HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Dekes wrote:However, if the rest of you town is willing to lynch me based on that dubious claim, let me at least give my role out there before you bring me to the noose.
There's no reason not to give your full claim right away. Stalling = scum.

UNVOTE: Seraday
VOTE: Dekes
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Chess...I asked Vezo why he was willing to reveal Ethan's identity to the group at large if he thought he was the kid with the dog and not the villain. It's a legitimate question, not an attack.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

What is this chainsaw defence that you guys keep bringing up?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Jenni, that was at first he said...it looks like he started demanding a claim after he realized.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

EBWOP: I wasn't saying those 4 people were all equally scumalicious, btw, just that there were 4 posts in a short period of time that were critical of vezok.
Also curious wth a chainsaw defense is as well.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I saw season 1 in 2008 iirc.
I didn't remember Boone (he dies in season 2) so I checked the wiki. I saw some intresting facts there.
Claire doesn't appear in the first few episodes. She is a likely fake claim.
I checked my result also and apparently Ethan was the bad guy who gets killed by Ana Lucia iirc.
I wanted to reveal this because if he claimed something he could be scum. Wald gets taken by the others at the end of the season iirc. With his father. So I thought these two may be scum

Chainsaw defense is when you defend someone else without reason.
Like :
PlayerA : PlayerB is scummy.
PlayerC : No he is not.
This is a chainsaw defense.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok so Ethan gets killed in the face by Charlie.

Also, Claire is in the first effing episode.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by jenniwren »

vezokpiraka wrote:I saw season 1 in 2008 iirc.
I didn't remember Boone (he dies in season 2) so I checked the wiki. I saw some intresting facts there.
Claire doesn't appear in the first few episodes. She is a likely fake claim.
I checked my result also and apparently Ethan was the bad guy who gets killed by Ana Lucia iirc.
I wanted to reveal this because if he claimed something he could be scum. Wald gets taken by the others at the end of the season iirc. With his father. So I thought these two may be scum
You should double-check your wiki source. I don't know where you're looking up your information, but you might try this site for more reliable information about the show,
especially
if you are going to be making votes and other decisions based on what you read in the wiki. (This is for everyone who may not be familiar with the show. I don't know if you will need it, but just in case, here it is.) http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

For clarification:

Claire
is
there from the very beginning, in the pilot episode; she is a pregnant survivor of the plane crash. She's one of the first people Jack checks on after the crash. She spends most of season one being very pregnant and being a kidnap victim.

Ethan is the Other who is killed by a traumatized Charlie (not Ana Lucia), who shoots him to make sure he can never hurt anyone again. He's definitely a baddie. (Because Ethan kidnapped Claire, almost killed Charlie, and threatened to kill others.)

Walt is a child (with some psychic type powers), and the Others do kidnap him at gunpoint, but not his dad, and
everyone
is pretty much devastated when they find out. He's just a kid, not a villain (his dad ends up doing some crazy things, though).
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

and then Anna Lucia shoots Shannon in the heart and everyone applauds
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I checked lostpedia too.

I really forgot all about season 1.
The wiki said she is only in 18 episodes from 25.
I thought Ethan was the guy who got a spike through his chest.
At the end of season 1 when they are on a raft don't The Others take Wald and his father with them?

I don't remember anything from season 1 apparantly. I am bad with names.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Spike through chest is Goodwin, that's s2 on the other side of the island.
Yes they grab Walt off the boat, but just walt, not the dad.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Oh I see.
It's annoying to know what happens in the other seasons but everything that happens there is not related.
I think the scums are : Ethan, Black Smoke , Polar Bear. LOL.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Yep yep...Michael, Walt's dad, ends up with Ana Lucia and the Tailies, and then they cross the island and meet with everyone else. He goes looking for Walt on his own later, though. Then he comes back and shoots people and it's sad. I cried.
Daughter of the Forest
~
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I like how everyone dies in the end.
I wonder if we will find the hatch.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

^ Not everyone dies during the course of the show, silly.

Also who here would consider an insane/paranoid daycop to be bastardly? Especially in a mini game where 3 mislynches are generally all that's allowed.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 pm

HackerHuck wrote:
Dekes wrote:However, if the rest of you town is willing to lynch me based on that dubious claim, let me at least give my role out there before you bring me to the noose.
There's no reason not to give your full claim right away. Stalling = scum.

UNVOTE: Seraday
VOTE: Dekes
I actually agree with this though.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

They get in heaven. They are all dead.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:19 am

Lolwut? Everyone dies eventually so dur?. But they're not all dead on the island. Also Walt wasn't in their 'afterlife'.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Dekes »

BloodCovenent wrote:Whatever you say dekes. I follow a claim of you being ethan which makes sense as a scum role what else was i supposed to do, ignore it?
No, but you could question such a claim being made on page 3. Especially one with contradictions in it. On top of that he gets the most convinient result. Ethan is the
only
person in all of season 1 that can clearly be defined as evil (Smokey wasn't known at that point, the polar bear hardly counts and fake-bearded Tom only has a 5-minute appearance in S1). What a wonderful coincidence.
BloodCovenent wrote:You may call me opportunistic but it was no way opportunistic. I am, believe it or not rather good at keeping track of thresholds and if someone were to come in and vote quickly I would have unvoted to let the day evolve so that you had time to claim or rebuttal. No doubt I do agree that occasionally the third or fourth vote on a player can be opportunistic. However scum-bloodcovenent would blindly jump on a wagon as the late voter with no reasoning.
Well, I don't happen to have your scummeta on me. All I saw was you jumping on a wagon as a late voter with no reasoning...owait?
BloodCovenent wrote:Note that it doesn't make sense for Scum Vezo to so early give off a fake claim though. Because i would assume he knows that if you flip town, he will be ultimately hung tomorrow
Hence why I didn't vote vezo myself. I agree that I don't think vezo's incredibly stupid scum. But I have another theory coming up later in this post.

@HackerHuck
No, reasons, eh?
How about I didn't want to give away my role prematurely when I wasn't in imminent danger of being lynched (= L-1 and people threatening to hammer)?
Or how about people only wanted me to give out my name to test out vezo's claim?
And before you give me the crap I'm scum hinting at a PR but stalling with my full claim to come up with a proper fake claim. If this is indeed a vanillaless game, this tactic would make me not more valuable to town.

This is not a smear campaign or chainsaw defending. This is simply people being wary of an extremely sketchy claim early Day 1. No one said, I couldn't be scum and no one said vezo's claim has to be a lie. But blindly following such a claim instead of questioning it is imo rather done by scum than town.

And back to TL saying I was ignoring vezo. What would you call vezo's latest posts?
He's completely ignoring everything that's been directed at him and instead is giving an amazingly inaccurate description of Lost with the sole purpose of making Claire seem a good fake claim.
Why do you keep assuming that scum probably did get name fakeclaims? You seem to take it as a given fact. Do you have inside knowledge about this?

So, MoI's post gave me an idea. I thought about the day namecop getting wrong results and it wouldn't really work if he only gets the names. Would he get a different false name for every person? That would be hell of confusing. Or if he was - let's say - a paranoid cop, would he get only Ethan Rom as a result? That would be kind of boring.
So, I thought of the following option:
- Vezo, Ethan Rom, Lyncher gets the fake name claim Boone Carlyle (since he keeps bringing up there are likely mod-provided fake claims) and has the highly suspicious name Ethan Rom to frame his Lynchee, Claire Littleton, with.
Makes sense? In the context of the show (though Charlie would be a better analogy in terms of lynching, however, Claire is Ethan's main target after all) and in the context of this thread?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Im back fully from my weekend V/LA tomorrow. A day later than I thought I would be. Got a family birthday today and won't be home until the wee old hours of the morning. A catch up, should be up tomorrow afternoon UK time. Sorry folks.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 am

Me and Sera were just discussing that in our qt. Ethan/Claire lyncher/lynchee does actually make 100% flavour sense. Bleh I didn't think vezo would be savvy enough to actually do that, but it makes a fair bit of sense.
Unvote
I also had another even more terrifying posibillity overnight, but thankfully that's not true.

Why do you keep assuming that scum probably did get name fakeclaims? You seem to take it as a given fact. Do you have inside knowledge about this?
It's a standard in all theme games where alignment can be discerned by role name. And since Lost had 14 main cast members in s1 it's not a stretch. Ethan's not even included as a main cast member.

IDEA:

Actually if VEZO is a daynamecop he'll be able to give us another name tomorrow with no worry of roleblocks. I mean if he dies tonight well his flip confirms Dekes as scum, or if he dies and flips lyncher it confirms dekes as Claire.

We can test him tomorrow by using his daycop to guess someone's name. If he guesses right - then he's prob town and dekes is prob scum, if he doesn't welp we know he's lying scum/lyncher. Anyone have any thoughts? I actually think it's a pretty good idea.

I'll need to think it through but to me it sounds a good idea off hand.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 am

Also derp flavour for Booned as a daynamecop plz VEZOK
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 am

Post by TheLonging »

GODDAMMIT I HOPE THOSE WEREN'T SPOILERS, I JUST GOT HALFWAY THROUGH SEASON 4 IN AN EFFORT TO NOT BE SPOILERED QQ
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

OH YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT.
NO SPOILERS OR DISCUSSION OF ANYTHING PAST SEASON ONE SHOULD GO ON IN THIS GAME, BECAUSE ALL FLAVOR/CONTEXT IS RESTRAINED TO SEASON ONE.
CARRY ON.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:18 am

Post by chesskid3 »

So That's what I was starting to think, FaraSera, that we should wait until tomorrow, and have him make sure he gets someone elses name correct.
The problem is that a mafia stalker isn't unheard of, right? SO he could not die and get correct info, at which point we lynch Dekes and see, and then if Dekes flips Claire we kill Vezo next?

Also something that comes to mind is that Ethan was practically the godfather of season 1, with it taking Hurley getting a list of all the passengers names for them to figure out he wasn't on the plane (If anything, Hurley would be a namecop imo, if there was one - sorry for the speculation on pr/names)
So it's not like he would get name inspected D1 and owned.

The people who hopped on that wagon, in order were:
FaraSera
Me
Vezo
TheLonging
[Ademisk hops in with an objection and an FoS Sera]
BloodCovenent hops in.
[Dekes claims]
I hop off to think things over
BloodCovenent hops off.

Not getting that great vibes about TheLonging (hate the caps, but I checked his Meta and it seems pretty consistent)
BloodCovent doesn't seem all that suspicious though.

Also:
Looking at ISO, Hacker has 5 1 sentence posts.
Jason needs to post more as well, but she's V/LA so hopefully we'll get a reasonable sized post when she gets back.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”