Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sure, if you can explain how that helps us find the scum.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Haylen »

Sure, it's game related. I'm trying to get into your head over what you're going to see as overreaction thats others might not see as overreacting and will merely see it as reaction.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm using a scale like this:

X is no reaction at all. As in something that is said isn't replied to in any way.

Anything up to 5 is reasonable and justified. 6 onwards is definately overreacting.

1--
2--
3-- My reaction to Hoopla.
4--
5--
6--
7--
8--
9--
10--

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Hoopla »

1--
2--
3--
4--
5--
6-- My reaction to Haylen's reaction.
7--
8--
9--
10--

Your turn Sotty.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Haylen Post 51 wrote:Sure, it's game related. I'm trying to get into your head over what you're going to see as overreaction thats others might not see as overreacting and will merely see it as reaction.
Fair enough. An overreaction is responding to an event in a way that is stronger than justified or needed.

You clearly overreacted with your emotional outburst in post 43. I also view your fall backs on your various syndromes as an overreaction to Hoop's pressure on you and why you got your stat wrong. However from what I have seen of you Haylen, you overreact quite a bit and so it is a null tell.

EDIT BY PREVIEW: What do you want me to judge Haylen? My opinion of your reaction to Hoop?
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Ok, this is interesting. I'm not sure what Hoopla's trying to do here; on the one hand I doubt that scum would give themselves such a high profile so early, but on the other hand her behavior doesn't scream town. I fail to see whether it matters if Hoopla cares about me as a player or not, but for the record: I played a couple of newbie games a while ago that I'm too lazy to go back and look up, and I don't know that I have a playstyle or anything to offer the town other than trying to win using my best reasoning.

I admit that my opinion of Hoopla may be skewed negatively due to the dismissive attitude that she's currently taking with the few players that haven't met her high standards. In addition, I personally dislike when RL emotions and the intentional triggering of same get involved in Mafia games, and Hoopla seems to be trying to piss as many people off as possible. It may possibly be a tactic to motivate discussion, but it seems more likely to cloud logical reasoning with emotion and thus give scum more room to maneuver.

Also, newest Hoopla post came up as I was about to post. Now I'm definitely feeling padding; either try to bring the game out of random stage or don't. I think I'm currently justified in casting a
vote: Hoopla
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Haylen »

Sotty7 wrote:
Haylen Post 51 wrote:Sure, it's game related. I'm trying to get into your head over what you're going to see as overreaction thats others might not see as overreacting and will merely see it as reaction.
EDIT BY PREVIEW: What do you want me to judge Haylen? My opinion of your reaction to Hoop?
I would like to know where you feel my reaction falls on that scale.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Sotty7 »

1--
2--
3--
4--
5--
6--
7--
My opinion of your reaction to Hoop. (7.5)
8--
9--
10--
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Haylen »

Hoopla, is 6 where you think my reaction is on the scale? I'd like Apok's one aswell if I may.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

1--
2--
3--
4-- My opinion of Sotty's recent opinion.
5--
6--
7--
8--
9--
10--

Apokaliptika; you're overjustifying.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Haylen, I'd say your reaction was about a 7. Hoopla, I may possibly be overjustifying, but I frankly think this mucking around with number/rating scales is a big waste of time, and neither you nor anyone else have shown that it is contributing to the game in any way, whether it be random fun or scumhunting.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Apokalyptika wrote:Haylen, I'd say your reaction was about a 7. Hoopla, I may possibly be overjustifying, but I frankly think this mucking around with number/rating scales is a big waste of time, and neither you nor anyone else have shown that it is contributing to the game in any way, whether it be random fun or scumhunting.
Maybe it'd be more efficient with a bigger scale? How does 150 sound? Rate that idea on a scale of 1-150.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Haylen »

I don't think the reaction rating is a waste of time. It allows for the preliminaries of scumhunting. I'd like to know what people think reacting and overreacting is and found a visual scale would work best for me *shrugs*

I think Hoopla's taking the piss out of my scales ._.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

The rating scale ruse...
is a distraction.

No, seriously, it serves no purpose, either in the sense of town OR scum intent. I see no reason to humor Haylen in this endeavor since, quite frankly, you and Hoopla's back and forth has been useless chaff that has been completely uninteresting and at some points a headache to read.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Well, different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Hoopla, I'd like some elaboration on why you said that you wouldn't lynch Fenchurch, Ojanen or camn today. I'm presuming that wasn't entirely serious, but I'd like to more fully understand why you said that.

On a lighter note, I am loving not having to check pronouns :D
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Hoopla »

Apokalyptika wrote:Well, different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Hoopla, I'd like some elaboration on why you said that you wouldn't lynch Fenchurch, Ojanen or camn today. I'm presuming that wasn't entirely serious, but I'd like to more fully understand why you said that.

On a lighter note, I am loving not having to check pronouns :D
Because they have a track record of being powerful town players capable of breaking games wide open. I don't deem their scumgames to be nearly as potent, and in this set-up, if they're scum, our PR's might catch them anyway. They'd have to do something pretty disasterous to warrant me calling for their head on D1. So, to shock you, I was being serious.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Is it just day one you won't lynch them?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

Sotty7 wrote:Is it just day one you won't lynch them?
Yes. I think I will know by then.
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Paws »

You people make very very very long posts during day 1....
Show
Mafia Game Record

GDS Mafia- 4:6 (40%)
Town- 4:4
Scum- 0:2
Indy/Survivor- 0:0

Crazy Off-Shoot- 2:1 (66%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 2:1

Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%)
Town- 1:0
Scum- 0:0

Mafia Scum- 0:0 (0%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 0:0
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Sotty wrote:Since we are old battle hardened war buddies wanna tell me if your scum? If you are I'll make your death quick and painless, I promise.
Nope. Boring ol' town. /sigh.
However from what I have seen of you Haylen, you overreact quite a bit and so it is a null tell.
/agree

unvote; vote: Apokalyptika

Gut, and like Hoopla said, overjustification. I have a vendetta against people using the word 'interesting' to describe a situation (#55). 'Interesting' could mean damn near anything and I've seen scum use it as a word that allows them to look like they're commenting on a situation without actually giving away any thoughts of real substance. At least Apokalyptika isn't guilty of a lack of elaboration on
why
it's "interesting", but it just kinda reads like fluff to me.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Sucrose »

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I thought the whole discussion on Haylen getting her town win percentages wrong and if she did or did not get offended was pointless. Scum aren't dumb enough to make up lies about things like winning percentages. If anything, scum are going to be more careful than usual about not giving out wrong information that someone could call them on.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by camn »

Hello, my darlings.

Let me clear some things up:
Haylen wrote:Hoopla...I calculated my win rate yesterday and found I have a 26.1% win rate as town, 92.9% win rate as scum and a 75% win rate as third party. Do the calculations show I'm easy to catch as scum? ~_~
This just shows that we should lynch you. If this is the truth, you are nothing but a town liability.

Speaking of BEGGING to be lynched...
esuriospiritus wrote:...I suck at being town too, but that's partially because I fucking LOATHE playing town....
....I will probably go for a stretch of three days without posting at least once throughout the duration of the game. ..
...You can tell how interested I am in a game by the length of my posts....
So.. we can expect you to lurk if you are town? yay. And if you ARE town, you will never get nightkilled because the scum LOVE townies like that. great.
Sotty7 wrote:I don't see how any of this Haylen v Hoop talk has anything to do with actual mafia. I think Hoop is intentionally pushing Haylen's buttons but Haylen is overreacting and playing the victim.
I totally agree... except that I TOTALLY see how it has something to do with mafia. But, I think it went on a little too long. A little too hoopla-is-scum long, ifyouknowhatimean. Maybe even a little too hoopla-haylen-partners long. I see I am not the only one.

DGB, Are you here yet? I need your opinion on Apokalyptika. On first read, I thought her jumping in on Hoopla was pretty scummy, but on second read I thought Hoopla WAS pretty scummy. But I do have a tingle that one of them is scum.

That said, I am not ready for a Haylen lynch quite yet, but esuriospiritus I dont know, and I don't appreciate her own assessment of her ability to benefit the town.

VOTE: esuriospiritus

------------------------------
----preview edit.-------------

UNVOTE

I like your last post esurio. Enough to go with my instincts, which is what DGB will tell me to do anyway.

VOTE : Apokalyptika
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Paws has just made an interesting comment that mildly bugs me. Minor scum intent detected, since that's the kind of post I would make as scum to be "here" without actually contributing.

I'd appreciate something more concrete soon, Paws.

Also, hilarity detected as I made the above comment before reading esurio's...
interesting
post :P. Well, OK, it's not interesting at all, it's just over speculation too early in the game with strong town intent.

Sucrose shows a lot of theory promise. Null intended post though.

camn's comment towards Haylen bugs me since it feels like thin justification for a policy lynch. The esurio comment makes things worse.

Huh. Funny, her entire post reeks of scum intent.

Unvote, Vote camn

Page 3, not bad ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Camn,

If I have something new to say, I will not hesitate to say it, but if someone beats me to a point I feel like reiterating that point is contributing to the noise ratio, and I'd rather lurk than do that. I also don't have a hell of a lot of confidence in my ability to read people correctly, but I'm trying to work on that. I want to get better as town because I
want
to like playing town, seeing as how it's the role I draw most of the time, but it's a process.

I don't get a read off camn's post either way, UK. .-. What makes you think it's scummy, exactly?
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

It's hard to explain but I'll do my best. There's a lot of things in there that feel to me that they benefit scum. I outlined the obvious policy lynch arguments as bad. The fact she doesn't even back them up with a vote (though supposedly would have, though the timestamp separation does not necessarily imply the truth of that), further implies she wants wiggle room to fall back on likely mislynches for reasons of policy. There's further creation of wiggle room for a collection of null tells regarding Hoopla and Haylen. Finally, there's a reliance on DGB, often a charismatic force no matter what side she's on, to verify a read for her which feels like testing the waters.

Basically, it feels like scum who wants to look productive while creating a massive amount of wiggle room, as well as testing the waters on some more arguable grounds.

Her scum intent is, however, slightly mitigated by the vote she DID end up on. But, for page 3 it's a pretty decent place to start.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”