Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Leech »

Here's the scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/duVF99FTWn9qK

The one thing that continues to boggle my mind is how a completely unintentional act is what probably won the game for us. I had absolutely no intentions of lynching Prana. He was lynched due to disappearing as well as a pretty inactive town at the moment. I'd realized that we needed to start interacting in this game, or we'd get called on it. It was a completely unintentional bus, but apparently it worked out in the end.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

What'd I need to change in my case to give it a more town vibe? If figured honesty was the best thing.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Leech »

You had a town vibe, that was why you were killed. Before IAU's incredibly town post in the phase after you died, you were easily the most town read player. The problem you were facing was that Prana and you both have a WoT style. When there's a large exchange, a lot of people won't want to read all of it. I'm pretty certain that's the only reason that Prana survived as long as he did. Considering I post WoT's in all my games, that's a pain I'm all too familiar with.

While I'm here posting my comments on the game. I have to give props to IAU. You seriously scared the shit out of me with your scum buddy posts. No one at that point of the game had really considered the Leech/Prana pairing. When I saw your post and it showed, logically, why Prana and I were scum...that was terrifying. You were the only kill in the game that I absolutely had to make.

There were so many times in this game where I thought I'd lost. Killing IAU was one of them. Lat was killed because he was obviously town, and he had a hell of a case against Prana. The next kill immediately after that was because IAU was obviously town, and he had a hell of a case against me. Had someone made that connection, it would have been over.

On a different note, I noticed this in the last phase when I posted the vote counts:
LmL wrote:In the Good Old Days (Yeah, really showing my age), that was one of the easiest scumtells. Third vote in order to start a bandwagon. Especially in a mountainous game.
If only he'd followed through with that...

Final Day 1 Vote Count:
Xite91 -6- Lateralus22, Nightwolf, Leech, iamausername, tomorrow wendy, llamafluff
tomorrow wendy -5- Xite91, LoudmouthLee, PranaDevil, havingfitz, Nexus
Llamafluff -1- ConfidAnon

I'm curious, though. After nightwolf died, why didn't anyone really mention that I was IAU's top pick for scum? I was really feeling the pressure from that. This is more directed at Llama, considering he put so much faith in IAU's post, and clearing Sotty with it. I was nearly convinced that when Nightwolf was Mod-Killed that I was screwed.

Looking at the Green room, I guess I should have killed Sotty like I was heavily considering, the game probably would have been pretty intense in the final phase. There was enough interest in lynching Fitz. I knew that Llama just wasn't going to lynch Sotty, so leaving both of them alive would have been incredibly difficult. I'm not sure I could have convinced Sotty to vote for Llama, so killing Fitz was out of the question. As odd as it seems, my main goal was to get Fitz to lynch Sotty because of Llama's death. That was one of my prime motivators in a Llama lynch. It changed when I made my first post in the last phase of the game, when I realized I had more legitimate points against Fitz, than Sotty.

Here's a humorous fact for you guys. I wrote my first post of the final phase of the game, about two hours after I submit the kill for Llama. I was online when Batt posted the kill in the thread. I then waited about three hours before posting the post that I'd written nearly 48 hours before the start of the phase.

Anyway, thanks for the fun game. It was the first time I've ever played a game as scum where I'd blatantly tell you all exactly what the scum wouldn't be doing, which was exactly what I was doing the entire time.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Holy fuck Leech, INGOC THEORY WORKS!!!!!
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Clarification: Prana was the first poster in the thread, there should be stats on this kinda of stuff.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Not that anyone is still reading this thread but apologies for this delayed final post.

Gamethoughts:

I wish I had had a chance to post my case on Leech when I finally had the time. Getting set to hit submit on my Prana ISO only to see Sotty had voted me was very frustrating...especially given she was town. I thought for sure when she voted me without waiting that she was scum. I am now 0-3 in games with Sotty. :-(

Apparently I did not have a strong sense (i.e. no clue) for who was scum in this game until the last day when I only had two to choose from. D8 was the first time I really had a chance to look closely at Leech beyond all the people I had stronger suspicions of earlier in the game. The only thing keeping it from being a stronger feeling towards Leech than it was was the fact I had been so completely duped by Sotty in previous games that I was/am reluctant to ever completely think she is town. I'm not sure how sold Sotty was on me as scum but I would have liked the chance to build my case on Leech. One of the things mentioned would have definitely been the NK on iam who was suspicious of Leech but had pretty much written me off as town. And Leech's prepping the final battleground with all his use of wifom to steer opinions to his benefit.
Leech wrote:Anyway, thanks for the fun game. It was the first time I've ever played a game as scum where I'd blatantly tell you all exactly what the scum wouldn't be doing, which was exactly what I was doing the entire time.
havingfitz wrote:I will say this regarding the WIFOM that has built up in this game, Leech seems to have made quite the effort to point it out.
havingfitz wrote:You have posted a lot of analysis and made a lot of speculation about WIFOM...both WIFOM for why things could be in the interests of scum and why they couldn’t be in the interests of scum. Which in itself is WIFOM. You are using it as an excuse for why certain situations are unlikely or likely. I’d give examples of each but I am strapped for time today getting ready for my v/LA the rest of this week to the other side of my little world. Sotty can see for herself if/when she ISOs you.

There is so much WIFOM with the last few NKs that I really have no strong intuition towards either of you...but I am starting to lean towards Leech. You have gone virtually unscathed throughout this entire game and if someone presumably very townie is continuing to last this long...something is not right.
tl:dr,
Agreed it was a fun game despite my poor aim and time constraints. Enjoyed it and appreciate Battousai taking the time to put it together and mod.

Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:39 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Lateralus22 wrote:Clarification: Prana was the first poster in the thread, there should be stats on this kinda of stuff.
I tend to be an early poster in games I'm in. Mainly as I have sod all else better to do XD.

Also, I have to say that at the beginning I was very apprehensive about going after the more scummy looking targets, partly because this was the first time I'd played as scum over here, and partly because when I had played as scum elsewhere I wound up lynched (even if I had a logical argument for what I was saying). So making it tougher I felt would create more problems.

But knowing Leech has much more experience than me, and is a better player than me, I went with it and it worked a treat. Obviously not a tactic that can be used on a regular basis (or even that rarely for that matter), but beyond the Lat case on me I think it worked well for both me and Leech as it kept everyone guessing.

Of course it also forced everyone into multiple re-reads of the game which is where I came unstuck myself as a combination of getting fed up of constantly re-reading and being busy at times meant I fell back quite a bit which allowed me to neglect the thread just long enough to where when I finally got an argument in, it was too late.

Great game though, as it's a game I honestly felt could go either way and both sides would have earnt their victory at the end.

Also, people may notice in the scum QT, but I'll state it here. Me and Leech only joined this game to play a proper game together on site, and we commented about how it would be just our luck to be scum together... stupid bloody randomizing :D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”