Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by boberz »

Okay, I perhaps got a bit dramatic in that argument. Essentially the argument boiled down to three things I think:

1/ Theory and the consequent argument/reactions. But we are right to leave this alone now.
2/ Contradictions, which I shall answer individually in a sec but which quite simply dont exist and are people scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for real reasons to vote (not that I object to that on page 4 I suppose)
3/ A load of crap thrown at me by DH. Along the lines of 'trying too hard' and such like.

So the only things I actually accept is the contradictions:

First alleged example: RVS wagons
DH wrote: not actually quoting me shich does make this look bad, it is actually in seperate sentences in the original seperating the phrases somewhat]You're contradicting yourself a bit. You want to never enter RVS, but have no objections to RVS wagons?
I have no objections to RVS wagons within the ocnfines of RVS. They do lead out of RVS, but not nearly so well as my methods, which have worked, wuicker than normal imo.

-----
BubB wrote:So if it wasn't random, then what was your reason for voting Slaxx?
Are you actually reading Bub?

It was because he demonstrated indecision and fear by posting twice rather than once.
And for encouraging the anti-town RVS.

(there will be a more outward looking post later I realise I have been a bit defensive and inward looking of late.

Second Allegded example: who ended RVS? Firstly it doesnt really matter, it was just in response to somebody claiming that RVS votes stopped RVS and crediting Slaxx. I take credit for it, but I credit Slaxx for 'poking and prodding those who are trying to play properly' which helped get us out of RVS. (But I did it first).
me wrote: how do you expect to ever move on from the RVS if you do not poke and prod those who are trying to play properly (I credit you with that Slaxx).
It is clearly me giving credit where credit is due rather than crediting someone with ending RVS.
Last edited by Nicodemus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by boberz »

Tag fail. (Can that be fixed for me mod, to save that massive post twice?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

I'm not attacking lurkers, just trying to get them to post. Notice I have yet to vote any lurkers. I am trying to get reads on them instead. Hard to do when they so not converse. As far as backing down goes, besides admitting I am impatient I don't see where else I have done that.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:20 am

Post by Slaxx »

I already told you posting twice is just how I post, it has nothing to do so with fear, bur you refuse to even acknowledge this because you are so desperate to justify your vote.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

vote boberz
for above reasons.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 am

Post by boberz »

I already told you posting twice is just how I post, it has nothing to do so with fear, bur you refuse to even acknowledge this because you are so desperate to justify your vote.
I accept that, I only repeated the accusation because Bub asked me why I voted for you (before that explanation was given). I then criticised Bub for not reading properly.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Cogito Ergo Sum 74 wrote:*hops*

Unvote, vote: boberz
Opportunistic scum, much?

Before I make my real post, however, the shower for me. You see, unlike other people in this game *coughSlaxxcough* I have a life. I'll post more later.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 am

Right now CES seems like scum. He's posted what, four times, and none of them have more than five or so words in them. It's sort of like he's saying "Hey guys, I'm in the game, but I don't want to say anything that would help the town."

I don't have much time, so I gotta run.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Just fyi, I believe boberz is at Lynch -1.

Bub, if you find yourself thinking that sort of thing 5 pages in and it's not about a newbie, you're probably wrong.

For the people asking for content: Lowell is looking townish and it should be evident why if you think about it.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote Count 1.04

boberz
(6): xvart, DemonHybrid, Parama, charter, Cogito Ergo Sum, Slaxx

Slaxx
(2): boberz, Lowell
Bub Bidderskins
(1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
xvart
(1): Oso

Not Voting:
Bub Bidderskins, Xine

boberz is at L-1

to lynch.

Deadline for D1 can be found here
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Nicodemus »

boberz wrote:Tag fail. (Can that be fixed for me mod, to save that massive post twice?
Fixed.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Just fyi, I believe boberz is at Lynch -1.

Bub, if you find yourself thinking that sort of thing 5 pages in and it's not about a newbie, you're probably wrong.

For the people asking for content: Lowell is looking townish and it should be evident why if you think about it.
Question: Why are you voting for boberz? You gave no explanation whatsoever. You just shamelessly hopped on the badwagon.

Also, why does Lowell look townish? Again, explanation would be nice here.
Show

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Sorry; catching up late tonight. One game completely drained me and fried my brain last night and I have classes until 9 today.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 am

Post by boberz »

Nicodemus wrote:
boberz wrote:Tag fail. (Can that be fixed for me mod, to save that massive post twice?
Fixed.
Thanks
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:45 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh, and I'm not leaving you at L-1.

Unvote

Still my top suspect, but I'd rather no one quickhammer. I gotta look over some things first.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Bubberskins wrote:Question: Why are you voting for boberz? You gave no explanation whatsoever. You just shamelessly hopped on the badwagon.
You seem confused. I clearly stated what I was doing when I changed my vote.
Bubberskins wrote:Also, why does Lowell look townish? Again, explanation would be nice here.
Take a guess.

I'm noting berz' failure to acknowledge being at lynch -1.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Lowell »

Slaxx spends pages complaining that the lurkers haven't participated (in the first 24 hours), but has no problem putting a L-1 vote onto someone who is actually (sorta) trying. Okay.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:56 am

Post by boberz »

I'm noting berz' failure to acknowledge being at lynch -1.
I was not suprised I knew the amount of votes on me. I am not claiming it shouldnt be necessary. I still dont have time for a proper post yet.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Slaxx »

So you'd rather me vote Someone who hasn't talked but I don't think is scum?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Lowell »

You've outwitted me with your double negatives. Touche.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Slaxx »

Haha u so funny.

You did answer the question.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Slaxx »

Damn autocorrect. Didn't.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Oso »

@Slaxx
Oso wrote:..
But I will have something substantial to contribute no later than noon(PST) tomorrow. There should be at least a couple of things useful in there once the usual game start chaff is weeded out.
Just noticed it's Noon. Post under construction, morning busier than I thought it would be.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Oso »

OK, here it goes. Apologies in advance for being a bit later than I said and for being long, as I'm going to try and hit on everyone. If I don't mention a player then assume a dead neutral read.

Xine
: No post so far, so no opinion. Not even a neutral here.

boberz
: Seems he's one of the early flavors. Not getting a real town read off him but also not going to vote for him. Seems that most of the votes on him are for things that are early game attempts to get the game started (however poorly(?) he did it). Some folks mentioned some contradictions about his RSV and they are valid but I'm still trying to figure out if they are actually scummy or a result of game start jitters/excitement.

Parama
: Also an early flavor. Managed to garner 3 votes at one point but, as far as I can tell, they were no-reason RVS votes. The only bells ringing here, and they are not very loud ones, is his logging off CES's and Lowell's votes to bitterness over prior games. I'd willing to let that go unoted except that in the same post, and it's his first, he votes the only wagon that is competing with him. Regardless of how he justified the boberz vote, it seems off. But not enough for my vote at the moment. Keeping an eye on him though.

DemonHybrid
: Pretty much boberz partner in the RVS discussion and pretty much the same reason I'm not going to vote him either. Both players threw out a lot of static behind the RVS thing and am seriously considering throwing out most/all of their posts in relation to that as unusable. DH does get a nice big brownie point from me because he did take boberz off L-1 with his unvote. Indicates that he is town that is afraid of a hammer by scum rather than scum looking for a quickhammer. I'd expect that if he was scum, he'd have left his vote there and fall back on blaming boberz play for his own lynch had he(boberz) been lynched and had showed up town on the flip, if he was questioned about it at all.

Charter
: Pretty neutral here. Don't mind keeping him around though. He has only 3 posts so far and that is a bit thin to make any determinations off of but I do like his Post #79 where he responds to a comment made by Weaps. He's thinking and not afraid to defend his reads.

Lowell
: He's being the Lowell I played with before. Unlike the Lowell I played with, he actually made a point though that seems decent about Slaxx. In Post 99 and Post 116. I may have to reevaluate my overall opinion of him.

xvart
: From my RVS you might get the impression I like playing mafia with him. You'd be right but he remains neutral. Thinking out loud here but, like Charter, I like the direction his thinking seems to be going in.

Bub/Weaps
: Dead Neutral at the moment. Only difference between the two is that Weaps has voted, Bub has not. Both strike me as players who are getting themselves oriented and getting into the game but I can't even make a guess on alignment.

Slaxx
: The person I will vote if my actual vote goes no where. Main reason is L-1 on a player he has made a zero case on. He doesn't even bother to borrow someone else's. Just uses a 'see above post' in his vote post and the 'see above' post is based on the 'possibilities' and go back and read the thread to find them. Weak, very weak.

Unvote

VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum.

Here is why:
Votes Parama. RVS vote but it is the third on Parama. Then switches his vote to boberz after it looks as if the Parama wagon is going nowhere, making him 5th on that wagon but with no explanation. He did give a reason of sorts. Called it a *hop* . But gives no explanation for the *hop* . Even when asked for an explanation (by Bub I believe) he accuses Bub of being confused and still doesn't give an explanation. Just implies that the reason, a *hop*, somehow is all the justification that is needed.

My conclusion is that CES is going to be on whatever wagon has even the slightest chance of going all the way to a lynch. And he is going to do it with as little explanation and reasoning as possible.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

Post by boberz »

I have become quite suspicious of Bub Buddikins.

The thing that spraked my interest was the need to repeat myself to him. About whether the vote was random and about the reasons for said vote. This was the primary thing dominating the early stages of the game (in fact it continues to be) so for him to apparently be scrutinising me showed a disinterest in the thread and the conversations within it. No need to scumhunt makes someone more likely to be scum. Simples.

So this led me to iso him:

It is essentially full of lots of questions, on the face of it I have no problem with this in early game. But the questions are not probing ones trying to find holes in arguments or trip up scum. But it is as if they are just there to work out what is going on, slowing up the game and clogging up the thread with repitition and irrelevance.
Bub B wrote:Before I make my real post, however, the shower for me.
It was a long shower. In fact I think I have had three since this has been promised.

All that Bub has done since this promise was suggest CES was active lurking *cough*
And ask another question or two.

Bub is not actually contributing to the game just filling it with nonesense. The difference with him and the other 'lurkers' is that he is posting a fair amount and he seems to think (or atleast convince us that he thinks) he is contributing actual useful things.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”