zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

mysterio, I couldn't have put the dilemma any better myself. However, doombunny's last post does add another point in his favor. If LMP investigated DB on night 3, he would have gotten an inconclusive, which would guarantee korashk as scum. However, DB's claim really, really bugs me to no end.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 pm

and doombunny, if you're scum I congratulate you on a fantastic game.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

But since all evidence seems to point to korashk, I think I will
Vote: Korashk
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Yeah, at this point I'm on board with lynching Korashk for the win. I'll give him a chance to put up a defense before I hammer. He may have a different perspective,
if
he cares enough to post.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Actually, scratch that. I forgot that you posted this.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote; Vote: zajnet

might as well. If I die lynch doombunny.
Coupled with the fact that we can't know whether the inconclusive was for Doombunny or not, if Doombunny is scum then he wouldn't have killed you. It was clear that we were going to lynch him if you died. I think that sort of cancels your gambit out by giving Doombunny an incentive to let you live. And again, add to that Korashk's lack of activity on the site, and I have a hard time believing he is capable of playing the way this last scum has played.

Damn, I think I'm going to sleep on this.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

VOTE COUNT 5.1

With 4 players 3 votes lynches. This is LyLo.
Deadline
:
No set deadline.

Count

Doombunny9
(0)

Korashk
(2)
Doombunny9, zwetschenwasser
Mysterio
(0)

zwetschenwasser
(0)

No Lynch
(0)

Not Voting
(2)

Korashk
Mysterio

Opening Post – For links to all Vote Counts.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:42 pm

It may or may not be of interest to any of you, but I have updated the summaries of the scenes on the opening post.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Korashk »

I don't really have any defense other than if you lynch me then the town loses. You can believe me or not.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Korashk »

If the mafia hasn't already voted he'd have hammered by now...so...

Vote doombunny
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Kora wrote:I don't really have any defense other than if you lynch me then the town loses. You can believe me or not.
It's going to be hard to beat that XD

As for the other things then I'm afraid I can't help. I don't know the mods reasoning behind my role or why the maf killed LMP and Kat rather than zwet.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Mysterio »

In post #23, Korashk posted a long list of games he's played on another forum. That's more games than I've played, but he still plays the noob card by not knowing what "scum" means in his reply to Prox. It could very well be that Korashk is just faking, which includes his lack of activity. Doombunny also took a huge risk by claiming commuter instead of just claiming VT, which is the obvious safe claim for scum.

To be honest, this has really become a toss up. I really don't even want to win myself, I just want to make sure Shotty doesn't get to win by playing like a useless VI. :P

Nothing left to do.
Vote: Korashk
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 am

VOTE COUNT 5.2

With 4 players 3 votes lynches. This is LyLo.
Deadline
:
No set deadline.

Korashk is Lynched.

Count

Doombunny9
(0)

Korashk
(3)
Doombunny9, zwetschenwasser, Mysterio
Mysterio
(0)

zwetschenwasser
(0)

No Lynch
(0)

Not Voting
(1)

Korashk

Opening Post – For links to all Vote Counts.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

Cross thy fingers!
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 am

This time, Jerry was expecting to hear about it. On the news was the announcement of the death of Korashk. It was declared that
Korashk
was a
Vanilla Townie
. What surprised Jerry this time was that Korashk’s body was discovered near a park that Jerry loved to go to relax. That bothered Jerry. Again, this was another personal blow. His sanctuary was now haunted by the murder of yet another victim.

What further surprised Jerry is that Nick seemed to have just disappeared. Over and over he attempted to call. When he went down to his office, there was not even a trace that Nick’s business was ever there. It was a game store. Strange, a board game store, of all things.

This left Jerry wondering, what happened to Nick. Would they ever have the chance to talk? Would he be able to finish his investigation to find and relieve Monica Jenkins? He felt like we was going to have to hire a new PI. But, that would start the whole process from scratch. And, could that really connect all the dots if he had a new investigator?

Opening Post – For links to all Game Flavor.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 am

As Jerry showed up to work the next day. To his surprise, there were military police and S.W.A.T. agents. As he was pulling into the parking lot, he was stopped by an officer.

“Are you Jerry Harmon?”
“Yes, sir, I am.”
“Can I see your federal ID card?”

Jerry pulled out his federal ID badge used to enter the army base and handed it to the officer.

“We have our suspect here, sir. I have confirmed that we have Jerry Harmon.”
“What, what is happening?” Jerry insisted.

“You are under arrest, Jerry Harmon, for the murder of Korashk and pacman, and for bombing of a building leading to the death of LynchMePls. We have evidence that you were involved in supplying the explosives used last week that killed LynchMePls. Further, we have your DNA at the murder scene of Korashk and pacman. We will give you further briefing at the police station. And you can have your lawyer present to assist you in addressing these accusations.”

How could this happen? Jerry was a good man. An outstanding citizen. A highly respected engineer. Jerry did not do any of these things. Later, Jerry would come to find out that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A stack of events did not bode well for Jerry. First off, his connection with drmyshottyizsik went for nearly a decade, a known Celtic. Second, explosives were used from his research team and linked to the building explosion that killed LynchMePls. Third, his DNA was discovered all around the death scene of Korashk and pacman. Fourth, he knew too many details that only the actual criminal could have known.

How did this all happen? Jerry was not at any of these events. He knew that he was innocent. But, too much circumstantial evidence was piled up against him. And how could he refute it. There was no person named Nick Lukau. No where in all of Huntsville, or Alabama was that person to be found.

You see, after Prox and drmyshottyizsik were discovered as dead hit-men sent by the Celtics to kill this group, the mafia decided that someone needed to be framed. Who better than drmyshottyizsik’s ‘best friend’ Jerry Harmon. The Celtic’s knew of this friendship for years. They did not care, but when they learned Jerry Harmon was going to start investigating the abduction of Monica Jenkins, and the death of drmyshottyizsick, they decided he was a perfect candidate to frame for murder and conspiracy.

How was Jerry picked? How was he framed? That is both simple and complicated. The real person behind Nick Lukau was Doombunny9. That is right. This whole time, Jerry was actually speaking to a disguised member of the mafia.
Doombunny
was an expert
Evidence Contaminator
. He picked Jerry to be framed.

Doombunny contaminated the DNA samples of pacman and Korashk with the DNA of Jerry Harmon. The samples were reported as inconclusive because they did not match any samples in the data base. He told Jerry specific details about the deaths of these people so that Jerry would appear to know too much when questioned. That knowledge would place Jerry at the scene of crime in the eyes of investigators.

The more technical and complicated task was breaking into the research lab and obtaining explosive material that only Jerry Harmon’s research team could access. That was a vital part of Doombunny’s plan. Doombunny need to kill LynchMePls while he was collecting evidence. This in part was to contaminate the evidence of the scene, but to frame Jerry for both the death of pacman and LynchMePls.

To get access to the base, Doombunny gained some trust from Zajnet, who lived on base. Once we was past the guards, he used his hacking and identity theft skills to obtain access to the material. The group was starting to get the hint that someone was contaminating evidence. After the explosion they thought it must have been Zajnet, because he had access to the base. But they turned out to be wrong.

The remaining 2 members of the group realized as soon as they killed Korashk, that they were now sentenced to death by the Celtics. So, they barely escaped with their lives. Or, so they thought. Nothing else was heard of them. And Jerry, had no evidence of his innocence. No group. No Nick. Just Jerry, and all the evidence lining up to convict him of murder on three accounts.

Jerry was left to fear the fate of Monica Jenkins was horrible. He would never know for sure. But, it was clear that she was most likely sold out to a brothel, to be a sex slave all the remainder of her days. This was compounded torture for Jerry as he sit in the dimly lit, cold, and lonely cell of a framed, but innocent convict.

Mafia Wins!

Opening Post – For links to all Game Flavor.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

GOD DAMN IT :D
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Korashk »

Mysterio wrote:In post #23, Korashk posted a long list of games he's played on another forum. That's more games than I've played, but he still plays the noob card by not knowing what "scum" means in his reply to Prox.
I call them "mafia" where I play. Scum are the people that act like idiots and look like mafia.

Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

Good game guys. I really think this one came down completely to player skill. At times I really thought it would go either way. Most post game analysis coming. With roles, reports and comments. Please join.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Mysterio »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

@Doombunny, grats on an epic win.

@Shotty, I hate you.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Mysterio »

And thanks to Shepherd for the game. Definitely a good game.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 am

ROLES

drmyshottyizsik & Prox

Vanilla Mafia
Description
: You are a criminal. You want to destroy town members who seek your death. You do this by voting during the day, and killing during the night.

Day actions
: During the day you vote with the town, and only count as one vote.

Night actions
: At night you can talk to your fellow Mafia to select a kill, and discuss why. Select one person to tell me the night kill option.

Win condition
: You win when town all die, even if you are dead.

Mafia Partners
: Doombunny9, Prox, & drmyshottyizsik

Doombunny9

Mafia Evidence Contaminator
Description
: You are a criminal. You want to destroy town members who seek your death. You do this by voting during the day, and killing during the night.

Day actions
: During the day you vote with the town, and only count as one vote.

Night actions
: At night you can talk to your fellow Mafia to select a kill, and discuss why. Select one person to tell me the night kill option.

Additionally, actively select one person to contaminate one vial of evidence in their possession. You do not learn if you are successful or not. As Mafia will never have a vial of evidence in their possession, there is no benefit to selecting a Mafia Partner.

Win condition
: You win when town all die, even if you are dead.

Mafia Partners
: Doombunny9, Prox, & drmyshottyizsik

pacman281292, korashk, & Zajnet

Vanilla Townie
Description
: You are a member of town. You are tired of crimes in your town. You now take matters into your own hands with other like minded town members.

Day actions
: You can only vote during the day, your vote counts as one.

Night actions
: You have no night actions and cannot PM any other player except the mod the entire game.

Win condition
: You win when scum die, even if you are dead.

don_johnson & Mysterio

Town Mason
Description
: You are a member of town. You are tired of crimes in your town. You now take matters into your own hands with other like minded town members.

However, you are have partner.

Day actions
: You can vote during the day, your vote counts as one.

Night Actions
: You can PM only your “mason partner” only during the night phase. Night phase will have a minimum period which I will signify to you by PM or in the thread, usually 24 hours minimum.

Win condition: You win when scum die, even if you are dead.

Mason Partners
: Myterio & don_johnson

zwetschenwasser & LynchMePls

Evidence Collector
Description

However, you have specialized in collecting DNA evidence at crime scenes.

Day actions
: You can vote during the day, your vote counts as one. You cannot PM any other player except the mod the entire game.

Night Actions
: Actively choose one player per night. You collect DNA evidence from them. This sample is processed by another player. They will process the DNA to determine if the person is innocent or guilty. Your job is limited to gathering the evidence, therefore you will not learn the results.

Win condition

katsuki

Examiner Intern
Description

However, you are interning to become an “Evidence Examiner”. You receive this new title and role when the current “Evidence Examiner” is removed from the game. All data processed by them, up to that point, will be disclosed to you.

Day actions
: You can vote during the day, your vote counts as one.

Night Actions
: As an in intern you have no night actions. You cannot PM any other player except the mod the entire game.

Win condition

Hrezs

Evidence Examiner
Description

However, you have specialized in examining DNA evidence.

Day actions
: You can vote during the day, your vote counts as one. You cannot PM any other player except the mod the entire game.

Night Actions
: Passively receive DNA evidence sent to you. You process the DNA and match it with the database. The database is not complete, but it will tell you if the DNA matches an innocent or guilty person.

Your job is limited to examining the evidence, and the database does not match names with the DNA results. Therefore, you will not learn who it is drawn from, just if it is Town or Mafia. Also, because DNA is so specific, you will always be able to identify when duplicate DNA has been processed.

There is one exception to matching names with the DNA sample. Once a player has died, you will examine their DNA and match it up with the database. Thus you will identify the name against the DNA sample.

Win condition
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:44 am

Here is the balance. I know I had tones of investigation roles. But, they were only useful when openly discussed. With them out in the open and trying to make connections in the open thread, made it so scum could really track down what was happening.

But, that made it easy for scum to pick them off. So, I had to create a lot of safety net so that it forced a few days of investigations on the scum.

This scenario set up a thread skill game. It was all about the real power being the skill of players in the thread. I felt like it was well balanced to force all the power to be in the open thread. Except the masons added balance to the secrecy of the night actions of the mafia.

Both sides had amazing game play. Night kills were perfect. If they did not kill Hrezs at the beginning, it would have made it more difficult. But, with a mafia lynch both day 1 and day 2, that gave incredible power to the town. Each day after that I was completely surprised to watch the skill.

The open mass claim both helped and hurt town. Although, Doombunny know pretty well who to contaminate, that confirmed it for him. I will discuss that mechanism a little more. I will also post my reports in order.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:49 am

Reports Given to the Evidence Examiners

Pregame

You have received two DNA samples.

Sample A
is registered as
Guilty
in the Database.
Sample B
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.

DateSampleVerdict
Pre GameAGuilty
Pre GameBInnocent

Night 1

You have received two DNA samples from pregame.
You have received four samples from night 1.

Sample A
is registered as
Guilty
in the Database.
Sample B
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample C
is registered as
Guilty
in the Database. Player is dead.
Sample D
is registered as
Inconclusive
in the Database.
Sample E
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample F
is registered as
Innocent

DateSampleVerdictPlayer
Pre GameAGuiltyUnknown
Pre GameBInnocentUnknown
Night 1CGuiltydrmyshottyizsik
Night 1DInconclusiveUnknown
Night 1EInnocentUnknown
Night 1FInnocentHrez

Night 2

You have received three samples form night 2.

Sample A
is registered as
Guilty
Prox

Sample B
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample C
is registered as
Guilty
drmyshottyizsik

Sample D
is registered as
Inconclusive
for Night 1 and
Inconclusive
for Night 2 in the Database.
Sample E
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample F
is registered as
Innocent
Hrez

Sample G
is registered as
Innocent
don_johnson

DateSampleVerdictPlayer
Pre Game / Night 2AGuiltyProx
Pre GameBInnocentUnknown
Night 1 / Night 2DInconclusive (N1) / Inconclusive (N2)Unknown
Night 1EInnocentUnknown
Night 1FInnocentHrez
Night 2GInnocentdon_johnson

Night 3

You have received three samples from night 2.
You have received four samples from night 3.

Sample A
is registered as
Guilty
Prox

Sample B
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample C
is registered as
Guilty
drmyshottyizsik

Sample D
is registered as
Inconclusive
for Night 1 and
Inconclusive
for Night 2 in the Database. Player dead. Finally, you have a clear result for Night 3. The player is found
innocent
pacman281292

Sample E
is registered as
Innocent
in the Database.
Sample F
is registered as
Innocent
Hrez

Sample G
is registered as
Innocent
don_johnson

Sample H
is registered as
Innocent
LynchMePls

Sample I
is registered as
Inconclusive
in the Database.
Sample J
is registered as
Guilty
in the Database.

DateSampleVerdictPlayer
Pre Game / Night 2AGuiltyProx
Pre GameBInnocentUnknown
Night 1 / Night 2 / Night 3DInconclusive (N1) / Inconclusive (N2) / Innocent (N3)pacman281292
Night 1EInnocentUnknown
Night 1FInnocentHrez
Night 2GInnocentdon_johnson
Night 3HInnocentLynchMePls
Night 3IInconclusiveUnknown
Night 3JGuiltyUnknown
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:14 am

Evidence Examiner Report Notes for Shepherd of Wolves

PlayerDNA CodePre-GameNight 1Night 2Night 3Night 4Day 5
ProxAZwetLYNCH
ZwetschenwasserBLMP
drmyshottyizsikCLYNCH
pacman281292D**
Zwet
LMP
LYNCH
MysterioELMP
HrezFNight Kill
don_johnsonGNight Kill
LynchMePlsHNight Kill
KorashkI**
Zwet
LYNCH
Doombunny9JLMPºº
Zwet
ºº
ZajnetKLYNCH
KatsukiLNight Kill
Doombunny Contamination Report
Doombunny9Block SelectionMysterioZwetLMPKatsukiZwet

Night 4 had no report given, as no Evidence Examiner was alive to receive it. But it would have yielded inconclusive.

Because Katsuki had 2 vials of evidence, I flipped a gold dollar coin to determine what vial was contaminated. It could have easily allowed the innocent to be found.

Codes were assigned based on what happened first.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

I think it was very interesting that Doombunny effectively blocked both Zwet and LMP on investigating pacman. That was just a luck of the draw. But, that made for a powerful result for him. Because pacman was also the first to be successfully blocked from a read, and the second. I think the timing on the mass claim obviously affected that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”