Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ Furco -- It is my personal interpretation that your unusual style is an affectation, and that you have a main account elsewhere that is better-behaved. Also, even if that's not the case, the flagrancy of those 2 posts after Friend's question look like answer-by-example to me.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Socrates »

Sebguer wrote:Because lynching either is a plus?

He's scummier than anyone else who has posted.
Yes. Mislynching, always a plus.
Sebguer
Sebguer
Goon
Sebguer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Sebguer »

He's declaring someone's 98% scum from four posts. One of those posts was an RVS of Furc, the second was a "why do I need to justify my RVS?", third was "policy lynches are better for a vig to do", and last was calling out Furc's bullshit.

Furc is scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Furcolow »

to the people voting for me: I haven't ever been lynched as scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Furcolow »

Sebguer, if you are town, you need to shut up
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Furcolow »

and by shut up, i mean let me respond to people who are actually competant, without forcing me to spam one liners
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Furcolow wrote:to the people voting for me: I haven't ever been lynched as scum.

Nice Appeal to Fear...
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

Iecerint wrote:@ Furco -- It is my personal interpretation that your unusual style is an affectation, and that you have a main account elsewhere that is better-behaved. Also, even if that's not the case, the flagrancy of those 2 posts after Friend's question look like answer-by-example to me.
I actually do not have a main that is better behaved, and I would say that my tone and word choice are not affectations. I had to look up that word. I like it. My play, however, is an affectation. I "play the fool". Good call.

I actually have a very good sense of who is scum based on the reactions that I have had so far. Some of the people who are "sitting on the fence" with my play = town. Most of the people who are like the third, fourth, and fifth people to attack me will generally be scum. I use what I've done more than people expect.

I'll give an example: I'll post a list using an RNG. They don't see the reason for me doing things such as trying to lynch using an RNG. They say "using an RNG is scummy, you cannot lynch with an RNG." My reason for doing it isn't under the delusion of actually being able to lynch someone with it, but to gather information based upon how people react to it.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Furcolow wrote:to the people voting for me: I haven't ever been lynched as scum.

Nice Appeal to Fear...
haven't heard that one before.
what are they coming out with new terms everyday so people can look smart?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I just saw it myself.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Furcolow »

I'm also not saying "i am not be scum this game", because that is pointless. You all don't know whether or not I am scum. I can try to convince you all through my play, but that has been failing so far.

Would you all rather me 1) stop taking the spotlight as a town, and potentially get mislynched through not defending myself as actively?
2) continue taking the spotlight, and posting like I am?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I always prefer activity over lurking.

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Friend »

Furcolow wrote:
Iecerint wrote:@ Furco -- It is my personal interpretation that your unusual style is an affectation, and that you have a main account elsewhere that is better-behaved. Also, even if that's not the case, the flagrancy of those 2 posts after Friend's question look like answer-by-example to me.
I actually do not have a main that is better behaved, and I would say that my tone and word choice are not affectations. I had to look up that word. I like it. My play, however, is an affectation. I "play the fool". Good call.

I actually have a very good sense of who is scum based on the reactions that I have had so far. Some of the people who are "sitting on the fence" with my play = town. Most of the people who are like the third, fourth, and fifth people to attack me will generally be scum. I use what I've done more than people expect.

I'll give an example: I'll post a list using an RNG. They don't see the reason for me doing things such as trying to lynch using an RNG. They say "using an RNG is scummy, you cannot lynch with an RNG." My reason for doing it isn't under the delusion of actually being able to lynch someone with it, but to gather information based upon how people react to it.
Socrates: This post feels
just
like VI-town to me. He's posted things similar to this that gave me that impression earlier.
Socrates wrote:Thats exactly what I mean by riding shotgun on the wagon. You aren't going to push the wagon, but yay pressure!
Why is this bad? The wagon isn't going to lead to a lynch on page 5. I'm obviously not trying to distance myself from the wagon, and pressure leads to information which leads to finding scum.
Socrates wrote:As for furc's alignment, I think everything he has done so far he would probably do regardless of alignment. He's frazzled and getting pushed around by the other players. This wagon is dumb, but not the kind of dumb that says anything about his alignment. Unless you are scum, in which case he is town.
This is a complete cop-out. You acted like the wagon had reached the point where we could draw conclusions from his reactions, and then you provide none. I find that scummy.
Socrates wrote:
Sebguer wrote:Because lynching either is a plus?

He's scummier than anyone else who has posted.
Yes. Mislynching, always a plus.
This is exactly what I said about ani, and you dismissed it and called ani town. What is the difference between Sebguer and ani?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Plum »

Socrates wrote:I suspect some of the players that haven't posted yet don't know that day 1 has begun, as there was no notification as such. Minor town tell for all of them.
Mod: can you notify the players that haven't posted yet that the game has begun?
Why would scum be more likely to realize Day 1 began than scum?
SocioPath wrote:Man I want to see a VI vs. VI fight.
I don't think I've ever really got to see one of those before.
We could even take side betting. :P
I want to stop that sort of thing before it starts, but it looks like it's too late.
Furcolow wrote:Town Cohesion will come through people waking up and performing as a collective as opposed to subjective. WE should pressure together, tunnel together, FoS together, and lynch together. I want not one to be held accountable, but all. This will root out scum if we do it, mark my words.
How? And I note you broke your own three-paragraph policy in the very post you suggested it. Classy.
Socrates wrote:
Friend wrote:@Socrates: First off, I'm not on the wagon, which you seem to have missed. I don't want him lynched but I'm not fighting actively to diffuse it or anything - it's just an early-day wagon and those are always good. I don't think he has said enough to draw a conclusion, yet, honestly, although I'm leaning towards town. What do you think? Is he town or scum?
Thats exactly what I mean by riding shotgun on the wagon. You aren't going to push the wagon, but yay pressure!
Yes, this. The Townies who aren't policy-lynch pushers are more likely to be the sort who take the theory arguments against policy lynches in general seriously and fight all policy lynches staunchly. But the very reaction:
Friend wrote:@Socrates: First off, I'm not on the wagon, which you seem to have missed. I don't want him lynched but I'm not fighting actively to diffuse it or anything - it's just an early-day wagon and those are always good.
It gives me strong feeling of 'who me? but I didn't do anything scummy at all; how could you suspect me if I'm not on the wagon?!' out of scum who thought he'd made a safe choice which wouldn't draw undue attention.

I don't happen to like his analysis of Ani's logic here, either:
Friend wrote:1. Furcolow acts scummy as town.
2. Furcolow is in this game and acting scummy.
3. You want to policy lynch him for his behavior, even though he acts this way as town.
4. You want to lynch town.
Ani never said Furcolow acts scummy as Town; he said that he provides poor reasoning and acts scummy across the board. He never said Furcolow acting scummy = Furcolow Town. The implication made, that Ani had reason to believe that Furcolow was, due to his behavior, Town, is completely illegitimate.

Not sure if I'm on the right track or not, but UNVOTE: Wraith
VOTE: Friend

Re: Furcolow and Ani. I dislike Furcolow more. Furcolow's shifting around of his strong suspicion seems, well, doesn't seem as organic as Town-based play like this I've seen, possibly because it hasn't been accompanied by votes, just provoking suggestions. His aggression is related and annoying, but by itself it's not a sign of anything. Shoving various things in our faces - like that he's never been lynched as scum - is distracting and WIFOM-y; if he's doing it on purpose as Town, he's being disingenuous. The three-paragraph policy and related suggestions seemed to test his ability to direct the Town at this stage in the game; in any case, the policy itself is a poor idea; I'm still thinking about its scumminess, but I should have some more words on that soonish. It all may be a front on Furc's part, but I'm starting to dislike playing with him, at any rate; it may get better. Ani seems null, maybe slightly Townish from what I recall of his play in other games.

PREVIEW EDIT:
Friend wrote:Why is this bad? The wagon isn't going to lead to a lynch on page 5. I'm obviously not trying to distance myself from the wagon, and pressure leads to information which leads to finding scum.
Who says you're not trying to distance yourself from the wagon? I think it's eminently possible.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Friend »

I am admitting that I'm not trying to distance myself from the wagon. I've said I support the wagon. That's the opposite of distancing.
Plum wrote: Ani never said Furcolow acts scummy as Town; he said that he provides poor reasoning and acts scummy across the board. He never said Furcolow acting scummy = Furcolow Town. The implication made, that Ani had reason to believe that Furcolow was, due to his behavior, Town, is completely illegitimate.
The only meta ani had of Furc was his TOWN META. That means that he had only seen Furcolow acting scummy AS TOWN.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Furcolow »

in relation to ani/sebguer: ani has a brain, at least. What I mean to say is, at least ani thinks for himself.

@plum, pardon you not liking my play so far, and I'm not familiar with "disingenuous". dis- usually implies negative connotations, and ingenious is definitely what I am, as I have a very high I.Q.

I'm assuming you're saying that if I'm town my mental capability is in question, and I take offense to that. I appreciate you saying that I have strong ability, or at least implying it.

@Friend, you are admitting to what? Being scum? Oh.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Furcolow »

Furcolow wrote:I'm also not saying "i am not be scum this game", because that is pointless. You all don't know whether or not I am scum. I can try to convince you all through my play, but that has been failing so far.

Would you all rather me 1) stop taking the spotlight as a town, and potentially get mislynched through not defending myself as actively?
2) continue taking the spotlight, and posting like I am?
vote 1 or 2, please
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Furcolow »

"i am not be scum this game" LOL. I'm such an idiot.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Friend »

Furcolow wrote: @Friend, you are admitting to what? Being scum? Oh.
What?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Furcolow »

You feel like scum buddying up to a mislynch to try and be like "Oh, well, you guys, I defended him"
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Socrates »

Friend wrote:Socrates: This post feels just like VI-town to me. He's posted things similar to this that gave me that impression earlier.
Could you please attempt to articulate this impression more clearly? An important question to make such an articulation easier: What do you think a scum-VI would do differently?
Friend wrote:"Why is this bad? The wagon isn't going to lead to a lynch on page 5. I'm obviously not trying to distance myself from the wagon, and pressure leads to information which leads to finding scum.
See my second paragraph of that post.
Friend wrote:This is a complete cop-out. You acted like the wagon had reached the point where we could draw conclusions from his reactions, and then you provide none. I find that scummy.
I knew you would say this. I am NOT the one that intimated that wagons are productive. In fact, I specifically said that I think such attitudes are bologna, and me demanding content from you is me calling you out on such bullshit.

I never once said that Sebguer was scum.

PREVIEW:
Plum wrote:Why would scum be more likely to realize Day 1 began than scum?
The scum quicktopic, of course. (And before anyone says anything, I always assume scum can talk during the pre-game.)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Plum »

Furcolow wrote:@plum, pardon you not liking my play so far, and I'm not familiar with "disingenuous". dis- usually implies negative connotations, and ingenious is definitely what I am, as I have a very high I.Q.

I'm assuming you're saying that if I'm town my mental capability is in question, and I take offense to that. I appreciate you saying that I have strong ability, or at least implying it.
No, I think you're intelligent enough (wait, were you the one mentioning his ACT scores after I died in Stars Aligned II or was that someone else?).
I actually think we both may have used the word incorrectly. I mean that you're making a poor estimation of what will actually help the Town, if you're doing it in an attempt to help the Town.

Soc - fair enough, I suppose.
Friend wrote:I am admitting that I'm not trying to distance myself from the wagon. I've said I support the wagon. That's the opposite of distancing.
Plum wrote: Ani never said Furcolow acts scummy as Town; he said that he provides poor reasoning and acts scummy across the board. He never said Furcolow acting scummy = Furcolow Town. The implication made, that Ani had reason to believe that Furcolow was, due to his behavior, Town, is completely illegitimate.
The only meta ani had of Furc was his TOWN META. That means that he had only seen Furcolow acting scummy AS TOWN.
Saying that you're supporting the wagon while also screaming 'but I'm not actually voting him!' screams distancing from something which you are actually actively pushing.

When you made that post, the bit you commented on, Ani had mentioned Furc's meta in general. He said "I'm lynching you because I've taken a look in several other games, and you have provided
terrible
reasoning in every game, and you act even more scummy than I DO." He made no mention of whether Furc had been Town, scum, or a mix in those several games from which the meta had been drawn. He implied no likeliness of Furc to be Town in consideration of his play, only that he consistently provided poor reasoning and acted scummy.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Beefster »

Holy cow. 5 pages already? I was gone like 20 hours...

Unvote

FoS: Furcolow, Friend

I can see either or both of them being scum. It's just gut right now, but I'll try to get in a little more logic once I unwind from school a bit.

I'm gonna wait for the next votecount before placing a vote though.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Socrates »

Friend wrote:
You are misinterpreting Ani's intentions. He is not voting Furc because he thinks Furc is scum, he is voting Furc because he wants Furc dead no matter what he alignment is. That is the definition of a policy lynch. Are you doing this on purpose?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Socrates »

Beefster wrote:Holy cow. 5 pages already? I was gone like 20 hours...

Unvote

FoS: Furcolow, Friend

I can see either or both of them being scum. It's just gut right now, but I'll try to get in a little more logic once I unwind from school a bit.

I'm gonna wait for the next votecount before placing a vote though.
In an absolute vacuum, who would you vote? Do you think that could be scum together?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”