Ladies Night -- Game Over

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

Paws wrote:I like how I get votes because I have nothing to say on day 1
If nobody has anything to say on Day 1 we go nowhere. So say something and take us somewhere. Do any of the posts stand out at all so far? Put a vote down on someone if you find something.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:09 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Right-o.
Vote: Snow_Bunny

Haylen wrote:Why are we saying I've said things I havent?
Oh snap. Wrong person. I meant UK. Sorry about that. I blame not getting enough sleep yesterday cuz it was so damn hot.
If I gave you a gun who would you shoot here and now?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:25 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

esurio, hate to beat a dead horse, but do you regard the Haylen/Hoopla interaction to be more or less fluffy than my use of the word "Interesting"?
More fluffy, actually, but like anything else in the game of mafia it's the context that says everything, not necessarily the fact that there's fluff itself.

I haven't seen anyone give me love. /faux-emo :cry:

Super-easy Paws wagon is super-easy, and while I know it's probably not going to end in a lynch because nothing ever does this early in the game, I'm still wary of hopping on.

@Paws:
Is there anyone on your wagon you view as being too opportunistic in voting you? Why?
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Apok: I'll remind you that townies need to lead others to get lynches as well :P. Mild hypocrisy in your post, interested in seeing where it leads.

@chauchau: Never said she made sense, just that she's posting with town intent :P. The last line in your post is something I observed as well.

@camn: Intriguing post. Unfortunately I only accuse you of one such "tell" in your playbook, and actually use some of those tactics myself. Well, I guess hypothetically two, but I would maintain there are different ways to go about buddying based on intent.

The Paws wagon is interesting. Not particularly one I disagree with, but not particularly one I feel will lead to scum. I will expand on this if necessary.

@Hoopla/chauchau: Both of you appear to have ignored my town intent comment about her. Now now, such carelessness is how scum will deceive you.

Oh, my, the carelessness is my amazing self getting confused for Haylen.

How disturbing.

@Paws: But there's a fair amount to comment on at this point. Several people have already posted with scum intent. Further, Day 1 is when the scum slip the most, it's just not something you can generally extrapolate until you have some flips. So why are you so guarded with your secrets? That could very well have some strong scum intent if it maintains, in which case I must reassess my characterization of your wagon.

@chauchau: Hmm? Perhaps I missed something. Why Snow_Bunny?

esurio is at least giving us some of that good D1 content you have to revisit later in the game ^-^.

So, with me caught up, I'm ambivalent about the Paws wagon. There are a few interesting comments that require follow ups I've asked for. camn still feels like the best vote to me.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Paws »

chauchaudotcom wrote:Right-o.
Vote: Snow_Bunny

Haylen wrote:Why are we saying I've said things I havent?
Oh snap. Wrong person. I meant UK. Sorry about that. I blame not getting enough sleep yesterday cuz it was so damn hot.
If I gave you a gun who would you shoot here and now?
I can't shoot guns.... I'm afraid of killing people :/

Where I Come from Day 1 is basic randomness....
Show
Mafia Game Record

GDS Mafia- 4:6 (40%)
Town- 4:4
Scum- 0:2
Indy/Survivor- 0:0

Crazy Off-Shoot- 2:1 (66%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 2:1

Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%)
Town- 1:0
Scum- 0:0

Mafia Scum- 0:0 (0%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 0:0
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 am

Oh dear, we have that sort of situation. D1, while not exactly the most productive day here, still has more meaning, and generally much can be found from it, especially later game. Part of it is because we have longer to talk. It's not like we have a 48 hour deadline.

I would implore you to reconsider your stance on D1 randomness, and possibly research a few other games around here to see the general procedures we use.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Haylen »

We play mafia differently here, that's why it's advisable to play a newbie game or two first.

Anywho, any question you need answering, don't hesitate to ask ^_^ Haylen <3's Newbies :3
FL wrote:Oh, my, the carelessness is my amazing self getting confused for Haylen.
Didn't understand any of this sentence.

Slightly suspicious of Paws but have a current Newb-Town read on her. If she was an experienced MS player, I'd find it a lot more scummy.

Hoopla: I think if she was scum she wouldn't want to delibrately piss everyone off. But then again, that's WIFOM.

camn: I'm not getting the town camn feel I got in either of the Lovers game we played. I'm also not getting an SK feel from her either. Which would suggest it to be a scum read. Especially since she hasn't done her usual breadcrumb at the beginning of each game. Also loving that she didn't refute my claim of being masons with her - which to me is suspicious aswell. camn, if those you listed are going to gain a town victory, then why have you not used them yet? Buddying: can see potential buddying of DGB, although I can see more of an insulting thing going on at the moment with the degrading of myself and Eso. Votehopping: Again, not seeing it. Policy Voting: If you think I'm a liability to the town, then why didn't you vote for me? Lurkerhunting: Nope, still haven't seen it. Too attractive: Pretty sure this isn't going to help in this game. I wonder if you're still pissed at me for killing you off as Vig in mafia with quickness...

Could see a Hoopla/camn scum pair.

UncertainKitten: Neutral to Town read.

I would like to point out, girls, that this game my selfvote was for nothing. If anyone's interested in why I do it, it's to draw votes from people in order to analyse the wagon later on in the game. It's generally a correct analysis too. It's just a pity I never listen to this analysis as it has helped me find the last scum in games on numerous occassions. The fakeclaim: work it out for yourselves. Being argumentative: More reaction seeking than anything. And I got the reaction I wanted. From Hoopla. That's all anyone's getting from me. For now on that subject of why I'm not effing useless.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

It was me overstating my importance to the town :P.

Also, carelessness my dear Haylen
RC wrote:1 Mafia Godfather
2 Mafia Goons
VS
3 Town Power Roles (Randomly selected from the pool of: Cop, Doc, Nurse, Deputy, Mason, Vigilante, Jailkeeper, Roleblocker)
9 Vanilla Townies
There's no SK possibility.

No other issues with Haylen's post.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Haylen »

UncertainKitten wrote:It was me overstating my importance to the town :P.

Also, carelessness my dear Haylen
RC wrote:1 Mafia Godfather
2 Mafia Goons
VS
3 Town Power Roles (Randomly selected from the pool of: Cop, Doc, Nurse, Deputy, Mason, Vigilante, Jailkeeper, Roleblocker)
9 Vanilla Townies
There's no SK possibility.

No other issues with Haylen's post.
:P It's how I know my gut-pool isn't messed up ^_^ If I was getting a gut SK read, I'd know I was wrong somewhere along the lines.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 am

Post by camn »

@haylen
I hope I am not being degrading! If so, I apologize.
That said, your analasis is full of holes.

First, I have totally breadcrumbed my role. It just happens to be very subtle, even for me. Why you would fish for it is a different question altogether.
The rest of the holes I leave for the town to see, as I am on my iPod, and can't type like I like!

Plus, I assure you I am not mad about you vigging me! Are you mad you didn't make the list with Hoop and Ojanen?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Haylen Post 94 wrote:
Unvote Vote camn

Gut scum read this early in the game, Never before have I had. (Uhh...except in Utopia Mafia and then I caught 2 out of 3 scum on page 2 which amused me no end.)

I'll post later, when I feel more wanted.
This smacks of OMGUS. I want a reasoning better than “gut”
Haylen Post 106 wrote:Could see a Hoopla/camn scum pair.
Why these two?

I see you do give a better reason for your camn vote and I can't really argue with it. It's a weak vote, but at this point of the game most votes are. However, I don't like how you leave yourself open on Paws. In post 106 you sit very firmly on the fence, claiming newbPaws but still voicing suspicion of her. It is like you are leaving both avenues open for you to run down if needed. With Paws being the wagon of choice right now, I don't like this stance, or lack thereof, at all.

= = = = =

Paws where you came from may be all about randomness on day one but I think it is pretty clear that we don't play that way here. Your comment almost makes me think you haven't even read the thread in detail yet. Day one can be a bitch (har har) but the best way to tackle it is to look at the content that has been produced and go from there. You can't claim there isn't anything to comment on because already a bunch of stuff has happened. You even side stepped chaucha's question to you which was another attempt to get you to commit to an opinion in thread. You're basically active lurking at this point, it's not helpful and it's scummy whether your new or not.

Top three suspects so far in your next post please.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm not rolefishing, I'm just intrigued by your roleclaiming ways *shrugs*
I'm not surprised I didn't make the list with Hoopla and Ojanen. I'm a sucky player and I have no self-confidence, so why would anyone have confidence in me? I find it...frustrating. I came to the site with the goal of being the best and haven't succeeded in even being good. My town play is aweful so I'm never gonna be good there. My scum play has really gone downhill for some reason. That title I have under my name is on he assumption that I'm a good SK, yeah succeeded in failing that one. 3/4 games I won and yes, I'm really beating myself up about the last one. I don't deserve that title anymore. But I keep playing and hanging onto the little bit of hope I have that one day I will be good. You're one of, if not the, players I most respect on site. So, yes, I am mad that I didn't make the list, I'm angry at myself.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Haylen, seriously. Stop talking about how bad you are doing or expect to do. Just play the game and let the chips fall where they may. I'm willing to bet you'd have more success if you concentrated more about playing well in whatever game you're in, than worrying extensively over your site reputation. The constant AtE's make my head hurt and have NOTHING to do with this game!
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

The constant AtE's make my head hurt and have NOTHING to do with this game!
Mercury goes retrograde soon.

THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

<_<
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Haylen »

@ Sotty - I apologise for not making it clearer. If Paws was an experienced player like yourself and was acting as she is, I would find it suspicious. I do not find it suspicious for a newbie to do this though. Thus I have a Newb-Town read. I wrote the first part of the sentence 'I am suscious of paws, but currently have a Newb-Town read' because I remember she was a newbie right at the comma. So I decided to leave what I had written and say if she was experienced I would find it bad.

PREVIEW EDIT
@ Sotty - I got asked a question and I answered it. I'm not worried about my site reputation, I'm worried about what I think of myself. FYI, I'm like this with everything, then when I am the best at something I still don't think I'm good enough for example, I cried after getting 100% in 3 exams because I still thought I could've done better and then demanded I retake said exams. Come to think about it...I'm effing mental :/

Also, I've said this in many many games. Nothing I say is an appeal to emotion. If it affects something, then they're the people who turn it into an appeal. What other people do with my words is nothing to do with me.

Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Unvote, Vote: camn
I wanted to give camn a chance to clarify her statements.

By over-the-top scummy, I meant that the buddying was to such an extent that I'm almost not sure what to make of it. For instance:

Mild: "Hm, those players seem to be voting together a lot. Something to keep an eye on."
Medium: "Huh, not only are they voting together, but they attack whoever casts suspicion on either one and defend each other. That's scummy."
Severe: What camn is doing. It seems too blatant to be scum, but it doesn't seem town either...it's just bizarre. Also, without DGB here to possibly clarify/give her opinions on what's going on, I feel like I might be getting an incomplete picture. However, I feel that I can't overlook it, hence the FoS and now vote.
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Sucrose »

Ah, all these anime avatars are going to drive me crazy.

Right now, Paws's actions are a big load of null tell. If she was outright refusing to give information, it would be different, but right now it's just mildly anti-town, not scummy.I don't think this is a good wagon.

I'm leaning town on Haylen, her playstyle seems exactly the same as the last time I played with her. Though if her scum-win percentages really are 70%+ I may end up looking like a big idiot here. I'm still going with my gut.

I've got a hunch.
Unvote, Vote: Uncertain Kitten.
Lots of spread out suspicions, and she looks like she could be the sort of calculated, experienced scum who knows not to do anything to draw extraneous suspicion. I'm certain there's scum lurking somewhere in Uncertain Kitten, Snow Bunny, and Hoopla.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Bout time someone had the guts to attack. A shame they have no case.

I mean, seriously, not even going to try to state I have scum intent in any of my posts? Or even claim I have scumtells?

What a pathetic attack ^-^.

Could you elaborate on Hoopla and Snow_Bunny, or are you just naming names and hoping no one notices?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:02 pm

EBWOP: to attack me, rather.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 pm

...wait. rereading you're post I stand accused of...not being suspicious.

That...

What?

Do you realize how utterly stupid that sounds? Do you at all? Do...I'm about to cry at how ridiculous that is. You have offended my sense of critical thinking. What the hell?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

So, hey, I'm totally gonna be away for a while. Nothing too significant but probably almost a day.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by camn »

Apok-
what clarification are you looking for again? I thought I was pretty clear.

Let me be more clear:

I WANT TO MARRY DGB.
I love her. This game is depressing since she hasn't shown up yet. She is who I strive to be.

But this is nonsense. If you really thought it was 'bizarre' you would simply dig up some meta and all would be explained... But I doubt you will. I think you are just piling on for bandwagons sake... Which is meh. I like bandwagons. I am not worried about getting mislynched right now. I would like to see a better case though!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by cepi »

Haylen and UK are not scum together. Post 4.

Thoughts:

Haylen. Null and annoying. Also grow up. We should probably lynch you just because you annoy me to the bones. Why is Pads newb town? Why do you keep attacking camn for weak reasons (not having a breadcrumb, WTF?) if you know you are not good at town?

Hoopla. Null, slight town for stances. What analysis can you make of the answer to your question in page 1?

Sucrose prob town. 34 has a relaxed tone. A scumbag would prob have avoided feeling good about her SK win.

Eurios is obvtown. 35 is extremely sincere. 69 is a good reason to vote Apoka.

Apokalyptika first scum. 55. Wishywashyness against Hoopla (first null, then she deserves a vote, mmmkay), weak stances, use of "interesting", I like the word overjustify. Vote for camn is a total disaster
Vote: Apokalyptika.

Camn is also obvtown. 71 is awesome. I also thought of a Haylen-Hoopla relation, something only a scumhunting mind could deduce.

UncertainKitten null , could be town for stances but she voted for obvtown camn and is being too kind with Snow Bunny. Prob relation here.

Snow Bunny also null but prob scum for not voting in her first post despite she suspecting Hoopla and camn.

Sotty is null. His vote for Paws is lazy in the context of all that was being talked at the moment. The defense of Apoka rings me sincere but Ill need to evaluate it after we get the Apoka flip.

Paws. POST OR DIE.

chauchau is also prob scum. In 92 he is attacking Euro for attacking Apoka but also attacks Apoka. DOES NOT COMPUTE. Also wtf eurolove, only camn said she was ok? ALSO WTFX2 where does the Snow Bunny vote come from?

Others please Prod or Replace.

Ojanen said she needed a day or two at confirmation time, DGB made a post right after you, and Fenchurch made a post yesterday. I'm not giving out prods just yet, but Ojanen's on the edge.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hi,

just returned from Caffwagon, laundering fermented underwear - will post tomorrow!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Sucrose »

UncertainKitten wrote:...wait. rereading you're post I stand accused of...not being suspicious.

That...

What?

Do you realize how utterly stupid that sounds? Do you at all? Do...I'm about to cry at how ridiculous that is. You have offended my sense of critical thinking. What the hell?
It's more your spread out suspicions and your wishy-washy maybe I'll get on this wagon, maybe I won't attitude. Such as with the Paws wagon. First you say you don't particularly think Paws is scum, but you don't necessarily disagree with the wagon. Then you say Paws's posting "may have some strong scum intent if it maintains." I read this as staying away from the Paws wagon, but leaving an opening to jump in at a later point if the situation is right. Hence my read of you as possible scum playing it safe.

But sorry all, sometimes I'm not that good at articulating my thoughts.
UncertainKitten wrote:Bout time someone had the guts to attack. A shame they have no case.
Why is it 'bout time I attacked? Do you expect to be attacked D1 every game?

I guessed there's likely scum between you, Snow Bunny, and Hoopla because you're three of the more articulate posters who don't strike me immediately as town-ish

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”