jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

ooBAZZoo wrote:@everyone - Just to throw a question into the mix:
Do you think your read of a player should take into account their experience?
not 100% sure what you mean here... (its like 4am here lol) do you mean how long they have been playing? if that is the case you have to be careful as I have seem so many scummy players skate by on the 'Newbie' card were people will cast their scumminess aside because they are new.. But at the same time there has to be caution as you can not ignore scummy behaviour regardless of experience.

EBWOP: Dry-Fit makes a good point on Andrew there.. the interesting thing is Andrew never followed this up, his next post was about CDK. Looking at him in ISO his RVS vote was JS and the quote you mentioned almost seemed like he was trying to justify his random vote with a reason.

Andrew, is JS your main scum read right now?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

ooBAZZoo wrote:@everyone - Just to throw a question into the mix:
Do you think your read of a player should take into account their experience?
In a way yes. A newer player you tend to expect that they sometimes read into things the wrong way, or they may not look like they are scumhunting because they really don't know what to look for. Sometimes it's hard to determine what's "scumtell" with them and what's "newb" mistakes.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Dry-fit wrote:
nameloc1986 wrote:Another RQ: Since I feel this may be an issue this game, what is everybody's stance on policy lynching?
I'm not for it. If there's a player you have even the tiniest bit of suspicion of that 's better than a policy lynch. And a situation where it's impossible to get any kind of read at all is hard to imagine. Which player(s) do you suspect might be likely to be policy lynched?
Great question: Andrew is the epitome of the village idiot. He's stupid enough to fake-claim PRs. Also I've checked his meta and he seems to have a knack for getting lynched Day 1 as a townie. Also I'm getting a "slight" idiot read off of shotty. His meta, from what I can tell, doesn't help him a whole lot either.
Dry wrote:
nameloc1986 wrote:Anywho, I really don't want to get carried away with mindless squabbles during RVS. I'm gonna wait for others to post.
Why not? Isn't that how we get out of rvs?
Maybe constructive squabbles can help you out of RVS, but not mindless squabbles.[/quote]
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by andrew94 »

nope what do u mean by 'didnt follow up', i asked him to explain it, and on the same post i asked ckd what he meant, i then continuously replied to hop , whilst he hasnt replied yet
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by 2003041 »

@DF: I really don't know if a no lynch would be beneficial at all in this type of set-up (probably not), but my point was that if there is not enough evidence for me to merit a vote, I will not vote. I stand by what I say in post 77 that a lynch will give us more info than a no lynch, but I don't want to vote for someone just because I HAVE to vote.
Show
New Game: Town 0W//1L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 0/1
Replacement: Town 1W//0L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 1/1
Work by day, Guitar Hero/Rock Band by twilight, Mafia at night. THAT, my friends, is a perfect day!!!

We need subscribers for our GH/RB team to be sponsored.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEAML3G3NDOFFICIAL <----Subscribe here to help us.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

andrew94 wrote:nope what do u mean by 'didnt follow up', i asked him to explain it, and on the same post i asked ckd what he meant, i then continuously replied to hop , whilst he hasnt replied yet
ummm no not quite, Andrew

this is your post
andrew94 wrote: when i looked at your post 'minority' i thought instantly to 'uninformed minority' aka town, therefore i felt you were trying too hard to be town
which was your last mention of JS followed by this
andrew94 wrote:nameloc jumps all over the place. ckd apparently misreads and leavs his vote there for the whole day.

@oobazzoo what do u mean
Which u can clearly see makes no mention of JS.... followed by your most recent post quoted at the top... I was making the point that since the
andrew94 wrote: when i looked at your post 'minority' i thought instantly to 'uninformed minority' aka town, therefore i felt you were trying too hard to be town
you have not followed it up with anything.. Sorry
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

andrew94 wrote:nope what do u mean by 'didnt follow up', i asked him to explain it, and on the same post i asked ckd what he meant, i then continuously replied to hop , whilst he hasnt replied yet
Also, how can you continiously reply to someone... who hasn't replied?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
This:
me wrote:Andrew is the epitome of the village idiot
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by andrew94 »

my post 1 2 and 3 were 'follow ups'
and my post 4 was just noting nameloc's jumping around?
after post 3 hop hasnt replied to my thing yet
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

nameloc1986 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
This:
me wrote:Andrew is the epitome of the village idiot
Im making this my last post of the night... as I said before about the newbie card, I am also very wary of the VI card being played on Andrew.. Yes, I have seen some of his games and he comes across as a VI alot of the time... but this is exploitable, very exploitable.

I am wary because Andrew draws scum... he knows he is known as a VI and everyone will expect that of him and think nothing more of it.... so he exploits it and hides behind the VI meta he has as scum. He has been on the site six months now.. I think the VI play by him is a perfect way to hide as scum... because many will just say, oh its Andrew... hes a Village Idiot and scummy play slide...

I've shown him to be lying... that can't be excused as VI

unvote
vote: Andrew

As I said, with his meta... its the perfect place for him to hide being scum.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Let his scummy play slide that meant to say... bloody late night NASCAR races that go on till 5am!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by andrew94 »

nameloc has upped in my scum read as he is trying to get everyone to ignore me by naming me VI.
i have seen this tactic in a finished newbie game where a person convinces the others to completely ignore someone else due to 'vi'
i no like

preview edit: what? so i get lynched in about 8 games as townie on day1 to win in this game? huh, it makes no sense to me
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by andrew94 »

how am i lying? i believe u misundersstand the so called follow up of posts '1 2 and 3' hop hasnt replied to my last, therefore i just talked about nameloc

explain #110
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

unvote
vote andrew
#freeShotty
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by andrew94 »

nice, u havent said a word to me apart from random vote, and you vote on me
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

hey andrew you should join this marathon game
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15464
#freeShotty
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by andrew94 »

yea ill in if you start 1 hour from now, ( i gotta shower and stuff within this hour)

p.s. cbf typing in there so just add me in
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by ooBAZZoo »

andrew94 wrote:@oobazzoo what do u mean
What I mean is: should a player's familiarity with, and experience of, mafia games influence the way you read them. I ask because in my last game I said how we were forced to read the IC differently to the newbies, and a few people went mad, saying 'scum are scum' and that all reads should be the same.
I guess we have this problem less because this isn't a newbie game with a big gap between players' experience. I guess what's more important to note in this situation is a player's meta, and the possibility of them being (or pretending to be) a VI; a point Jason has raised.
In my view all reads should be relative.

---

I find it amusing how Shotty votes for andrew without reason in one post, then invites him to a game in the next, almost as thought he's making up for it :p
On a serious note thought, Shotty - do you not have anything more to add to discussion?
x
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

andrew94 wrote:nameloc has upped in my scum read as he is trying to get everyone to ignore me by naming me VI.
i have seen this tactic in a finished newbie game where a person convinces the others to completely ignore someone else due to 'vi'
i no like

preview edit: what? so i get lynched in about 8 games as townie on day1 to win in this game? huh, it makes no sense to me
1) I'm not trying to get people to ignore you, I'm just trying to warn people that you are an idiot. It was really meant to mean whether you are a townie or scum.

2) If I was "scum" trying to get people to ignore you, it would be because of you being scum. Scumslip maybe?

Seeing as how you are a popular Day 1 lynch, I'm not going to vote you just yet, but you're definitely tempting me.
FOS: Andrew
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:16 am

Post by Zdenek »

Bazz wrote: Do you think your read of a player should take into account their experience?
Yes, but as Jason pointed out, you need to be careful.

As far as the "lie" by Andrew is concerned. I'm inclined to chalk his talk of replying continuously to someone who hasn't replied up to being a village idiot. That said, I certainly don't have a positive read on him at the moment.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

@CKD - Can you explain your vote? I have never been a fan of those who just vote without reason, seems like a lazy bandwagon jump to me to be honest.

@Andrew..
andrew94 wrote:
explain #110
what is there to expain about it? I thought it was pretty self explanitory. But anyway, for your sake..

Post 109 by myself included a grammer error here....
jasonT1981 post 109 wrote: hes a Village Idiot and scummy play slide...
my post 110 was a follow up correcting that grammer...
jasonT1981 post 109 wrote:Let his scummy play slide that meant to say... bloody late night NASCAR races that go on till 5am!
Unless your referring to the NASCAR comment... I was chalking my grammer mistake up to it being nearly 5am here and I was tired due to sitting up until 5am to watch last nights NASCAR race (I'm in UK before you wonder about the time)

Hope that explains things for you.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

jasonT1981 wrote:@CKD - Can you explain your vote? I have never been a fan of those who just vote without reason, seems like a lazy bandwagon jump to me to be honest.
Blagh, sorry I meant Shotty here...not CKD.

Shotty, if you have time to pimp your game in other games including this one, and send me a PM asking me to join your game, you have time to explain your actions here and answer questions asked off you.

FOS: Shotty
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

about a page behind, this game is second in line to update (tomorrow)..saw this though.
jasonT1981 wrote:@CKD - Can you explain your vote? I have never been a fan of those who just vote without reason, seems like a lazy bandwagon jump to me to be honest.
what vote?...I am currently not voting anyone.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:about a page behind, this game is second in line to update (tomorrow)..saw this though.
what vote?...I am currently not voting anyone.
Yea, sorry see my post above yours. I meant Shotty not you, CKD.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by andrew94 »

nameloc1986 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:nameloc has upped in my scum read as he is trying to get everyone to ignore me by naming me VI.
i no like

1) I'm not trying to get people to ignore you, I'm just trying to warn people that you are an idiot. It was really meant to mean whether you are a townie or scum.

2) If I was "scum" trying to get people to ignore you, it would be because of you being scum. Scumslip maybe?

Seeing as how you are a popular Day 1 lynch, I'm not going to vote you just yet, but you're definitely tempting me.
FOS: Andrew
when you warn ppl that im an idiot, they tend to not listen to me- if your scum u just made ppl not listen to me

point 2- er wtf? your scum getting people to ignore me- town guy

Return to “Completed Open Games”