XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 am

Post by XScorpion »

Sawyer wrote:
charter wrote:Why did none of you comment on how Robocopter voted himself?
Better question: Why would I?
This.

Also Kirby: did you actually get told you were a dayvig, or were you just joking? (serious question)
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I thought it was pretty obv he was joking.

But if it makes everyone settle down, then let him answer.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Zang »

Robo wrote:ok, looking at the cc's. I think snap and toucan sam are most likely to be scum. What do you guys think?
Trix, lucky and sonny.
Kirby wrote:Also, 

Daykill: charter

Last time I played with you was Second String Muppets. You were so confusing...
You just attempted to daykill someone in RVS who hasn't posted (besides confirmation) based completely on meta. That is incredibly scummy. But i agree that scum probably wouldnt have a daykill.
charter wrote:SSBF, xvart, Xscorpion, hiphop, Kirbyoshi, and Sawyer. Why did none of you comment on how Robocopter voted himself?

Robocopter, why shouldn't we lynch you right now?
Voting for yourself in RVS isnt scummy.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:24 am

Post by jenniwren »

Gentlemen, I think everyone is missing the underlying point of Kirby's (Toucan Sam) "daykill"...it's
so
obvious that the imperialist British bird just wanted to take a pot shot at the subjugated Irish leprechaun, amirite? xo, Sugarbear

Seriously, though. It's still early in the game and discussion is really just starting now (thanks for that, Kirby).

That being said...
I think Kirby is joking, much like Robo was joking.

Xvart's rationale for why he wouldn't vote Kirby if Charter DID die is sound if not a little reductive. However, I think his declaration that he would be voting Kirby if Charter didn't die is a just a knee-jerk overreaction. Kirby could have been joking, but if he weren't, there are still multiple reasons the kill might have failed, and I agree that it's probably not a good idea at this time to privilege one of those potential reasons over another as Xvart did; nevertheless, despite his earnestness in this discussion, he backed off a bit after the flavor scene was added. That reinforces the idea that his initial reaction to the action in question was more knee-jerk than scumtell. Charter did something similar--calling for a lynch--in reaction to Robo's self-vote (post #38), and that action has not garnered quite so much discussion as Xvart's threat to vote.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 am

Post by xvart »

Super Smash Bros. Fan, 48 wrote:However, xvart's reaction in particular bothers me. Usually, I consider people overreacting to fake daykill attempt a null tell, as it is common for people to overreact to them. However, I make an exception to this rule with xvart's comment regarding the fake daykill attempt. I find the below quote scummy:
xvart wrote:I will be voting you after the next votecount if charter does not die.
When you go as far as to say you'll vote him after the next votecount if a person doesn't die due to a fake daykill atttempt, this is not something I like. I don't see how an obviously fake daykill attempt is scummy at all, let alone worthy of a vote. I will be keeping a close eye on you throughout this game.
My point was that there is zero town motivation to fake a daykill in the confirmation stage of the game. If it is, indeed, a fake daykill it was poorly orchestrated and even more poorly executed. The point of a fake daykill is to get a reaction from the person being "killed" and hopefully get him/her to confess or spill additional information. On the other hand, now scum do fake day kills to score town points because of the original nature of the gambit. When I saw the daykill the thing that first came to mind, given the context and timing was an overeager, poor planning scum member saying "
I did the fake daykill gambit. Look how town I am
" since I can't think of any other reason for a town member to do it (well actually I can think of one but it still would have garnered a similar action by me, and I'll reveal that after we hear from hiphop).
Sawyer, 49 wrote:But if he couldn't really daykill, there would have been nothing to gain as no one would have died.
As scum, he could have thought he was gaining town points.

Sawyer, 49 wrote:Basically what I'm saying is, if Kirby was attempting a gambit, he would've been found out right away and it most likely would've only hurt him. So I see no reason to think someone would even attempt that gambit right now, let alone when it would likely only have negative effects toward him.
Exactly. If it was a gambit, it did hurt him. Can you think of any reason a pro-town member would fake daykill on the second page during the confirmation stage? Since I really can't, that means if the daykill was fake, it is more likely to be scum motivated.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

charter wrote:Why did none of you comment on how Robocopter voted himself?
Because, in my one-game experience with Robo, he's somewhat of a VI. He does dumb stuff like that. It's null.
xvart wrote:Was charter scum in the game where he was "so confusing"?
No. He was town PGO, I believe.
xvart wrote:Did his confusion cost you the game?
I'll admit, it wasn't charter by himself. It was the combination of everyone, including a pretty good scumteam.
xvart wrote:I will be voting you after the next votecount if charter does not die.
I look forward to that (not really).
bouncy.bouncy wrote:Toucan Sam quickly pulls out his gun and points it at Lucky.

BANG!

The shot hits the leprechaun right in the forehead.

Too bad Sam's ammo was a little different. This shot bounces right off of Lucky. It was a Froot Loop. A blue one.
I lol'd.
Sawyer wrote:Kirby, do you have any ideas as to why the kill didn't work?
You cannot be serious. It was a joke.
I am not a dayvig. Or, if I am, the ability is used through PM, not in-thread.
Hope that clears things up :rolleyes:
SSBF, in response to Robo, wrote:As if xvart didn't just jump to the conclusion that Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt = vote if it didn't work?
Agree. @Robo, why did you not mention xvart in your list of players who are "too jumpy"?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Xscorp wrote:Also Kirby: did you actually get told you were a dayvig, or were you just joking? (serious question)
I will neither confirm nor deny, but I will say that if I am, I kill by PM, not in-thread. The in-thread was just a joke.
jenni wrote:Gentlemen, I think everyone is missing the underlying point of Kirby's (Toucan Sam) "daykill"...it's so obvious that the imperialist British bird just wanted to take a pot shot at the subjugated Irish leprechaun, amirite?
This. +1 town point for discerning the real reason.
jenni wrote:It's still early in the game and discussion is really just starting now (thanks for that, Kirby).
I assume you're serious, so you're welcome. That is the benefit of doing stuff like that, it gets people thinking about whether or not I was serious.
xvart wrote:Can you think of any reason a pro-town member would fake daykill on the second page during the confirmation stage? Since I really can't, that means if the daykill was fake, it is more likely to be scum motivated.
Why are you so narrow-minded?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 am

Post by SpyreX »

Welp,

Charter is town.

Lol, reactions is still stupid though.

ON THE PLUS SIDE:

Given a smalltown setup and there's really actual role to scum speculation going on? Seriously?

However:

Vote: Zang

One does not get to swim in the sewage that is that discussion, give a response, and then opt to not vote. No sir
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 am

Post by XScorpion »

Also I just noticed Robocopter unvoted himself. That's scummy.
MORE ROBO VOTES PLEASE
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Um, ok Xscorp, you do that.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 am

Post by XScorpion »

I SURE WILL, SCUM!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I played along with it before, XScorp. But I'm being a little more serious now. So make a decent case on me, or stop fluffing.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by XScorpion »

But I'm being a little more serious now.
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

>.>

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

XScorpion wrote:Also Kirby: did you actually get told you were a dayvig, or were you just joking? (serious question)
Sounds a bit like rolefishing here. Why are you asking Kirbyoshi if he was a dayvig or not?
Zang wrote:Voting for yourself in RVS isnt scummy.
Congratulation on the first quote that shamelessly parrots other people opinions. *sarcasm*
Going back to xvart's statement:
The votecount has already come by, charter is still alive, and you've made three posts so far after that votecount. Yet no vote on Kirbyoshi coming from you. Pretty interested in why you're still holding your vote, especially after you've explained a few times why you found Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt scummy.

Regarding xvart's response to me:
If Kirbyoshi is town, I can see town motivation for the fake daykill attempt. He probably would have done it to spark reactions and get discussion going. Because after all, discussion is pro-town and that's how we catch scum. Then again, I have only seen this happen once before and it's in an ongoing game and that person hasn't flipped yet, so I can't reveal any more details about it and that I don't have much experience with fake daykills attempt.

But your response to me seems town enough. Granted, I don't agree with the suspicion on Kirbyoshi yet, but I can understand why you would think this way.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

Sounds a bit like rolefishing here. Why are you asking Kirbyoshi if he was a dayvig or not?
Because I wanted to know if Kirby was actually told by the mod "you are a dayvig." If he was, then he's pretty obv. town.

Although in that case, it would have been nice to know before the mod posted the flavour.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
Robocopter87 (2) hiphop, Xscorpion
Xscorpion (2) Super Smash Bros. Fan, charter
Super Smash Bros. Fan (1) Kirbyoshi
xvart (1) Sawyer
Zang (1) SpyreX

I will try to link latest vote count in OP from now on.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:36 am

Post by charter »

Guys, I am 99% sure that XScorpion is scum. I've already identified three townies. The rest of you are making this very difficult to figure out who his buddies are (except Sawyer, who is making it very easy to see he is scum).

Actually, it's probably SSBF with his whole "There is definently an overreaction to Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt. I knew this wasn't serious, so I saw no point in making a negative reaction to it." speech.

XScorpion, Sawyer, and SSBF, what is your opinion of the other two?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by XScorpion »

Sawyer is a little hasty to call Kirby town, but I like him otherwise.
SSBF is behaving consistently with his town meta, but I don't know his scum meta.
So...why are you 99% sure I'm scum? Also why aren't you voting Robo?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 am

Post by charter »

MOD, can we get a list of players not voting in the votecounts as well, please?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:02 am

Post by charter »

XScorpion wrote:Sawyer is a little hasty to call Kirby town, but I like him otherwise.
SSBF is behaving consistently with his town meta, but I don't know his scum meta.
So...why are you 99% sure I'm scum? Also why aren't you voting Robo?
Your whole "vote Robo and see what happens idea" is inherently scummy in nature, and as such, I believe (quite strongly by this point) that you are scum. Scum "wait and see what happens" whereas townies "make stuff happen". Plus, your timing of it was bad, how you posted some, then did some RVSing. Then, the degree that you're pushing the idea (of which nobody seems to have much interest in following) I find pretty bad.

What about Sawyer do you like? His active lurking, his deflecting questions, his poor voting, or something else?
How is SSBF behaving consistent with his town meta? You didn't really give an opinion on him, I would still like one.

I'm not voting Robo because I don't think he's scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

Post by charter »

You can add rolefishing to reasons I think you're scum as well.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 am

Post by XScorpion »

Are you another one of those people who think RVS is where you look for actual clues to scum?
God those people are annoying.

About Sawyer: What questions is he deflecting? How is he lurking any more than say, Zang? Why is his vote bad?
SSBF is town because he is one of those people who actually notices things that are scummy and not stupid (e.g. "omg XScorpion must be scum because he suggested people start a wagon OMFGSCUMMY"). Your parroting of his rolefishing argument is noted.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

XScorpion wrote:Because I wanted to know if Kirby was actually told by the mod "you are a dayvig." If he was, then he's pretty obv. town.

Although in that case, it would have been nice to know before the mod posted the flavour.
We don't need to know Kirbyoshi's role now. Yes him saying that he was a dayvig and then proving his role would make him a confirmed townie (Unless the mod decided to be bastardly and give him an anti-town alignment), but that would also make him an obvious target for a NK. Had he answered your question, if he had answered "yes", he would likely face a NK. If he had answered "no", that just give scums one less possibility of a role that they have to speculate about and helps narrow down what role they are.

Only under rare circumstances should people claim outside of L-1 with threat of a lynch or during mass claim. This isn't one of those exceptions.
charter wrote:Actually, it's probably SSBF with his whole "There is definently an overreaction to Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt. I knew this wasn't serious, so I saw no point in making a negative reaction to it." speech.
Not seeing how that's enough to make me a worthy lynch candidate. I don't see how that makes Kirbyoshi scummy, let alone worthy of a vote. Sure I can understand xvart's reason, but I'm still not convinced that Kirbyoshi is scummy. If Kirbyoshi was serious about daykilling someone, he would have done it later in the game and someone he's convinced that person is scum. As a result, as I think it's a null/slight town tell, I will not fake a negative reaction just to blend in the crowd.
charter wrote:XScorpion, Sawyer, and SSBF, what is your opinion of the other two?
XScorpion: I find him slightly scummy. He's not 99% scum to me, but based off what we have, the best lynch. I agree that the role fishing is scummy and already explained why. When asked by Robocopter87 to explain why he's suspicious, XScorpion danced around that using RVS comments.

Sawyer: I agree that #2 is deflecting your question. However, judging by his last post, I disagree that he's entirely active lurking in this game. So I have a null read on him.
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Sawyer »

@charter: Scorpion might've been rolefishing like SSBF said because Xscorpion should've made his own assumption of if Kirby was serious, not outright asking if his role PM said so. SSBF is making good posts with the right questions and comments, IMO. But none of that is saying much since it's only page 3.
xvart wrote:Exactly. If it was a gambit, it did hurt him. Can you think of any reason a pro-town member would fake daykill on the second page during the confirmation stage? Since I really can't, that means if the daykill was fake, it is more likely to be scum motivated.
Considering how I explain why scum wouldn't fake daykill, I don't need a town motivation.
Kirby wrote:You cannot be serious. It was a joke. I am not a dayvig. Or, if I am, the ability is used through PM, not in-thread. Hope that clears things up :rolleyes:
I have seen legit DayKills made in thread like you did and since the mod acknowledged it, I saw no reason not to believe you really tried. And your reasons to kill charter are very real :P
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”