Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

I may be but in general I find scum the favorite. This is magnified 10X when mountainous. If you ask me this is as balanced as a mountainous can be, which in my opinion is still a scum dominated genre. A more competent scum team wins this hands down.

I've also never been caught as scum by anything other than a powerrole...so go figure.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

may be ...bias*
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I think I agree with Oso mostly. Scum was in a bad spot after two correct lynches early on but...well, isn't that what happens when own hits that accurate?

The one thing I will say is I don't think scum have such an advantage where day talk should be limited - either the day talk is worth giving them or it isn't (I'd say give it, considering the double lynch mechanic) but frankly the whole half day on/half off business kinda felt confusing and slightly left me off balance as to keeping track of such conversation.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

That I agree with. Also I think the starting scum team didn't think it through and chose poorly right at the start to have the chat D1P2 not D1P1.

I also think Mina's idea to trim down the town was actually a good one.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Thor665 wrote:I think I agree with Oso mostly. Scum was in a bad spot after two correct lynches early on but...well, isn't that what happens when own hits that accurate?

The one thing I will say is I don't think scum have such an advantage where day talk should be limited - either the day talk is worth giving them or it isn't (I'd say give it, considering the double lynch mechanic) but frankly the whole half day on/half off business kinda felt confusing and slightly left me off balance as to keeping track of such conversation.
Yeah, full daytalk might work better with this kind of setup.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'd agree. I consider full day talk to be a scumvantadge, but frankly a double lynch is a solid townvantadge so it feels relatively powered.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Benmage wrote:I've also never been caught as scum by anything other than a powerrole...so go figure.
Not necessarily a PR catch, considering.:P
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Benmage wrote:I've also never been caught as scum by anything other than a powerrole...so go figure.
Not necessarily a PR catch, considering.:P
Dayvig doesn't count?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not when almost everyone could dayvig!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I really wanted to shoot someone in that game :(
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Still :P ...the point isn't that I've never been under suspicion, but try getting a majority on me...not easy.

And I have tried very hard to erase that game from my memory.... traitors on a scum team = fail game.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:14 am

Post by havingfitz »

Good job town.

Did the scum QT ever get posted?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Meh, 2 of 3 of the surviving scum team consented, and Dry Fit only ever posted once, so here;
Scum QT
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:00 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thor665 wrote:Meh, 2 of 3 of the surviving scum team consented, and Dry Fit only ever posted once, so here;
Scum QT
Good stuff. Many props to you and Baby Spice for keeping that interesting!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Percy »

I am very happy that we won this game. I would have had a meltdown if we lost this one!
Benmage wrote:Benmage's 1-2-3 success. Told ya I had this one on lockdown. Just needed to bypass a little collateral damage.
:neutral:
Oso wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to Zach for running the game and to Sotty for inviting me to play in the first place.
This!
Benmage wrote:We got luckyish with baby spice
:roll:
Mina wrote:Oh, and Benmage? Here's your new avatar.
Yesssssssss
Mina wrote:(Percy, I revoked my bet. IT DOESN'T COUNT!)
Awwwww.... :P
VP Baltar wrote:Historically, balance in a mountainous game is best at a ratio of 2:10. The double day mechanic is definitely beneficial to the town, so adding an additional scum player was necessary.
I think the game could be run and still be balanced at 3:10 or 3:11 - this kind of game requires a lot more work from scum than your average game. But 3:13 worked out well, considering how close we came to losing!

I think Thor did really well at the end there and got a lot of mislynches happening before he got done, so kudos to him. I'm relatively happy with my play in this game; I was wrong about Dry-fit, and even though I somehow spent the entire game being hounded for it, I still got the BS lynch. And the KScope lynch felt fucking fantastic, even though he was town. Vindictive, much? :P

Thanks again to Zach for a great game, and I had fun playing with you all! :D
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Elmo »

Mmh. KScope is never a bad lynch. :P

I just now looked through your posts because I had great difficulty finding the case at the time. I don't think her slip was a slip - I just can't really imagine scum blurting that kind of thing out, and I've seen town use that kind of phrasing before. I do think her vote on Lrdwhyt was scummy, actually. I see the argument for but don't really buy into the point about her going after Benmage's early mistake about lynching; it's pretty clear he made a mistake, but remember that IAI did something very similar and he turned out to be town; maybe there's a finer distinction to be made there, but that influenced my view. I think her position against Benmage as "arrogant scum" isn't scummy; I think it's literally possibly true but a dubious position to take, but to me it's believable that a townie would have that reaction to Benmage's general abrasiveness, and I still don't really see any tactical gain from it.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Benmage wrote:We got luckyish with baby spice and scum got lucky furclow was town. Both weren't making it to lylo.
I have won the game for the town in lylo
I would have lynched IAI or Thor just the same as you, so

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”