smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Alright, so, off V/LA. I think the argument between Xite and Mysterio is between two regular townies. I can see Mysterio trying to pull the gambit, and Xite knocking it down. Their conversation seems to have good intentions.

bv, you seem to have done a good job talking about things outside the game. Only relevant post is to wagon Shotty. Go ahead. Look at his ISO.

AGar, any reason for a bandwagon on Andrew in particular? Why not anyone else?

vote: bv310
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Considering bv's post were mostly during RVS, or even before?
Also, you missed the part with the mason gambit that he said.
I have other reasons to be suspicious of him, which I will reveal in due time, but your's seem invalid
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Hey, guys, I
am
playing this game. The last two days were a bastard and I forgot to send out a V/LA notice.

I've just skimmed the thread and I still have lots of things to do. The Mysterio/Xite conflict is interesting but my scum supsicions aren't going either way for now. nobody's looking particularly suspicious, but I plan to analyze the possibilities further. Tomorrow I'll be
really
ready to go.

Welp, so far, nopointinactingup seems to be the only person without significant contributions, so perhaps this'll bring him out of the woodwork:

Vote: nopoint
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Xite91 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:i see this as a huge attempt to distract attention
rofl xite...
What is?
answer mysterioes question
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 am

Post by AGar »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:AGar, any reason for a bandwagon on Andrew in particular? Why not anyone else?
A one vote or two vote bandwagon doesn't do much good. More votes is better at garnering reactions.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mysterio

Open mason claim is bad.
Thinking that leaves him confirmed town is worse.
Ignoring the fact that there are two scum parties is even worse.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:17 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:Open mason claim is bad.
The only way he's not confirmed town is if all three members of the real mason group (assuming he's scum) CC. By sheer numbers, if he's lying, he'll be proven wrong by the cc. Both scum groups have two players in each, and they are not working together. Therefore, until the CC, unless my logic is wrong, I assume Mysterio is town.

Unvote, Vote: Xite91

For telling masons not to counterclaim.

FoS: AGar

I don't normally use these, but I kind of want to vote both of you right now. This is for bandwagoning on an uncc'd claim.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

andrew94 wrote:
Xite91 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:i see this as a huge attempt to distract attention
rofl xite...
What is?
answer mysterioes question
What question? I'm pretty sure I answered everything he asked.
ConfidAnon wrote:
AGar wrote:Open mason claim is bad.
The only way he's not confirmed town is if all three members of the real mason group (assuming he's scum) CC. By sheer numbers, if he's lying, he'll be proven wrong by the cc. Both scum groups have two players in each, and they are not working together. Therefore, until the CC, unless my logic is wrong, I assume Mysterio is town.

Unvote, Vote: Xite91

For telling masons not to counterclaim.

FoS: AGar

I don't normally use these, but I kind of want to vote both of you right now. This is for bandwagoning on an uncc'd claim.
You can be so silly, you know that?
First off, I'm half tempted to call OMGUS on your vote
I told masons not to cc because, if Mysterio is scum, then he's expecting a cc
My point in telling them not to cc was to keep from outing masons
Only one or two masons need to CC in order to prove mysterio wrong, but I don't want that, because then town PRs are outed
Your logic IS wrong. Also, losing 3 PRs to catch 1 scum is a baaaad idea
There was no wagon on him
Ya know, if I was scum, and there were 2 people that counter claimed, but not a third, I would assume they're the other scumgroup and be their 3 claimer, considering this "confirms" all three of us, then bus my partner, to do moreso, and coast on that until it's about too late for town to win, being sure not to NK the actual claimers
Of course, there's a few gaps in this idea, like if town lynches a real mason, but hey, we can't all be perfect.
^So there are a bunch more reasons why my vote stays.

How about a CA lynch people?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

It's not like Masons are a Cop. Sure, they are our only PR, but they aren't actively providing information, they are just confirming each other. If all three were to claim, we'd have a scum caught, three day 1 clears, and at least one clear left remaining on day 2. It's not tragic. Not saying I want that to happen, obviously, but it's not OMGENDOFWORLDCRAPWELOST. If he's scum, we want Masons to cc. Period. There is no point in letting a scum get away with a pr claim this early on day 1.

Then again, knowing that the cc is inevitable with a mason claim as scum, there's not much scum motivation to do so.

Also, if I am not mistaken, scum don't win together. One scum from one group claiming to help out the other scum group is only calling for a loss in the long run.

However, this is theory vs. theory here, so I believe my Vote and FoS should have been swapped.

Unvote, Vote: AGar
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Xite91 »

The ability for three CONFIRMED town to talk together at night and discuss who is town/scum in their opinion is a pretty important thing for town, considering we have no other PRs.

Oh, nice backtracking by the way
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 am

Post by bv310 »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:Alright, so, off V/LA. I think the argument between Xite and Mysterio is between two regular townies. I can see Mysterio trying to pull the gambit, and Xite knocking it down. Their conversation seems to have good intentions.

bv, you seem to have done a good job talking about things outside the game. Only relevant post is to wagon Shotty. Go ahead. Look at his ISO.

AGar, any reason for a bandwagon on Andrew in particular? Why not anyone else?

vote: bv310
The game's been open less than a week and you're already trying to push an ISO lynch? Lern2Wait.

Anyway, Xite, why do you feel it wouldn't be productive for at least one Mason to CC? If someone CCs and Mysterio is telling the truth, then we have one DEFINITE scum tomorrow, with quite a few options. If the CC'er is telling the truth, then we have a caught scum and a theoretically confirmed townie.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, I see where you're getting at, but if only one counterclaims, it becomes a who is lying? Battle, which is why we would need at least two to CC. It just doesn't seem logical to me.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am

Post by bv310 »

If one counterclaims, then we lynch one and see if they're lying. If they were, then we had a 1-1 tradeoff.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Xite91 »

Ok, I see where you're going with that, but if that were the case, then another scum could CC as well. I dunno, maybe I'm just too cautious about outing PRs but I still thinks it's a bad idea
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 am

Post by bv310 »

That would be even better! A scum CCing another scum could then be CC'd on D2 by a real mason and we'd have a 2-for-1.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am

Post by bv310 »

EBWOP: Or a 2-for-2 if another Mason backed up the CC.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Xite91 »

Alright, you win. I don't so much mind masons ccing in that case
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

If there is a cc then it only requires one. We cud, however, let the masons make up their own minds. If myst is scum, then he's caught. The masons wud be better off trying to hunt his partners first. Breadcrumbs are an amazing tool. More wen I'm not on my phone.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by AGar »

ConfidAnon - you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at.

Mysterio said that "scum knows I'm town," in an attempt to give proof as to why he is confirmed town and this claim is valid.

The statement that "scum knows that I [Mysterio] am town," is inherently false. Scum knows he is not their scumteam, and that is all.

The logic behind your vote would be correct if my post was meant to be interpreted that way. Also, I wasn't saying no one should counter-claim. They shouldn't for at least a night, in my opinion, as we could get a cross-kill, but other than that, I never said that. I was simply voting Mysterio for very poor logic in trying to convince us of the veracity of his claim.

With further thought, leaving Mysterio alive is a good idea. At worst, we lose a mason tonight. At best, scum might cross-kill. Give the masons a night to discuss it and if Mysterio dies, oh well, he dug his own grave.

UNVOTE:

Need to re-read reactions to the claim now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Alright, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Unvote
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by AGar »

Posts #101 and #103 have seemed to slip under the radar completely.

#101 discredits both Mysterio and Xite as townies. Not a mason and a townie, but two townies. I find this peculiar.

#103 is contradictory in an incredible sense of the word. Basically ignores the mason issue, and goes after a player not contributing with their vote while not contributing themselves. Middling and going after a lurker. Looks fantastically scummy.

VOTE: Kaiveran

Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Mysterio »

This thread sure blew up since I claimed. Everyone altogether now say, "Thank you, Mysterio!" :cool:
Xite91 wrote:1) Assuming you're town, which I am atm.
2) Uhm, that's every point in the game IMO. Sometimes, making overtly scummy moves is a good play, if done right, but rarely do scum take that chance
3) Who said it was fake? Nice Misrep
4) Bolded. How's that unfortunate unless you're scum? Also, I'd like you to point out that "slip"
5) How?
6) If you claimed it was for a gambit, it would make sense. If you said they were lying, it would make sense. Of course this wouldn't get you past D2 in most cases, but with 2 kills per night, that's not a bad chance of winning still.
7) To fake claim as town? Now here's a slip we can talk about.
Sidebar: A lot of these points were completely unnecessary. Fracturing someone's post and trying to pick out random crap makes you look very,
very
scummy.

2), 3), 4) - It's arguably more important in the beginning of the game when everyone is equal. Later in the game, there's a possibility of building a reputation that might allow scum to take more risks. Just how the game evolves. Also,
I'm
the one that said it was fake. That's not misrepresenting you, that's accusing you. There's a difference. Finally, 4) is a huge stretch. Have you never heard that figure of speech before? Please don't waste my time with weak points like these.

5), 6), 7) - These points should not have been fractured like that. They are all referring to the same main point, which is that your reasoning behind a town fake claim doesn't make sense. Point 5) was the setup, while points 6) and 7) were the explanation. Breaking up my post into nonsensical parts tells me that you're forcing the issue. If you are indeed town, then my advice to you is to stop trying so hard. If you're scum, well, just one more point against you. Also, your response to 7) is strange. Did you forget that you're the one who mentioned the possibility of me fake claiming as town? I'll even quote it:
Xite wrote:a) I think you're town, just not a mason, trying to pull something I've actually done a few times before
If you did forget, then please try to keep up.
Xite wrote:You claim mason
Theres a bit of discussion, a lot of which gives some good info during the day
If no one else claims, you get NK'd, giving town less of a chance of losing a PR
If others claim, there's still a chance of you getting NK'd, which is still less a chance of town losing a PR
Therefore, a successful gambit
What if I'm really a Mason? I'm interested to know how you'd read my claim then.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Kaiveran wrote:Hey, guys, I
am
playing this game. The last two days were a bastard and I forgot to send out a V/LA notice.

I've just skimmed the thread and I still have lots of things to do. The Mysterio/Xite conflict is interesting but my scum supsicions aren't going either way for now. nobody's looking particularly suspicious, but I plan to analyze the possibilities further. Tomorrow I'll be
really
ready to go.

Welp, so far, nopointinactingup seems to be the only person without significant contributions, so perhaps this'll bring him out of the woodwork:

Vote: nopoint
i really want to know why 'nobody' is looking particularly suspicious to you.
@mysteriou why did u claim so early?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Mysterio »

AGar wrote:The statement that "scum knows that I [Mysterio] am town," is inherently false. Scum knows he is not their scumteam, and that is all.
Can you expand on this a bit? The fact is scum know I'm not on their team, whether or not they know if I'm on the other scum team is irrelevant. This would only be worth pointing out if the scum teams had some kind of win condition that forced them to collaborate. Otherwise, if I'm not on their team, then me being on the other team or town makes no difference to them. You're going to have to explain this a bit.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Mysterio »

AGar wrote:The statement that "scum knows that I [Mysterio] am town," is inherently false. Scum knows he is not their scumteam, and that is all.
Can you expand on this a bit? The fact is scum know I'm not on their team, whether or not they know if I'm on the other scum team is irrelevant. This would only be worth pointing out if the scum teams had some kind of win condition that forced them to collaborate. Otherwise, if I'm not on their team, then me being on the other team or town makes no difference to them. You're going to have to explain this a bit.

Return to “Completed Open Games”