miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Nexus »

Pretty sure I already explained it too. It looked like an OMGUS vote, a serious one. Then he explained himself, so I didn't bother putting it back on.
Trans rights are human rights.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:57 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Dr Pepper and Blaze have both been prodded.

Vote Count:

Dr Pepper (3) - Blaze, Zodiark13, podium123456
Nexus (2) - Untrod Tripod, edmund.angles
Untrod Tripod (2) - LynchMePls, Albert B. Rampage
podium123456 (1) - Dr Pepper

Not Voting:

Nexus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Day 1 Deadline:
3:30pm GMT - Thursday 9th September
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:20 am

Post by edmund.angles »

clarification on my position on scumbuddy speculation(requested by LynchMe):
If player A is acting strange towards player B, then it's a scumtell on player A but not on B.
With B there's a potential to misinterpret both A's alignment and A's intentions and that's just too uncertain IMO.
But if A is confirmed scum, then I'll look closer at B and vice versa.

@ABR: Please give reasons for your vote.

@Untrod Tripod: Your vote for Nexus was random, please place a real vote. And also happy scumday :D
@Nexus: Please place your vote.

Our votes are the only thing that will get the scum on edge- use them.

Mod: A prod for Blaze, please
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Nexus »

edmund.angles wrote:clarification on my position on scumbuddy speculation(requested by LynchMe):
If player A is acting strange towards player B, then it's a scumtell on player A but not on B.
With B there's a potential to misinterpret both A's alignment and A's intentions and that's just too uncertain IMO.
But if A is confirmed scum, then I'll look closer at B and vice versa.

@ABR: Please give reasons for your vote.

@Untrod Tripod: Your vote for Nexus was random, please place a real vote. And also happy scumday :D
@Nexus: Please place your vote.

Our votes are the only thing that will get the scum on edge- use them.

Mod: A prod for Blaze, please
Read the post above yours, he's prodded Blaze.

Why do I need to place a vote?
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

OK, you guys don't like my posting style. Here is a wall of text:

podium123456 has lied about statements I made. He has since recanted claiming it is not that serious ROFLcopter LOLerskates. And he complains that I am pushing to hard on Blaze's since it is day one. Well go read it again, I spent most of my time defending from podium's bullshit instead of pressuring Blaze. I was using a weak tell because it was so early in day one. Instead of letting a wagon get going, podium does his best to break it up, FAST.

And for those who cry about bullet points, I was trying to be brief. Walls of text hurt the town, so does quoting whole posts to respond to one point. podium has been creating some pretty large white noise. You guys must be able to see what's going on. Go back and read it again. The RVS ended when podium voted me.

Blaze needs to get his non-contributing ass in here. The only reason I can see podium defending Blaze so hard is trying to protect his scum-buddy. Seriously, it is very enlightening.

I am calling a podium123456 and Blaze scum-team.

BTW @ Mod: Please replace me. I will accept the ban/blacklist.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by podium123456 »

Dr Pepper wrote: podium123456 has lied about statements I made.

... this seems to be a pattern of yours. i have
repeatedly
asked you to show me the lies i have made. But you ignore my requests and keep repeating the accusation... and you accuse
me
of creating white noise? get real.

Besides the admitted mistake of assuming you meant scummy, when you meant anti-town... WHERE HAVE I LIED?

He has since recanted claiming it is not that serious
I haven't recanted anything. I said that at the time i first voted you, nexus and lmp's votes were scummier... but i wanted to see how you behaved under pressure. Your behavior has been more scummy than townie.

Instead of letting a wagon get going, podium does his best to break it up, FAST.
Yeah. Because it is pro-town to let someone get to L-1 on page 2 based off of a joke RVS vote. :roll:

Damn bro, you aint gotta run just cause you're taking some fire...
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Wow. Just wow. Seriously, he throws out comments like that then replaces out? Let's just lynch him and save both the mod of the trouble finding a replacement and said replacement the trouble of defending from such a terribad position.

BTW, note to self, add Dr P. to my own blacklist.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Nexus »

Zodiark13 wrote:
Wow. Just wow. Seriously, he throws out comments like that then replaces out? Let's just lynch him and save both the mod of the trouble finding a replacement and said replacement the trouble of defending from such a terribad position.

Is it bad I agree with this?
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Nexus wrote:
Zodiark13 wrote:

If getting rid of scum is bad, then yes.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Nexus »

Zodiark13 wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Zodiark13 wrote:

If getting rid of scum is bad, then yes.
Of course getting rid of scum isn't bad.

It's a bit of a dick move to replace out if your VT and your under this much pressure. It's pretty dickish to do it if you're scum, too.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Well... searching for a replacement for Dr Pepper then.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

Nexus wrote: Why do I need to place a vote?
IMO for two reasons. First of all, not having an active vote lets you coast through without really shoving your intentions. Secondly, votes are needed to make the discussion heated which leads to slips.
Zodiark wrote:Let's just lynch him and save both the mod of the trouble finding a replacement and said replacement the trouble of defending from such a terribad position.
I think this smells a little of scum looking for an easy lynch. And Nexus agreed with the statement (@Nexus: That was what you did, right?).

Dr. Pepper comes of as bad town to me, not anti-town.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by Nexus »

edmund.angles wrote:
Nexus wrote: Why do I need to place a vote?
IMO for two reasons. First of all, not having an active vote lets you coast through without really shoving your intentions. Secondly, votes are needed to make the discussion heated which leads to slips.
Zodiark wrote:Let's just lynch him and save both the mod of the trouble finding a replacement and said replacement the trouble of defending from such a terribad position.
I think this smells a little of scum looking for an easy lynch. And Nexus agreed with the statement (@Nexus: That was what you did, right?).

I think Dr. Pepper has put whoever replaces him in a harsh position, which makes life difficult for them, but eh. I already pointed out that I thought he was one of the scummier players (Post #71)

The two people I'm most suspicious of are Dr Pepper and Zodiark. Out of the two, I'd rather vote Dr. Pepper, because he's acted quite scummy, tunnelled podium's "lies" that didn't exist, then, when he took some heat, ragequit. That's why I'd vote for him. In fact, I will vote for him. He's acted scummy, and it's certainly anti-town even if it's not scummy.

VOTE: Dr. Pepper
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Nexus »

And yes, I know that puts him at L-1. But, instead of defending himself, unlike Blaze, he just ragequit.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

edmund.angles wrote:

Is wanting to get rid of such an anti-town player scummy? Seriously, he ragequits the second he get pressure on him. If thats not mega-obv scum right there, then I should stop playing right now, because if it this isn't a perfect(albeit a perfectly poor) example of scummy play, then I know nothing about scumhunting.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:53 am

Post by edmund.angles »

@Zodiark: I don't find it scummy that you want to lynch Dr. Pepper. I do find it scummy that you want to do it without replacement and roleclaim.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

edmund.angles wrote: @Untrod Tripod: Your vote for Nexus was random, please place a real vote. And also happy scumday :D
no
unvote Nexus

the only person I'm getting scummy twinges from is Dr Pepper, and I don't want him to get lynched just yet.
edmund.angles wrote: Our votes are the only thing that will get the scum on edge- use them.
I disagree. I think if you go through this game with the idea that you have to have your vote on someone at all times, your vote isn't worth as much. I don't think voting puts any pressure on people whatsoever unless they know that your vote carries actual weight. That's why RVS is not all that scary. If you get two or three votes on you during RVS, it's meaningless. People don't actually think you're scum, so you don't think that a vote = a desire to actually lynch that player. If you just use your vote to "apply pressure", then that player knows that when push comes to shove, you probably won't let them be lynched until they get a reason to think they're scum. Therefore, I don't use my vote on people who I'm not willing to lynch. I'm not willing to hammer Dr Pepper, and I'm not entirely convinced he's not just an overreacting townie. That being said, there are some things he said in his last post that really bug me.
Dr Pepper wrote:OK, you guys don't like my posting style. Here is a wall of text:
Not everyone dislikes your posting style in and of itself. In fact, I personally think that using bullet points is a great tool. However, you need to understand this: forum mafia is not just a logic game. You need to understand that at its heart, the objective is to convince people to do what you want. You cannot win over a crowd with bullet points. Considering that (especially at this stage of the game) mafia is largely based on things you can't prove, you need to think about convincing people rather than just stating your opinions. Have you ever tried to have a discussion with someone who doesn't argue, but instead just states their opinions and states that they think you're wrong? That person comes off as being inflexible, arrogant and incapable of open-minded thinking. I'm not saying that you're coming off as all of those things right now, but realize that it really helps your case when you actually talk to people, rather than just say "these are the things I think. This is why you're wrong". I don't think the issue is so much your points as how you're expressing them.
Dr Pepper wrote:podium123456 has lied about statements I made. He has since recanted claiming it is not that serious ROFLcopter LOLerskates. And he complains that I am pushing to hard on Blaze's since it is day one. Well go read it again, I spent most of my time defending from podium's bullshit instead of pressuring Blaze. I was using a weak tell because it was so early in day one. Instead of letting a wagon get going, podium does his best to break it up, FAST.
Yes. You are pushing too hard on Blaze. You swapped out your RV for a real vote for a really terrible reason. When people called you on it, you kept pushing. Podium was trying to break up the wagon (this is of course assuming he and Blaze aren't scumbuddies...which is just as likely as any two players in this game being scumbuddies imo)
Dr Pepper wrote:And for those who cry about bullet points, I was trying to be brief. Walls of text hurt the town, so does quoting whole posts to respond to one point. podium has been creating some pretty large white noise. You guys must be able to see what's going on. Go back and read it again. The RVS ended when podium voted me.
see above. Walls of text do NOT hurt the town. Stating your opinions and trying to convince people to follow you is how the game progresses. Coldly stating your opinions and refusing to try arguing for your opinions hurts the town. As I said, I think people are responding negatively to how you're playing, not just what you're saying. Being brief isn't a problem. Being snide is a problem. We see "what's going on", the question really is if YOU do.
Dr Pepper wrote:Blaze needs to get his non-contributing ass in here. The only reason I can see podium defending Blaze so hard is trying to protect his scum-buddy. Seriously, it is very enlightening.
Agree on the first point, disagree strongly on the second. What is podium is town and he thinks lynching Blaze will a. make us down a pro-town player b. not get us any possible reads on other players.

Dr Pepper wrote:
...why? Just people people are voting for you? Seriously, instead of running away from criticism, why don't you try to get people to agree with you? Convince them you're not scum. It would be INCREDIBLY UNFAIR for whoever replaces into your slot.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 am

Post by PranaDevil »

TDC replaces Dr Pepper

Vote Count:

TDC (4) - Blaze, Zodiark13, podium123456, Nexus
Nexus (2) - edmund.angles
Untrod Tripod (2) - LynchMePls, Albert B. Rampage
podium123456 (1) - TDC

Not Voting:

Untrod Tripod

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Day 1 Deadline:
3:30pm GMT - Thursday 9th September
Last edited by PranaDevil on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, vote Dr Pepper

Replacing out without a reason is always scummy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

edmund.angles wrote:@ABR: Please give reasons for your vote.
Proactively looking for tells with my vote
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

...did you really just hammer the replacement?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am

Post by PranaDevil »

As Dr Pepper is no longer in the game, the vote will not be counted for that player slot. TDC has replaced him as stated above.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Nexus »

Unvote

Not having the playerslot be hammered.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP: I was contemplating doing it anyway, and the fact that ABR just hammered, I thought I'd make sure the new player at least gets a chance to do something.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by podium123456 »

OK, i've gotten caught up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. P - sigh... don't really know what to do here. i have to admit that RQ'ing like that realllllly sounds like he is scum to me... if he was town and got lynched today, it wouldn't mean the game was over with at all... but if he is scum, it severely hampers their chances of winning.

also, his OMGUS was
really
textbook OMGUS... if you have played with me, you know that i dont regard OMGUS as much of a scumtell... but if there ever was a time for OMGUS to look scummy, this would have to be a case.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nexus wrote: To be fair, once I realised it was L-1, I wanted to at least give him a chance to explain himself, so got off it before he got quicklynched. If I was scum, I'd have left it on there, tbh.
That is a wifom argument, and doesnt really hold water.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Untrod Tripod wrote: A question to Nexus and LMP: why did you vote on the Blaze bandwagon?
Why in the world did you ask this?

They had specifically answered this... i think multiple times. Looks like you just asked a question to give the appearance that you are scumhunting.

LMP - If one of the votes on blaze was a scum vote, my gut says this is the one. but, it could mean nothing.

Albert - Not looking too good, imo.

Joins the UT 'wagon' without saying why, or ever haven mentioned suspicioun of UT. The ONLY thing that had been said about UT up to that point was LMP briefly mentioning that UT hadn't taken a firm stance yet.

Hammering Dr. P without getting a claim first is not a good move IMO... yet Albert did. A technicality prevents Dr. P from being lynched at the moment, but Albert showed his card already.

His input has been pretty lackluster so far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right now i guess i am most susp. of Albert and Dr. P. It's going to be hard for me to get away from the feeling that Dr. P is scum after his RQ... so i guess i will leave my vote in place for now.

TDC needs to claim, though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”