NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Show me where Dana said "I'm experienced, listen to me"
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Dana wrote:I have played with him [UA] before
No, you joined after I began my hiatus of all games outside of Mish Mash
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 am

Post by JDodge »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Show me where Dana said "I'm experienced, listen to me"
The entirety of his argument
was
his experience, and specifically the implication that his experience made other people's opinions at the time worthless (nobody as experienced as me would really suspect etc etc etc).

I'm still aghast at the fact that nobody seems to care about his latest "It's obvious Prozac just wants me lynched :(" post in favor of his earlier weak arguments that lead to said post.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Xite91 »

danakillsu wrote:Well it's funny to see the reactions I got from pretending I knew UA was scum. I have played with him before, I believe. At any rate, no one as experienced as me would really pretend that they knew someone was scum in the RVS. And the fact that it's tradition to start with a bandwagon on UA should make my actions even less remarkable. Anyway, I'm glad I make it worth it to you, UA.
unvote
Good to see some discussion starting.
You know, I saw this list of rules once that had something that relates directly to this, lemme see if I can find it

Oh, here it is
Caenus wrote: As an addendum to this list of rules, I'd like to walk you through a few things from that wonderful repository of knowledge, Cracked.com.

You are not some evil genius, criminal mastermind, or master debater.  That honor belongs to me.  Although, I'll let morgul have the title of Mas. Debater.  :blink:
You can check out the full list here

danakillsu wrote:Whatever. Wagon me. Don't care. You'll probably realize it's pointless eventually, because I know the people here in general are smart enough to see through your lies. It's obvious Poro just wants me lynched, because all he's done is say my post is BS without saying why or how that makes me scum. I'm not going to stoop to the level of "no, it's not". The truth of that post is for me to know, and for you to guess. Poro is guessing.
AtE

danakillsu wrote:@JDodge
It's nice to see your hypocrisy right off the bat. Your mindless bandwagoning is no better than Benmage's. You provided a little "reasoning" meant to make it look somewhat less mindless, but all it was was a statement with nothing to back it. You simply said that my postulation that no one as experienced as I am would do such a thing (which is obviously true) was "BS" without explaining why, which is EXACTLY what Poro said. So you both are doing the same thing, and pointing fingers at each other while doing it.
More AtE
Also, no explanation is really needed, but in case you needed it, go check out that quote from the other site I put up.

But I can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing from dana, so
FoS Jdodge and dana

Will be voting dana as soon as I see the votecount (don't want to get anywhere near L-1/hammer without a LOT more conversation)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I saw that as him using the scotsman to cover his tracks, not asserting his experience over others. The reason no one cares about his latest is because you've (quite loudly) been attacking the weaker arguments first. However, now that that hasn't panned out like you wanted it to, you may turn everyone's attention to the prozac attack
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 am

Post by JDodge »

Xite wrote:But I can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing from dana, so
Do you have anything tangible, or just a feeling?
UA wrote:However, now that that hasn't panned out like you wanted it to
Really? I'd say it panned out just fine.
UA wrote:I saw that as him using the scotsman to cover his tracks, not asserting his experience over others.
One depends on the other,
hint hint
stream

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

"Depends on the other" isnt the same thing as "leads to the other"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

danakillsu wrote:
vote: UA

Something's really not right there. Either he and Shanba communicated outside this thread or UA is just doing what Shanba wants him to. Either way, it deserves explanation.
So in this post your jumping too conclusions. Ridiculous conclusions. JDodge stated it already, why would they conspire to vote one of them? It's some dastardly plan maybe as a sequel they might form a suicide cult and jump off buildings together, or maybe they could play the "see how much Carbon Monoxide we can get into our lungs game... It doesn't take much to realise that maybe, just maybe there is some other reason. Like maybe look at his title?
danakillsu wrote:Well it's funny to see the reactions I got from pretending I knew UA was scum. I have played with him before, I believe. At any rate, no one as experienced as me would really pretend that they knew someone was scum in the RVS. And the fact that it's tradition to start with a bandwagon on UA should make my actions even less remarkable. Anyway, I'm glad I make it worth it to you, UA.
unvote
Good to see some discussion starting.
Well first, you didn't know anything. If you "knew" something then you would be scum at this stage of the game. You are bigging up your experience yet you have been caught out on page 4, especially as your join date is after UA stopped playing. You have been caught on page 4, and really, you shouldn't be bigging up your so called experience when september 2007, december 2008, may 2005, march 2007 glaring at you. It's laughable. The next line doesn't make any sense, if you know how UA plays, why wouldn't have brought attention to it, like you did, if you didn't then maybe you would react like the first quote. Which means bringing unnecessary attention to yourself, the fact you then try to deny this doesn't make any sense at all. So your speaking absolute bullshit. Nothing about your actions scream you knew what you were talking about. You have tried to make yourself look like you knew what you were doing but there is no discernible sense behind your motives. You need to choose the style your going to play and stick to it because currently you are all over the place.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Furcolow »

Reasoning: JDodge, imo, efficiently ended the RVS through explanation of UA's insane play. It was a nice post, not great, but nice.
Dana follows with a TERRIBLY scummy post, which is way too defensive for the point of the game we were at, and then digs his hole deeper by OMGUS on Shanba when Shanba voted him for that scummy post. Dana was thinking we were still in the RVS, when, in fact, we weren't.

unvote: wickedest
vote: danakillsu

I'm still catching up, but there is no way I'm changing my vote.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 am

Post by JDodge »

Furcolow wrote:Reasoning: JDodge, imo, efficiently ended the RVS through explanation of UA's insane play. It was a nice post, not great, but nice.
Dana follows with a TERRIBLY scummy post, which is way too defensive for the point of the game we were at, and then digs his hole deeper by OMGUS on Shanba when Shanba voted him for that scummy post. Dana was thinking we were still in the RVS, when, in fact, we weren't.

OK.

If you thought that dana thought we were still random voting, how does him voting Shanba mean anything whatsoever?

People who say "there's no way I'm changing my vote" scare the hell out of me. There is no reason at any point to not want to be flexible to whom we lynch on any given day.
stream

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Furcolow »

danakillsu wrote:Whatever. Wagon me. Don't care. You'll probably realize it's pointless eventually, because I know the people here in general are smart enough to see through your lies. It's obvious Poro just wants me lynched, because all he's done is say my post is BS without saying why or how that makes me scum. I'm not going to stoop to the level of "no, it's not". The truth of that post is for me to know, and for you to guess. Poro is guessing.
If he's guessing, why did I feel the EXACT same thing? I'm a relatively new player, too. I haven't been playing but for about half a year on and off site, and I picked up on that being a scum slip. Do I need terminology to appease you? No. You can cry about it when we lynch you.
danakillsu wrote:@JDodge
It's nice to see your hypocrisy right off the bat. Your mindless bandwagoning is no better than Benmage's. You provided a little "reasoning" meant to make it look somewhat less mindless, but all it was was a statement with nothing to back it. You simply said that my postulation that no one as experienced as I am would do such a thing (which is obviously true) was "BS" without explaining why, which is EXACTLY what Poro said. So you both are doing the same thing, and pointing fingers at each other while doing it.
This is almost ad hom at the start with that "mindless bandwagon" comment to me. Then a personal shot at Benmage too, which is scum trying to incur the town into a town on town fight imo. I would like to detract from your saying jdodge is "mindlessly bandwagoning", when he is the one who made you slip up in the first place.

I would like to be the first to thank Jdodge for turning the game into a more serious stage, and in doing so, catching a scum. Good job.
JDodge wrote: So basically you're saying that you're not planning on telling us the truth behind what you're posting, leaving us to guess, which makes you completely and utterly useless to the town. We've caught someone on page 4, team! Good job!

Any questions?
Hi-five, or low-five? Imma go low (it's in my last name) you go high, ok?
:)

Lots of quibbling going on on page 4. Feels like scum is in there. Probably is that UA is scum. He has been trying to take away from JDodge's scumhunting from page 2 or so.
WHAM. Confirmed my suspicions. IMMEDIATELY ON PAGE 5, TOO. LOL
I'm good.
There's scum #2, you're welcome town.
FoS
: UA
UltimaAvalon wrote:I saw that as him using the scotsman to cover his tracks, not asserting his experience over others. The reason no one cares about his latest is because you've (quite loudly) been attacking the weaker arguments first. However, now that that hasn't panned out like you wanted it to, you may turn everyone's attention to the prozac attack
Our plan: I say we lynch dana, and if he's mafia, we decide between UA and BenMage.
UltimaAvalon wrote:"Depends on the other" isnt the same thing as "leads to the other"
Fairly certain Dana being scum would lead to you being scum.
JDodge wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Reasoning: JDodge, imo, efficiently ended the RVS through explanation of UA's insane play. It was a nice post, not great, but nice.

OK.

If you thought that dana thought we were still random voting, how does him voting Shanba mean anything whatsoever?

People who say "there's no way I'm changing my vote" scare the hell out of me. There is no reason at any point to not want to be flexible to whom we lynch on any given day.
Him voting shanba doesn't mean anything whatsoever other than he didn't pick up on the fact that the case on him was VERY serious based on that post he made.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Furcolow wrote:
WHAM. Confirmed my suspicions. IMMEDIATELY ON PAGE 5, TOO. LOL
I'm good.
There's scum #2, you're welcome town.
FoS
: UA
Really? Me arguing with JD means I'm Scum? Even though that was a damned good argument that he didn't really answer? That's funny.

Why are we thanking you? All you did was point it out, JDodge and I did all the work. No, you're not good
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Furcolow »

they'll be thanking me when you flip mafia, idiot
learn to read
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Furcolow »

Also, if you use strawman again, whether on purpose or not, i'm going to change my vote to you immediately
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

And, in case you're an idiot, i'll clarify:
I meant your buddying and protecting of dana as him being a more inexperienced scum partner of yours is obvious
sorry, bro, but your dying meets my win condition as town
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

Post by danakillsu »

Well it's hard to deal with everything at once, so if I leave something out, just let me know. It is really strange that everyone felt my saying "no one of my experience etc." meant that I thought everyone should listen to me, or I was smarter, or something. All I was saying was that it would be a total newb mistake to try and pretend that they had caught scum that early. I'm even more surprised that no one could see the lack of total seriousness in my original post about UA. Furcolow calls something I've done a scumslip, though I don't think he means that and don't know what he's talking about. Everyone feels that my saying Poro is guessing means that he's right somehow, when all it means was that I wasn't going to bother to spell out the fact that he was incorrect. Now I have to do that because everyone's trying to turn every word I say into a scumtell.
@xite
Sorry, but the "Winning by Losing" thing doesn't apply in the least. You notice how I never said that anything was a master plan of mine to watch others scumslip? You notice how I never said that UA's reaction to my vote was exactly what I was looking for? You notice how I've never tried in the least to use ANYTHING in this entire situation to my advantage? You have now.
And finally, I was clearly not certain that I had played with UA before, since I said "I believe". I did believe it, but was not sure, and it was not true. Big deal.
unvote

We are out of the RVS, and I need to do some scumhunting of my own.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Furcolow »

I also said that "Do I need terminology to appease you? No." You slipped up as scum. UA just actually did something that has a term, though, and he's been defending you. I do not feel it is town getting buddied by scum, either. I feel like you're both scum, and I'm keeping that stance unless an investigative role proves otherwise on one of you that we don't lynch.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Furcolow »

We are out of the RVS, and I need to do some scumhunting of my own.
Yeah, I know the first place you should check... You know where it is?
Your quicktime
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:29 am

Post by danakillsu »

vote: Furcolow

Didn't take long to do that scumhunting. He contradicts himself twice. First he says he's not switching his vote, then threatens to do so. Second, he calls UA an idiot, then says "in case your an idiot" like he's not an idiot. And finally, he says UA has been buddying me, which could not be farther from the truth.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:30 am

Post by danakillsu »

My...quicktime??? What is that, exactly? Please give examples of UA buddying me. And I do mean examples, plural.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Furcolow »

blatant OMGUS = case closed
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:32 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ Furcolow
So if I voted for any of the ten (give or take) people on my wagon, I would be confirmed scum? That's stupid. I didn't vote seriously for any of the first eight!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

Dana's not really getting any better and Franks splaffing everywhere without making any sense whatsoever.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Oh, no, I agree, we should def lynch Dana before those who might also be scum have a chance to post. Good call.
two spots. there you go dani.

You're voting me because I am pushing you AND your scumbuddy.

@Porochaz, I'll spell it out for you:

Day 1: We lynch dana
Night 1: The rest of Dana's scumteam try to kill someone
Day 2: We pressure UA/Benmage, as one of them is probably scum with dana
Night 2: hopefully we have 2 scum already lynched
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Wraith »

Prozac, JDodge, and Furcolow make excellent cases against UA and dana especially. While I'm not totally sure about UA due to his playstyle, that last OMGUS vote sealed the deal for me against dana. However, I think we should prevent a hammer before we get enough discussion, and I'm putting it out there now that I will unvote to prevent L-1 if it comes too early for my tastes.
Vote: danakillsu

Mod, votecount please.

I'll also comment on hiphop's activity during the RVS, which I think was just a random wagon to garner reactions from anyone who jumped aboard. He can't have anything actually against me considering I've never played with him and this is my first post here.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”