Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 am

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez wrote:Also not sure why their watcher grant was so expensive, is there something I'm missing about it that makes it more powerful than a tracker?
[advicedog]WATCH OBVIOUS KILL TARGET/EASY SCUM LYNCH[/advicedog]
And yeah, I wouldn't have thought 2 scum was at all plausible except for how I interpreted Vi's comment. I thought she was like ALERT: PLZ DON'T START GLOATING YET, YE SCUM.
Well, a lynch in 4P MyLo ends the game for SOMEONE so it could have been either team.
Was Haylen's OMG MY PM BOX WAS FULL thing all planned? O_O
Nope.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 am

Post by AGar »

Plum wrote:Good bussing, AGar. Mad at myself. Annoyed at myself for clearing him, but hoped that at LYLO there would be more discussion . . . I dunno. Anyway, the lesson is once again clear: if you bus your buddies long before anyone realizes they might need bussing, it pays big dividends.
It was funny. I came into this game, got scum and was highly excited. Then I saw my partner was Vezo. Instantly, I knew I was bussing, based on reputation alone. He made it a decently easy job to setup in his first few posts.

Bussing is a habit of mine sometimes because I like working alone, knowing that I call the shots. Ironically, I hate serial killer roles, as I just found out. Probably because Mafia you can bus for major credit.

For my partners, after this game, I was a little sad to see Vezok leave the site. While he isn't a paragon or don corleone candidate, I saw some really solid scum-thought behind his play in our QT that shocked me. Haylen was screwed from the get-go, and I probably would've called BS about the "Haylie" bit as town as well. Mothrax did a wonderful job once we discussed in our QT that it would be beneficial for each other to keep the heat on, as it would do a great wonder to clear me or him if the other went down. Him keeping up the act of wanting me dead really sold me some pro-town points. SocioPath deserves my unending praise - without him and his uncanny ability of avoiding the lynch, I'm not sure we would've won. Seriously, the guy nearly bit the bullet once, which would've sealed my loss. Then we had a shift to Pac with a potential viability for a mislynch on CKD the next day, bringing us into a 5:2 situation, with an easy path to LYLO or MYLO.

Which leads to my next thing. CKD - Props for that gambit. I nearly shit a brick when I saw that, and instantly knew there was no way out of it. Not with Plum surviving. The bit with Iece being at L-1 before CKD's zeusbolt sucked, because I wanted soooo badly to hammer him away, knowing Chrono's lurky nature. (Chrono, I really do apologize for my remark earlier. Hope all is well.)

Overall, this win goes right up there with my first game on MS as probably a tie for my proudest scum victory. I loved the setup Vi, it was amazing. The Holy Orders mechanic was a great one. Unfortunately now I really need to re-tool my scum-game, as I've heavily bussed in two of my past 3 games as scum that wrapped.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 am

Post by Haylen »

Lol, that was actually pretty fun. I was screwed from the start, that's why I made the claim I did, it was do or die. That's why I'm really pleased with my play here, I did the best I could in a stupid situation AND managed to come up with a fakeclaim - never managed to pull off one to this extent before and I'd spent only about 3 minutes working on it. I used to whole Vezlie thing to generate a bit of offhand discussion. It didn't really matter who the !!!!'s were in the end.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 am

Post by AGar »

NKs:

D1 Vezo insisted on the Fate kill, although IIRC, he also had the idea of a Plum kill, which I vehemently opposed, as Plum was agreeing with me on bussing him. I really didn't care about the kill at the time, especially because D1 is usually when I set up my gameplan. So as scum, I'm not particularly fond of the nightless setups, because it forces me to pick a kill before the day wraps. Often times I'll wait on kills and think up hairbrained scenarios.
D2 was Mothrax and Socio's kill. I don't know who was killed actually. Lol. Oh, it was Zwet because of the PR/holy shit Zwet is uber-something feeling.
D3 was Socrates. Tracker was dangerous, at least in my eyes.
D4 for Friend was, at least as I recall, because Friend had gotten that message, and it showed trust from the other god, and therefore he needed to die.
D5 Plum choice was obvious.
D6 would've been CKD. Instead it was Furc once CKD got struck down.

I found myself forgetting about our QT quite often, as during Day I'm not used to co-ordinating. Instead I plan my actions and act on them on my own impulses.

Blocks were arbitrary for some reason. I actually don't remember why I didn't block CKD that night instead of Iece. We knew he submitted an action :/ But it worked out in the end.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Haylen »

PS. I really DID sent Vi that PM asking about Vezok's ability xD

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Awesome game. I loved it. I didn't quit the site because of this game. I really loved it. AGar was a genius.

Haylen claim was amazing. I quit the game because people instead of making cases on other people were making posts to show how my play is bad. (in another game). I thought about staying into this game but I decided not to and because Haylen wanted to play.

All in all it was an awesome game.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:36 am

Post by AGar »

I think my new avatar is fitting, yes? ^^

And Vezo, don't sweat it brotha. Like I said, you engineered some pretty good thought, I think, in our QT.

Also, I had no clue there was an actual gravedigger role? Lol I was so confused at that point.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 am

Post by Haylen »

There isn't one :? I made it up.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Haylen »

furthermore, I would like to point this thread out to you. I discovered the problem with role PM's filling up a box back in August and solved the problem on the same day. I'm very very suprised that nobody picked up on that :P

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:07 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

curious Plum, would you have killed SP that day if it wasnt for my gambit? I thought i looked slightly scummy from the day before and I knew that Sp and that idiot Furc (I really dont want to troll, but I cant help it) were going to come out of the gate to push a case against me...I didnt trust Chrono not to blindly join it (because I wasnt sure he was even reading the game)..so i had to come up with something....it could have back fired.

again, want to give props to scum....now I think about it, I really had Agar in my town column...not sure why, he didnt do anything town...but he was there none the less. stupid gut....right most of the time, but meh.

the Soc, reasoning was bad...I hate it when people use graphs to prove shit...it is always wrong.

Iece, I didnt like that you proxy-ed a vote to me...I just dont feel that was a town thing to do....I did however, start to reconsider you being scum right before I was offed.

I havent had time to read the set up yet...., but hoping to do so soon (got one more game to update).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:13 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I nominated Haylen for best fake claim.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I had a real love/hate relationship with this game.

The first couple of days the game was awful, the thread was hard to read and it gave me a serious headache. It was even more depressing to spend all that faith to plot with our scum buddies only to find out that they didn't much care for each other. Sad. Thankfully, I had Zach to spam up our control panel with which was fun. As the game wore on it got better and better, the drama around CKD's partial claim was pretty epic. We had been planning Judgment for awhile but didn't have enough faith to push it though before it all came out. I really wanted to kill him before he revealed leaving the town thinking wtf :lol: Then when Socio was caught we just went into hyper panic mode. The vig shot came totally out of left field and I sat at the computer for a moment not understanding what happened until Zach figured it out. It was awesome. Yay PGO!

GG, why did you send such a coded message? I never understood that, why not just be clear? We tried to get the town focusing on set up when we sent our halos. Trying to make them spend time ID'ing us and so on. But yeah, we tended to save our faith so the messages were low priority.

Game was good, really loved our role, but the thread and posting itself wasn't really my kind of game especially the first few days. I lobbied for Soc, Plum and CKD's kills ever since we were able to talk to the scum team. Simply because these were the three most obv town people that were actually making sense out of the game state.

Overall a good experience, the epicness of the mass killings before mylo will be hard to top.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Oh, we can probably post the scum QT unless someone objects?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 am

Post by mothrax »

I have no issues posting the qt. And I didnt dislike any of my scummates, like AGar said once we got it cleared that it was game and not personal, I actually enjoyed playing with him. My main regret was my botched fakeclaim. It was my first onsite (my first scumgame).
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Haylen »

Post the QT if you like ^_^

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

When I say didn't care for each other, I mean "didn't care to totally exploit the awesome of DAY TALK"

I'll never understand scum teams that don't abuse the crap out of that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ CKD -- This is actually the first game I've ever done that. I remember getting REALLY STRONG townvibes from you right after you replaced in. I coupled that with some nonsensical anti-Sebguer rhetoric early game (people seemed to think he was scum even though he did almost nothing), I was pretty confident in your role (that, or you were scum with some people who were failing at distancing, but that gave me something I could evaluate best by pushing you to center stage, anyway). And I wasn't confident in other players' roles. So I decided to try it, since I'd seen other players do it to good effect in games where I was scum; everyone proxying to SpyreX, for example, is unnerving.

My blood boils when SP beats me and he's scum and I knew he was scum, but meh. I wonder what I could've done to actually get a wagon going on him D4...Glorky can always do it... :(
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

SSK still isn't around so I'm gonna go ahead and post this, I don't see anything SSK said he would object to other people seeing anyway.

This is probably longer than the scum quicktopic by the way, I kinda spammed it up with messing with things a lot to try and maximize interest and talking to Vi about off-topic stuff.
Seraph Laaaaaand-http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/2BRGEtNair48V
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh, I didn't notice that the serephs got 100% of the battery converted. We only got 1/3rd. I'm not sure why that is...
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Plum »

Town gets rewarded more than scum for lynching on time. Vi's principles (the ones which lead to the original Battery-powered deadline system in the first place) wouldn't have had it otherwise.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ooh, Gamma looks good in the Seraph QT, except for thinking I'm scum, which I can't really blame him for.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

And yeah, I wanted to pick a name that would be unique at any forum I joined, so I named myself after the Latin 3rd person plural future perfect verb for "to throw" when I was little. I still use it some. :P

Why people think my name is about cutting up ice cubes is beyond me. O_o
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

You know what I just realized? mothy claimed a null track on AGar.

^^;
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Gammagooey wrote:SSK still isn't around so I'm gonna go ahead and post this, I don't see anything SSK said he would object to other people seeing anyway.

This is probably longer than the scum quicktopic by the way, I kinda spammed it up with messing with things a lot to try and maximize interest and talking to Vi about off-topic stuff.
Seraph Laaaaaand-http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/2BRGEtNair48V
It's longer than the scum QT, yes. However, our control panel is longer than the two combined :eek:

Also I had to laugh when you were stalking the thread around the CKD kill. We were doing the same :twisted:
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 am

Post by mothrax »

I agree with not maximizing the qt... It pissed me off a bit... Sp was In and out and agar likes flying solo... Most of the talk that did happen was after my lynch too...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”