Mini 1029: Boondox Mafia (GAME OVER!!!! )

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: mysterio

i believe he may be scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

in case you're wondering, it's a math thing.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:30 am

Post by FakeGod »

don_johnson wrote:in case you're wondering, it's a
math
meth thing.
fixed~ :)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

el simo wrote:
Skill006 wrote:But I'll
vote: el simo
instead, because he doesn't seem to want to take any sort of stance, and he hasn't really voted anyone yet (sorry, wouldn't call an 'everyone else vote' a vote XD).
I think I have taken a stance and I think you quoted it in that post. I just don't think anything is worth my vote yet.

As for my bandwagon, I think it is highly likely that we will find scum in it. I think it would be very easy for something to happen where someone might have thrown the hammer, poor Skill here just thought he did when he didn't, which shows just how easy it is to get the votes confused. I think had I been lynched chances are it would've been an accident and scum (who were on the wagon) would have come out the next day to push a mislynch on who ever hammered.

There is no way to prove this, how ever, but I think it is the likely situation. I don't see 6 townies wanting to put someone at L-1 in RVS.
Yeah, but if you take any random group of 6 people, we are likely to find scum in it. Until we get flips, selectively scum-hunting is not helpful. We should only be looking for the scummiest player, not the scummiest because there were on a wagon on page 3.
Raivann wrote:@Kage- Not funny. I like your post though. I'm taking you and cloudocean of my scumlist and adding mongoose.

One of Mysterio & mongoose are scum, maybe both.

unvote, Vote:Mysterio
I don't think I've ever been accused of trying to hard to look townie.
You make this post a few after mongoose votes you. Seems like a hidden form of OMGUS where you vote someone else, but still call the player who voted you scummy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

Post by danakillsu »

Bunnylover and cloudocean will be prodded in about 24 hours if they have not posted by then.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

Post by el simo »

Scott Brosius wrote:
el simo wrote:
Skill006 wrote:But I'll
instead, because he doesn't seem to want to take any sort of stance, and he hasn't really voted anyone yet (sorry, wouldn't call an 'everyone else vote' a vote XD).
I think I have taken a stance and I think you quoted it in that post. I just don't think anything is worth my vote yet.

As for my bandwagon, I think it is highly likely that we will find scum in it. I think it would be very easy for something to happen where someone might have thrown the hammer, poor Skill here just thought he did when he didn't, which shows just how easy it is to get the votes confused. I think had I been lynched chances are it would've been an accident and scum (who were on the wagon) would have come out the next day to push a mislynch on who ever hammered.

There is no way to prove this, how ever, but I think it is the likely situation. I don't see 6 townies wanting to put someone at L-1 in RVS.
Yeah, but if you take any random group of 6 people, we are likely to find scum in it. Until we get flips, selectively scum-hunting is not helpful. We should only be looking for the scummiest player, not the scummiest because there were on a wagon on page 3.
This is a fair point.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Apologize for not posting, been under the weather.
@don_johnson: Explain your math process to vote against Mysterio.

Also it may be unsafe to assume someone on the bandwagon against el_simo is mafia. I don't think mafia would have joined a bandwagon so early on and may even try and lead us down the wrong path to focus on the bandwagon list while they are actually getting people to lynch the wrong ones.
But then again mafia could be stupid. I tend to think mafia are very intelligent, so I may be giving them too much credit.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Bunnylover wrote:
Also it may be unsafe to assume someone on the bandwagon against el_simo is mafia. I don't think mafia would have joined a bandwagon so early on and may even try and lead us down the wrong path to focus on the bandwagon list while they are actually getting people to lynch the wrong ones.
But then again mafia could be stupid. I tend to think mafia are very intelligent, so I may be giving them too much credit.
All of this is WIFOM and distracting. Also the thought that "mafia are intelligent" needs to be thrown out the window. I have seen an increasing use of the "too scummy to be scum" defense for scummy players. Very few people are expert at this game, and people make mistakes.

I'm keeping my vote where it is, but watching Bunny and Raiv.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Skill006 »

dana-kills-you wrote:Yes, of course. How could I miss that one word in the corner?
Sorry, I'll try and make my votes a little more conspicuos :)
Scott Brosius wrote:All of this is WIFOM and distracting. Also the thought that "mafia are intelligent" needs to be thrown out the window. I have seen an increasing use of the "too scummy to be scum" defense for scummy players. Very few people are expert at this game, and people make mistakes.
Totally agree with this. But...why do you find bunnylover suspicious again?
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:
All of this is WIFOM and distracting. Also the thought that "mafia are intelligent" needs to be thrown out the window. I have seen an increasing use of the "too scummy to be scum" defense for scummy players. Very few people are expert at this game, and people make mistakes.

I'm keeping my vote where it is, but watching Bunny and Raiv.
I apologize.
I do the WIFOM a lot, because I always second guess myself, but I'm always aware of each option in front of me, and want to make sure the town is open to that.
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Bunny, do you agree with Scott?
el simo wrote:This is a fair point.
Lacking a vote or even a FoS. We're not playing a game of 'pussy,' backing up your words might serve you well.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Agree with it been distracting somewhat.
Their are some parts were I didn't have to post, it doesn't mean anything so yeah some of it is distracting.
But like I said I like everyone to be aware of each option the town can take.
Show
I have played 25 games:

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Jase »

So bunny. Do you have any suspicions right now. So far you've been very very passive, and you haven't been going anywhere with the questions you've been asking. I've got to admit that it looks like you're just trying to look busy, but not really contributing. Scummy.

Scummy enough for me to
Vote: Bunnylover
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by el simo »

cloudocean wrote:Bunny, do you agree with Scott?
el simo wrote:This is a fair point.
Lacking a vote or even a FoS. We're not playing a game of 'pussy,' backing up your words might serve you well.
Hey guys check out this tough guy.

If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not playing pussy I'm playing smart. I had a theory, someone presented a sensible counter argument and I agreed with them. Another player even debunked it further. Clearly it was a no go.

Why try push me into a poor strategy, using an ad hominem to boot? Doesn't seem like sensible town play.

vote:
dumbarse
cloudocean
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Jase »

El Simo: Still, the lack of a vote up till now is a bit suspicious. I'm sure you could've at least placed a random vote. You seem to be to wary of using your vote.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Jase wrote:So bunny. Do you have any suspicions right now. So far you've been very very passive, and you haven't been going anywhere with the questions you've been asking. I've got to admit that it looks like you're just trying to look busy, but not really contributing. Scummy.

Scummy enough for me to
Vote: Bunnylover
Well I questioned Don_Johnson, but he hasn't been online to my knowledge to answer that question.
I'm suspicious of Raivann. I mean this player comes right off the back and already gives a list of who is town, who is mafia, and who is null. A little too early in the game to tell who is who even for an greatly experience player.
Show
I have played 25 games:

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Jase »

Bunny: So then why aren't you voting him, or at least pursuing him in some way?
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Jase wrote:Bunny: So then why aren't you voting him, or at least pursuing him in some way?
I usually don't vote until I can back it up or another player has built a solid case on someone. I can't pursue what Rai said because he stated "its a vibe". How do I make a case against "a vibe". Their nothing I can argue against that.
Show
I have played 25 games:

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

math is what it is. i can't fully explain it, as i'd have to discuss ongoing games, but i'm pretty sure its about time for mysterio to be scum. that said, i am beginning to think el simo may be scum as well.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Votecount 1.3
Raivann (3)- KageLord, Mysterio, mongoose
Mysterio (2)- Raivann, don_johnson
el simo (2)- FakeGod, cloudocean
KageLord (1)- Scott Brosius
Bunnylover (1)- Jase
cloudocean (1)- el simo

Not Voting (2)- Bunnylover, Skill006

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch, 6 to no lynch.
I have noticed that many of you have not been unvoting when changing votes. If this persists, I will have to ignore your votes.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by cloudocean »

el simo wrote:Hey guys check out this tough guy.

If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not playing pussy I'm playing smart. I had a theory, someone presented a sensible counter argument and I agreed with them. Another player even debunked it further. Clearly it was a no go.

Why try push me into a poor strategy, using an ad hominem to boot? Doesn't seem like sensible town play.

vote:
dumbarse
cloudocean
Love it when scum make this game easy for me. Classic textbook overreaction. Second sentence is ambiguous in regards to your alignment. I don't see any real content in your posts and judging from your super carefulness with your vote, doesn't look like you're interested in putting pressure on anyone.

Next couple of sentences give me information that I already know. After a second glance, my previous example isn't good, but the meaning still stands: you haven't backed up anything with a vote, nor taken a clear stance in this game. And no, voting everyone and then saying you don't have anything worth voting for is not taking a stance. Town gets information by exerting pressure through votes, asking questions, and prodding for answers.

Last bit is lolz, didn't realize I was pushing you into poor strategy by encouraging a more frequent use of the town's main weapon against scum.

That aside, Bunny, not being able to push against Rai's "vibes" doesn't stop you from asking him questions and improving on your read of him.

More later.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by el simo »

Jase wrote:El Simo: Still, the lack of a vote up till now is a bit suspicious. I'm sure you could've at least placed a random vote. You seem to be to wary of using your vote.
I saw nothing to vote over. And I did random vote. It wasn't for anybody but it was a vote and it was random.
cloudocean wrote:Love it when scum make this game easy for me. Classic textbook overreaction. Second sentence is ambiguous in regards to your alignment. I don't see any real content in your posts and judging from your super carefulness with your vote, doesn't look like you're interested in putting pressure on anyone.

Next couple of sentences give me information that I already know. After a second glance, my previous example isn't good, but the meaning still stands: you haven't backed up anything with a vote, nor taken a clear stance in this game. And no, voting everyone and then saying you don't have anything worth voting for is not taking a stance. Town gets information by exerting pressure through votes, asking questions, and prodding for answers.

Last bit is lolz, didn't realize I was pushing you into poor strategy by encouraging a more frequent use of the town's main weapon against scum.

That aside, Bunny, not being able to push against Rai's "vibes" doesn't stop you from asking him questions and improving on your read of him.

More later.
Please outline for the rest of the town just how I over reacted, other then the verbal in the post which was a direct response to your 'pussy' remark. Because the rest of it seems pretty logical to me.

And yes, you were, because you were specifically telling me to back my words up with a vote. To that point, my only real words had been about a poorly thought out strategy that we had already debunked. You were specifically pushing me to attacking people on my wagon, trying an attack on the person to give me extra incentive.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by KageLord »

don_johnson wrote:math is what it is. i can't fully explain it, as i'd have to discuss ongoing games, but i'm pretty sure its about time for mysterio to be scum. that said, i am beginning to think el simo may be scum as well.
I don't think this is a good approach. It sounds like you're guessing he will be scum by probability based on how many times he hasn't been scum recently. Is that what it is or is there some hidden alternative?

Bunny is playing weak and a bit scummy (mostly because of the weakness, as pointed out earlier), but not enough to make me shift my vote.

cloud vs. el simo does not seem to be helping anything here. A lot of the argument is subjective. For example, if ckd was here, he would freak out some and vote cloud on principle for talking about overreaction. After seeing him play, I consider it a null tell now.

FakeGod, Raivann, and mongoose, what are your thoughts about this last string of posts (cloud vs. el simo and the case on Bunny) and of the game at this point in general. Any change in your scum read(s) at this point?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Maybe if mysterio was posting more like the town I've known him to be, then I wouldn't think my math was so reliable.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by mongoose »

Well, I can understand cloud ocean's attack, but I can also understand el simo's defense. Honestly I think cloud ocean realized his lack of activity was suspicious and needed to make a vote and a case for it, so he jumped at the slightest scummy behavior. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the reads were right, and el simo was mafia. For now, I think both are null.
Go Hawkeyes!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”