Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I went back and found this on top of the page:
Jack wrote:Espeonage is making perfectt sense.

unvote, vote:Demonhybrid
Just want to ask Jack this:

Is he making perfect sense because he agrees with you?
And what exactly is making perfect sense? Is it on the fact he thinks the emoticon is pro-town or something else entirely?
after a wank.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 am

Post by vollkan »

Cooldog wrote: What if you and Jack are scum buddies, I just thought I might throw out that possibility.
Why are you throwing that out?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Espeonage »

What if we are?
Don't @ me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Jack »

SnakePlissken wrote:Not much to say at the moment as it's too early for me to pick up reads on people, however I am curious about your comment :
Jack is town because he had the right reaction to my vote. That emoticon was the perfect response and the way I would expect any townie to act.
Are you serious? you can definetly confirm that Jack is town by a emoticon or were you taking the piss?
fos:snake

Sounds like you just grabbed this to say something.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Seraphim »

"Please beware of them that stare
They'll only smile to see you while
Your time away"

Vote Count

NicolBolas(0) -
Jack(2)
– NicolBolas, PranaDevil
vezokpiraka(0) -
curiouskarmadog(0) -
Stef(0) -
horrordude0215(1)
- Stef
Espeonage(4)
– vollkan, DemonHybrid, horrordude0215, CooLDoG
vollkan(1)
- curiouskarmadog
CooLDoG(0) -
Nero Cain(0) -
zwetschenwasser(0) -
a2rudeboy(1)
- Looker
Pomegranate(1)
- a2rudeboy
Looker(2)
– zwetschenwasser, Espeonage
SnakePlissken(0) -
PranaDevil(2)
- Nero Cain, Pomegranate
DemonHybrid(1)
- Jack
totallynotmafia(0) -

Not Voting(3)
- vezokpiraka, SnakePlissken, totallynotmafia

With 18 alive, it is 10 to lynch
Deadline: September 16, 2010, 12:00 pm, Central Time

DemonHybrid's V/LA is noted.
Last edited by Seraphim on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:09 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@volk- why not throw it out there? just reading through a couple of times, it seems pretty clear to me that the two people who are most closely buddying up are jack and esp. they also happen to be the two players that are the most on the defensive now. i'm not sure if i've gotten good enough of a read on either yet...but if you asked me to pick my scumpair right now, it would be them. although there is the point about scum trying to stay neutral this early in the game, but being experienced they would know it and could use it as an easy defense if they chose to play it agressive, but... (endless WIFOM tunnel)

that being said.

vote:esp

bandwagongogogo!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Jack »

Can anyone see a pattern to the order in which looker's post have links/don't have links? Maybe the number of links has something to do with it.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Espeonage »

Jack are you some sort of search for such-and-such player role? Or a lyncher with an unknown target?
Don't @ me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Jack »

No we're scumbuddies remember.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Espeonage »

Oh wait, forgot about that.
Don't @ me.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Okay... what the smeg?

Esp, I have no clue where you're going with your stuff, but it's unnerving me hugely. I'm not voting you now for two reasons:

1 - to make sure that my vote doesn't add to any kind of quick lynch, but let it be known I would be happy with Esp's lynch.

2 - I still feel Jack is somewhat scummy too, and now not just because he seems to be fishing for a post restriction of some kind. But also because it feels like Jack and Esp are backing each other up rather strangely considering nobody else can see the reason from either.
SnakePlissken wrote:I don't want to come over as a total dumbass in my first proper game.
Don't worry, you will. :P (And what do you mean my games weren't proper games? Smeg head!)
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Looker wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Oh, I missed that there was a second page, but I don't feel like if affected my RV anyway.
Lazy. I think we should wait for CKD's claim before we lynch; what do you think?
I think so too.

On another serious not, I am suspicious of Espy for being wishy-washy and other fun stuff (like, how vollkan explained, that a smiley doesn't make Jack town, no matter whether it was the "correct response" in Espy's mind or not).

VOTE: Espy. (Prana: He has about four votes in a large game. Quicklynch WHATTTT?)

I will say that I have some meta of Espy acting similarly as town (Karma Mafia), but I feel like it doesn't count for much when it's so easy to replicate bad play like this as scum.

(Oh, Espeonage, you don't mind if I call you Espy, right? I kind of like it.)
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Pom (Hey again btw :) ), I may not be around regularly at the moment (or at least as regular as I have been in the past) if I'm not going to be around for potentially 24 hours I don't wish to have a vote on someone and have that vote possibly allow even an accidental quick lynch (recent issues elsewhere that I'm not allowed to comment on have shown that to me). Hence why I'm not out and out voting him for the moment. Consider me just being safe instead of sorry.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 am

Post by CooLDoG »

a2rudeboy wrote:@volk-
why not throw it out there? just reading through a couple of times, it seems pretty clear to me that the two people who are most closely budding up are jack and esp. they also happen to be the two players that are the most on the defensive now. I’m not sure if I’ve gotten good enough of a read on either yet...but if you asked me to pick my scum pair right now, it would be them.
although there is the point about scum trying to stay neutral this early in the game, but being experienced they would know it and could use it as an easy defense if they chose to play it agressive, but... (endless WIFOM tunnel)

That being said.

vote:esp

bandwagongogogo!
You nailed it. I think that the way the two have been acting (just look at their last back-and-forth) they defiantly rank up high on my scum pair list. I would be happy with an esp, or a jack lynch. However, as of late it seems that esp's bandwagon has picked up and it looks like we might be able to put some pressure on him. I really don't like this though:
Jack wrote:Can anyone see a pattern to the order in which looker's post have links/don't have links? Maybe the number of links has something to do with it.
Espeonage wrote:Jack are you some sort of search for such-and-such player role? Or a lyncher with an unknown target?
Jack wrote:
No we're scumbuddies remember
Espeonage wrote:
Oh wait, forgot about that.
I really don't like the way those bolded parts read. Even if they are joking about it the rapid back and forth just gets my scum meter ticking up-ward.
after a wank.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Pomegranate »

PranaDevil wrote:Pom (Hey again btw :) ), I may not be around regularly at the moment (or at least as regular as I have been in the past) if I'm not going to be around for potentially 24 hours I don't wish to have a vote on someone and have that vote possibly allow even an accidental quick lynch (recent issues elsewhere that I'm not allowed to comment on have shown that to me). Hence why I'm not out and out voting him for the moment. Consider me just being safe instead of sorry.
Okay. That makes good sense.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Jack »

cooldog I claim scum, I'm scum with espeonage, your move
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Jack wrote:cooldog I claim scum, I'm scum with espeonage, your move
See. It's stuff like this and that exchange earlier that make me think that I would stand by a lynch on either of you guys, even if you turned up town. Because, at this point, if you aren't scum, you surely aren't pro-town (and it's not as if it's in your meta to play the VI) And that's enough of a reason for me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

CKD deserves an
FOS
until he explains himself berrter.

ESP ISO 3 is bad.
ESP ISO 9 is WIFOM

vote: DemonHybird

All the guy does is vote and then goes V/LA.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by vollkan »

a2rudeboy wrote: @volk- why not throw it out there? just reading through a couple of times, it seems pretty clear to me that the two people who are most closely buddying up are jack and esp. they also happen to be the two players that are the most on the defensive now. i'm not sure if i've gotten good enough of a read on either yet...but if you asked me to pick my scumpair right now, it would be them. although there is the point about scum trying to stay neutral this early in the game, but being experienced they would know it and could use it as an easy defense if they chose to play it agressive, but... (endless WIFOM tunnel)
1) Where is the evidence for Jack buddying up to Esp?
2) Would it change your view of that evidence if I informed you that Jack's meta (from what I have seen of him, which has been quite a bit recently) is to play somewhat tongue-in-cheek?
CD wrote: I really don't like the way those bolded parts read. Even if they are joking about it the rapid back and forth just gets my scum meter ticking up-ward.
What is scummy about a rapid back-and-forth?

Also, if you accept that they are bolded about the joking (and it's pretty obvious that they are), then what's your problem with "the way those bolded parts read"?
a2rudeboy wrote:
See. It's stuff like this and that exchange earlier that make me think that I would stand by a lynch on either of you guys, even if you turned up town. Because, at this point, if you aren't scum, you surely aren't pro-town (and it's not as if it's in your meta to play the VI) And that's enough of a reason for me.
See above - this really is meta-consistent for Jack.
NC wrote: vote: DemonHybird

Golly gosh! Voting
and
going on VLA! He must be scum!

:roll:
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nero Cain wrote:CKD deserves an
FOS
curious as to what anything I have said is scummy.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I also reckon that CKD should get his free time. and claim at the end of the day. He isn't getting lynched at this stage so what is the rush?

@ Pom: I get called Espy all the time so sure you can. Also Karma was a badly played game by me. I was noob throught the whole start of that.

No quicklynch is going to be happening here. You guys need 10 to lynch me. Not going to happen too soon I hope.

Anhy new questions for me?
Don't @ me.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:57 am

Post by CooLDoG »

vollkan wrote:
a2rudeboy wrote: @volk- why not throw it out there? just reading through a couple of times, it seems pretty clear to me that the two people who are most closely buddying up are jack and esp. they also happen to be the two players that are the most on the defensive now. i'm not sure if i've gotten good enough of a read on either yet...but if you asked me to pick my scumpair right now, it would be them. although there is the point about scum trying to stay neutral this early in the game, but being experienced they would know it and could use it as an easy defense if they chose to play it agressive, but... (endless WIFOM tunnel)
1) Where is the evidence for Jack buddying up to Esp?
2) Would it change your view of that evidence if I informed you that Jack's meta (from what I have seen of him, which has been quite a bit recently) is to play somewhat tongue-in-cheek?
CD wrote: I really don't like the way those bolded parts read. Even if they are joking about it the rapid back and forth just gets my scum meter ticking up-ward.
What is scummy about a rapid back-and-forth?

Also, if you accept that they are bolded about the joking (and it's pretty obvious that they are), then what's your problem with "the way those bolded parts read"?
a2rudeboy wrote:
See above - this really is meta-consistent for Jack.
NC wrote: vote: DemonHybird

Golly gosh! Voting
and
going on VLA! He must be scum!

:roll:
I call the epic chainsaw def. Sorry I just couldn't help it :lol: . But the definition of the new chain saw def is: A player defending another player by attacking that players attacker. So that fits the bill. Also jokes are almost never really jokes. I don't let anything slide as "just joking!!! lolz!!!".
Nero Cain wrote:CKD deserves an
FOS

ESP ISO 3 is bad.
ESP ISO 9 is WIFOM

vote: DemonHybird

I don't understand this post though. Why did you attack ESP and then not vote him?
I also don't like this... I know you are joking but it just makes my scum detector ([patent pending]now if you didn't get it that WAS a joke) go off strongly. I don't see the point of posting that stuff other then to confirm my theory that you (Jack) and ESP are scum buddies. I just don't think these types of posts are pro-town. I would vote you but I like ESP lynch better.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Espeonage wrote:I also reckon that CKD should get his free time. and claim at the end of the day. He isn't getting lynched at this stage so what is the rush?

@ Pom: I get called Espy all the time so sure you can. Also Karma was a badly played game by me. I was noob throught the whole start of that.

No quicklynch is going to be happening here. You guys need 10 to lynch me. Not going to happen too soon I hope.

Anhy new questions for me?
Sorry I missed this... I do have a few:

Why the back-and-forth with one line posts with jack?
What content have you posted in this game?
How far would you defend Jack? (Don’t tell me you weren't)
Why is looker so scummy?
Why the wishy wash early on?
Why the buddy up with Jack?
Who do you think is scum other then looker? And why?
And lastly, What do you say to Jack's "claim"?
after a wank.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Espeonage »

Because for some reason we are the only smart people in the town at the moment.

Town hunting. Great thing to do in a large game as confirmed towns are really powerful when you are looking at interactions later on that revolve around people that are still alive. (i.e. When you have no flip info on the person.)

Up until I get reason to believe he isn't town.

He isn't. But every rvs wagon needs a random counter wagon.

Because the RVS is about placing votes to get reactions. If you play catious from the start the game can get stagnant quickly.

Only buddying if one of us is scum.

Not quite sure. I would say there is one on my wagon and the rest are still random or no votes and are just riding this out for now. I have already said that scum don't like taking risks early, at least they usually don't.

More heavy with sarcasm than when a teenager talks with their parents.
Don't @ me.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Seraphim »