Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Explanations are cool, its generally how we go about doing things here.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

charter wrote:Lol.
Parama, you need to take a chill pill. I'm not going to read any posts near as long as that, and it's only page two....

On the scum side, I'd be shocked if at least one of Boberz and Slaxx isn't scum. At this point, I'm leaning towards this being a poorly executed distancing attempt and they're both scum.

I get to post 34. Boberz is definitely scum.

Vote Boberz

Slaxx, you unvoted Boberz, what do you think of him now?

OH MY GOD, ENOUGH WITH THE MASSIVE POINTLESS POSTS.
Skimmed back through and this post stood out. The second line in particular seems as if charter's focusing attention away from himself/buddies. Why not boberz/DH or boberz/Parama.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

so DH/PArama/charter is your proposal?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

So DH/Parama/Charter?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by charter »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
charter wrote:Lol.
Parama, you need to take a chill pill. I'm not going to read any posts near as long as that, and it's only page two....

On the scum side, I'd be shocked if at least one of Boberz and Slaxx isn't scum. At this point, I'm leaning towards this being a poorly executed distancing attempt and they're both scum.

I get to post 34. Boberz is definitely scum.

Vote Boberz

Slaxx, you unvoted Boberz, what do you think of him now?

OH MY GOD, ENOUGH WITH THE MASSIVE POINTLESS POSTS.
Skimmed back through and this post stood out. The second line in particular seems as if charter's focusing attention away from himself/buddies. Why not boberz/DH or boberz/Parama.
Because they don't have a contrived looking back and forth. Why am I supposed to think one of your scenarios instead of mine? It looks like you're trying to pull something out of thin air here. Why do both of your pairs have Boberz and not Slaxx? Do we have it wrong, and Slaxx is scum and Boberz is not? Else I don't see why you're complaining if I'm voting for Boberz, and he's in both the pairs you listed. Really not seeing the problem.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Wow sorry fighting internet/trying to do online homework.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

charter wrote:Because they don't have a contrived looking back and forth. Why am I supposed to think one of your scenarios instead of mine? It looks like you're trying to pull something out of thin air here. Why do both of your pairs have Boberz and not Slaxx? Do we have it wrong, and Slaxx is scum and Boberz is not? Else I don't see why you're complaining if I'm voting for Boberz, and he's in both the pairs you listed. Really not seeing the problem.
There was a distinct Boberz vs theme in the first two pages, and Slaxx, Parama, and DH were all participants. Slaxx vs Parama/DH didn't happen so those pairs don't make sense. I'm asking what distinguishes vs Slaxx from vs DH/Parama. If you are referring to the exchange near the beginning of the game, I don't agree it appears made up, but this is more a matter of opinion.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Initial Puzzle Pieces (Subject to change):

Charter/Weapons=Not scumbuddies.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Parama »

Weapons, you assume I'm pushing on boberz with weak points yet you have admitted to not reading my post. Do you know what that makes me think? YOU'RE SCUM.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Parama »

Well rather you say the push on boberz is weak without reading the biggest post that argues for a boberz lynch. It's like you're completely ignoring the arguments, and for no good reason.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

This is already becoming a debate between like 4 people.

Other people need to get in and offer content now.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

And not shitty stuff either.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Slaxx »

That means:

CES: Two bandwagon votes. No relevant game material/discussion.
Lowell: One vote. No relevant game material/discussion.
Oso: One vote, one explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
xvart: One vote, no explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Parama wrote:Weapons, you assume I'm pushing on boberz with weak points yet you have admitted to not reading my post. Do you know what that makes me think? YOU'RE SCUM.
I said DH was pushing weak points, not you. I read "trying too hard to look town" and "contradiction" and figured where that was going.

Preview Edit: Actually I didn't say anything in regards to what you posted against boberz. I read back and your posts say "you're wrong" more than "you're scum" as the discussion is about game theory, which isn't really dependent on alignment.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Add Xine to the list.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Oso »

Slaxx wrote:That means:

CES: Two bandwagon votes. No relevant game material/discussion.
Lowell: One vote. No relevant game material/discussion.
Oso: One vote, one explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
xvart: One vote, no explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
Game Opened: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 am
Quoted Post: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:07 pm
This Post: See Time Stamp above.

By my count, that is about 8 hours. A hair over from game open to your post. Please, for future reference tell just me how often I should post (in minutes and seconds please) in order to satisfy you.

P.S- I do reserve the right to go at least 8 hours between posts so as to get some sleep occasionally. But if it hoses you up too badly, I suppose I could sleep/eat/work every other day or so.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Oso »

For those of you that missed the sarcasm, the above is me being irritated.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I was more or less talking about the fact that there was no content to any of your posts, not that you hadn't posted.

In that same line of thought, Bub is the king of such shenanigans.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Also I love how you spent the whole time posting all of that out and yet you still have added nothing useful to the discussion :)
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by xvart »

Slaxx, 9 wrote:I'm on my iPhone. That's a beautifully disguise omgus vote though, I must say. Also I commonly make two separate posts anyway. If you doubt me, o the sign up thread an see. Thanks :)
Huh? What about the sign up thread will provide the meta on posting twice? And how is that relevant?
Oso, 16 wrote:VOTE: xvart

If his performance in our last game is any indication, RVS might be my only opportunity to vote him the entire game.
Haha. I'll take this vote as a compliment. :D
boberz, 17 wrote:How about we just never enter it, shocking idea. And everything should be geared to finding scum. I have no objections to RVS wagons though.
I can't believe I'm even going to enter the discussion about RVS, but how in the world do you find scum when nobody has posted anything? Actually, don't answer that because it isn't really relevant and since the thread is five pages long already I hope to god we aren't still discussing the validity of RVS on page five.
boberz, 24 wrote:He ended RVS? I am taking credit for it.
People who go out of their way to say they ended RVS are inherently scummy; because it is a pretty well known fact that ending RVS is pro-town, so people falsely assume that people that end RVS are town, or at least those that lay claim over ending RVS are just trying to score town points for invalid reasons. And why are you taking credit for ending RVS now when you already gave credit to Slaxx?

I had a bunch of stuff about Bob's contridcitions about RVS and his votes, but I see Parama already covered it in his massive page two wall.
boberz, 34 wrote:My vote on Slaxx wasnt random it was thought through, although granted he may not be scum.
Hmmm... sounds like a serious vote on someone who may not be scum. Possibly scum voting a townie but leaving him a way out if the lynch goes through? At the very least, you have voted for something that isn't really justified.
Cogito Ergo Sum, 74 wrote:*hops*

Unvote, vote: boberz
You're going to have to better than that; especially considering your previous posts.
charter wrote:Because they don't have a contrived looking back and forth. Why am I supposed to think one of your scenarios instead of mine? It looks like you're trying to pull something out of thin air here. Why do both of your pairs have Boberz and not Slaxx? Do we have it wrong, and Slaxx is scum and Boberz is not? Else I don't see why you're complaining if I'm voting for Boberz, and he's in both the pairs you listed. Really not seeing the problem.
I approve and agree of this post.
Slaxx, 87 wrote:xvart: One vote, no explanation. No relevant game material/discussion.
Chillax much? Your post reeks of trying to make the motivations of those people who have only posted once or twice in the first twelve hours of the game to be scum motivations. Care to elaborate on your intentions in calling us out?

To sum up: my vote on Bob is staying. Slaxx is suspicious.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

For the last time, its not Meta. Its just how I post. Check the signup thread, I know there is at least one instance where I posted one thing, read up, and a few minutes later decided to address another. Mini normal cue, go. He tried to pass it off as a scum tell by saying I was scared to address people. I am not intimidated by players as town or mafia.

No, I am just trying to keep people in the game and active. Right now more or less Oso who has yet to say anything useful, and CES, but more or less for the record I added anyone else who hadn't said anything useful. I just didn't like how many people were just coming in and posting to vote when there were already other discussions going on (Hell, me and boberz went at it the first few posts).
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Oso »

Slaxx wrote:Also I love how you spent the whole time posting all of that out and yet you still have added nothing useful to the discussion :)
And until I have time to wade through the posts made so far (there were a lot over the course of a few hours), I won't add anything useful.

Answering questions/comments made directly towards me or have my name in them (search function is good for that) is one thing, trying to get something useful out of what 4 or so pages already? Takes a bit longer. I'm going to guess though there is the usual Like/Don't Like RVS discussion in there somewhere and I'm also guessing someone(s) made a vote off of that and there have probably several "walls of texts" trying to tie a bunch of null/slightly scummy tells together into a shaky case.

But I will have something substantial to contribute no later than noon(PST) tomorrow. There should be at least a couple of things useful in there once the usual game start chaff is weeded out.
-
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I guess I have to slow down. Too much real time mafia.

Right now I am thinking along the lines of possibilities and I have gathered these possible scenarios:
Boberz/Weapons as scum + Bud as town (Pretty evident why this is a possibility if you go back and read the thread)
Also I am thinking Parama might be town for now simply because of all the random Parama votes coming from the lurkers, but we'll deal with that later.

Everyone else is neutral. I am really bad about getting reads until everyone has posted some sort of content.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Speaking of which
unvote: bub bidderskins
for now.
Lowell