course, me being a doc wasn't terribly helpful when we lost so many of our group to daykills. :( Oh well. Good game, other anti-mafia peoples.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Heh. The daykilling was fun. I don't know why Quagmire didn't start partying with it Day One... I was quite proud of my townie-sense, until I realized after the game just how easy it would have been to hit. I would have been happy killing more than half the game since the start of Day 3.

The Authorities being completely invisible, not even hinted at, really hurt. I was trying to find people working together, and the Authorities firstly all lurked the hell out of everything, and after they got replaced I thought I had a pretty good idea of who the townies were already, so I was kind of off guard (though I probably would have shot NanookTheWolf, not Thesp, if not for the investigation claim).
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:55 am

Post by Thesp »

DarkLight140 wrote:Heh. The daykilling was fun. I don't know why Quagmire didn't start partying with it Day One... I was quite proud of my townie-sense, until I realized after the game just how easy it would have been to hit. I would have been happy killing more than half the game since the start of Day 3.
Nonetheless, you still did a heck of a good job. I'm very impressed. :D
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:54 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yggdrasil wrote:You are an
Assasin
(Pro-Mafia) (Quagmire)
During the day, you may PM me with the name of one player who you would like to kill. That person will be killed during the day (day will still continue after the kill). You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.
So there was no restrictions on the Assasin? Bah - this role seemed overpowered, because as soon as a Cop came out with an investigation on an anti-mafia role, the Assassin could shoot them, and then the day continues. I thought surely they had to have a half-majority or something...

Also, our mafia was really hindered by not being able to converse at night, or be sure we'd get a kill (if our votes led to an actual lynch, I assume our night-choice would be negated). Having to 'hint' out in public would have doomed us anyway....Good Game to the Authorities, however.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:00 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Explanation time:
I do realize that 9/21 anti-town roles was a lot of anti-town. I thought that the anti-mafia roles would kill eachother more frequently and balance things out a bit more, but that wasn't the case (melchizedek was killed by Locus, Coron by DarkLight, olliep13 by the Accomplices, Thesp by DarkLight, Mr. Flay by lynch. Only Nanook was killed by an anti-mafia role [Stevie]). So the anti-mafia roles collectively killed 1 anti-mafia role in 10 kills.

In addition, the overpowered assasin role along with the mason group with vig powers were added to help make the town stronger, in order to make up for their smaller numbers.

I made the townspeople's roles as they were because I wanted make a "mafia" group with townlike qualities (no talking at night and killing through voting) and a "town" group with mafia-like qualities. Hence the three-person-mafia vig group and the assasin (normally an anti-town role in my experience) on the pro-mafia side. The townspeople did have some abilities to make them stronger, like their numbers (~1/4 of the starting number of players) and the cop and doc.

Probably, to have improved the game I would have removed the Traitor and made him just a regular Accomplice, and either add another doc or change the naive cop to a sane cop (surprisingly, Uraj investigated scum during two out of the three nights he was alive: Coron on night 1 and Scalebane/Stevie on night 3).
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thanks for the game, Yggdrasil. I know I asked to replace in, partly because I've got a game in the back of my head where mafia is fighting pro-town influences, so I was spying just a bit. There's been a glut of these sorts of games lately, so I'll probably not start it until fall.

That being said, I agree that the Traitor was probably too much. An Accomplice was pretty much a safe role-claim, and with no (?) motive-investigating cop on the Mafia's side, an unstoppable one unless the game numbers got so low that it was clear something was wrong. Traitors won TRATEOTU too, didn't they?

Just didn't want you to think I was being ungrateful, because I liked the setup (and probably would have liked it better if I'd started from the beginning, instead of subbing in for the scummiest person alive :P ).
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Yggdrasil wrote:I made the townspeople's roles as they were because I wanted make a "mafia" group with townlike qualities (no talking at night and killing through voting) and a "town" group with mafia-like qualities.
While our kill mechanic made things more difficult for us, I really did like this flavor.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:03 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

None the less an interesting game, and sorry if I didn't spend more time to it after I had replaced. Good targetting Stevie :wink:
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 2:52 pm

Post by Quagmire »

DarkLight140 wrote:Heh. The daykilling was fun. I don't know why Quagmire didn't start partying with it Day One
Because I wasn't expecting to die night one, and I could use my abilities when the town needed it.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 10:19 pm

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”